what are you doing, right now?

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Yup, hanging in Nanaimo for two days before heading back over to Van for my concert. It's nice down here but gets dark really early compared to what I'm used to.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Yup, hanging in Nanaimo for two days before heading back over to Van for my concert. It's nice down here but gets dark really early compared to what I'm used to.

How funny - I'm flying out tomorrow to head up north to spend the weekend with my parents.

Good to see we are keeping an even balance of PJ folks in the province.

(and if you think Nanaimo is nice, you really need to come to Victoria some time).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    That is too funny, and yes I know how nice Victoria is I lived there for 7 years. It seems a bit too crowded for me now but I get down there a couple of times a year.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    ^^^^ Let me know when you're next in town! With any luck I won't be out of town.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Helped a friend move to what I refer to as House of Devo or Mothersbaugh Manor yesterday. (Mark Mothersbaugh owns the building.) I'm not muscle chick. It was furniture haul day. She doesn't have cheap IKEA shit. She had SOLID wood antique furniture. Down and out of the house. Up and into trucks. Up 6 steps, turn 90 degrees and straight up a very generous flight of funky outdoor steps, down a skinny haul and around into the door. If bedroom furniture, up two steps, turn 90 degrees then up another flight. Sweet love of all, I feel like I moved my husband's Yaris up a set of stairs on my back all by myself. (I didn't. We worked really well together.) My 11 year old pushed through a migraine and kept hauling with no complaint. We're both so very sore.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1

^^^^ Let me know when you're next in town! With any luck I won't be out of town.

I will, have a loose plan to come down the end of September but nothing concrete yet.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Watching Total Recall on TubiTV. They play mostly obscure indies and less successful Paramount titles with a few exceptions like Top Gun.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    deadendp said:

Helped a friend move to what I refer to as House of Devo or Mothersbaugh Manor yesterday. (Mark Mothersbaugh owns the building.) I'm not muscle chick. It was furniture haul day. She doesn't have cheap IKEA shit. She had SOLID wood antique furniture. Down and out of the house. Up and into trucks. Up 6 steps, turn 90 degrees and straight up a very generous flight of funky outdoor steps, down a skinny haul and around into the door. If bedroom furniture, up two steps, turn 90 degrees then up another flight. Sweet love of all, I feel like I moved my husband's Yaris up a set of stairs on my back all by myself. (I didn't. We worked really well together.) My 11 year old pushed through a migraine and kept hauling with no complaint. We're both so very sore.

This reminds me of the episode of "Friends" when Ross gets a new couch, and has Rachel and Chandler help him move it in. "Pivot! Pivot!"

Also, House of Devo? Is Mark a hands-on owner, or absentee landlord? When I come visit you, can we swing by the place and have lemonade with him?
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Mark owns and if I have it right from my friend Toni, his sister is in the managing end of it. I think he lives in California, but you can have lemonade with us! Apparently this place was in one of the Devo videos. I'll send you the address and you can check it out. Frankly, it's nothing terribly special. Sad. But because of the video thing, There are some people who pose on the steps and do photos. I've heard it happens all the time. Knowing Toni, she'll probably model with the people.

Pivot, indeed. Damn near almost killed me. I helped haul a lot of heavy furniture, but the hella china cabinet is what I thought would kill us all. I was a side hauler. Shawnie was, too. Toni took the top and Uncle Joe, God bless him, took the bottom of it. As the stairway walls narrowed about 3/4 to the top, Shawnie and I had to skinny out up underneath. They had to haul it from there without us. It fit into the space Toni wanted it to occupy by 1".

There's so much for you to do around here. Keep a list. We'll tackle it someday. =) Maybe I'll take you to meet Natural Hunka Kaboom. That would be a highlight, yes?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Fucking dying. Physical therapy is the devil. Don't do it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    watching Diamond League athletics
    deadendp said:

Mark owns and if I have it right from my friend Toni, his sister is in the managing end of it. I think he lives in California, but you can have lemonade with us! Apparently this place was in one of the Devo videos. I'll send you the address and you can check it out. Frankly, it's nothing terribly special. Sad. But because of the video thing, There are some people who pose on the steps and do photos. I've heard it happens all the time. Knowing Toni, she'll probably model with the people.

Pivot, indeed. Damn near almost killed me. I helped haul a lot of heavy furniture, but the hella china cabinet is what I thought would kill us all. I was a side hauler. Shawnie was, too. Toni took the top and Uncle Joe, God bless him, took the bottom of it. As the stairway walls narrowed about 3/4 to the top, Shawnie and I had to skinny out up underneath. They had to haul it from there without us. It fit into the space Toni wanted it to occupy by 1".

There's so much for you to do around here. Keep a list. We'll tackle it someday. =) Maybe I'll take you to meet Natural Hunka Kaboom. That would be a highlight, yes?

Yes! Lemonade at the Devo house. :smiley: Most landmarks like that are nothing special. People used to travel all over to see the original Woodstock site (umm...it's a field, folks). I'd still go to the Devo house, though. Just to geek out.

I hope all of you took some Tylenol or Advil after your heavy lifting session. You are good people to help your friend out.

I still want a Kaboom campaign button. And I will show up for his inauguration....chex mix and lawn chair in hand.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Trying to kill boredom...it's Friday Night at work, I still have two hours left, and nothing to do really...and no one here with me....UGH...only thing that has kept my sanity is listening to PJ all day....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Getting ready for a show...a friend's band is opening for LA Guns, Great White, Quiet Riot, and Ennuf Znuff...I feel like I should tease my hair and put a can of Aqua Net in it...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Sitting next to my 4 year old son who is being very sweet and sharing his fruit snacks with me.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    RKCNDY said:

Getting ready for a show...a friend's band is opening for LA Guns, Great White, Quiet Riot, and Ennuf Znuff...I feel like I should tease my hair and put a can of Aqua Net in it...

Yes!!!!! And take a picture to post here later.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

Yes!!!!! And take a picture to post here later.
    :lol: ok, I will!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Waiting on drivers to get in...BONUS it's OT!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Struggling to get off the couch, there may have been tequila involved in this difficulty.

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Debating wether I want to walk down to the little town and get some food, or just eat what's here??? And getting ignored by my niece:-( but she's 14, so, totes norm!!! Lol
    Fuck it, I'm gonna walk down there and get some food! I've been cooped up SG work all day, and Lily would rather watch tv from her friend's house via Skype. ( swear to god that's what ghet're doing.. Have no idea what show they're watching! Lol)
    Been drinking tequila in the sun all afternoon, about to eat the best bbq on Vancouver Island for dinner and then my sister is dragging me out to the bar to watch a eighties cover band a friend plays in. Gonna be a good night.

Been drinking tequila in the sun all afternoon, about to eat the best bbq on Vancouver Island for dinner and then my sister is dragging me out to the bar to watch a eighties cover band a friend plays in. Gonna be a good night.

Have fun!! :-)
    I'm stuck watching Singles...it's on TV, I can't change the channel...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Uh huh, :wink:
    Going to bed it's been a long day.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Watching the AFI lifetime achievement tribute to Steve Martin on Sling TV/TBS.

RKCNDY said:

Uh huh, :wink:
    Ok, you're right...I just wanted to laugh at Ed, Jeff, and Stone...."look! They're so young!"

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Babysit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Prepared my poetry for a poetry magazine, will send it this week, I hope they publish it. Waiting to go shopping and then dinner with my sister.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014