these fools are gonna try and take over wall street

Comments

• breaking news..protester bleeding like a pig....something just went down

Yeah, saw something about it on the Livestream feed. Some bloke was apparently kicking the barricades, and the police chased him. It's likely that he fell and hit his head, without any help from friendly batons. He got pulled about a bit afterwards, but the blood might have been down to his own clumsiness.
  • breaking news..protester bleeding like a pig....something just went down

Yeah, saw something about it on the Livestream feed. Some bloke was apparently kicking the barricades, and the police chased him. It's likely that he fell and hit his head, without any help from friendly batons. He got pulled about a bit afterwards, but the blood might have been down to his own clumsiness.
    :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    They OWS site says he was a tackled from behind by NYPD. Don't know if it's true or not, but it seems like most of the reports on their site are bullshit. The protesters are of course being angels and the evil police are terrorizing them. Seems to me like the OWS people are as full of shit as the people they're protesting.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ah yes blame the cops.....what a joke
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • One of these peaceful protesters slashed a police officer in NY today. Initial reports are that the officer is in stable condition. Thank God this is a non-violent protest.
  • Nice, just saw on NY1 that one of these "people" threatened to blow up Macy's in Herald Square.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    ah yes blame the cops.....what a joke

Yes, because the cops ure are 1% right :roll:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Yeah, that guy's been arrested. He also threatened to burn the city to the ground. This is his 2nd arrest in less than a month. He was arrested on 10/26 for assaulting a police officer. Why do I get the feeling that Wall Street has nothing to do with this guy's financial troubles? He seems very employable to me.
    Nice, just saw on NY1 that one of these "people" threatened to blow up Macy's in Herald Square.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    so this "fuck the police" mentality these clowns have...

is this because the police have JOBS and they are jealous about that? or is part of their down with man motto?
  • one of these "people"
    :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You guys Do listen to Pearl Jam right? so weird.
    Nice, just saw on NY1 that one of these "people" threatened to blow up Macy's in Herald Square.

yea he looks like a real model citizen
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

fuck pearl jam and their beliefs

i love the music ...that's about it
  • People who listen to Pearl Jam can't disagree with these protesters? I wonder what bands the guy who slashed the cop in NYC today listens to.
    :lol: o.k, but i find that odd

i find it odd multi millionaires charge $100 per ticket yet talk about green disease

i find it odd multi millionaires charge $100 per ticket yet talk about green disease

me too, but i think at some point they came to the conculsion they could do more good working within the system, which is what you want the protesters to do right?
  • You guys Do listen to Pearl Jam right? so weird.

Bingo! This is getting weird neily that I'm actually agreeing with you on stuff lately.

Bingo! This is getting weird neily that I'm actually agreeing with you on stuff lately.

This alone concerns me :D
  • Anyone that bases their beliefs on what bands tell them is a complete moron anyway. And anyone that makes up their mind about an issue without understanding both sides is an even bigger moron.

Yeah BJ, it is very scary.

Don't get me wrong, it bothers me too that guys like Corzine get $100million cash windfalls after their companies go belly up as a result of their moral hazard. But this is not the way to go about changing the status quo.

which could bring up the point of how do these "protestors" justify the fact that it is OK that their musician/actor/artist idol makes millions upon millions upon millions?
    i just don't know what to do to fix things, so i'm listening to anyone who has an idea, but i'll never support voilence. In the same breath, i've meet some police officers that ....lets say could use sensitivy training.
    rival. wrote:

which could bring up the point of how do these "protestors" justify the fact that it is OK that their musician/actor/artist idol makes millions upon millions upon millions?

That's a very good point, sadly i think most think there actaully that talented and deserve it.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited November 2011

they have to pay their people. plus, they charge a lot less than other big acts (ie u2)
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    rival. wrote:

That's a very good point, sadly i think most think there actaully that talented and deserve it.

i am sure their argument would be that they were all self made and they are deserving. which could be true, but narrow minded to think big shots with big companies could not be self made either.

i work for a gigantic hotel corporation. the largest in the world actually. and i can't tell you how many big wigs in this company started as a housekeeper, waiter, room service attendant. THAT is self made.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

What does this have to do with anything?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Good luck getting home tonight neily. Looks like these "people" are flooding the subways at 5.
    Better Dan wrote:

What does this have to do with anything?

The band leans to the left
  • It amazes me how people who are supposed to be adults somehow worship actors, musicians, and athletes and think of them as better and "more deserving" than people who make six or seven figures by using their brains. You have an MBA? You're a greedy piece of garbage. You can sing, act, or run fast? You're a hero!

rival. wrote:

Good luck getting home tonight neily. Looks like these "people" are flooding the subways at 5.

actually im leaving for the dentist now....which happens to be on broadway....this should be interesting
This discussion has been closed.