Options

NOT MY HOMETOWN: dear america

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    thumbnail.aspx?q=5002778484605065&id=2bdc9770c99a727c7f7232074a61a3d7

thats them. :mrgreen:

stemmed mason jar....brilliant :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I think these are called mason jars.

:lol:

cate needs to be introduced to 'shine...as always, best served from a mason jar :lol:8-)

no cate doesnt.. i dont even drink beer.. why would i drink something whose production is akin to crystal meth?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    thumbnail.aspx?q=5002778484605065&id=2bdc9770c99a727c7f7232074a61a3d7

thats them. :mrgreen:

stemmed mason jar....brilliant :lol::lol::lol:

i thought so. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    no cate doesnt.. i dont even drink beer.. why would i drink something whose production is akin to crystal meth?
    meth??? perhaps "eth", as in ethanol (aka spirits).
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    meth??? perhaps "eth", as in ethanol (aka spirits).

what i mean who the fuck knows what is put in either of them.. one you cook up in your kitchen.. the other you can ferment in your bath tub. either way im not buying. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    so last night i went to my first MLB game. cardinals vs the padres. cards won 6-3. sat in what is called the redbird club section somewhere along the first base line. got some cool pics of david freese and lance lynn.

a couple of interesting things... when beltran and freese hit their homers off the reservation they still had to run the bases. this is in contrast to cricket where a player hits it over the fence running the wicket isnt necessary. though i spose running the bases is quicker than having to run 6 lengths of a cricket pitch.

and the 2nd interesting thing is in the middle of the 9th innings, when the cards got the padres out they didnt have to bat cause no matter what they were gonna win the game anyways.

time for the phillies.

GO CARDS!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    so last night i went to my first MLB game. cardinals vs the padres. cards won 6-3. sat in what is called the redbird club section somewhere along the first base line. got some cool pics of david freese and lance lynn.

a couple of interesting things... when beltran and freese hit their homers off the reservation they still had to run the bases. this is in contrast to cricket where a player hits it over the fence running the wicket isnt necessary. though i spose running the bases is quicker than having to run 6 lengths of a cricket pitch.

and the 2nd interesting thing is in the middle of the 9th innings, when the cards got the padres out they didnt have to bat cause no matter what they were gonna win the game anyways.

time for the phillies.

GO CARDS!!!

silly austrilians. you really should have gone to wrigley. yeah, i get you don't like the cubs, but it would have been something to see.

so what is in st louis to keep you there so much. off the cities to spend a couple of weeks in, st louis isn't at the top of many lists.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    81 wrote:

time for the phillies.

GO CARDS!!!

silly austrilians. you really should have gone to wrigley. yeah, i get you don't like the cubs, but it would have been something to see.

so what is in st louis to keep you there so much. off the cities to spend a couple of weeks in, st louis isn't at the top of many lists.

maybe i can arrange it so that next time im in chicago the cubs are playing the cards. and by that i dont mean i have secret powers for dealing with the MLB. ;):lol: but you know who knows when i will be in chicago next. *shrugs*

i have friends here. plus you know you shouldnt sell st louis so short.. it may be the quietest city ive ever been to but its got history... and its quite conveniently located. plus it wasnt my intention to spend as much time here as i have. ed cancelling his solo tour and a big case of lack of motivation and disorganisation played a part too.

anyhoo yesterday i bought my train ticket back to LA to fly home next friday. i leave here wednesday.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:

time for the phillies.

GO CARDS!!!

Wait weren't you just there :think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    oh and i dont hate the cubs.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    hmm

i spent a day there in the spring. that was enough for me. :lol:

the friend thing trumps alot., but outside of that, i can name a dozen or two cities i'd visit before st louis.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

if you are going to be a cards fan, you need to learn to hate them.....plus it's fun :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    hmm

the friend thing trumps alot., but outside of that, i can name a dozen or two cities i'd visit before st louis.

Newark?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    hmm

Newark?

Gary, Ind.?
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    hmm

Newark?

Gary, Ind.?

Norm has been in Gary more than once, haven't ya?
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    hmm

Newark?

Gary, Ind.?

ive been through both of those. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    my yearly pilgrimage to the jackson family home
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    hmm

Newark?

no. :lol:

in no order

boston
    new york (as a tourist from around the world, i have no desire to go :lol: )
    philly
    DC
    charleston
    ashville
    chicago
    la
    seattle
    portland
    vegas
    denver
    new orleans
    san fran
    alburuerque
    east troy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    gary...shudder.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

if you are going to be a cards fan, you need to learn to hate them.....plus it's fun :lol:

how can it be fun to dump all over a team who for the life of them cant seem to get it together. if anything i feel sad for cubs fans. and chances are if not for the st louis connection id be a cubs fan... i like the colours. i have a soft spot for the mets as well.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    how can it be fun to dump all over a team who for the life of them cant seem to get it together.

have you met speedy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    no. :lol:

in no order

boston
    new york (as a tourist from around the world, i have no desire to go :lol: )
    philly
    DC
    charleston
    ashville
    chicago
    la
    seattle
    portland
    vegas
    denver
    new orleans
    san fran
    alburuerque
    east troy

albuquerque, seriously??

last week someone recommended kalamazoo, MI to me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

does this person like you? :shock: :? :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    how can it be fun to dump all over a team who for the life of them cant seem to get it together.

have you met speedy

havent had the pleasure.

we have a football team that are perennial losers like the cubs. theyre called the sharks. but their losing streak is only 45 years.. which is as long as theyve existed.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    desert southwest....yeah, i'd rather go there over st louis.

not sure why anyone would say kalamazoo? kelloggs is about the only thing there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:

everyone likes me norm. ;):lol::lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    norm wrote:

everyone likes me when i leave ;):lol::lol::lol:

#fact

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

not sure why anyone would say kalamazoo? kelloggs is about the only thing there.

thought kelloggs was in battle creek.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    norm wrote:

everyone likes me norm. ;):lol::lol::lol:

well then they are trying to pull a prank on you for sending you to michigan (at least the lp...the up is beautiful)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

thought kelloggs was in battle creek.

maybe....so even less reason to go to kalamazoo :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg