Options

*** Leeds Festival Fanviews here 25/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    How so?

It may have been a by chance coincidence that this happened to be played right before the boys went on, but to me it was if they were trying to remind the crowd who PJ were by playing the old 'grunge' card and given the status of the band as the headliner I thought this was disrespectful and hence my being offended. There were so many others songs they could have played before they went on - why choose a Nirvana one if they weren't trying to play off an outdated association?

PS - No disrespect to Nirvana (who I love)
  • Options
    God what a class setlist! Wish I'd been there just to hear Porch, Elderly Woman, Go, Lukin, SOLAT and RITF. I could cry right now. I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms from Dublin...I need to see them again! Now! I can't stop talking about the gig but no one I know wants to listen cos none of my friends or family like PJ!! Atleast I can come and rant on here!! I just hope they come back and do a UK tour real soon so I can tavel to the mainland and stalk them!!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • Options
    brianjd wrote:
    what in the world is a gnats chuff? im sure its very tight whatever it is in the context in which it is used. curious how the band fared as against the other bands at the festival?

out of sight my friend, out of sight (anchorman), they were so tight, more than a gnats chuff i have now decided...lol

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    just got home, what a fucking awsome show! porch, state of love and trust and rocking in the free world :D. only thing missing was yellow ledbetter.

i was right at the front n then went back a bit. the people i met were awsome, with our anti my chemical romance shouts :D. also ruined my voice shouting dirty frank allot :D

hope everyone had an awsome time.
    1) Leeds festival - 25/08/2006
    2) wembely london - 18/06/2007
  • Options
    also anyone else pick up the poster? £15 is a fucking rip off but its a cool poster and its only for dublin, leeds and reading.
    i wounder if the band knew there going for that much? im sure they would have something to say about it.

i also got the avacado t-shirt which is cool and £18 wasnt too bad.
  • Options
    Wow, What a night!!
    Only came to see PJ and didnt want it to end.
    One of the bests nights of my life, waited all day (and six years), to see the greatest band ever yet again.
    The rain cleared and darkness fell and just after 9 o clock they took the stage, i probally had more butterflies in my stomach than Eddie but after a few words of calmness from the man himself i just grabbed the barrier and held on for the ride.
    Every song left me sweating and rushing like i was on a rollercoaster, I just tried to savour every moment, Knowing how the setlists vary i was constantly guessing what would be the opener, Go and Animal quickly set the tempo and for all us 30 somethings it was clear we were going to be treated to alot of earlier stuff, (6 from Ten, 4 from Vs and 4 from Vitalogy - i think), Lukin and Whipping back to back then NotforYou and State of L&T nearly gave me a seizure, Matts drum solo was awesome and during Black me and Sarah had tears rolling down our faces, during Alive even people not into them had hands raised and lads were hugging eachother, brilliant!! For the entire set we were both jumping around and singing like nutters to every song infront of this security guy who must have thought we were on something, even though the only thing we were high on was the music.
    It looked easy to get to the front but we were more than happy half way along infront of the first barrier which sounded great and gave us a great view because there was a gap infront of us and Sarah being only 5ft had the greatest time ever because she didnt have a 6ft 18st guy stood infront of her as normally happens at shows.
    Every song was amazing but really lost my mind to WWS, Given to fly, E.flow, Lukin, Whipping, SOLAT, Black, Porch, Why go, Life wasted and Free world.

Drove home in the eary hours of saturday morning listening to Benaroya Hall , as we arrived home we sat in the car as Yellow ledbetter ended the cd, looked at eachother and smiled, it didnt need words!!, It finished off an amazing time which both off us will never forget.

Thankyou Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    just got home, what a fucking awsome show! porch, state of love and trust and rocking in the free world :D. only thing missing was yellow ledbetter.

i was right at the front n then went back a bit. the people i met were awsome, with our anti my chemical romance shouts :D. also ruined my voice shouting dirty frank allot :D

hope everyone had an awsome time.
    im sure i was next to you.......cos i was really near the front and this guy next to my kept shouting dirty frank. were you on the left?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    im sure i was next to you.......cos i was really near the front and this guy next to my kept shouting dirty frank. were you on the left?

haha yeah, i had a avacado tshirt on and long hair. i went a bit crazy, high off the music. :D
  • Options
    haha yeah, i had a avacado tshirt on and long hair. i went a bit crazy, high off the music. :D
    yeah i did find myself goina bit nuts and shouting stuff

like when ed picked up his black geeetar, i just screamed POOOOOOOOOORCH FUCK YEAH! really loud, and kinda didnt realise i had. overcome i guess :)
  • Options
    PJCloverPJClover Posts: 18
    also anyone else pick up the poster? £15 is a fucking rip off but its a cool poster and its only for dublin, leeds and reading.
    i wounder if the band knew there going for that much? im sure they would have something to say about it.

i also got the avacado t-shirt which is cool and £18 wasnt too bad.

Yeah I got a poster. Got it on kitchen wall now. Looks good. Thinking of getting a frame for it. At £15 want to keep it nice!!

I also got the green t-shirt. Wanted to buy one of the jackets, but didn't have the money!
    London 1996, London 2000, Manchester 2000, Astoria 2006, Leeds 2006
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    hello duggro, how ya feeling?.... in a travel lodge outside reading! bad ribs and kidneys, ha ha... seriously though my ribs are quite scrunched.... need an early night!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    PJClover wrote:
    Yeah I got a poster. Got it on kitchen wall now. Looks good. Thinking of getting a frame for it. At £15 want to keep it nice!!

I also got the green t-shirt. Wanted to buy one of the jackets, but didn't have the money!

green t-shirts? jackets? arghhh i missed them lol.
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    hello duggro, how ya feeling?.... in a travel lodge outside reading! bad ribs and kidneys, ha ha... seriously though my ribs are quite scrunched.... need an early night!
    im good man. nice to be home, but im feeling slight withdrawal after a few days of concentrated pearl jam-ness.

how was the trip to reading? i imagine it'd be quite a long one

my backs totally fecked today though, i really wanted to sleep on the train, but didnt really work out too well!

totally worth it though :)
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    duggro wrote:
    im good man. nice to be home, but im feeling slight withdrawal after a few days of concentrated pearl jam-ness.

how was the trip to reading? i imagine it'd be quite a long one

my backs totally fecked today though, i really wanted to sleep on the train, but didnt really work out too well!

totally worth it though :)

yeah the trip was not too bad.... just sitting on a coach. i'm zonked now though, need a good nights sleep as i intend to try and get right up there again, then walk back into work a crippled ruined man ;) totally worth it!!!

my web time is up, take care!!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    yeah the trip was not too bad.... just sitting on a coach. i'm zonked now though, need a good nights sleep as i intend to try and get right up there again, then walk back into work a crippled ruined man ;) totally worth it!!!

my web time is up, take care!!
    cool man, enjoy the show! I expect to see you guys on the barrier when i watch on bbc!
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    Have to agree with many of the comments on here,that was an awesome show and the sound was great for a festival .I am amazed they Played such a long set ,it was basically the full concert show so it made the day trip wothwhile.
    Must apologise to those I met after the show ,but I was pretty hyper anyway but I had to tell everybody that I GOT EDDIES JACKET! MY mate told me today I was an annoying twat on the bus back to Leeds with it.

I acquired it from a young whipper snapper who said he wasn't really into PJ for a tenner.Sounds dodgy I know but I just checked some photos already posted and it looks the real deal to me for sure.

Its in the washing machine now cause its a bit manky......
    Mega sweaty and Ed you smoke way too much.

So its gonna live happily in Scotland now, unless Eddie you want it back you can come and get it and maybe a nice wee show in Perth would be cool at the same time

what a night............

Manchester 2000
    Leeds 2006
    Perth TBA!
  • Options
    bairdy wrote:
    Have to agree with many of the comments on here,that was an awesome show and the sound was great for a festival .I am amazed they Played such a long set ,it was basically the full concert show so it made the day trip wothwhile.
    Must apologise to those I met after the show ,but I was pretty hyper anyway but I had to tell everybody that I GOT EDDIES JACKET! MY mate told me today I was an annoying twat on the bus back to Leeds with it.

I acquired it from a young whipper snapper who said he wasn't really into PJ for a tenner.Sounds dodgy I know but I just checked some photos already posted and it looks the real deal to me for sure.

So its gonna live happily in Scotland now, unless Eddie you want it back you can come and get it and maybe a nice wee show in Perth would be cool at the same time

what a night............

Manchester 2000
    Leeds 2006
    Perth TBA!
    Which jacket is this?!
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    Eh the one on his back
  • Options
    I'll start with a bombshell - Pearl Jam are the best band in the world.

I've been looking forward to them coming to the UK for ages and was so gutted I couldn't get a ticket for their London gig. Their set last night was just amazing! You can't possibly complain about the lack of more recent material (Binaural, etc) cos they had a lot of time to make up for. The classics were exactly what I wanted.

Highlights: Everyone singing along to Black (including the du-du-du-du-du-du-dooos haha) and Eddie even singing the slightly extended "we belong together" bit. His dream was great - love it when band's take the time to get a connection going with the crowd. Again, exactly what I wanted from their set. Another highlight would have to be State of Love and Trust. Just brilliant and a treat since I really wasn't expecting it.

Only gripes were with the apparent rednecks in the crowd who pushed to the front last minute and then ignored Eddie's plea for a bit of calm. There were girls in the crowd getting hurt, including my girlfriend - so we had to drop back a few rows. I would have like to hear Crazy Mary, Indifference, Betterman and Rearviewmirror - but that's just me being greedy.

The single best gig (yes gig, the rest of the bands playing aren't worth paying for. Bullet for My Valentine?? That guy looks like he had a dildo stuck up his ass) I've ever been to.. it beats all of this years Download festival were two of my other top bands (Alice in Chains / Tool) played. I'm so impressed at their set and their playing and their connection with the crowd and the sheer atmosphere they created. The crowd played a major part in the success of their night so if you were there and weren't one of the rednecks 'moshing' at the front - you rule. Pearl Jam - you rule more!

btw..was Mike wearing pyjama bottoms or was he going for a round of golf afterwards?
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Yeah last night was boss! it was a masterclass on how to blow every other band off the stage.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    im pretty sure ed didnt part with his jacket

i might be wrong though
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    im pretty sure ed didnt part with his jacket

i might be wrong though

i remeber him taking it off but didnt see it go into the crowd, and im sure he walked off stage with it and his wine and the paper with his dream on.
  • Options
    i cant wait for the bootleg now :)

what is a FLAC file? do i need a special media player to listen to them?
  • Options
    i cant wait for the bootleg now :)

what is a FLAC file? do i need a special media player to listen to them?
    think you need winamp and a plug in

im still undecided about whether or now flac is worth it, cos if you want to put them on an mp3 player, or a cd, you'll have to compress them anyways, making the flac a bit pointless

decisions, decisions
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    think you need winamp and a plug in

im still undecided about whether or now flac is worth it, cos if you want to put them on an mp3 player, or a cd, you'll have to compress them anyways, making the flac a bit pointless

decisions, decisions

are the MP3s good quality? i might as well just get mp3, i want to put them on a CD and my ipod anyway.

wish i had more money so i could have gone to reading and other europe shows :(
    i hope they come back to the uk next year :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    duggro wrote:
    cos if you want to put them on an mp3 player, or a cd, you'll have to compress them anyways, making the flac a bit pointless

decisions, decisions

hey duggro.. shame i never met you in Dublin... then again two Scotsmen in the same pub might have been too much for the guinness pump to handle ;)

anyhoo... if you get the FLAC then its lossless... so if you put them straight onto cd at their full size their is no loss of audio quality

i have chicago2 as a FLAC and chicago1 as mp3... never thought i'd say this but there is a discernable difference :)

I'm going with FLAC for Dubbers anyway :cool:.. next time the fuckers play in glasgow (2007 ;) ) we'll get a pint together :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    hey duggro.. shame i never met you in Dublin... then again two Scotsmen in the same pub might have been too much for the guinness pump to handle ;)

anyhoo... if you get the FLAC then its lossless... so if you put them straight onto cd at their full size their is no loss of audio quality

i have chicago2 as a FLAC and chicago1 as mp3... never thought i'd say this but there is a discernable difference :)

I'm going with FLAC for Dubbers anyway :cool:.. next time the fuckers play in glasgow (2007 ;) ) we'll get a pint together :)
    ooooh definitive proof! i like it. dublin and leeds must be bought as flacs then

yeah, i didnt have time to get to temple bar during the day, and after the gig i was so tired i only had one pint then bed. i was ashamed of myself

i woulda come to have a drink in the airport cos emma text me, but i was in the boarding queue already and thought you were comin to leeds with them too.

2007....cant fuckin wait. If they announce a UK tour, i'm gonna try and do them all. like what stian is doing, but on a smaller scale! and instead of a luxury tour bus....i'll have my rover hatchback...:)
  • Options
    valrivalri Posts: 52
    bairdy wrote:

what a night............

Manchester 2000
    Leeds 2006
    Perth TBA!

Why would you wash it when its got Eddie sweat on it!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    duggro wrote:
    ooooh definitive proof! i like it. dublin and leeds must be bought as flacs then

yeah, i didnt have time to get to temple bar during the day, and after the gig i was so tired i only had one pint then bed. i was ashamed of myself

i woulda come to have a drink in the airport cos emma text me, but i was in the boarding queue already and thought you were comin to leeds with them too.

2007....cant fuckin wait. If they announce a UK tour, i'm gonna try and do them all. like what stian is doing, but on a smaller scale! and instead of a luxury tour bus....i'll have my rover hatchback...:)

a rover fuckin hatchback... why didnt you say!!!! I'm in!! :D

yeah man.... i'd love to do what Stian is doing... which is probably caressing his tambourine at this point :P

met Rob and EMs at the airport bar as well... lovely guys... in fact all PJ guys from the board were great... just as i expected.!!

i had fucking tablet with me as well man... we could have rotted our teeth away and sang about the "old country" whilst eating deep-fried tambourines :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PJClover wrote:

I got the poster also, defo worth the money. Love how its only got three shows listed on it. Come on Pearl Jam, you really need to do a "proper" UK tour. The crowd was so starved of the Jam, thats why they were pushing forward more than usual.

Did anyone see that yellow rain mac type thing they were selling with the Pearl Jam logo on the front or did I dream it? I almost bought it for the novelty factor alone. Didn't need it for rain, I ended up getting sunburnt?!
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester