Options

**Saskatoon Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    Man, all this sounds so freakin' awesome. I'm getting so excited for the St. John's show.

Hey, anybody got a pic of the Saskatoon poster for me?
    Visit my Blog : Understanding Eli
    http://eliharris.blogspot.com

>>St. John's, Newfoundland, 09/24/05 & 09/25/05<<
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    r3s3t wrote:
    Well, as everyone previously has said .. Pearl Jam absolutely destroyed Credit Union Centre.

Since I'm not disagreeing with much from above, I'll just add stuff that I don't think has been mentioned:

- Supersuckers having every single member of their band play the bass guitar, too cool. Even the drummer getting into the act, drumming and strumming while the Eddie Spaghetti held the chords.

- Eddie saying that Saskatoon "has a magical name .. Saskatoon" and then going about saying how "when I heard it I thought we'd be playing a campfire" .. which I thought completely set the tone for many songs to come. I didn't notice it in the setlist, but "Elderly Woman behind the counter in a small town" was played and definitely a highlight as well.

- I could be mistaken, but I think they played a Temple of the Dog track "Times of Trouble". When it started off with it's characteristic riff, me and a friend were so stoked we couldn't believe it, and started singing "When the needle's hot" and then we realized the lyrics were different! Anyone that could provide a heads-up, thanks in advance.

- "Glorified G" & "Off he goes" were definitely highlights.

- "Runnin' back to Saskatoon"/"New Mother Nature" with the revised lyrics about the President was too amazing, even though they only went about halfway through.

- I'm not sure if being on the floor had anything to do with it, but I was in Section U and about 8th row, and looking around I noticed a shitload of people getting into it. I was belting out the lyrics myself to most songs, and I could hear a ton of people doing the same. I think Saskatoon showed up in fine form and it should make for a great boot. It sure looked like Eddie and the bunch were truly feeding off the crowd, and were there to play their asses off for us! That's what I liked to see!
    I'd love to see the video footage!

Stone's riff as you know it from Times of Trouble was also used for a PJ song back then, too. It's called Footsteps.
  • Options
    I was way in the back, upper deck. It was almost as if people around us were afraid to stand up, yell, clap, or do anything. Like being in the freekin' library. Really wish we could've gotten on the floor. It looked awesome from where we were.

And yeah, people started leaving early. Or getting food. Or drinks... WTF????
  • Options
    If anyone else at the show wants to trade pics, i've got a few decent ones taken with a pretty good qual. dig camera. Big screw up though and we forgot to charge the batteries before so only about 1/2 dozen pics turned out from the first 3/4 of the show.

Hi... I don't have any pics to trade, but would like a look at what you've got. I should have tried to sneak in my camera, I didn't think security was going to be so easy going, especially after the body search at the door. Email me at ontheverve@hotmail.com if you're willing to share.

Anyone else with pics is welcome to email me as well!
  • Options
    I had great seats for the S'toon show last night and all I can say is WOW! It met all my expectations and then some! PJ treated us to a fantastis show and surprised us with Present Tense,Whipping,Footsteps,Release,Glorified G and yes, after a quick backstage trip came back out with The Guess Who's Runnin' Back To Saskatoon. The show was both explosive and intimate at the same time. Mike McCready was having a great time interacting with the audience,tossing picks out with snipers accuracy and even trading shirts with someone in the front row(shit you not!) Eddie,Matt,Jeff,Stone and Mr.McCready truly enjoy what they do and gave us fans a gift last night.All the best to them,they set an example to all in the music industry and all of humanity.Thanks guys. After seeing the Tragically Hip last fall and Pearl Jam last night I'm confident I have been fortunate enough to experience the two greatest bands in the world in a live and interactive environment and am richer for the experience. Get ready Winnipeg!!!
  • Options
    anyone know where to find the tenclub photos of this show...
  • Options
    This is the Saskatoon Poster

http://home.comcast.net/~tmgeary/saskatoon05.gif

I found pics of this show when I downloaded the boot
  • Options
    what covers will we get in Winnipeg tonight...with the Guess Who and Neil Young being from here could be a good one....

I thought Neil Young was from Toronto...
  • Options
    I thought only Corduroy & Save You were filmed for a Hurricane relief thing, not the whole show.
  • Options
    joseppi wrote:
    I thought Neil Young was from Toronto...

Neil was born in Toronto, but moved to the Peg when he was in his teens or possibly a bit younger.
  • Options
    gsdfhsfgsfhsdfhdf
    Columbus 03/Cleveland 06 BABY!
  • Options
    have any of you noticed that they're not playing as many songs as they did during the 2003 tour shows? They played 30+ at most of the shows...
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    Whipping/I Got Shit/Footsteps/Present Tense were the highlights for me. These guys brought out the guns to wake the crowd. It was like the band was glowing once the hand sitters got up.

Ed was is good spirits and the whole band was on. This was my first show, and I was kinda worried my 12 year build up would create to high of expectations. No way, the energy they brought was incredible. You can actually feel the sincerity of artists that love what they do. I saw Metallica 6 months ago and it was like they collected the gate and then were forced to play.

The venue sucks for concerts. I was up on the upper level sec 1. The treble was huge and the bass was nowhere. Great acoustics if your listening to people skate. I headed down to the 8th row half way through Corduroy. (10 empty seats)

May the above explains why the uppers were zombies. Also, alot of the crowd around me were radio listeners (got up for the singles)

Great Show... I need more. Cheers
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:
    Stone's riff as you know it from Times of Trouble was also used for a PJ song back then, too. It's called Footsteps.

stoked! glad to know i'm still learning new things :P

can anyone confirm Elderly Woman behind the Counter in a Small Town?
  • Options
    First off, at 32 I am way too old to write a gushing fan letter but...

Saskatoon was my first ever PJ show and 24hrs later I am still somewhat unable to comprehend all that I saw and heard. Pearl Jam has been the soundtrack of my adult life. I am able to place where I was and what was going on in my life with each of their albums whether it was drunk and rowdy in university when ten came out or the birth of my son coinciding with Yield. There music has and continues to mean a great deal to me. So I was pretty ready for the show.

I was concerned that the band would simply turn in a solid professional as Saskatoon wasn't a sellout (?) and the crowd seemed timid at first and most (myself included would never have known the difference). But they didn't care and played with amazing energy and seemed to drag the crowd into the show. I can not thank the band enough for this. Quite simple they ROCKED. I was in the 10th row (Stone side) and spent the whole show in disbelief of how great my seats were and the fact that Pearl Jam was in Saskatoon.

Mike McCready is all he was hyped to be I had a hard time not watching him, the guitar behind the head in Even Flow was sweet. Stone with his businesslike efficency was awesome. Towards the end of the first set, as the wine began to set in, Eddie got going and seemed to almost will the crowd to life as if they feared disappointing someone who was clearly putting so much into the show. The Encores were amazing, Glorified G, Whipping, Daughter were great but Porch was over the top with Ed going nuts. The Second Encore was a great with the band stumbling through running back to Saskatoon. Last Kiss was a nice touch and Alive was great and satisfied the casual fan. Free World was a great way to end the show. It was so awesome I can't even describe it properly. My best friend flew in from Vancouver for the show, spent 11 hrs and flew back at 5 in the morning and is still working as I write this. Thats dedication.

Anyway I can't thank the band enough for a hell of a show. I feel like someone exposed to a new powerful drug. My boss will be chocked when I quit my job and follow the band cross country and to South America (as will my wife) but what ya goina do? ;-)

Long Time Listener First Time User. Buckle up rest of Canada it may be a bumpy ride.
    Pearl Jam came to Saskatoon? Still can't believe it
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Pearl Jam is the world's greatest band.
  • Options
    JoelJoel Posts: 1
    How did the guess who cover sound, is it worth getting the bootleg, how long was it? Very interested to say the least.
    "stargazer you call the shots"

Kitchener 9/11/05
    London 9/12/05
    Hamilton 9/13/05
  • Options
    Porch has rocked at all the shows I have been to, but in Saskatoon the opening lines and how they did them sounded damn good!!!
  • Options
    but unfortunatly there were crickets in the background...
    What the fuck are you talking about? Are you sane? It might not have been as loud as Calgary but your talking about a venue that hosts 20,000 compared to 10,000. Crickets? Look in your pants man Sask was loud and great.
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:

footsteps came first tho
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Options
    I was surprised how quiet the crowd is on the bootleg. It felt quite loud from where I was standing.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Anyone know the actual attendance number? Was it almost full??
  • Options
    I was surprised how quiet the crowd is on the bootleg. It felt quite loud from where I was standing.

Sounded loud on evenflow!!!
  • Options
    My sixth show since 2000...and the best yet.

yes...I was concerned going in when I saw a ton of empty seats in the upper levels but being a smaller venue, I knew that it wouldn't take much to get it rocking...

in the third row...there was no shortage of deafening appreciation for this band as you couldn't help but be pulled in by the their pure and obvious enjoyment on stage

maybe it was the wine...but ed was as freelance as I have ever seen him since the days of climbing the stage rafters back in the day! jumping, spinning, running, power sliding across the stage, flinging his mic and stand, climbing up on the front row barricade leaning into the dead center crowd and screaming the lyrics of porch then allowing the security guards to throw him back on stage...are you kidding me? and it was even cooler when he was resting...when he wasn't leaning up against the amps staring in awe at the other members of the band he was out on the risers talking to the fans about the signs they had!!! (sean had his IN HIDING sign and what do you know...see the Winnepeg set list...way to go man, way to go Ed.).

It really felt almost like a club show by the encores, new setlists were constantly being stuck on the floor and even then, the guys converged in the middle of the stage and agreed on new selections mid set...one of those was...my favorite song of all time FOOTSTEPS! Finally played in my presence...I wish I could rewind and take it all in again cause its really just a blur now. Maybe thats because I had some sort of brain hemmorage when I heard the opening to Present Tense (my bro's fave, who was also in attendance). Then...add on my wife's favorite...Off he goes. Tough to top that...

ohh wait, maybe you can! First ever cover of Runnin back to Saskatoon! and watching them as they decided to stay out for "the worlds national anthem" RITFW!!!

definately cant top that....oh wait, my bro caught one of Matt's drumsticks! Now it can't be topped...or can it??!!

...my wife caught one too!

i am sure they will continue to rise to new heights as this tour continues but to those who were there (especially down close to the stage)...like i said...this is the best I have seen yet.
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • Options
    Pearl Jam tore the roof off.

NOTES:

1. The top bowl seats that everyone has been commenting on. They are obstructed by the Score Clock in the center of the rink. THOSE SEATS WERE NOT SOLD BECAUSE OF OBSTRUCTED VIEWS, (you can't see the stage through the clock)

2. Calgary and Edmonton's crowd would be louder, they had over 5000 people more at each show.

3. The band was incredible, they had us on our feet for the whole time. But honestly, I wasen't like the other people watchers, I was there to watch Pearl Jam, not my watch, not the crowd, or the empty seats.

This concert was epic, the RITFW cover, the Guess Who cover, even the Supersuckers, from start to finish it was the best concert experience of my life.

Canada Rocks, and Pearl Jam Rocks
  • Options
    good point about the obstructed view seats. Man your right about it being the best concert I have EVER seen
  • Options
    r3s3t wrote:
    Well, as everyone previously has said .. Pearl Jam absolutely destroyed Credit Union Centre.

Since I'm not disagreeing with much from above, I'll just add stuff that I don't think has been mentioned:

- Supersuckers having every single member of their band play the bass guitar, too cool. Even the drummer getting into the act, drumming and strumming while the Eddie Spaghetti held the chords.

- Eddie saying that Saskatoon "has a magical name .. Saskatoon" and then going about saying how "when I heard it I thought we'd be playing a campfire" .. which I thought completely set the tone for many songs to come. I didn't notice it in the setlist, but "Elderly Woman behind the counter in a small town" was played and definitely a highlight as well.

- I could be mistaken, but I think they played a Temple of the Dog track "Times of Trouble". When it started off with it's characteristic riff, me and a friend were so stoked we couldn't believe it, and started singing "When the needle's hot" and then we realized the lyrics were different! Anyone that could provide a heads-up, thanks in advance.

- "Glorified G" & "Off he goes" were definitely highlights.

- "Runnin' back to Saskatoon"/"New Mother Nature" with the revised lyrics about the President was too amazing, even though they only went about halfway through.

- I'm not sure if being on the floor had anything to do with it, but I was in Section U and about 8th row, and looking around I noticed a shitload of people getting into it. I was belting out the lyrics myself to most songs, and I could hear a ton of people doing the same. I think Saskatoon showed up in fine form and it should make for a great boot. It sure looked like Eddie and the bunch were truly feeding off the crowd, and were there to play their asses off for us! That's what I liked to see!
    I'd love to see the video footage!

Yah, that was awesome when the Supersuckers passed around the bass. I was shocked by how many people missed the openeing act, they did an awesome job.

PJ did play a Temple of the Dog tune, it was near the end.

We were sitting on the floor and were totally into it. I stood on my chair most of the night and everyone around or in front of us was singing and dancing to most of the songs.

I thought it was an awesome show, the best I"ve been to. Eddie was right into the show and was having a blast.
  • Options
    SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    was it rearview mirror where everything faded to black for like a second and then they rocked out.

And I can't remember which song it was but during the solo ed laid down right by the amps on the front of the stage and It looked like where i was sitting he hugged someone, can someone confirm this?

and the toasts to all the different sections from ed was awesome to!
  • Options
    Good to see this show getting a tonne of love...I didnt realize that about the seats in the back..makes sense now...it was an awesome show that is for sure...cannot do much to top that....the more I think of this show the better it gets....excellant to see all the love...GREAT SHOW PJ THANKS FOR ALLOWING MY BEST SHOW TO COME AT THE END OF MY FOUR AND IN MY HOMETOWN....
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:
    was it rearview mirror where everything faded to black for like a second and then they rocked out.

And I can't remember which song it was but during the solo ed laid down right by the amps on the front of the stage and It looked like where i was sitting he hugged someone, can someone confirm this?

and the toasts to all the different sections from ed was awesome to!

Yes it was RVM when the lights went down and they rocked out....and I believe he was passing something to fans in the front row....