Options

*** Leeds Festival Fanviews here 25/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    SarahGSarahG Posts: 11
    Hey, are you the guy me and my husband got speaking to in the hotel, your girlfriend got kicked in the back?
  • Options
    SarahG wrote:
    Hey, are you the guy me and my husband got speaking to in the hotel, your girlfriend got kicked in the back?

Hi that was me, your fella was there for Slayer.

Awsome show, could do with trying to get hold of a copy either CD or DVD. There will be something doing the rounds soon from either show (ebay?) I would imagine and the BBC will have recorded the whole thing (please, please, please....).

Good to hear from you anyway, lets hope its not another 6 years ;@)
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    SarahGSarahG Posts: 11
    Did you watch the Reading show, awesome but think the set for Leeds was better. Have you checked out the bootlegs? Hope your girlfirends ok now.
  • Options
    SarahG wrote:
    Did you watch the Reading show, awesome but think the set for Leeds was better. Have you checked out the bootlegs? Hope your girlfirends ok now.

No, not yet. I taped the whole BBC3 thing Sunday night and the highlights show so heres hoping.

I think she will be ok, just a bit shook up at the amount of wasted people pogo-ing around her. Thanks.

First reply I have had on the message boards, cheers.
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    I was about 4 deep on Mikes side with my wife and sister.

Thanks for the great detail. I loved being able to watch the show on the web, but the director did a terrible job of keeping the shot on the right person. Stone and Boom rarely got a shot.

Cheers.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Got home late yesterday and am now at work and so don't want to be here, I managed to get right to the front on the ricgt side and stayed there the whole time, I now have very bruised ribs and hips, man was it worth it though. I was just so happy to be there.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Was at both the Dublin show and the Leeds show.

Dublin was great, good set list and some awesome performances. Better man was sublime. Can understand the whole "oh no, not the Boys Are Back In Town" from us Irish fans as it is a bit steretypical track for bands visiting here to play - a bit of rory gallagher might have been better! But overall it was good energy during it.
    Pity the venue turned the lights on just after 11, due to curvew thingy - as I think the band may have came back for more tunes! But playing Fuckin Up with the lights on inside was something to behold!

Then off to Leeds - with the view that outdoor gigs arent as good as indoor, just hope the boys put on a good show!
    But oh my! Leeds was twice as good as Dublin!! Superb set! Awesome song selection (i just need to see crown of thorns live though - reading are lucky buggers!!!) By far and away the tightest, most on form and rocking band ever to grave a festival - of course im bias!
    Mate went who had only ever heard Alive and isnt really into rock music that much - he went home saying they were awesome!

Thank you Pearl Jam - I had never seen you before then I get you twice in 3 days!!!! Xmas has indeed come early!

Cant wait for the Leeds boot!
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    nukeboot wrote:
    Thanks for the great detail. I loved being able to watch the show on the web, but the director did a terrible job of keeping the shot on the right person. Stone and Boom rarely got a shot.

Cheers.

My pleasure :)

For those of you who didn't see the Mike interview with Zane Lowe just before they went on at Reading he discussed the second barrier and how it was PJ who requested it as part of their requirements to play. I think that it was a great idea and considering the swell WITH the barrier I hate to think what it could have been like without it...although I'm glad I saw it when Slayer were playing and investigated further or I may have freaked and thought we were denied access to the front section :p
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    was this interview at reading or leeds? any idea where i can find it online?
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Was definitely at Reading.
    Somewhere in here is a link to the interview only. I'll see if I can locate it

[Edit: Found it! - http://www.sendspace.com/file/0lr9v3 ]

(look towards bottom of page for: Download Link: mike interview.divx
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the Bootleg will be available? I can't wait to hear the show again.
    Manchester 4/6/2000

and then wait 6 years...

Leeds 25/8/2006
    Paris 11/9/2006
    Wembley 18/6/2007
    Check out the Wembley Blog here - http://pjwembley.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    I'm really hoping they'll put up all 3 at once (Dublin, Leeds and Reading) :D

Desperately need Leeds though. I'm still buzzing from it and don't want to come back down
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    awesome, thank you! it's downloading now :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Still got close to where we were but I missed Eddie running the barrier (arse!!!)

Unless you were in the very front row, I don't think anyone got to see him running along there - LOL :) I was jumping up to see if I could see him, then it got shown on the big screen...
    O gifted men, vainglorious for first place,
    how short a time the laurel crown stays green

A breath of wind is all there is to fame
    here upon earth: it blows this way and that,
    and when it changes quarter it changes name.
    -Dante
    Dublin 23/08/2006
    Leeds 25/08/2006
  • Options
    I've only seen PJ twice before, at Finsbury Park in '93 supporting Neil Young and at Dublin in '95 on the NY & PJ Mirror Ball tour. This was well worth the wait and I loved the RITFW finish. Can't fault the set list, driving into the Festival we were hoping for several Ten and Vs tracks, so all in all a superb gig. Hopefully PJ will be back next year for some arena shows.
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    [size=+10] ***FUCKIN AMAZING*** [/size]

thats all I have to say :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Got a few finger points from Mike which kicked ass!

Thats the benefit of being tall at the front i guess:):):):)

wow my 2000th post. how terribly exciting!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    ok, so its taken a while, but here is my belated views..
    friday f'in rocked. like, really rocked. this was only my second pj gig (the first was dublin the wednesday before) but i will now do anything to see them live. i had a weekend leeds tix, and was trying to get to reading for the sunday...but couldnt.

started with go!!!!! then animal!!!!!!! really got me and the missus dancing. we started quite far back, (20rows, level with mike) but ended up 6rows from the front in front of the impecable ed. the set was perfect. all fast numbers, with the exception of black, gtf, which themselves were immense. the band appear to have reached a level of comfort with one another, and this ooozes chemistry.

personal highlights; whipping, insignificance, which i sang along to with a guy(who i called matt cameron circa, 1998), solat!! black really got to my girlfriend, she was near tears during the 'i know someday you'll have a...' part, which in turn made me well up....just call me ed! why go-i love that song, in fact the whole encore was stupendously good. rockin in the free world was an appropriate closer. i 'rocked' to this song with a guy called jeremy, (cool name) who has seen pj three times and they have never played jeremy...quite amusing. (esp, as they played it at reading) he was quite angry!. in hindsight, i wish pj would have come back for a second encore-like reading- eddie so wanted to.
    regardless, this was the second best night of my life-the first being dublin. although i prefered the leeds set, the intimacy at dublin was amazing.

to end, 'pull out, pull out'-funny times.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    but that's ok, I got Porch and RITFW after Inside Job at Dublin, so i aint f*~ckin' complaining!

Right. First, who ever designed the road maps for the directions to the event want shooting. I could have just got on the A1(M) and off at Branham Park instead of the around and through the council estates of Yorkshire route the Meanfiddler site gave us. Oh well!

The day was cool, even without PJ. All those bands, all that sunny weather. Only ten mins of rain during which we watched Slayer whilst the over dressed toffee nosed twats ducked for cover with their tail between their legs. As the SLayer singer said, "are you guys melting?" as yet another load of Arctic Spunkonme fans whined about the rain and left the main stage. (Nothing against the Monkeys, great band, great album, great live show in Liverpool back in January)

Not one for hanging around the stage all day, (we left Gitta and Stian to that job!) we went off to sample the fiver a bowl noodles and fried onions (what a con) and watched Dresden Dolls, Hope of the States and Goldie Lookin CHain in the NME Radio 1 tent. GLC were a lugh as usual. I love the White Stripes a smuch as PJ, but their cover of My Doorbell was a GLC classic...

"Im thinkin about ya missus, I really wanna do her, I really wanna do her!"

Then it was off to main stage. How fucking bad were the rest of the bands, SLayer, Placebo and Taking Back Sunday excepted? My Chemical ROmance?? Fuck right off. Less than Jake? Give me a break.

Eased into the area in front of the stage just before Placebo came on, plenty of room, about 20 rows back, stage right. It filled up steadily during Placebo and the break before PJ, and then it became a crush with all the drunken skinhead tattooed "hooligan" element. Oh sorry, that was me, minus the drunken part! Speaking of which, anyone else think the place was a fucking tip? By 6pm we were ankle deep in food trays and beer cups. Hate to have been there for the weekend!
    As in Dublin, the sight of drunken revelling almost pushed me back to the old demon drink, but I refrained, and at about 1030, when the boys burst into Life Wasted, it was exactly 18 months to the minute since my last drink. I raised a flat bottle of coke as a toast!

NO need for me to say anything about the set that hasn't been said above by others. Porch was my highlight. I went mad soon as I heard the slow opening, and got more than a few funny looks from the silly people around me who didnt find a copy of the 95 Red Rocks bootleg...Part timers, waddays know?!?!? Also got a few things shouted towards me when I gave the "BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM" salute.
    "Why ya fuckin' booing?" A few called out. A quick evil glance around shut the dippy twats up.

Found a short cut out of the site by accident, and was home for 2 am. Driving half deaf in the pissing rain was different. Had no complaints about the sound at the event, seemd pretty A ok to me.

Here's to next year! And America, you really don't know what you're missing with the lack of festivals over there. What is there? Coachella? Lollapalooza is back on, but are there any more?

Italia, here I come!
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Registered on here especially just to say how amazing the band played. Probably the greatest show of my life.
    I really wish i took a camera, and although the pictures would only serve for reminiscing the memory, i could have got some grand shots. Instead all i have is a few blurred (because of all the movement) camera phone pictures with no zoom.
    Im a little annoyed Reading got that double encore. Lord knows i waited with hope.

Must try and get a last minute ticket somewhere in Europe now. MUST.
  • Options
    Then it was off to main stage. How fucking bad were the rest of the bands, SLayer, Placebo and Taking Back Sunday excepted? My Chemical ROmance?? Fuck right off. Less than Jake? Give me a break.

Ha. So true.
    I just spent the day in the carling and dance tents thankfully avoiding all the musical mayhem on the main stage until Placebo, to edge forward.

I cant believe they dont play the UK more often.
  • Options
    DRS_PJ1DRS_PJ1 Posts: 39
    burtschips wrote:
    was on the barrier with wash_, AMENt, Dave Brown and Duggro, infront of Mike with fifty thousand people behind !! crazy.... also, We got to the front after placebo and to my left was this tiny kid who was thirteen!! he has got big balls! He lasted half the set then had to be pulled out but again massive respect to him.

Did you see that guy going mental and start throwing punches? He got thrown out and was hailed with "wanker" signs by all!
  • Options
    DRS_PJ1DRS_PJ1 Posts: 39

How could you leave out Bullet For My Valentine?! The worst. Utter turd. You're from Wales, not California, you fucking embarrassing twats!
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Porch was my highlight. I went mad soon as I heard the slow opening, and got more than a few funny looks from the silly people around me who didnt find a copy of the 95 Red Rocks bootleg...Part timers, waddays know?!?!? Also got a few things shouted towards me when I gave the "BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM" salute.
    "Why ya fuckin' booing?" A few called out. A quick evil glance around shut the dippy twats up.

Thats how I felt when every single person went mental around me during Even Flow and Alive....I was like.."where the fuck were you during Green Disease!!" :D
    DRS_PJ1 wrote:
    Did you see that guy going mental and start throwing punches? He got thrown out and was hailed with "wanker" signs by all!

See my earlier post (the guy was right behind me!)
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    anyone else think the place was a fucking tip? By 6pm we were ankle deep in food trays and beer cups. Hate to have been there for the weekend!

Too right - I was thinking the exact same thing whilst trying to find somewhere to sit down that wasnt covered in half eaten noodles (have these people never heard of putting their rubbish in the bin).
    Manchester 4/6/2000

and then wait 6 years...

Leeds 25/8/2006
    Paris 11/9/2006
    Wembley 18/6/2007
    Check out the Wembley Blog here - http://pjwembley.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    The bins I saw were like mini-mountains of rubbish... More stacked on top than the size of the bin itself :D

Luckily we were right in front of the 2nd barrier, so had a backrest, and also somewhere clean to sit down whilst waiting for PJ
  • Options
    I haven't bought a copy of NME for donkeys, saw a carling weekend special, thinking, 'ahh, go on then, relive the weekend'

searched through the specials found a small piece on PJ, saying 'leeds was bored with pearl jam', saying the solos were too long and they were boring up until Alive.....i shouln't expect any more from this rag seeing as they lick the Arctic Monkey's pre-pubescent arses throughout the arcticle.

I thought, 'what a cop-out', didn't seem too boring where i was standing, i have never been so pshyced up through-out a whole gig as i was last friday night. Yeah, 'alive' was special but to just look at that song then say 'yeah, that made their set good' made me fucking angry.and the solo's, i thought this was a 'premier rock festival'?fuck me, just because they dared to play a proper solo....ahh its got me pissed off

so..NME you can take your Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Kooks etc and stick where you live...up your own arses

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    KylixKylix Posts: 1
    Single greatest night of my life - granted, I've only just turned fifteen but still...

I was right near the front barrier, just off to the right of Eddie, almost dead centre and fuck me, was it intense. Now I'm not very tall and I'm a skinny runt so I could hardly breath for half of it and I kept getting my hair pulled out and stuff, but my God was it worth it. Got pulled out about half an hour before the end because my body just couldn't handle it anymore, so I went back round and got to about where I was before but just further back so I had more room.

The encore was mind-blowing, and I was *this* close to crying - I'd waited for years for this show and it did not disappoint.

I'd just like to thank Pearl Jam for inspiring me and making my life so much better.

P.S. I was the long haired kid with the brown truck PJ shirt over the brown stripey long sleeve shirt.
  • Options
    Top set and once again they didn't let me down. Spoke to some friends who did the whole weekend at Reading (they're not PJ fans really) and when i asked em their highlights they all gave me great pleasure saying "surprisingly Pearl Jam". Felt very proud and rightly so. Eddie was on fire as was Mike (great solos that could've gone on till the early hours) ans Matt was his normal fantastic self. Here's to 2012 when they'll probably come back!!!!
  • Options
    Danni CDanni C Posts: 54
    Just read a review in the Yorkshire Evening Post.. not a bad review..rightly said "no - gimmicks rock - forget the trendies that suggest otherwise Pearl Jam still matter"" at least someone appreciates some band other than the f'ing Arctic Monkeys!!

ps - no mention of them (Yorks paper as well)

I am never going to buy the NME again.. I think we should all start a revolutuon against them and their 3 cord worshiping bands!!