Options

*** DC Fanviews Here 6/22/2008 ***

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    dsadedsade Posts: 4
    That was such a great show, definately blew 06' out of the water. Whats really a shame is the acoustics in the Verizon Center absolutely suck, they don't do any good for any band in my opinion. Highlight of the night hands down rearviewmirror. Best show i have ever seen, easily top 5 great energy even way up in the 400's
  • Options
    dsadedsade Posts: 4
    milan wrote:
    Just got back home - to Berkhamsted England

Why sell seats in Blocks 400 - I was on ticketmaster at 1 second after opening and had seats allocated within 10 seconds but they were in the 400s. Fucking useless - at least they shouldn't charge the same price for these as for other tickets,

Sound quality was absolutely rubbish. The Utube videos sound better than we heard.

Great set, great energy, great crowd response, bet the bootleg is fantastic but for me a complete waste of a lot of fuckin money.

Thank god we caught the VB show too.

Milan

as someone who was also in the 400's good to see that someone agrees with me on the sound quality, thats not the band's set up, its a really shitty reverb coming off of the roof at the arena. in the middle of the roof, right above the floor there are two vertical walls to make room for the jumbotron, that give off weird sound vibrations because they are not soundproofed properly. The company my mom works for (clark construction) which built the arena, gave a tour a couple years ago and a guy explained it to me while up on the catwalk.

Sound quality aside, still THE best show i have ever seen
  • Options
    dsade wrote:
    as someone who was also in the 400's good to see that someone agrees with me on the sound quality, thats not the band's set up, its a really shitty reverb coming off of the roof at the arena. in the middle of the roof, right above the floor there are two vertical walls to make room for the jumbotron, that give off weird sound vibrations because they are not soundproofed properly. The company my mom works for (clark construction) which built the arena, gave a tour a couple years ago and a guy explained it to me while up on the catwalk.

Sound quality aside, still THE best show i have ever seen

i've sat in the 400s before (not for this concert, i was in 110), and it has the same crappy sound quality. the entire arena is a piece of crap, even for sport games in my opinion. it's too bad they don't go to merriweather or wolf trap. still, like you said, absolutely fantastic show, incredible energy. only complain is there were a lot of repeats from the 06' show, but still it was a terrific night
  • Options
    did anybody else in 10c get worse seats than they expected? there was a lady a couple rows behind me in section 110 who was #149 or something in 10c! that's pretty freaking high on the list, and she was in section 110.

We've been in the club since the early 90's and usually get great seats. I love the fact that we are able to get seats thru the club. The effort that goes into providing that has to be significant.

However, we were somewhat dissapointed with our seats for dc. Was there a change in distribution somehow? We were around row 20 on the floor for Camden in the center. But in DC we were on the side, about 12 rows up.
    Long time listener, first time caller
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    We've been in the club since the early 90's and usually get great seats. I love the fact that we are able to get seats thru the club. The effort that goes into providing that has to be significant.

However, we were somewhat dissapointed with our seats for dc. Was there a change in distribution somehow? We were around row 20 on the floor for Camden in the center. But in DC we were on the side, about 12 rows up.

Sometimes the seats on the side get you closer to the band then being 20 or 30 rows back. I believe that is how the 10C views the seating and the delegation of tickets.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    mt_wrxmt_wrx Posts: 33
    Also have to consider the actual number of 10c members that are showing up at a show. They will impact your seating based on volume.

That said, DC was also one of the only originally scheduled shows that was on a weekend, which opened the door of opportunity for out of town travellers. My wife and I immediately zeroed in on DC for that exact reason... So more people travelling and showing up to a weekend show could definitely have an impact as to where you were sitting.

Been loving the boot for this show. The band is very "on". In fact, its been a long time since I've listened to a boot that didn't have Eddie forgetting/singing the wrong lyrics, or the band with some technical flubs. I knew the band was tight that night, but the boot confirms it. Great show!
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Can't wait to get the CD from this show. It was my 12yr old son's first show and I couldn't've hoped for a better show or group (sect 111) for him to become a man, LOL. Sadly I couldn't get tix for the EV show though I tried madly for over two hours. Hope all the great people we met got tix & have a great time. We will be there in spirit unless by some galactic alignment a kind 10c'er will sell us a set. Sorry the ticketbastard seats sucked. Still keeping the faith in great 10cer's I've met over the years.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    We had way better seats in D.C. than in Camden 1 or 2...
    Section 2, row l....way in the center, I loved it :). It was much better than our seats on the very left or right row 2 or 3 like in Camden!
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    You break laws and pay no fines
    You get yours and then get mine....FUCK THAT!!!

this bootleg = money well spent

happy consumer