Options

♣♣♣ Official Come Back to Maine in 2014 Thread ♣♣♣

Comments

• Options
    The number one alcoholic beverage sold in Maine is Allen's Coffee Brandy. Several hundred thousand bottles are sold every year. Locals call it brown juice and it is mixed with milk.
    "If Hope Could Grow From Dirt Like Me, It Can Be Done."
  • Options
    actonplpactonplp Maine Posts: 173
    brainjam wrote:
    The number one alcoholic beverage sold in Maine is Allen's Coffee Brandy. Several hundred thousand bottles are sold every year. Locals call it brown juice and it is mixed with milk.
    I think a large percentage of teens here get their first buzz on from hard apple cider. You are right about the Allen’s though, I've known a few people that carry a flask of it with them at all times. I prefer Kahlua Sombreros myself.
    Aug. 05, 2016 - Fenway Park, Boston
    Oct. 15, 2013 - Worcester, Massachusetts
  • Options
    actonplp wrote:
    brainjam wrote:
    I think a large percentage of teens here get their first buzz on from hard apple cider. You are right about the Allen’s though, I've known a few people that carry a flask of it with them at all times. I prefer Kahlua Sombreros myself.

Yes this is true, Boons Farms as well.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    brainjam wrote:
    actonplp wrote:
    brainjam wrote:

Yes this is true, Boons Farms as well.

logo_01.gif
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I am down to see them come to Maine for sure. However, I must say I don't want them to play the Waterfront Concert venue in Bangor. I have seen a few shows there are the sound is terrible. One side of it is enclosed, while the other is open to the Penobscot river. The sound just floats out there. Very poor design. In addition, it is a complete and total mess getting into the venue (one entrance last time I was there) and poor sightlines.

I would be more interested in seeing them play the Cumberland County Civic Center. Holds about 9000 and I have always enjoyed the shows there. Portland also just passed to build an outdoor venue somewhere in Southern Maine, so that could be a possibility as well. As a previous poster said, the Eastern Prom was used by Mumford, but I am not sure if the city would allow Pearl Jam to play there. Mumfords crowd was very well behaved. City shot down another show on the Eastern Prom this past summer, so I feel like Pearl Jam would be a long shot.

Here's hoping they make it to Maine soon though!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    I am down to see them come to Maine for sure. However, I must say I don't want them to play the Waterfront Concert venue in Bangor. I have seen a few shows there are the sound is terrible. One side of it is enclosed, while the other is open to the Penobscot river. The sound just floats out there. Very poor design. In addition, it is a complete and total mess getting into the venue (one entrance last time I was there) and poor sightlines.

I would be more interested in seeing them play the Cumberland County Civic Center. Holds about 9000 and I have always enjoyed the shows there. Portland also just passed to build an outdoor venue somewhere in Southern Maine, so that could be a possibility as well. As a previous poster said, the Eastern Prom was used by Mumford, but I am not sure if the city would allow Pearl Jam to play there. Mumfords crowd was very well behaved. City shot down another show on the Eastern Prom this past summer, so I feel like Pearl Jam would be a long shot.

Here's hoping they make it to Maine soon though!

If they want to play here they will find a spot to make it happen. It is a long shot that's for sure.
  • Options
    I want a Lobsta role and a Gearys and a PJ show all in the same day..... :shock:
  • Options
    I want a Lobsta role and a Gearys and a PJ show all in the same day..... :shock:
    This guy knows whats up 8-)
  • Options
    You forgot the wild Maine blueberry pie!
  • Options
    actonplp wrote:
    You forgot the wild Maine blueberry pie!

Yes..Of course pie or cobbler would be nice...I used to get this other "blueberry" stuff that was real good too.. 8-)
  • Options
    I used to get this other "blueberry" stuff that was real good too.. 8-)
    It's still around ;)
  • Options
    You can't forget Allagash beer as well, if you like Belgian style of beers. Brewed and bottled in Portland and you can't forget about Baxter Ale or Oxbow brewing.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Allens has to be the number 1 beverage in Maine. Ol' brown lightning. But if we are talking about Maine booze then Orloff Vodka has to be in the mix. I believe its is bottled in Lewiston? I tastes like 10% vodka and 90% Rubbing Alcohol. We drank the shit out of that stuff growing up.

Other Maine alcohol staples:

Natty Ice (natural ice)
    Beast Ice (Milwaukee's Best)
    Busch
    Canadian Club

Of Course as the Micro-brew craze blew up everyone was bottling beer-Shipyard, Gearys etc

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,909
    Sure! I would love a PJ Maine show. It's not a far boat ride or car ride from my place! :D
  • Options
    I'm gonna bump the shit out of this thread.
  • Options
    Black10Black10 Posts: 160
    I'm gonna bump the shit out of this thread.

You won't get any complaints from me!
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Forest Bump?
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    If anyone has the lyrics to Bob Marley's Christmas in Maine song, they should post them here! Merry Christmas folks.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    actonplp wrote:
    If anyone has the lyrics to Bob Marley's Christmas in Maine song, they should post them here! Merry Christmas folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaNBbIsMUsc
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    I believe that if they played in Maine we would all be happy...the end.
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    actonplp wrote:

Thank you!!!
  • Options
    actonplp wrote:
    Bant wrote:
    actonplp wrote:

Thank you!!!
    :lol: ....YES!
  • Options
    I would like to see this
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    Soon to be 2014 and a hope that PJ will be in Maine this year. If not this year maybe next year. I would settle for NH since PJ has never played there.
  • Options
    With the bitter cold winter that we’ve had here so far (well before our typical January weather), it’s hard to imagine warmer times coming. But, I’m still dreaming of a nice, warm & sunny Maine day, with the windows rolled down and a couple of Pearl Jam tickets in my hand. What could be better?

Happy New Year to all & I hope that Pearl Jam makes it a New Year’s resolution to come visit us here in northern New England in 2014.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Oxford Plains Motor Speedway July 4th please! No opener.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Anyplace in the great State of Maine, any time.

Love me my neighbor to the north.

Always my favorite destination.

8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    New style Bumb... [-O<