Options

*** Ed solo NJ Fanviews Here 8/7/08 ***

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    They are starting to figure ways of getting them up without blatantly identify the media. Genius! Keep up the great work guys. Many have been listed on redmosquito from this show...THANK YOU FOR MAKING AVAILABLE!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
    -Mark Twain
  • Options
    sibylsibyl Posts: 45
    maybe someone saw 3 italian girls .. first tier..
    :D

it was incredible.. the best day of my holiday in new york.. it was great..
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    if anyone comes across a boot of this show please.....pm me...
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    I bought those binoculars that take digital pix..... Think I took like 20 or so pix that I thought WOULD BE GREAT. Got home and NOTHING!!

Anyone got any good pix?!

HELP!!
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    allstar340 wrote:
    if anyone comes across a boot of this show please.....pm me...
    ummm me too
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    Don't be shy~!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    Does anyone have a boot of this show? If so, please PM me!!! I've been waiting patiently for some news on official bootlegs from this tour, but it doesn't sound like anything's being done.
  • Options
    Wish iwas there I'm scared of Jersey..weird considering i live in Detroit
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    This was a great show....I was lucky enough to have 4th row. I would love a boot of this show just for the YLB story alone 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Drifter88Drifter88 Posts: 7
    edited February 2009
    My God I had completely forgotten about Ed's explanation of Yellow Ledbetter and the new song that night. What an ass I am.

I'm getting goosebumps just going through this topic. This was my very first concert ever. I had just come to the States from Nepal (it was only my third day here) and I managed to somehow go to Newark and find the venue and get a ticket from a guy outside the venue. A very long story. Thanks for all the reviews you guys, it made me feel like I'm reliving that night all over again.

p.s - if that lady who was gracious enough to spend time and talk about PJ with me and was super-stoked when I finally managed to get the ticket is here, I would like to thank her with all my heart again. I hope you liked the nepali cigarettes hahah. Also thanks to the couple in the third tier who let me smoke some of the hash. Getting high (for the first time on American weed) and watching Ed play Hard Sun is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me.
    Post edited by Drifter88 on
  • Options
    I went to the show too! I travelled from Chile to see him...I still can't believe I actually saw him.
    I got to see the concert thanks to a guy from Pennsylvania! I scaped from were I was staying cause my parents didn't let me go, and I only had 50 dolars. Thanks to this guy I saw Eddie again. So, if you read this, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, you have no idea what it meant to me.!!!!! I can't explain it, but it was one the happiest moments of my life :D:D:D

I went to see him in both concerts in NY! at the end of hard sun of the second show ( august 5th), Eddie said "THANK YOU CHILE" cause I was with the chilean flag!...those 3 words felt so fuckin good hahaha. If someone has that video, PLEEEEEASE let me know, or help me find it, it means everything to me!!!! I really need to here those 3 words again ! :)

ps: sorry for my english, I'm still learning :p
    hey hey I remember you. You, me(I'm the guy from Nepal) and the dude from Israel seemed to be the only foreigners in that show. Good to see you here... and what a beautiful night it was!

sorry for the double posts. I am just tooo stoked after going through this topic.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    joline wrote:
    This is my blog entry about the night. For me, the advenuture was GETTING there from Pittsburgh...

This is the story of how I came to believe that God didn't want me to go to Newark yesterday.

First, my friend Andy picked me up from work at 12:30pm. I was blissfully unaware of the torture ahead and was SO HAPPY! I felt like I was going to giggle myself right out of my skin. We parked at the airport and bounded inside. Since we planned to land at 5:15 and head straight to the 7pm concert, we weren't even carrying any luggage.

But... once we got to our gate, a fellow passenger told us that he had received an e-alert stating that our flight was delayed.

We tried to get some information from the employees at the Continental ticket counter. They were entirely unsympathetic. They simply stated that we might be in Newark by 6:30. Yikes--if I didn't arrive on time, the fan club box office would close and I'd be shut out of the concert entirely!

Painful, panic-filled hours passed. We went to the ticket counter again and again, to no avail. They simply did not want to deal with us--other than to say our plane hadn't even started flying to Pittsburgh yet. At that point, it started to dawn on me that I had spent an arm and leg on this trip and I was going to miss Eddie Vedder. I thought was going to throw up, right there at the gate.

I called the concert venue. I called the Ten Club. Both were polite but told me the same thing: Just get to Newark as quickly as possible.

And so, Andy and I ran down the other gates, desperately searching for ANY flight anywhere NEAR Newark. Most of the ticket agents acted annoyed by our pleas, but one nice lady was putting passengers on a 5:05 flight to Laguardia. She offered to seat us on her plane if Continental would transfer our tickets to US Airways.

Since the plane was about to take off, Andy and I tore across the airport back to the Continental gate. Our agents were even more annoyed with us and said it would be "unfair" to transfer us to a good plane --one that was actually FLYING-- when they hadn't transferred anyone else. I felt like screaming, "IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU DUDES ARE BITCHES. SEND ME TO LAGUARDIA!" I asked for their customer service number, and they finally agreed to help us. We bolted to the other plane and boarded just in time.

And so, we were in the air. If nothing else bad happened, we'd get to the concert just in time to see the whole show.

But. Argh! Then there was a traffic jam on the runway in NYC. For some reason, we wasted a painful 45 minutes in a cluster of other planes. This gave me time time to make frantic phone calls and research our next plan of action. We could hire a driver for $84, but risk sitting in rush hour traffic. Or, we could get a cab to Penn Station, catch a train to Newark, and hoof it four blocks to the concert. The locals in the seats around us advised the train, which would at least avoid traffic.

When the doors FINALLY opened, we made our way to the front and pounded down the airport corridors to ground transport. We found a cab and told the driver to step on it, explaining that we had just 1 hour to get to Newark.

If nothing else bad happened, we'd get to the concert in time to claim my fan club seats and only miss a little bit of the show.

That's when the cab driver pulled over on the highway. His trunk was malfunctioning and kept flapping open. He got out a screwdriver and went to work.

I thought about how sad it would be to puke in a cab.

Once we finally started out again, we inched along at an agonizing pace through Brooklyn traffic. It was all surreal. I kept thinking, "At no point was I supposed to see the HOLLAND FUCKING TUNNEL today!"

We finally got to Penn Station. I threw a fistful of cash at the driver and bolted into the street. The whole world seemed to move in painful slow motion as we pushed blindly through crowds. We finally, finally found out how to buy tickets to Newark and waited tensely for the 8:04 train. I had 30 minutes to get to my fan club tickets before the box office closed.

If nothing else bad happened, I would at least get to go inside the venue.

At this point, sweating in a mosh pit for 11 hours--like I had done exactly a year before at Lollapalooza--was starting to seem like an easier way to see Eddie Vedder.

Finally on our train, we rolled at a freakishly slow pace out of New York City. Andy got directions from the attendant and we sat, practically in pounce position, waiting for the chance to burst into Newark. My mom kept calling my cell phone to get my despondent updates.

But - joy of joys - it turned out to be pretty easy to get to Newark from NYC! We finally hit the pavement in Newark and took off on foot. I felt like my lungs were going to pop in the hot New Jersey night as we sprinted across the city.

And finally, finally, the New Jersey Performing Arts Center loomed ahead. It took a couple minutes to find the last remaing open door, but...we got our tickets!!! And slid, sweaty and breathless, to our seats....JUST AS THE LIGHTS DIMMED.

And then, well, from there it was just magic. Eddie ambled out in his sweet, modest way. I was happy to join in the appreciative applause, which, for several minutes, seemed like it might never stop. Eddie blushed and stared into his guitar while we showered him with love and grateful cheers.

Eddie was in a great mood. He played his work from Into the Wild, offered us some covers, and sprinkled in some Pearl Jam tunes. And when he offered us all a sing-a-long in the form of "Small Town," I giddily raised my arms in the air with the rest of the room as we sang, "I just want to scream...HELLO!"

But the best, most magical part was when Eddie said, "This next song is dedicated to whoever is having a birthday tonight."

And I simply froze. I could have yelled out--I was just 12 rows back in a quiet theater. But it just came out as a whisper when I yelped, "That's me!" I was going to have a birthday at midnight.

And somehow, through the sheer magic that has always connected me with Pearl Jam, Eddie sang the following birthday wish:

May God bless and keep you always,
    May your wishes all come true,
    May you always do for others
    And let others do for you.
    May you build a ladder to the stars
    And climb on every rung,
    May you stay forever young,
    May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
    May you grow up to be true,
    May you always know the truth
    And see the lights surrounding you.
    May you always be courageous,
    Stand upright and be strong,

May your hands always be busy,
    May your feet always be swift,
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift.
    May your heart always be joyful,
    May your song always be sung,

Oh gosh. Just re-reading those words right now made me start sobbing again. I was completely overwhelmed when he sang this, thinking that I couldn't have possibly dreamed of a more magical, more appropriate birthday wish. I kept thinking, this is my song. I know Eddie doesn't have my birthday in his little Palm Pilot or whatever, so I can only conclude that it was magic.

So, basically, the concert was totally worth it.

Eddie is so genuine it's almost heartbreaking. I sat in that seat and I watched in awe as a beautiful human being poured out his heart to us.

At one point, he decided to take a question from the crowd. The fan asked, "What are the lyrics to 'Yellow Ledbetter?'" -- the notoriously mumbled tune. Eddie explained that the song was about a man who was killed in the Gulf War, and when he deciphered the line "I see them, on the front porch, but they don't wave," his voice cracked with tears. It was amazing. I can't even tell you the level of emotion he transfers to his work and his audience.

After the show, we headed out to the tour bus. I had high hopes of getting another autograph, this time with a "Happy Birthday" on it! But the security guards at this venue would have nothing of it. They literally chased our small group of fans to the opposite side of a gate. When we tried to stick around on the sidewalk, they called the cops on us.

The police forced us down the street. But eventally, I guess the cops had more pressing matters to tend to than loyal Pearl Jam devotees in Newark, so they left, and we headed back to the gate. We and our new friends Sirina, Kate and Kathy watched Eddie's hair go by in the window as his tour bus exited the gate.

By then it was 2am. Our new friends took us back to their hotel so we could get a cab from there. Since our flight was at 6, we had only four hours to kill and hoped the airport would be a welcoming place to crash. I just wanted a coffee and a soft chair.

It turns out that a hotel would have been a worthy investment. The airport was about 30 degrees and the rude security guards treated us like we were hobos. But we found a piece of freezing-cold floor and dozed in and out until dawn.

Now that I'm 28, I can officially say that I'm too old for this. Every bone in my body aches today. I hope it's from sleeping on the floor and not a flu, since it's the same cold, awful ache. I just scheduled massages for Andy and me at 5:00 today. Because, this is the funniest part of all:

Tomorrow, my mom and I fly to Montreal to see Eddie Vedder. :)
    Wish us luck. PLEASE!

thats quite a story...i never saw that b4
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    camaros wrote:
    August 7, 2008, Newark, NJ, NJ Performing Arts Center

Set list:
    1 - Walking the Cow
    2 - Trouble
    3 - Don't Be Shy
    4 - Around the Bend
    5 - I Am Mine
    6 - Dead Man
    7 - Sometimes
    8 - I'm Open
    9 - Man of the Hour
    10 - Unthought Known
    11 - Driftin'
    12 - Masters of War
    13 - Setting Forth
    14 - No Ceiling
    15 - Guaranteed
    16 - Far Behind
    17 - Rise
    18 - Small Town
    19 - Goodbye (You're True)
    20 - Soon Forget
    21 - Forever Young
    22 - Porch

1st encore:
    23 - Society
    24 - Throw Your Arms Around Me (w/ Liam Finn), (Q/A)
    25 - Growin' Up
    26 - Lukin
    27 - Let My Love Open the Door
    28 - Arc

2nd encore:
    29 - Hard Sun (w/ Liam Finn)

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Great night.
    unforgetable.
    :D:D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    greggv19greggv19 Posts: 37
    Awesome. 5th row from 10c center.