Options

*** Leeds Festival Fanviews here 25/8 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were there, please post your Fanview here. :)

August 25, 2006 Leeds Festival; Bramham Park; Leeds, UK
Go, Animal, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Severed Hand, Given to Fly, Green Disease, Even Flow, Small Town, Insignificance, Daughter (It's OK-Dead Moon), Lukin, Whipping, Not For You, State of Love and Trust, Black, Porch

Encore: Why Go, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted, Alive, Rockin' in the Free World/(Hey Ho, Let's Go from "Blitzkrieg Bop"- by the Ramones)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nice set!!! I like the way they started and ended

now we need some reviews of the people that were there!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    that's one hell of an old school setlist ... wow ...
    playin lots of Ten to No Code, it seems.

cool for the euros ... :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    OMFG, just got back from leeds. pj got an awesome reception. if they dont play north england again there is something wrong with them.

PJ were amazing and eddie even went for a walk aroung the pit area. the man is beautiful close up and from afar.
    Who know's where thoughts come from?

They Just appear!!!
  • Options
    that's one hell of an old school setlist ... wow ...
    playin lots of Ten to No Code, it seems.

cool for the euros ... :D

Only 1 1/2 songs of no code :(

lukin > whipping > not for you > state of love and trust :eek:

The encore is fuckin awesome too
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Fantastic set that was. Just got back myself, and am still buzzing from it. So much power, so much feeling in that performance. They sure have still got what it takes live.
    Sound quality-wise, I was really surprised how good it actually was, as most outdoor venues the sound can come across as 'muddy' without much separation of vocals and instruments. This was totally opposite of that, crisp and clear

Favourite parts were hearing Whipping and Not For You, and other stuff from Vs too, and not forgetting SOLAT!!
    Also, the extended jam in Why Go, was almost Grateful Dead-ish. They were having one hell of a time and didn't look as though they wanted to stop that guitar jam.

Man, a total blast of an evening. Can't wait to get this from bootlegs.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    Just got home and the gig was well received considering it was a festival crowd. The crowd wasn't as big and was more diverse (1st time seeing them at a festival) which was a bit strange as they didn't seem to take to much of the later stuff (binaural onwards). It was nice to hear some of the older stuff aired again, would expect something similar for the Reading gig on Sunday.

They continued with the MAtt drum solo and Mikes playing behind his head during even flow went down very well with the crowd - is this to be the norm now? :)

I do have one question tho - Why was betterman dropped from the set list? it was supposed to be in between why go and do the evolution? I managed to get my hands on a set-list and its there in black and white - but not played, strange because at both Dublin & the Astoria it sounded fantasic.

Anyway going to bed buzzing at the fact that I've seen them twice within 3 days - not a bad week ;)
    Never argue with an idiot.
    They will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    Just got back. Bit of a greatest hits set, crowd were a bit flat throughout from where i was but got into it at the end with Alive and Rockin in The Free World, Even Flow was great with a behind the head mike solo, eddies speech about his dream he had last night of George Bush shagging...Matt getting the best crowd reception when ed introduced the band members....only downside for me was the sound, thought it sounded pretty flat and eddie was too LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!, maybe it sounded better abit further back from the stage but i was on the 2nd set of barriers, did anyone else think the sound was crap?
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    i've just got back from the show and wow, fucking awesome. This was our first show and i felt like we had been treated to a 'perfect set'.

we were in the pit (which was easy to get into, we just walked our way to the front centre during placebo) on the third row back and when PJ came out eddie appealed that we all look after each other (refering to roskilde), which at first did not happen, loads of kids (unfortunatly pj fans)were charging forward and back trying to mosh and caused a couple of collapses in the crowd but they were soon ironed out of the crowd easing eddies nerves.

The sound was spot on and the band were as tight as a gnats chuff, it was chaos when they opened with GO, it was like a wave of energy flting thru the field. The set was pretty hardcore full of surprises like SOLAT, whipping, hail hail and stone did a mad rock and roll solo during porch, which was very animated for stone!, Black was emotional for all and you could tell the band had put some demons to rest tonight, Ed seemed abit emotional, it was real nice.

Then at the end before rockin in the free world, ed told us about his dream he had last night about watching President Bush Fuckin a lady without a condom and he was screaming 'pull out' at him, but when he woke up he realised it was linked to the war.

So im back home, my jeans are ripped up cos of the kerfuffles and im aching but, WHAT A NIGHT!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    I was just in front of the 2nd set of barriers (the ones with the narrow walkway between them for security). As mentioned, I thought it sounded fine from there.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    grazman wrote:
    Just got back. Bit of a greatest hits set, crowd were a bit flat throughout from where i was but got into it at the end with Alive and Rockin in The Free World, Even Flow was great with a behind the head mike solo, eddies speech about his dream he had last night of George Bush shagging...Matt getting the best crowd reception when ed introduced the band members....only downside for me was the sound, thought it sounded pretty flat and eddie was too LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!, maybe it sounded better abit further back from the stage but i was on the 2nd set of barriers, did anyone else think the sound was crap?

i was dead centre, 5 rows back, thought the sound was cock-on mate, my part of the crowd was proper mental and buzzin

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:
    I was just in front of the 2nd set of barriers (the ones with the narrow walkway between them for security). As mentioned, I thought it sounded fine from there.

probably just my ears need washing out then!
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    I just got back.
    That fucking rocked!:)
    There was a lot of joy around me. I was singing to corduroy with two other guys holding their hands in the air. I was amazed how old school the setlist was. It rocked. It is like blur:) It has been 6 years since I have seen them and they rocked just as hard. It was weird seeing them at a festival. Festival sets are always a bit different. I loved it though, I was right at the front.
    The George Bush dream story was very amusing. RITFW was awesome. It was just all awesome.
    I am pretty sure that I saw Stone watching Slayer from the side of the stage whilst they were on. I thought it was ace that Ed gave them a shout.
    Much love to PJ. It was great to see them in my home town, hopefully they will come back to the UK and even up north soon.
    Yay!
    http://hexjibber.com
    Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Paris 2006, London 2007, Nijmegen 2007
  • Options
    PJCloverPJClover Posts: 18
    Awesome show.

Great hearing Green Disease live for 1st time.

Best bit for me was singing along to the Its OK tag. Deffo a special moment.

Wish i'd got tickets for reading now!

Can't wait for the boot!
    London 1996, London 2000, Manchester 2000, Astoria 2006, Leeds 2006
  • Options
    PJClover wrote:
    Awesome show.

Great hearing Green Disease live for 1st time.

Best bit for me was singing along to the Its OK tag. Deffo a special moment.

Wish i'd got tickets for reading now!

Can't wait for the boot!

Most of the Reading show will be broadcast on BBC3 i think, none of the Leeds show was shown tonite!
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    "The band was as tight as a gnats chuff" - Reaching Hands
    I almost pissed myself... To fuckin funny!!
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    what in the world is a gnats chuff? im sure its very tight whatever it is in the context in which it is used. curious how the band fared as against the other bands at the festival?
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    I haven't seen here they played 'Yellow Ledbetter'. I hope they will play that one in Arnhem, where I'm going to see Pearl Jam. I really love that song..
  • Options
    catocato Willaston UK Posts: 3
    wow wow wow,just got back,amazin set,bush dream was so funny,not 4 u was ace,glad it was not on telly last nite as 4got to set recorder,want to get in my car and go to reading now,but will have to wait two weeks till paris,think that will be special with the date its on,
    Your light made us stars....

London, England (October 28, 1996)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 19, 2005)
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006)
    Paris, France (September 11, 2006)
    London, England (June 18, 2007)
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009)
    London, England (June 25, 2010)
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012)
    Milton Keynes Bowl (July 11, 2014)
    London Show 2 (July 17, 2018)
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    wow I would have killed to be at this gig.. PJ at festivals is where its at these days. Great 2 see the english get PJ atleast a couple times.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    heeeeeeeellllllllloooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

was on the barrier with wash_, AMENt, Dave Brown and Duggro, infront of Mike with fifty thousand people behind !! crazy.... also, We got to the front after placebo and to my left was this tiny kid who was thirteen!! he has got big balls! He lasted half the set then had to be pulled out but again massive respect to him.

The set/show... pretty amazing.... rockers, rockers, rockers.... it was like a blitz! stand outs for me were Not for You, Alive, Corduroy, Hail Hail errrr most really!!

If you see Stian during the tour ask him what the guy next to him did.... cheeky little Fu*ker.

Eddie jumped off the stage during the end of Rockin in The Free World and ran along the line of the crowd barrier infront of the stage.

We got a lot of points from Mike and I was quite surprised how close the crowd was to the stage..... only about 15ft or so.

Green Disease, Why Go.... all class. Eddie told some funny jokes and the dream one..... PULL OUT!! PULL OUT!!

ps...... my ribs are FOOKED
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    burtschips wrote:
    heeeeeeeellllllllloooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

was on the barrier with wash_, AMENt, Dave Brown and Duggro, infront of Mike with fifty thousand people behind !! crazy.... also, We got to the front after placebo and to my left was this tiny kid who was thirteen!! he has got big balls! He lasted half the set then had to be pulled out but again massive respect to him.

The set/show... pretty amazing.... rockers, rockers, rockers.... it was like a blitz! stand outs for me were Not for You, Alive, Corduroy, Hail Hail errrr most really!!

If you see Stian during the tour ask him what the guy next to him did.... cheeky little Fu*ker.

Eddie jumped off the stage during the end of Rockin in The Free World and ran along the line of the crowd barrier infront of the stage.

We got a lot of points from Mike and I was quite surprised how close the crowd was to the stage..... only about 15ft or so.

Green Disease, Why Go.... all class. Eddie told some funny jokes and the dream one..... PULL OUT!! PULL OUT!!

Hey Rob - sounds like you guys had a great time!

The set looks really good, you lucky things!

what did the cheeky little Fu*ker do to Stian?
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Gen wrote:
    Hey Rob - sounds like you guys had a great time!

The set looks really good, you lucky things!

what did the cheeky little Fu*ker do to Stian?

Helloo!!!

Stian got pissed on!!!!!!!!!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    burtschips wrote:
    Helloo!!!

Stian got pissed on!!!!!!!!!

Ewwww!!!! I hope he gave him what for!
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    My neck hurts!!!! Was totally worth it though. Leeds blew Dublin right out of the water. In-cred-ible. My massive knuckle duster ring is bent out of shape from holding on to the barrier for dear life!!

And I still cant stop grinning from ear to ear. State of love and Trust?! :eek:. PORCH! RITFW!!!!!!!!! Wow wow wow.

Cant wait for Reading.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    My first ever pearl jam show and i must say it was bloody fantastic!! It was easy to get past the 2nd barrier, went in just before MCR to make sure i had an ok spot.
    I was on the left(mikes side) about 3/4 people from the front, when they opened with go and animal everyone went crazy, people pushing and jumping up and down but eventually it calmed down thank god!

eddie said that the reson theyre doing festivals now (mentioned rocksilde) isnt cause theyre taking a risk but cause they trust us, which cleared it up for me, i was abit worried about safety and all that. also the bush dream story was hilarious, and with an important message too lol

i thought the sound was great from where i was you could hear eddie clearly, no comlaints- i could see mike jeff and eddie for most of the night i was so happy.

basically my ideal setlist..Its Ok, corduroy, even flow, insignificance, SOLAT(!!!) and then afew new ones. quite alot of the songs were old like from Vs and Ten and i guess they had to cater for more casual fans, but i thought it was great. people around me looked after me, 2 people took a photo for me and well looked after by security with water being handed round

im so glad i went, like everyone says you havent seen them until you've seen them live! :D
    I see the birds in the rain...

i know and i would not ever touch you, hold you, feel you ever... oh, never again
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First ever show-Leeds Festival 25th Aug 2006.
  • Options
    Danni CDanni C Posts: 54
    This is the first time unfortunately I have seen Pearl Jam and they were fantastic.. loved all the old songs especially Black was a major highlight. I was near the front and thought the whole gig was amazing, only came to see Pearl Jam and was deffinately worth the £67! - eddie vedder's voice is just the best and haunting at times.. cannot wait till they come back to the UK..
  • Options
    animalbearanimalbear Manchester Posts: 11
    Hello All

First PJ show last night & I'd have to say what a set for my first show! WOW! I was also surprised at the quality of the sound (for a festival), I was stood behide the 2nd barrier, dead centre & about 3 rows back (had a lot of room too???).

At first the crowd seemed a bit flat, plus I seen about 20/30 people leave (FOOLS!!!). Anyway highlights for me were Matt's solo, State of Love & Trust & Keep on Rockin'.

Next up for me Marseille, then off to Athens. Hope to see you there.

Anyone going to Reading have a great day & as Ed says, 'Look after each other.' We don't wanna wait another 6 years.
    Leeds Festival 25.08.2006 | Marseille 23.09.2006 | Athens 30.09.2006 | London 18.06.2007 | Dusseldorf 21.06.2007 | Manchester 17.08.2009 | London Show 1 18.06.2018 | Berlin 05.07.2018 | Barcelona 10.07.2018 | Berlin 21.06.2022 | Amsterdam Show 1 24.07.2022 | Manchester 25.06.2024
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    Amazing gig. Better than Manchester 6 years earlier IMO. I was so impressed with their set. Massive cheers from me for Given to Fly, Do The Evolution and finishing with RITFW.

Love the Daughter tag with It's OK - a very moving song.

I was at the left hand side of the stage down the front under the big screen. After the band had finished I was right at the front barrier and got a wave from Eddie as he left to get into a car. w00t! :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    wcswcs Posts: 17
    Fantastic night!
    Last time I saw them live was in 2000... they only got better.

It blew me away to hear all those Ten and Vs. songs. I couldn't have hand-picked them better myself. And such a rocking set.... First five songs really set the crowd in motion.

My personal highlights were Why Go, Porch, SOLAT and, of course, RITFW !! (I was expecting Ledbetter, so it had a surprise element to it as well).

I also thought the sound was a bit crap (I was WAY back... got near the crowd exactly when Go was starting, after a long trip), but it was still an amazing performance by the guys.

See you in Reading!
  • Options
    Amazing show!!! I thought it'd be hard to get up front but it was easy. Just walked in from the side before My Chemical Romance and got about 5 rows from the front between Eddie and Stone. The first 9 songs:

Go, Animal, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Severed Hand, Given to Fly, Green Disease, Even Flow

were insane and the highlight of the set for me. All good though.

Pity they didn't show any of the show on bbc. Hopefully they'll show Reading. Wish I had a ticket for that now.