Options

*** Leeds Festival Fanviews here 25/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    a rover fuckin hatchback... why didnt you say!!!! I'm in!! :D

yeah man.... i'd love to do what Stian is doing... which is probably caressing his tambourine at this point :P

met Rob and EMs at the airport bar as well... lovely guys... in fact all PJ guys from the board were great... just as i expected.!!

i had fucking tablet with me as well man... we could have rotted our teeth away and sang about the "old country" whilst eating deep-fried tambourines :D

haha hell yeah! i heard about your tablet, mmmmm pure sugary buttery goodness. only us scots would create such a thing

well, a tour will be organised WHEN they announce their UK tour (i'm not using IF's aymore).

cannae wait! still, I've got berlin to wet my appetite til then:):):)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    after you've been to a classic PJ show like that you walk round for the following days with a big grin on your face feeling absolutly COOL AS FUCK! because you were so privaliged to see that set/performance

I WANT TO SAY THANKYOU TO PEARL JAM, PLEASE COME BACK TO LEEDS, YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    PJCloverPJClover Posts: 18
    I got the poster also, defo worth the money. Love how its only got three shows listed on it. Come on Pearl Jam, you really need to do a "proper" UK tour. The crowd was so starved of the Jam, thats why they were pushing forward more than usual.

Did anyone see that yellow rain mac type thing they were selling with the Pearl Jam logo on the front or did I dream it? I almost bought it for the novelty factor alone. Didn't need it for rain, I ended up getting sunburnt?!

Yeah I saw it!!

Guy selling it said "£6 for a bin bag"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still wanted one tho. lol
    London 1996, London 2000, Manchester 2000, Astoria 2006, Leeds 2006
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,892

The wait for the boys to come on was intense - especially for RJB who has never seen them live before. The excitement of the moment was almost ruined by the music they played directly before the boys came on - I don't know about others but to me but playing "Come as you Are" was pretty fucking offensive.

Er, they played a Radiohead track directly before Pearl Jam came on.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Er, they played a Radiohead track directly before Pearl Jam came on.

er yes they did, hows nirvana offensive really?, if kurt was still alive he'd be another axl rose, ahhh lets not get into this argument......Leeds was fucking amazing

I enjoyed tenacious D being played between the bands and the full length version of Grandstand Themetune was cock-on!, nice on Placebo!!!lol

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

• Options
    PJClover wrote:
    Yeah I saw it!!

Guy selling it said "£6 for a bin bag"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still wanted one tho. lol

look out for them on ebay!lol, i paid £18 for the avacado shirt, it was worth it, the missus got one too, i have now converted her! (laughs manically!!)

• Options
    after you've been to a classic PJ show like that you walk round for the following days with a big grin on your face feeling absolutly COOL AS FUCK! because you were so privaliged to see that set/performance

absolutely agree... i dunno what else can i say, it was absolutely awesome gig, for me first time, and i still feel totally out of control!!!! :)
    cant wait for vienna...
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Eddie gave Slayer a shout? Heh, here's something I thought I'd never hear :-P
    It is indeed great though...
    Yeah, Ed said something like 'Thanks to Slayer for getting the crowd ready for us'.
    Slayer were awesome, but Pearl Jam wiped the floor with everyone. I haven't gone that bonkers at a concert since... well probably the last time I saw PJ. I was next to this kid with curly hair and I said to him when they went off for the first encore 'I think they'll be back' and he said' they had better play alive', I went 'they'd better, it's been six years'. When they kicked into it I looked at everyone around me and it was such a awesome feeling. I particularly enjoyed corduroy, because I could spot all the people like me who had listened to bootlegs over and over again and we all just went crazy. It was like a meetup for all these PJ enthusiasts (who I never meet the rest of the time). I remember I was trying to get to the stage in time and just as I got into the crowd the bit from the end of inside job came on and just as they kicked into go, I got to the front. It was metal. Loved it. I did my best to look after people around me. I gave them water and stuff. I think the crowd was really friendly. I had people picking me and checking I was ok when the crowd fell over.
    http://hexjibber.com
    Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Paris 2006, London 2007, Nijmegen 2007
  • Options
    heres the vid of his dream speech

missed the bit at the beginning unfortunately

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tl2ee3
  • Options
    fahad17fahad17 England Posts: 8
    Do i need to say, that was soooooooo good. Stae of Love and Trust, almost died when that stated. During the gig some drunk fat bulkey guy ran into us like 2 heads fom the front, and stated on a girl and then everyone else, eventually got dragged out.
    2006: 20/04 London Astoria; 25/08- Leeds Festival
    2007: 18/06 London Wembley Arena
    2009: 13/08 Rotterdam Ahoy Arena
    2012: 07/07 Stockholm Globe Arena; 09/07 Oslo Spektrum
    2014: 20/06 Milan; 22/06 Trieste; 25/06 Vienna; 29/06 Oslo; 08/07 Leeds
  • Options
    where are the pictures and video's from this concert :)

post them please:)
  • Options
    This was the first time I saw PJ, and I still don’t believe that happened! Amazing show. I flew to UK from Finland and that trip cost me A LOT of money (as will the trip to Berlin next month…) but it was worth it, without doubt.

First I was quite near the front, but then I had to back off a little because of all the crazy Pearl Jam fans; I was simply too short and weak. :) Anyway, I got close enough to the stage and had a great time! Insignificance, Whipping, SOLAT, Severed Hand, It’s OK, Do the Evolution, Hail Hail, Green Disease…awesome. 26 days to Berlin - can’t wait! It would be nice to hear more songs from the last 4 albums there. Although, of course, I will be happy as long as it’s PJ.
    Leeds 25/08/06
    Berlin 23/09/06
    London 18/6/07
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    yeah i was there too right at the front, was singing to every song, i loved wipping that was a fuckin' treat and a half

i was wearing the 'reach' blue t-shirt http://secure.pearljam.com/images/store/products/1120.jpg

and a red white and blue wrist band (like jeff's)

i saw a few jammers there, ill try and upload some pics in the next week
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    fahad17 wrote:
    Do i need to say, that was soooooooo good. Stae of Love and Trust, almost died when that stated. During the gig some drunk fat bulkey guy ran into us like 2 heads fom the front, and stated on a girl and then everyone else, eventually got dragged out.

was it that guy who had greying hair and the blue t-shirt, i was near him, he was a prick, i cant stand drunk people at gigs (well except ed)
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    jimmy pjimmy p Posts: 71
    Got home from Leeds Fest a few hours ago. I'm completely fried. 2 festivals in 10 days. Pearl Jam were awesome, I was at the barrier at the front, my ribs are still hurting.
  • Options
    WillWill Posts: 41
    I was at Leeds getting absolutely crushed on the front row, dead centre - perfect! Thought I was about to die at one point, but managed to free my lungs up for a minute or two. The band were outstanding, the best band of the whole weekend by a long, long way. Rockin' In The Free World was out of this world!
    ... still Alive...
  • Options
    photoguyphotoguy Posts: 22
    Leeds was my first time Pearl Jam gig. Its been a long time comming BUT well worth it I was just BLOWN away!!!

I'm totaly gutted they aint playing more UK shows. I can only hope for more next year.

Here's my photos: http://livephotos.homestead.com/PearlJam25-08-06.html

Enjoy
    :-)
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    photoguy wrote:

Those are great, great pictures.

Some of the best from the tour so far.

Thanks for sharing.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Just saw a review of the entire Leeds festival on the Guardian Unlimited website, and chuckled.............

'..................jagged, passionate songs raising concerns about US foreign policy are too important to be silent. Even though breeze around Eddie Vedder's proudly retained metal locks makes him look like Charles I after a weekend camping, it's a performance rich in gravitas and worthy of its Friday headline status.'
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Just saw a review of the entire Leeds festival on the Guardian Unlimited website, and chuckled.............

'..................jagged, passionate songs raising concerns about US foreign policy are too important to be silent. Even though breeze around Eddie Vedder's proudly retained metal locks makes him look like Charles I after a weekend camping, it's a performance rich in gravitas and worthy of its Friday headline status.'

ahahah laughed so much at that bit :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    photoguy wrote:
    Leeds was my first time Pearl Jam gig. Its been a long time comming BUT well worth it I was just BLOWN away!!!

I'm totaly gutted they aint playing more UK shows. I can only hope for more next year.

Here's my photos: http://livephotos.homestead.com/PearlJam25-08-06.html

Enjoy
    :-)

Excellent photos! Thank you!
  • Options
    Mr PyjamaMr Pyjama Posts: 253
    Phenomenal live performance.

It was also just amazing to be in a place where there are other people who like PJ as much as me...I just got excited seeing people in PJ tshirts all day...the one's from Tenclub, and one's from the Binaural tour.

i almost went erect when i saw the stickman tatoo on a girl in a red top's leg. yikes.
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • Options
    SarahGSarahG Posts: 11
    I'd been waiting since Wembley for this and I wasn't disappointed. The set list was near perfect, I wished Rearviewmirror had been included but everything else was awesome. Eddie was on top form, it was great to see him really getting into it and the whole band putting all they had into a great night. The crowd were fab, everyone around me was as excited as I was and the atmosphere perfect. I've been trying to decide on a new tattoo for ages and after Friday night I am now going for the Alive stick man. Can't wait!
  • Options
    SarahG wrote:
    I'd been waiting since Wembley for this and I wasn't disappointed. The set list was near perfect, I wished Rearviewmirror had been included but everything else was awesome. Eddie was on top form, it was great to see him really getting into it and the whole band putting all they had into a great night. The crowd were fab, everyone around me was as excited as I was and the atmosphere perfect. I've been trying to decide on a new tattoo for ages and after Friday night I am now going for the Alive stick man. Can't wait!
    yeah im gonna get a mini stickman on my wrist i think:) dont want anything too obvious. a wee sneaky one'll do
  • Options
    SarahGSarahG Posts: 11
    I can't decide whether to get it on the inside of my wrist or the top of my back. Do you recomend any tattooists in Edinburgh? I'm thinking of the on on Jeffrey St. but don't know anyone who's had one done there before.
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    I was about 4 deep on Mikes side with my wife and sister. Does anyone on this side remember the huge meat-head who kicked off with some guy and totally ruined 'Corduroy' for me (I didn't even register the song until Mikes solo!!) Basically the guy was right behind me and I heard a girl screaming and turned to be faced with this goliath who was trying to beat the shit out of some poor guy who probably got pushed into him due to the Oooh HUGE mass of people pushing against everyone! ..so the security are shouting to my WIFE (who's 5"5 by the way) to grab this guy and pull him over so they can get him out...my wife's like "what the fuck?" (I mean this guy looked crazy)...and then the people BEHIND this guy decided they'd get him to the front by shoving him THROUGH my wife and sister. The guy got pulled out and there was a huge cheer which even made Ed look over so it should be audible on the boot and if you were wondering, thats what it was. Not long after my wife and sister wanted to get out because up to Hail Hail it was incredibly tight at the front and they were both really struggling...there were strained shouts of "..meet me at the dance tent"...and there I was...on my own...how it SHOULD BE!! HaaaaaaaaHaaaaa :D

After they'd gone (they ended up over on the far left and said the sound out there was incredible) it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders with only myself to think about and I just went CRAAAZZYYY!!!! (albeit within my own space and I hope with respect for those around me :)) I was the guy with the shaved head and moonlight graham hoodie.

I agree with the earlier post about Stone...the guy was possessed whenever given the chance to solo, especially 'Not For You', 'Porch' (at the end of the jam section he ended up on his knees pretty much assaulting his guitar!) and 'RITFW' (some of the best stone soloing I think I've ever heard!)

Mike was on fire as usual and lots of points and waves (I think I got about fucking ten!!), Ed seemed really happy, one of the biggest cheers from my side was when Jeff came right to the front on our side and we were lucky to be maybe one of the first crowds ever to experience a MATT CAMERON FUCK UP!!!!! HaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa during 'Whipping' when they do the quick stop before the very last section of chorus and Matt started the earlier roll bit again by accident...Ed turned around so they could bring it back together and finish and looked as if he was pissing himself laughing!

All in all...

............outstanding.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    SarahG wrote:
    I can't decide whether to get it on the inside of my wrist or the top of my back. Do you recomend any tattooists in Edinburgh? I'm thinking of the on on Jeffrey St. but don't know anyone who's had one done there before.

Firstly let me say.. a stickman tat is the worst pearl jam thing you could get put on your body... in my opinion!

And the one on Jeffrey is supposed to be ok. There's a better one but I can't remember which one it is. I shall have to ask for you.
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Firstly let me say.. a stickman tat is the worst pearl jam thing you could get put on your body... in my opinion!

And the one on Jeffrey is supposed to be ok. There's a better one but I can't remember which one it is. I shall have to ask for you.
    :confused: Why aren't you in the Dublin threads? :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I'm there now!!!

By the way... leed's was one hell of a gig!!! I appologise to the people around me who had to witness my jumping around, spinging and doing air drums for the whole thing! heheh
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Options
    Was right in front of the speaker stack, at the security barrier, under the Leeds Festival banner to the right of the stage.
    Sound was bang on and I could see the stage fine for the whole "I'm at a gig" thing, but could also see the screen just to the side of the banner as though I was at the cinema. Got free warm water from security (handing out paper cups to the front couple of rows), and saw a lit fag ping off the big security guys head.
    Girlfriend got a kicking during state of love and trust (I think) so we went to get a beer while she muttered "never again" not a PJ fan though, although she may be converted and allows the best of in the car now.

Still got close to where we were but I missed Eddie running the barrier (arse!!!)

Was it just me, I didn't spot mike smoking, although the main screen was 70 - 80% Eddie.
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"