Options

NOT MY HOMETOWN: dear america

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    well america.. its been real.. sometimes a little too real... :lol:

this is my last night before i start the long trek home. 3 days on a train then i jump on a plane and will touch down in my beloved sydney on monday morning. ive got mixed feelings cause as much as i want to go home i feel like i need more time here... but i know ill be back... sooner than later and hopefully it wont clash with an oz rollins tour. 8-) behave you all and ill see you soon.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,946

this is my last night before i start the long trek home. 3 days on a train then i jump on a plane and will touch down in my beloved sydney on monday morning. ive got mixed feelings cause as much as i want to go home i feel like i need more time here... but i know ill be back... sooner than later and hopefully it wont clash with an oz rollins tour. 8-) behave you all and ill see you soon.

Safe travels cate :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

thanx 5th

p.s. i saw a chipmunk today.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,946

thanx 5th

Aren't they adorable? :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

thanx 5th

Aren't they adorable? :mrgreen:

theyre quite teeny and very quick.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

Have a great and safe trip home! It was great to meet you and hope to see you again. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:

Have a great and safe trip home! It was great to meet you and hope to see you again. :)

next time im in the PNW. 8-)

i was crazy to think 2 days in seattle would be enough... but i blame ryan adams. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    there really is no place like home. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ... who of you all has seen a band at the metro??? i want to know what its like as a venue and what the area around it is like.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    ... who of you all has seen a band at the metro??? i want to know what its like as a venue and what the area around it is like.

Very cool venue. Probably my favorite venue in Chicago. It's right by Wrigley Field, so there are a ton of bars and that sort of thing right around there.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i love my new shirt... :D

illini.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

illini.jpg
    Thats racist
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    81 wrote:

illini.jpg
    Thats racist
    i love it!!!!!,im not rasist..so all ok..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Very cool venue. Probably my favorite venue in Chicago. It's right by Wrigley Field, so there are a ton of bars and that sort of thing right around there.

cool. thank you for the info. :thumbup:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sounds like a storm is a brewing in chicagoland....what's the time frame i should be looking at to get out of dodge and miss storm de cate
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    may 17 thereabouts.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    may 17 thereabouts.

duly noted. :lol:

what are the travel destinations this time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    may 17 thereabouts.

duly noted. :lol:

what are the travel destinations this time

st louis... jacksonville,FL... tampa... chicago... memphis and either LA or NY(havent decided yet)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    so... ill be travelling from cincinatti to jacksonville FL. to kill time i need to make a stop over. im thinking ashville. any thoughts???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Ashville is awesome, Cate, highly recommend it!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Ashville is awesome, Cate, highly recommend it!

good to hear... yours is the second recommendation for asheville ive gotten so....
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    what mode of transportation will you be taking this time Cate?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Loved your reports from the road. Do we get more this time? :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    what mode of transportation will you be taking this time Cate?

ill be greyhounding again between st louis and my east of the mississippi journeys cause its just so darn convenient and cheap. i know i said never again but where i want to be when i want to be there is a bit tight time wise and greyhound enables to me to pack my itinerary solid.

oh and memphis is off the itinerary... as is NYC unfortunately. im going to nashville instead.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Loved your reports from the road. Do we get more this time? :D

i think i can get my handlers to agree to a commentary. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Just noticed this thread,read every post.What and amazing experience you must have had cate :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Just noticed this thread,read every post.What and amazing experience you must have had cate :D

it was. as always happens whilst travelling, there were things on my list i didnt get to see. but i saw the mississippi 3 times at least in 2 different states... i saw the missouri multiple times in at least 3 states. i know this might not sound like such abig thing to americans(or anyone else for that matter) but both these river shave been a aprt of my psyche for quite a long time. i think the only body of water thatd thrill me as much to see would be chesapeake bay.

purely by happenstance i came across a frank gehry buildingi n chicago i was previously unaware of.. tho im thinking i knew it existed just not that it was in chicago.. i also walked straight past another of his buildings in both LA and NYC and was totally oblivious to the fact until after i got home. i was also so close to one in boston that had i known it existed i would definately made a detour. but i knowingly sought out 5 of his buildings so it was a win anyway. what this tells me is next time i have to broaden my research and dont flit over pages that might just hold some gem.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    stargirl69 wrote:

it was. as always happens whilst travelling, there were things on my list i didnt get to see. but i saw the mississippi 3 times at least in 2 different states... i saw the missouri multiple times in at least 3 states. i know this might not sound like such abig thing to americans(or anyone else for that matter) but both these river shave been a aprt of my psyche for quite a long time. i think the only body of water thatd thrill me as much to see would be chesapeake bay.

purely by happenstance i came across a frank gehry buildingi n chicago i was previously unaware of.. tho im thinking i knew it existed just not that it was in chicago.. i also walked straight past another of his buildings in both LA and NYC and was totally oblivious to the fact until after i got home. i was also so close to one in boston that had i known it existed i would definately made a detour. but i knowingly sought out 5 of his buildings so it was a win anyway. what this tells me is next time i have to broaden my research and dont flit over pages that might just hold some gem.
    chesapeake is a sight to see. The have this tunnel/bridge combo deal. Crazy. But just stunning in its breadth. Whenever you do have the opportunity.........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    so it seems a spanner has been thrown in the works by eddie vedder. :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    passport.. check