Options

**Saskatoon Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,937
edited October 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
Did you see the show?

Set list: Release, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Animal, Insignificance, Green Disease, Even Flow, Present Tense, I Am Mine, State Of Love and Trust, Small Town,
I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Glorified G, Whipping, Daughter, Off He Goes, Footsteps, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Porch (Ed jumps onto top of barricade)
2nd Encore: Running Back To Saskatoon (by The Guess Who), Last Kiss (by Frank Wilson), Alive, Rocking In the Free World.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sea wrote:
    Did you see the show?

Set list (confirmation pending): Release, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Animal, Insignificance, Green Disease, Even Flow, Present Tense, I Am Mine, State Of Love and Trust, Small Town,
    I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Glorified G, Whipping, Daughter, Off He Goes, Footsteps, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Porch (Ed jumps onto top of barricade)
    2nd Encore: Running Back To Saskatoon (by The Guess Who), Last Kiss (by Frank Wilson), Alive, Rocking In the Free World.

Damn that looks like it was a good night.....anyone have some details?? I`m a bit surprised that Glorified G was played.....
    MORE BARN!!!!!
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    Good call on the person who predicted the Guess Who song in an earlier thread!
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    present tense an i got shit. lucky bastards. great setlist. what did ed do during porch?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    FuBaRFuBaR Posts: 35
    Pappas wrote:
    present tense an i got shit. lucky bastards. great setlist. what did ed do during porch?
    yeah thats what i was wondering too???
  • Options
    Wow, the setlists for all these shows have been great. A very impressive tour so far.

Very cool of them throw in a Guess Who cover as well.
    10/5/2000 - Toronto
    ***Soon to add***
    9/24/2005 - St. John's
    9/25/2005 - St. John's
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    Pappas wrote:

"Porch (Ed jumps onto top of barricade)"
    what, that wasn't enough description for you? :p
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Good call on the person who predicted the Guess Who song in an earlier thread!

yeah that was months ago too !!!

good show

FOOTSTEPS
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    look at that setlist! That's one I'd like to have been at.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I believe it was two days ago when I said "Pearl Jam should play Running Back to Saskatoon" in Saskatoon. I was disgraced by a number of people for different reasons: because the Guess Who are from Winnipeg, not Saskatoon; because one person didn't think they'd play the song, but could possibly tag it.

Thanks to the person who said good call, though I'm certainly not the only person who said this (to themselves, at least) and may not be the person he/she is referring to, though I probably am.
    TBT, Dynamite.
  • Options
    what covers will we get in Winnipeg tonight...with the Guess Who and Neil Young being from here could be a good one....
    Minneapolis 98,tampa 00, Fargo St Paul 03,Winnipeg Thunder Bay 05,Chicago Denver 06
  • Options
    Lyrics to the Guess Who song if anyone's interested:

I been hangin' around gas stations
    I been learnin' 'bout tires
    I been talkin' to grease monkeys
    I been workin' on cars

Moose Jaw saw a few, Moosomin too
    Runnin' back to Saskatoon
    Red Deer, Terrace and a Medicine Hat
    Sing another prairie tune

I been hangin' around libraries
    I been learnin' 'bout books
    I been talkin' to playwriters
    I been workin' on words, phrases

I been hangin' around hospitals
    I been learnin' 'bout dyin'
    I been talkin' to heart doctors
    I been workin' on disease

This tune is home grown
    Don't come from Hong Kong
    This tune is home grown

I been hangin' around grain elevators
    I been learnin' 'bout food
    I been talkin' to soil farmers
    I been workin' on land

I been hangin' around camera stores
    I been learnin' 'bout sight
    I been talkin' to film makers
    I been workin' on eyes

This tune is home grown
    This tune is home grown
  • Options
    I apologize in advance for the length of this post...
    I saw the show in Saskatoon last night. Drove all the way from Swift Current (2.5 hours) in order to see it, and I can honestly say it was worth getting back home at 3 AM in order to work today.

Set 1 started out loud and fast. Vedder mentioned that the show was being filmed for a fundraiser to help out the victims of Katrina. Powered through the first 5(? I'm still REALLY tired!) songs. Once cameras turned off, Eddie talks a bit about politics, and how it took Bush 4 days to finally cancel his holiday in order to deal with the destruction. Also says that as far as Pearl Jam are concerned, he can just stay on holiday. Not much talking after that, basically power through the rest of the set.

Set 2 was where it got REALLY good. More crowd interaction, EVERYONE singing along to Daughter, etc. Started calling those songs "Campfire songs". Jumping the barricade? Asks if he can come visit, then climbs it. Being held up by fans, doing crowd interaction singing (aka follow along, he makes a noise, we copy, etc.) I think the crowd threw him back onto the stage... I was way in the back, can't be sure ;). Huge ending on the song, wave goodbye, head to the back. To prep for set 3, and one of the surprises of the night.

Set 3 starts... I had thought to myself how cool would it be if they did "Running back to Saskatoon". You know, 'cause they're in Saskatoon and all that. They did. I got goosebumps. COOL!!!! Eddie apologized for taking so long... "We had to learn a new song, sorry about the wait." Asks if we want another campfire song, Last Kiss. Everyone goes nuts for the opening chords of "Alive" (one of my personal favourites!). I think there might have been something else played after Alive, but I'm not too sure (see really tired comment above). Anyways, they exit the stage, some people start filing out, and then Pearl Jam comes back. Eddie says "We can't leave without the Canadian anthem", and then proceed to bring down the house with "Rocking In the Free World".

All in all, one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Now that I've seen Pearl Jam, I can die a happy man. I'm sorry if I've left anything out... like I said, I'm really tired at the moment.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I want Fanviews now. Who went to the show? What happened during Porch? How was the show.....
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Excellent.. great set! I might order this boot...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im listening to the boot at work now. Its a good show.
  • Options
    God, was going to try and refrain from buying more boots...but that's one of the best setlists ive ever seen...how can i say no?
    "All i want is for you to make love to me...that's just in the song, i don't mean it" Eddie (14-7-93)
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    so this show was filmed and will be released? Holy shit!!!!!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    poster...what does it look like???

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    K I was sure London would be the best show of the tour cause of the 9 second sellout. But after seeing that setlist that sounds like its gonna take the cake. To gonnar_Sk, that review gave me chills. That sounds incredible. Never forget man!!!!
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    KCUF ME is back :)

lmao :D:D
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • Options
    Ive finished listening to disc 1.
    this is a great show... a real throwback.

These guys are throwing it down this tour and so are the fans.
  • Options
    goonar_sk wrote:
    Jumping the barricade? Asks if he can come visit, then climbs it. Being held up by fans, doing crowd interaction singing (aka follow along, he makes a noise, we copy, etc.) I think the crowd threw him back onto the stage... I was way in the back, can't be sure .

Ed's crowd-surfing again??????? Holy crap.
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    Okay here goes incredible I was 7th row dead center on the floor....fucking fantastic....Release was incredible as always...crowd wass shy for some of the show...excpet the floor...then he said Corduroy was being filmed and everyone in attendance would be on a film for a charity thing with New Orleanns (may of said first couple songs)...highlgihts include a very drunk Ed...who I seen smoking (thought he quit)...said he thought Saskatoon was a sort of a campfire cookout or something...kinda of funny...highlight was I Got Shit/SOLAT/Footsteps (which looked to be discussed before playing)....Green Disease was incredible...but Porch was fucking amazing...Ed after some music for a dew minutes asks the crowd "Is it Safe"...then he jumps off the stage...stands on the first row barricade held up by fans/security and leads this HUGE And LOUD chant with everyone pumping there arms in the air (like Alive sort of)then he just belts out the final chorus from in the crowd and the place is going ballistic....then he does a little free-fall backwards into arms of people behind him...he was 7 ft right in front of me....fantastic show....good job S'Toon....Off He Goes was done pretty much without any flaws....and running Back to Saskatoon was very cool to see..

Also Ed came out in a mask and sang I Believe In Miracles with the Supersuckers....so my four concert tour is done....everything was great and this show was PERFECT to finish it off...fuck I forgeot Present Tense/Glorified G/Whipping one of the best set-lists I have seen in awhile...great show....
  • Options
    haha, thats so awesome that they played running back to saskatoon,
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • Options
    Great setlist, damn i'm gonna die waiting for these shows...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    haha, thats so awesome that they played running back to saskatoon,

It's almost hard to believe that that actually happened.
    TBT, Dynamite.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Ed jumps into the crowd again during Porch, just like Pinkpop 02'...awesome
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Okay here goes incredible I was 7th row dead center on the floor....fucking fantastic....Release was incredible as always...crowd wass shy for some of the show...excpet the floor...then he said Corduroy was being filmed and everyone in attendance would be on a film for a charity thing with New Orleanns (may of said first couple songs)...highlgihts include a very drunk Ed...who I seen smoking (thought he quit)...said he thought Saskatoon was a sort of a campfire cookout or something...kinda of funny...highlight was I Got Shit/SOLAT/Footsteps (which looked to be discussed before playing)....Green Disease was incredible...but Porch was fucking amazing...Ed after some music for a dew minutes asks the crowd "Is it Safe"...then he jumps off the stage...stands on the first row barricade held up by fans/security and leads this HUGE And LOUD chant with everyone pumping there arms in the air (like Alive sort of)then he just belts out the final chorus from in the crowd and the place is going ballistic....then he does a little free-fall backwards into arms of people behind him...he was 7 ft right in front of me....fantastic show....good job S'Toon....Off He Goes was done pretty much without any flaws....and running Back to Saskatoon was very cool to see..

Also Ed came out in a mask and sang I Believe In Miracles with the Supersuckers....so my four concert tour is done....everything was great and this show was PERFECT to finish it off...fuck I forgeot Present Tense/Glorified G/Whipping one of the best set-lists I have seen in awhile...great show....
    Great review....thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    I think its awesome that Saskatoon got such a good show, at least from whats been posted, they always get screwed on tours...no Green Day, No Foo Fighters...and System and NIN are both by passing on thirer way to or from Alberta.

The storm is coming Winterpeg, are you ready?
  • Options
    I agree. I can't believe it actually. I'm going to buy the boot and if it's not on the boot then I'm going to deduce that we are being lied to and I'm going to sue a number of people including yourself. Then we shall see who is the Property of The Law.

Its on the boot.