Options

NOT MY HOMETOWN: dear america

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    chadwick wrote:
    So you're still coming up? No Cate though? :(

no cate. :(
    if i was any closer to st. louis it'd be fantabulous to meet up w/ you, catefrances. it would be fantabulous no matter the distance. problem is i just can't make it. currently my life has been turned upside down and inside out. anywho...

enjoy yourself, miss.

one thing i do know. st. louis kicks a lot of fine ass. it used to be free and still may be. it used to be one only had to pay for parking. i suggest a long day's visit to the zoo. st. louis zoo has a very fine reptile house.

i dont do zoos. i have a problem with wild animals in captivity.

as for reptiles, theres a snake snoozing not 5 feet away from me right now.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    if i hadve found out earlier about winwood i couldve flipped my trip and gone to chicago first. but theres no guarantee the event isnt sold out so...

plan ahead, get ahead. :lol:

shut up. :P its bad enough ill be in nashville when jack white is playing and not be in possession of tix. yet again a case of found out too late. but hey least i got mark lanegan i chicago right. and ed ved screwed me up a bit.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    and the chimps at the st. louis zoo do jerk their weasels and throw it at you. also, they crap in their hands and give you some too. st. louis chimps are funny and nasty lil gremlin like creatures. yes like the movie gremlins
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i dont do zoos. i have a problem with wild animals in captivity.

as for reptiles, theres a snake snoozing not 5 feet away from me right now.
    i understand fully. near the zoo is the clydesdale horses. budweiser whatever the hell it is.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    if i hadve found out earlier about winwood i couldve flipped my trip and gone to chicago first. but theres no guarantee the event isnt sold out so...

plan ahead, get ahead. :lol:

shut up. :P its bad enough ill be in nashville when jack white is playing and not be in possession of tix. yet again a case of found out too late. but hey least i got mark lanegan i chicago right. and ed ved screwed me up a bit.

just looking on stub hub...ouch. cheapeast was 155 and quickly went up to 200 plus
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

just looking on stub hub...ouch. cheapeast was 155 and quickly went up to 200 plus

capitalism at its finest.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i should be in tampa today psyching myself up to see edved in clearwater tonight with justam. but im not. boooo. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    you know what i love about america???

your books and music are just so darn cheap. i just might need to rent a warehouse to hold my stash.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    i should be in tampa today psyching myself up to see edved in clearwater tonight with justam. but im not. boooo. :(

:(

Yeah, I was thinking about that this morning too.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761

your books and music are just so darn cheap. i just might need to rent a warehouse to hold my stash.

We do love our stuff! :lol:

(And I'm not being derogatory-- you should see my bookshelves! :? ... :lol: )
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

free....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

We do love our stuff! :lol:

(And I'm not being derogatory-- you should see my bookshelves! :? ... :lol: )

and that sir is the perfect pick up line to use on me... besides here i bought this bottle of scotch for you ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    81 wrote:

free....

freese... david freese???

GO CARDS!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    getting my country on .. going down to nashville tomorrow for a couple of days. yeehaw!!! :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    getting my country on .. going down to nashville tomorrow for a couple of days. yeehaw!!! :mrgreen:

If I remember my time zones correctly, Cate, it is tomorrow out thata way. You must be having fun!

Any chance you'll get to visit Ernest Tubb's Record Shop? I hear it's very, very cool.

http://www.etrecordshop.com/
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

If I remember my time zones correctly, Cate, it is tomorrow out thata way. You must be having fun!

Any chance you'll get to visit Ernest Tubb's Record Shop? I hear it's very, very cool.

http://www.etrecordshop.com/

if i can find it ill take a look. thanx. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    woowoo im in chicago now. :mrgreen:

couldnt check into my lodgings til later so i did the ferris bueller thing and wandered around the art institute. saw some pretty sweet stuff let me tell you. some lovely georgia okeeffes, a big warhol of mao and those so very beautiful windows of mark chagalls amongst other things. oh and a very very nice robert rauschenberg called short circuit(combine painting)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

couldnt check into my lodgings til later so i did the ferris bueller thing and wandered around the art institute. saw some pretty sweet stuff let me tell you. some lovely georgia okeeffes, a big warhol of mao and those so very beautiful windows of mark chagalls amongst other things. oh and a very very nice robert rauschenberg called short circuit(combine painting)

you wanna go to the cubs game to complete your bueller day off
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    81 wrote:

I wouldn't think it would REALLY be complete until you trash a 1962 Ferrari GT California.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I wouldn't think it would REALLY be complete until you trash a 1962 Ferrari GT California.

i'm down for that as well..... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

you know they werent real ferraris right??? just a fibreglass shell over some bitch cars chassis.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and watch a bunch of losers??? no thanx. :P :lol:

batter batter batter s-wing batter... kennedy kennedy kennedy
    :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

i always thought it was can't hit it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    it all makes sense now....you are here for the protests. :lol:

did you buy anything from the muesum store? if not, you should go back and get something
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

i always thought it was can't hit it.

now i'm gonna hear kennedy :lol::lol:
  • Options
    you know they werent real ferraris right??? just a fibreglass shell over some bitch cars chassis.

They had one real one, but they obviously didn't wreck it, or use it in any shots in which it might get damaged. They had reproductions yes, but they had a real one. The real one sold for something like 11 million dollars a few years ago.
  • Options

They had one real one, but they obviously didn't wreck it, or use it in any shots in which it might get damaged. They had reproductions yes, but they had a real one. The real one sold for something like 11 million dollars a few years ago.

if you say so satan.. all im saying is what i heard. and what you heard isnt what i heard. the drivers were bitching cause they handled like a wet blanket. and when zappa took it for a drive they couldnt restart it at first cause it was such a piece of shit. and when it fell out of the garage it didnt crumple like it shoulda cause fibreglass tears.. so ingeniusly they laid foliage over the body to hide the 'non damage'.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    "In the film, Ferris convinces Cameron to borrow his father's rare 1962 Ferrari GT California. "The insert shots of the Ferrari were of the real 250 GT California," Hughes explains in the DVD commentary, "The cars we used in the wide shots were obviously reproductions. There were only 100 of these cars, so it was way too expensive to destroy. We had a number of replicas made. They were pretty good, but for the tight shots I needed a real one, so we brought one in to the stage and shot the inserts with it."
  • Options
    from wiki
    In the film, Ferris convinces Cameron to borrow his father's rare 1962 Ferrari GT California. "The insert shots of the Ferrari were of the real 250 GT California," Hughes explains in the DVD commentary, "The cars we used in the wide shots were obviously reproductions. There were only 100 of these cars, so it was way too expensive to destroy. We had a number of replicas made. They were pretty good, but for the tight shots I needed a real one, so we brought one in to the stage and shot the inserts with it."[7]

Automobile restorationist Mark Goyette designed the kits for three reproductions used in the film and chronicled the whereabouts of the cars today: [20]

1."Built by Goyette and leased to Paramount for the filming. It's the one that jumps over the camera, and is used in almost every shot. At the end of filming, Paramount returned it to Goyette, with the exhaust crushed and cracks in the body. "There was quite a bit of superficial damage, but it held up amazingly well," he said. He rebuilt it, and sold it to a young couple in California. The husband later ran it off the road, and Goyette rebuilt the front end for him. That owner sold it in the mid-90s, and it turned up again around 2000, but hasn't emerged since."[20]
    2."Sold to Paramount as a kit for them to assemble as their stunt car, they did such a poor job that it was basically unusable, aside from going backwards out the window of Cameron's house. Rebuilt, it ended up at Planet Hollywood in Minneapolis and was moved to Planet Hollywood in Cancun when this one was closed."[20]
    3."Another kit, supposed to be built as a shell for the out the window scene, it was never completed at all, and disappeared after the film was completed. Goyette thinks he once heard it was eventually completed and sold off, but it could also still be in a back lot at Paramount."[20]
    The "replicar" was "universally hated by the crew," said Ruck. "It didn't work right." The scene in which Ferris turns off the car to leave it with the garage attendant had to be shot a dozen times because it would not start.[5] At the time of filming, the original 250 GT California model was worth $350,000.[5] Since the release of the film, it has become one of the most expensive cars ever sold, going at auction in 2008 for $10,976,000.[21] The vanity plate of Cameron's dad's Ferrari spells NRVOUS and the other plates seen in the film are homages to Hughes's earlier works, VCTN (National Lampoon's Vacation), TBC (The Breakfast Club), MMOM (Mr. Mom), as well as 4FBDO (Ferris Bueller's Day Off). One of the "replicars" was sold by Bonhams on April 19, 2010 at the Royal Air Force Museum at Hendon, United Kingdom for £79,600.[22][23]
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    "In the film, Ferris convinces Cameron to borrow his father's rare 1962 Ferrari GT California. "The insert shots of the Ferrari were of the real 250 GT California," Hughes explains in the DVD commentary, "The cars we used in the wide shots were obviously reproductions. There were only 100 of these cars, so it was way too expensive to destroy. We had a number of replicas made. They were pretty good, but for the tight shots I needed a real one, so we brought one in to the stage and shot the inserts with it."

okay if john hughes said it then who am i to challenge a dead man?? ;) :P 8-) that being said what i heard came from hughes as well. anyhoo.. its no big thing.. point is cameron grew a pair by the end of the movie.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say