hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    adios LaRussa...one of the best ever
    kinda sad to see him go, but it is time. and there is nothing like someone leaving at the right time. and there is nothing worse than a manager hanging on when he does not 100% want to be there. LaRussa has nothing to prove to anyone, and after what he got the cards to do these last 2 months, he will never ever top that.

congratulations on your great career Tony, and THANK YOU!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • bennett13bennett13 Posts: 439
    Davidtrios wrote:
    not only do the cards win, but the rams shocked the saints...st louis is kicking some major ass lately
    yeah it is kind of weird.

the joke i kept hearing today was "i guess the cards must have showed up to play the saints"....

it is nice when the entire city is celebrating. and there were no reports of rioting, looting, car break ins or cars flipped over, arson, or anything else. we drove by the stadium at about 2 am friday night and there were people everywhere. there were no parking spaces available for blocks..it was pretty surreal to be driving down there at 2 am and still seeing 20,000 or so people partying on the streets.

St. Louis is a great city with great baseball fans...I've been a few times and always enjoyed it. As a born and raised Redbirds fan, I need to get up there again and visit the new Busch stadium.
  • bennett13 wrote:
    St. Louis is a great city with great baseball fans...I've been a few times and always enjoyed it. As a born and raised Redbirds fan, I need to get up there again and visit the new Busch stadium.
    the fans are pretty passionate and they know the game well. busch has a nice atmosphere for a game. plus the beer vendors that lug the beer up and down the steps accept debit cards 8-)

even if i don't have tickets to the game i just go down to paddy o's or mike shannons and wait for the postgame party because it is such a great atmosphere down there.

the cards are all we have, as the rams are terrible and the blues are about the most frustrating thing to watch anymore...i can only accept the "youth" excuse for so long... how can you blame "youth" and "inexperience" when perron, oshie, and berglund are all in their 3rd or 4th year?

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    bennett13 wrote:
    the fans are pretty passionate and they know the game well. busch has a nice atmosphere for a game. plus the beer vendors that lug the beer up and down the steps accept debit cards 8-)

even if i don't have tickets to the game i just go down to paddy o's or mike shannons and wait for the postgame party because it is such a great atmosphere down there.

the cards are all we have, as the rams are terrible and the blues are about the most frustrating thing to watch anymore...i can only accept the "youth" excuse for so long... how can you blame "youth" and "inexperience" when perron, oshie, and berglund are all in their 3rd or 4th year?

Stick by the Blues, man. They're going to be just fine. I don't think Oshie survives the year with the team, but when Perron gets healthy and Berglund continuing to grow...we'll be just fine. Halak has been a bust though. That's a big let down. Luckily we have Allen in the farm system who is one of the top goalie prospects in the league. We've also got this little gem named Vladamir Tarasenko who, God I hope, will be with the club next year. We're close.

I'm still trying to get my body back to 100% after this weekend. Friday night was quite taxing on this old man. I was just one of the thousands downtown until the wee hours of Saturday morning celebrating. I feel like I still need about 20 hours of sleep
  • bennett13bennett13 Posts: 439
    bennett13 wrote:

Debit cards? Man, a lot has happened since I last visited! My college girlfriend was from St. Louis, so I used to visit during the summer (when the Cards were in town, that is!). I haven't been back since the breakup 8 years or so ago...8 years? Wow...it has been that long! I need to pay another visit. Every time I would go to this really cool record store called "Vintage Vinyl" (I think)...do you know if it's still there?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Oh Vintage Vinyl is still there. It's right down the street from the Tivoli, where PJ20 had its St. Louis screening. Great record store. GREAT
  • Oh Vintage Vinyl is still there. It's right down the street from the Tivoli, where PJ20 had its St. Louis screening. Great record store. GREAT
    yeah i was just there tuesday night. i could spend a week in that place and still not see everything. they have a great section of old lps for $2.99-$4.99 range.

and you are right about the blues. i am just down on them because they are the nhl equivalent of the cubs. good teams, but have not won a cup in nearly 40 years of existance...

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oh Vintage Vinyl is still there. It's right down the street from the Tivoli, where PJ20 had its St. Louis screening. Great record store. GREAT
    yeah i was just there tuesday night...

what a coincidence so was i. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Cards are talking to Ryne Sandberg to be their next manager...what is this world coming to? :lol:
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    The Cards are talking to Ryne Sandberg to be their next manager...what is this world coming to? :lol:
    i saw that. if he gets hired it is a sign that the apocalypse is upon us....

:lol:

• Oh Vintage Vinyl is still there. It's right down the street from the Tivoli, where PJ20 had its St. Louis screening. Great record store. GREAT
    yeah i was just there tuesday night...

did i see you there? i was the cool looking guy with the long dark hair..

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

did i see you there? i was the cool looking guy with the long dark hair..

hmmmm i did see this one guy....
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Cards interview Francona
  • they have been grooming oquendo for that job for the last 8 years or so, so i would be really surprised if anyone other than oquendo gets hired. there is a rumor that he is very tight with the latino players and to some in our media that is viewed as a bad thing. if he gets the job and lets pujols have free reign to swing on 3-0 and tell baserunners to do a hit and run without managerial direction like what albert did in the world series then i see that as being a big problem.

sorry cards fans
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wow....i didn't think he would actually leave
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    me neither...i didnt even know LAA was in the running? i love this hot stove drama though
  • 81 wrote:

Completely shocked. I couldn't imagine being a Cards fan right now...
    Davidtrios wrote:
    me neither...i didnt even know LAA was in the running? i love this hot stove drama though

they got into it in the past couple of days...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i wonder if they will make an offer to Fielder now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    i wonder if they will make an offer to Fielder now.

I think they have to.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    81 wrote:

Completely shocked. I couldn't imagine being a Cards fan right now...

They did just win the WS and a total of 2 with Pooholes. What more could you ask from a player?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    after the pain subsides :cry::cry::cry: , you'll be happy to not be saddled with A-Pu for the next TEN fucking years.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I can't believe he left the Cards.

Although he is getting an extra $60M.

The Cardinals run a tight ship and don't have big market revenue. Probably wise of them to not tie up so much in just one person.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    LeBron+James+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Miami+Heat+LuuaaTrc6LXl.jpg

opps. wrong guy ;);)
    rival. wrote:
    LeBron+James+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Miami+Heat+LuuaaTrc6LXl.jpg

opps. wrong guy ;);)

:lol:

doesn't have the same feel.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason P wrote:
    I can't believe he left the Cards.

Although he is getting an extra $60M.

The Cardinals run a tight ship and don't have big market revenue. Probably wise of them to not tie up so much in just one person.

Hard to blame a guy for leaving for an extra $60M.

Cards arent a big market team, but they cant be struggling too much financially. They sell out just about every game, don't they? That ballpark is great...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

This, feel bad for Texas
    prank call opportunity:

http://www.pujols5grill.com/