Options

*** DC Fanviews Here 6/22/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    me too! we rocked!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    This was my 15th PJ show, and my 8th RVM, plus I've probably listened to about 70 other versions on boots. Listen people: something fucking happened to these guys there. That RVM was through the fucking roof. Sounded like a meshing of 2008 Pearl Jam with 1994 Pearl Jam. I even stopped moving and just stared, my mouth hanging open. BUY THIS BOOT!
  • Options
    sqrlnuts89sqrlnuts89 Posts: 27
    That was my third PJ show, went to VA beach last week, and it blew both previous shows i've been to away.

I was happy to have finally seen Crazy Mary!!!!! I thought the crowd was awesome too. It was simply amazing. Why Go, Black, and All Along the Watchtower were highlights for me, and RVM!!! Wow, RVM was so freaking awesome.

i don't have a bad thing to say about this show. Hope you all felt the same!
    Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
    Were laid spread out before me as her body once did.
    All five horizons revolved around her soul
    As the earth to the sun
    Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn

DC May 06
    VA Beach June 08
    DC June 08
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467
    scw156 wrote:
    section 100 was a little crazy tonight.

I was in section 100 too. Alot of us were jamming tonight. It was really fun. I bought a first-timer with me, and i think he's HOOKED!! Says he can't wait to see them in NY, on Tue.s. Just got home to Jersey, and too tired to write a review, and i have to get up in less then 3 hours. But, i will say the 2nd-half of the show was REALLY GOOD!! GOODNIGHT!!
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    WOW...unfuckingbelievable...i felt something special when i heard evolution as the fourth song...hmmm..interesting...and then small town following it...uh oh...this is gonna be great....then the I trifecta followed by the You trifecta...holy shit...they were on fire tonight....the best PJ show i've been to...that was a truly amazing set list....seriously...and for those who are saying the set list is "average"...hahah....the fact that Ed put in the three I's and You's is enought to make this a kick ass set let alone all of the other gems....this show and set list rocked....

i think they played Watchtower on the fly...Eddie was talking to the people in the front rows where Jake was sitting...and then he went up there....so he either played teh request for him or he knew him?..either way...that kid has an AMAZING story to tell for the rest fo his life....AWESOME....the phone booth was on fire for that kid.....and for the band!

damnit....THIS SHOW should be a dvd.....
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Fun show tonight. Glad I made the trip. Always great to hear Light Years, hail Hail, Grievance and I Got Id. You Are and All Along the Watchtower were a nice a surprise as well. Got to meet up with some friends before the show and make some new ones as well. But at least where I was in 121, the crowd was pretty tame for most of the show - though the crowd as a whole was much better than it was in 2006.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    so if you only heard like 1/3 of evacuation does it count for hearing it live?
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    ah man wow, comeback.....

and an extended comeback....you lucky bastards....

That setlist is just incredible.....

Makes me sick
  • Options
    I forgot to mention/ask: Does anyone else think they spotted Luke Russert on the side of the stage (Stone's side)? I swear there was a guy that looked JUST like him...

yes, we noticed him as well...was having great time, as were we

props to the girl in floor section 3 row 8 who caught one of Matt's drumstick. how the hell someone that short ended up w/ it is beyond me, but nice grab
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Setlist wise-probably the least exciting of the tour. . First encore was great, main set was 'eh' and 2nd encore was 'eh'. .

I actually agree with this, on paper at least.
  • Options
    so someone mentioned a "you" trilogy... what about the "I" trilogy: I'm Open, I Am Mine, I Got Shit

no?

"I"-ntense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black gave me goosebumps! Loved Ed doing the "doot doot doot doo doot doot doooooooo" with the crowd! Already mentioned and "I" agree RVM kicked ass! Previous poster mentioned Luke Russert on Stone's side. I saw someone dancing around, didn't take notice on who it was or looked like but now that it's mentioned it could've been Luke, I know Ed mentioned Tim Russert in Camden so I wouldn't be surprised!
    It was my 13th overall show and I feel anything but unlucky :)
  • Options
    Looks like a great night!
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    How was Ed's voice?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I loved it last night. My husband was bored during the three You's...:D
    I nearly cried during Light Years. He likes their faster stuff like DTE or Corduroy. I Got Shit was amazing....love that song!

It was a nice surprise for me and another fan that they played Black and Come Back. We were discussing those two songs on the phone yesterday. I loved Come Back -- I did not like it on the cd. It was different live. Very soulful. And I don't know why people from this board bash Last Kiss. I think it was cute when they sang it to the people behind the stage last night.

Sadly, we had to leave during crazy mary. We live very far and husband had an 8 a.m. commitment today. Too bad b/c he loves Crazy Mary.
    We heard some of it going up the steps.

I am hurting from dancing plus I climbed up and over two seats. It made my sciatica flare up today.

As for tenclub seats, they were very good. Section 112, row G, number 181xxx. Thanks again 10C for great seats!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    section 100 was a little crazy tonight.

Hey- I was in 100, too! Everyone was having a great time! VERY loud crowd- I couldn't even hear Ed during Black.

Agree w/ the comment about the best RVM ever- loved the jam and the ending!

Really fun show- HTI, Who You Are, U, Come Back & RVM were hi-lights for me! I'll definitely be getting this boot.
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    Great Show, two of my "casual" PJ friends were converted last night, each said it was one of the best shows they have ever seen. Can't wait to drive up to NYC tomorrow morning.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I am getting so excited!!
    Everyone seems to be having an awesome time!
    Glad you guys got a great show!
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    another great show! i was surprised by the crowd energy - MUCH better than DC 06. was happy to hear light years again and hail hail! i've been dying for a hail hail fix. :D agree with everyone that said best version of RVM... the band seemed possessed during that song. and stone on his knees playing all along the watchtower...haha...i've never seen him so enthused! my seats were in the last section on the floor and i had a tall guy in front of me so i couldn't really see and that prevented it from being anywhere close to one of my best shows, but i can see why people loved it so much.
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    I forgot to mention/ask: Does anyone else think they spotted Luke Russert on the side of the stage (Stone's side)? I swear there was a guy that looked JUST like him...

Yep, that was Luke. I watched his dad pretty much every Sunday for about the past 10 years maybe? I had to go over and say a few words. Really nice kid.

What a show. I'm tired and disoriented so can't really come up with the words to describe. Maybe later.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    Incredible experience. I was in section 110, towards the back of the arena, but it gave me a great vantage point for seeing the synergy between the fans on the floor and the band. Amazing. Everyone was just on fire.
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    The setlist was sorta bland, I guess, but it was a crazy good show last night. As someone else said, the whole thing kinda built into a huge ball of energy that made the show a lot better than anyone's criticisms of the setlist might offer. Totally sweet. I took my wife, cousin, and a few friends to sit behind the stage, and we had a fantastic view of the show. The highlights for me were Come Back (our wedding song), and actually watching the front of the band during Last Kiss (which is not my fave song of course, but watching it right in front of you makes it much more fun).

After a depressing move out of Baltimore proper to Towson this week, this show really helped my mood out. See ya at Boston 2.
  • Options
    Jer1Jer1 Posts: 12
    I was at Camden on Friday, and damn, after seeing that setlist, I wish I could have been in Washington last night instead---lucky bastards!
  • Options
    heathr911heathr911 Posts: 2
    section 100 here too!! i had an amazing fucking time!

ME TOO!!!! YEAH we rocked...hope you all weren't the drunks sitting behind me though. ANNOYING!!!! ;-)

Pearl Jam is one of the best bands to see in concert. I love them. Have been a fan since day one and never get tired of seeing them in concert. Last night, no exception!

Awesome show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    Great show!!! Bonnaroo was my first show and it was "epic" this one was right there as well, i'll call this one "great" :-) I did like the B'roo set list better. I was worried being a Sunday night that the crowd might not be into it but the whole place was rockin. I was in Section 101 and we were going the whole show. Great seats 10C!!! These guys are really en fuego this tour, they seem totally into it and really putting on great shows. Loved "Light Years" and as mentioned "RVM" was sick!!!

Anyone else see Ed do the "Into the Wild" pose during the first encore? Also nice to see him drinking water and what looked like Gatorade for a change (although he did have a few slugs of wine as well)!

I guess I'm now spoiled, having seen these 2 shows!!! Wow!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    My fourth show-- UNBELIEVEABLE!!

I never made a list of 'songs I haven't seen but really want to'-- but I got a lot of them: Black, Light Years, Who You Are, YL, I am Mine

Every time I go there's a song I never liked much on recording that totally blows me away live, this time it was: I Got Sh*t! Amazing!

Who You Are blew me away, I loved the reworking!

BLACK for me was absolutely gorgeous-- I wondered if it could fall flat live, but quite the opposite last night-- the crowd sing a long was so loud, Ed sounded great, Mike's solo was blisteringly beautiful, and the tag, We Belong Together, was very moving

As has been said, RVM (my third) was totally mind blowing!

My husband also noted Luke Russert on Stone's side

Is Mike always that interactive with the crowd? I hadn't noticed that at my previous shows

Ed too, really so much with the crowd and for the crowd, talking with the folks in front of him (including asking Jake if he wanted to come up-- so cute!!), kept saying how blown away he was by the crowd last night!!

Bring on MSG!!
  • Options
    Hold OnHold On Posts: 80
    Thanks for an AMAZING show. Thanks for the great seats. Thought that with a high 10 club number I would get crappy seats far back on the floor, but instead was on the side (Section 101) in row A, and it worked perfectly, so my girlfriend (who is about 5 foot 2 inches) could see over everyone's head. The main setlist was excellent, but not quite as good as I had hoped. The "You" trilogy was interesting, and there were some of my favorites, including I Got Sh*t and Severed Hand, plus some rarities like "I'm Open" and "Light Years". I was a bit sad that they had to stop "Evacuation" early.

The Encores were INCREDIBLE and really made the show into something special. They finished the main set at 10:05, so I figured they had about an hour to do the encores, but the encores lasted a full 90 minutes!! I taped Mike's solo on Black and have played it back about 5 times now. It is THE BEST Black solo I've ever seen or heard on any live bootleg. It was absolutely SICK. RVM was incredibly tight too. Sometimes I don't like RVM because they drag the song out too much in the middle, but not tonight. It was PERFECT.

The second setlist was great too. The best thing was that they hit the 11:00 curfew during Last Kiss, so I figured they would have to wrap it up quickly, but I was very wrong. When they started "Crazy Mary" it was well after 11:00, so I pretty much knew that the bend was saying "F*ck the curfew" because I know Crazy Mary is never the last or even second to last song. Verizon Center finally turned the houselights on at the start of Watchtower, basically signaling the band to end the show, but they went right on and played Watchtower and Ledbetter with the lights on, including the National Anthem tag (Mike actually played the Full National Anthem, not an abbreviated version).

The crowd was also incredible. I was at PJ's last show at Verizon in 06, and I don't remember the crowd being so crazy. Pearl Jam's fans are RABID, and I love it!! Can't wait for the bootleg.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Awakening from a draining night in DC, and in need of a well rested day off I has a blast last night with everyone at grand slam. MSG is right around the corner and look forward to jamming with everyone again at the pre party. Big shouts to Solat 13, Jeninthbx, JDSAL, My2 hands, Sawyer, Nixon, FoxyMop(Nice carbomb by the way ) , blackngold, anyone else who was there with us rockin out with us, and the band for putting on another stellar performance. My apologies to the two girls sitting behind me with the " all encompassing trip " foot tattoo ( you know who you are ) . I lost you at the show and was too intoxicated to search the venue for you, I did want to hang out after the show but maybe it wasnt meant to be last night . Well just have to find each other again in NYC, lol. Hope all is well and maybe our paths will cross again. Last night the yards of sam adams summer brew were flowing and the irish car bombs/jagerbombs were bombin' . Thanks again Foxymop for endulging. As for the show, I thought the setlist was awesome : highlights were light years again, H2I, watchtower ( 1st ) , I got shit. Last Kiss Sux IMO but hey, some people are into that who am I to say. The REAL party will be in NYC!!!!!! See Yall There!!!!

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am getting so excited!!
    Everyone seems to be having an awesome time!
    Glad you guys got a great show!
    :)

it was awesome!!!!!!
  • Options
    JzacurJzacur Posts: 64
    Absolutely amazing show last night. The setlist doesn't speak to how awesome this show was yesterday. I still can't believe it. It has been posted before but this verision of RVM was insane, by far the best verision I have seen. Hearing the three "you"s esp U was amazing.

For having a crappy number sitting in section 110 row A was amazing. I'm happy to be going to one more show (hartford) I cannot wait.
    9/28/05 PNC Park Pittsburgh- 6/23/06 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh- 8/02/07 The Vic- 8/05/07- Lollapalooza 6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    This was my 15th PJ show, and my 8th RVM, plus I've probably listened to about 70 other versions on boots. Listen people: something fucking happened to these guys there. That RVM was through the fucking roof. Sounded like a meshing of 2008 Pearl Jam with 1994 Pearl Jam. I even stopped moving and just stared, my mouth hanging open. BUY THIS BOOT!

my husband mentioned this during the song too - it has become one of their best live songs in my opinion - & a crowd favorite.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)