Options

NOT MY HOMETOWN: dear america

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:
    sounds like a fun little adventrue...althouogh, i would prefer to drive vs. busing. :? weirdo's on the buses. :lol:

fyi, Union Station has lockers if you need to stash stuff while you go out.

and amtrak always runs late...count on it....

i assume you are hitting pittsburg on the way back west..not sure how long you are there, but if you have the time...hit up the church brew pub.

pittsburgh??? :lol: do you even know the geography of your country??? a train from boston going to chicago is not going to travel through pittsburgh. it goes through albany, buffalo and cleveland.

thanx on the locker situ.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    What day/time were you changing busses in Columbus? I swear I felt a cold chill go up my spine!!!!! :mrgreen:

SO it seems your little adventure has given you a bit of everything?

enjoy the train ride back west. You'll have more freedom of movement while getting to see more of the countryside as opposed to just the interstate.

yesterday(monday night) during the witching hour.

ive seen a lot of countryside despite the bus sticking to the interstates. utah is like another planet.. dropping down into pennsylvania was just magical with the valleys full of mist... seeing the NY skyline is always a thrill... heck even hoboken has its ups. and please do not get me started on coming into seattle, there just arent enough words.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    coming into seattle is out of control. it is exciting and blood pumping when snowing raining mix of shit in the dark bumper to bumper mountains and trees

utah is incredible
    moab, hole in the rock
    a very different place

mist in PA.
    that is awesome too

Cate, you are filled with adventure
    nicely done
    you just get right in there and go for it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    life is for living chad. and it aint gonna come to you so you have to go out there and shake it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    life is for living chad. and it aint gonna come to you so you have to go out there and shake it.

and life too
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    sounds like a fun little adventrue...althouogh, i would prefer to drive vs. busing. :? weirdo's on the buses. :lol:

i assume you are hitting pittsburg on the way back west..not sure how long you are there, but if you have the time...hit up the church brew pub.

pittsburgh??? :lol: do you even know the geography of your country??? a train from boston going to chicago is not going to travel through pittsburgh. it goes through albany, buffalo and cleveland.

pssstt....there is more than one way to get from the east coast to chicago on a train. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,000
    Rollings wrote:

and life too
    :mrgreen::lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

pssstt....there is more than one way to get from the east coast to chicago on a train. ;)

not from boston using amtrak. its the lake shore limited or nothing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

you would be incorrect. ;)

the lakeshore limited maybe the most direct route, but there are other ways.

boston to NYC, NYC to pittsburgh, pittsburgh to chicago. ;)

btw, when you stop in Bryan, make sure you jump out and take a look at my hometown...not that there is much to see by the train station. :lol:

anyways...have a good trip...outside of the bus's, sounds like a lot of fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    thank you, cate.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    81 wrote:

btw, when you stop in Bryan, make sure you jump out and take a look at my hometown...not that there is much to see by the train station. :lol:

:lol:

what a shocker youd bring in indirect routes. :roll:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    just watched 'the town'.. going to boston tomorrow. cant wait... alongside seattle, this is the one town i feel an affinity for.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    just watched 'the town'.. going to boston tomorrow. cant wait... alongside seattle, this is the one town i feel an affinity for.

It's a great city
  • Options
    81 wrote:

outside of train swapping, it's not really that indirect....if you want to go indirect, we can send you to NY, down to Washington, before heading to Pittsburg and all points west. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

outside of train swapping, it's not really that indirect....if you want to go indirect, we can send you to NY, down to Washington, before heading to Pittsburg and all points west. ;)

:roll:

yes and i can get to chicago from LA by going via new orleans too.. but im not gonna.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    BOSTON.. so full of history my ears were bleeding.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    when are you making your way to arkansas?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    when are you making your way to arkansas?

when hell freezes over. :lol:

not this trip chad. next time im thinking of coming east via the south... shoot north from new orleans to st louis then onto new england... but then again i want to see the carolinas and DC so... so many decisions...
    8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:roll:

yes and i can get to chicago from LA by going via new orleans too.. but im not gonna.

that's a little bit extreme don't you think. :lol:

are you in chicago yet?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

are you in chicago yet?

ill be there thursday...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    81 wrote:

are you in chicago yet?

ill be there thursday...

i'll see you then. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

are you in chicago yet?

ill be there thursday...

i'll see you then. ;)

not if i see you first. :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Did you meet anybody from this lovely forum in your travels? Did ya?
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:

yes i did. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    fucking hell chicago!!! what do you mean the interstate train system is totally separate from the metro system?? thats the most absurd thing ive come across on my travels.. and ive seen squirrels. american football and a hair metal cover band. how the fuck am i suppose to find my way to wrigley field???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    and the sunglasses make their appearance....!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,185
    Rollings wrote:

yes i did. 8-)
    must have been some pretty cool people :)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,000
    fucking hell chicago!!! what do you mean the interstate train system is totally separate from the metro system?? thats the most absurd thing ive come across on my travels.. and ive seen squirrels. american football and a hair metal cover band. how the fuck am i suppose to find my way to wrigley field???
    Take a cab or call on Speedy!!!! He gives a hell of a tour. Just ask Dimi!!! I would have said ask the baby but I dont think he's old enough to drive! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Take a cab or call on Speedy!!!! He gives a hell of a tour. Just ask Dimi!!! I would have said ask the baby but I dont think he's old enough to drive! :mrgreen:

public transport systems are my thing... ill figure it out cause its what i do and i know it cant be that difficult... it just seems inconvenient.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:

yes i did. 8-)
    must have been some pretty cool people :)

the coolest. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say