Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    SHOULD this happen, There will be a pre order for this too and there will be people that won't buy it in time for this as well. and you know what....

they will STILL complain its not fair.

:roll: Exhausting

there wouldn't be a problem and we wouldn't have this thread if they didn't limit the number of copies available and it should be limit one per 10 club member!
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    so i am going to buy the standard edition (online i guess since barnes and noble are not in canada).

wish i could buy it in a store where you can normally purchase dvds and not pay for shipping

why not buy it in store? your local hmv sell out?
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    SHOULD this happen, There will be a pre order for this too and there will be people that won't buy it in time for this as well. and you know what....

they will STILL complain its not fair.

:roll: Exhausting

there wouldn't be a problem and we wouldn't have this thread if they didn't limit the number of copies available and it should be limit one per 10 club member!

limiting is totally fine, but limited to number of pre-orders is how they should have done it, like they normally do!
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    so i am going to buy the standard edition (online i guess since barnes and noble are not in canada).

wish i could buy it in a store where you can normally purchase dvds and not pay for shipping

because they told me in their email that i can only buy it online here, thru amazon or at barnes and noble or best buy. they apparently aren't selling it at HMV.

Sorry, i didn't see the best buy option to get the hard copy...i can try there

and imo.....a rare footage dvd/blu-ray should not be limited...it's a must have
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

• Options
    SIGNED
  • Options
    It really makes no sense not to make this material available in some format to the fans.

This is such a no-brainer. Remember the old bootleg market before all the live releases? They are now refueling that same old market. Talk about a regression in music distribution practices. Very head shaking from this band and it's staff.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I'll sign this. Personally I think this petition has more chance of success than most......
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:

because they told me in their email that i can only buy it online here, thru amazon or at barnes and noble or best buy. they apparently aren't selling it at HMV.

Sorry, i didn't see the best buy option to get the hard copy...i can try there

and imo.....a rare footage dvd/blu-ray should not be limited...it's a must have

yeah hmv carries it, store stock says there are 3 left in the burnaby store? prob sold out at the burrard location?

pretty sure that hmv are the only ones selling it in canada at the moment? or as of last week.

http://hmv.ca/Stores/StoreStock.aspx?SKU=634210
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    thanks for the info. i guess they assumed i was in the states. i'll check it tomorrow. need dvd tho. i haven't bought it because i was holding out for solid news on this deluxe set. will also check best buy
    Post edited by hell_man_made on

• Options
    thanks for the info. i guess they assumed i was in the states. i'll check it tomorrow. i haven't bought it because i was holding out for solid news on this deluxe set

yeah i was holding out to but then said f it. ill still buy the deluxe if i get the chance, im a sucker :)

oh and it says that its a 2brd? if that is suppose to mean 2 blu ray discs, its not, its only one.
  • Options
    Dear 10club,

The list is at what, nearly 400 people? Order 500 more copies or so at least and then we will shut up. Both blu ray and dvd. :D

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    pluswon
  • Options
    JK3558JK3558 Posts: 10
    i sent 10c an email to 10c...they said no plans to press more copies and they're sold out (no shit)

i am still so pissed off and have lost lots of faith in this club....i am going to force myself to believe that this whole fiasco was not from the guys but from the 10 club staff

i have lost my mood to purchase any more merch (besides upcoming records/tickets of course)

i pay membership fees each year for 13 years and i get this slap in the face that an important collector's item can't be purchased because it was limited and sold to peeps who may not have even been members, who don't pay shit, and who could buy multiple copies of this to flip or do whatever the fuck with them

i am a paying customer, have spent more this year than ever on the band, and this is the thanks for your business i get???

so fucking disappointed.... :( :shock: :evil:

let's make this the biggest fucking thread EVER on this site

I feel your pain. I too have been a 10c member forever.

I don't "live" on this site or forum, because I'm busy doing charitable work of my own through my job, which also takes up a lot of time. These are things I think the band would support, charitable work, but because I'm not able to be in the "know" when things go up....I've missed the opportunity to purchase everything limited (backpacks, vinyls, posters, Vault CD, etc.) Fuck those things though, because they are only collectibles which mean nothing in the scheme of life.

But movies take a life of their own, bond people together, cause action, make us laugh and cry. To make a movie a "limited edition" is messed up. I will not pay scalper prices for it, and will hopefully find it for download or on the cheap later. If anything, history has shown me that prices for "collectible movies" will inevitably drop when the interest wanes or the next medium comes along.
    Here's hoping the 10C/band do the right thing and repress more copies for all that want this.

Restless souls unite.
  • Options
    JK3558 wrote:
    i sent 10c an email to 10c...they said no plans to press more copies and they're sold out (no shit)

i am still so pissed off and have lost lots of faith in this club....i am going to force myself to believe that this whole fiasco was not from the guys but from the 10 club staff

i have lost my mood to purchase any more merch (besides upcoming records/tickets of course)

i pay membership fees each year for 13 years and i get this slap in the face that an important collector's item can't be purchased because it was limited and sold to peeps who may not have even been members, who don't pay shit, and who could buy multiple copies of this to flip or do whatever the fuck with them

i am a paying customer, have spent more this year than ever on the band, and this is the thanks for your business i get???

so fucking disappointed.... :( :shock: :evil:

let's make this the biggest fucking thread EVER on this site

I feel your pain. I too have been a 10c member forever.

I don't "live" on this site or forum, because I'm busy doing charitable work of my own through my job, which also takes up a lot of time. These are things I think the band would support, charitable work, but because I'm not able to be in the "know" when things go up....I've missed the opportunity to purchase everything limited (backpacks, vinyls, posters, Vault CD, etc.) Fuck those things though, because they are only collectibles which mean nothing in the scheme of life.

But movies take a life of their own, bond people together, cause action, make us laugh and cry. To make a movie a "limited edition" is messed up. I will not pay scalper prices for it, and will hopefully find it for download or on the cheap later. If anything, history has shown me that prices for "collectible movies" will inevitably drop when the interest wanes or the next medium comes along.
    Here's hoping the 10C/band do the right thing and repress more copies for all that want this.

Restless souls unite.
    It's so frustrating - and a lot of us are in the same boat (been a 10c member for 10-11 years). I take responsibility for my reason's I couldn't preorder this in time (although I wasn't aware of it's contents, or it's non-limitations for purchasing (and *how* limited it actually was)).

I think, though, the most unbelievable part is a lot of dedicated fans missed out on this Deluxe Edition which contains "The Kids Are 20" - which was Cameron Crowes ORIGINAL IDEA FOR THE FILM. This was NOT common knowledge (as far as I know) during the presale. This, imho, is inexcusable. (I have other issues with no limits, not having to be a 10c member, etc. But 10c has the right to sell however they choose). But not making 10c member aware of the situation for this release, makes this feel really not fair to 10c members. I can't buy every deluxe edition - and it's great all the special stuff the 10c puts out there for us - but the one historical release for this band and so many 10c members shut out...how can this be???
    (and no, I'm not interested in paying iTunes $17.99 to watch it on my computer - and I don't have Apple TV. The sound and quality (Blu-Ray) is how this was intended (similar to a theater) - like the screenings)

There's got to be a way to make this right for 10c members...begging to buy this wonderful celebration of 20 years of PJ - their (our) band.

my .02
    Thank you.
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    the 'Pearl Jam Twenty' Blu-ray is a Best Buy exclusive until late December. The only other way to get your hands on the Blu-ray until then is via the band's fan club (The Ten Club), which offers an exclusive and gorgeous Blu-ray package that is not and will not be available in stores.

This is a HUGE site BTW

The world knew about this fan exclusive limited edition 3 disc set.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5939/pj_20.html

Question 1 this was a review posted October 26th. Wasn't it sold out by then?
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    pjampjam Posts: 101
    Count me in for another copy!
    09/13/98+08/29/00+11/05/00+11/06/00+12/08/02+
    12/09/02+06/01/03+06/02/03+06/03/03+06/05/03+
    06/06/03+06/07/03+07/02/03+07/03/03+07/08/03+
    07/09/03+07/11/03+07/14/03+09/28/04+09/29/04+
    10/01/04+10/08/04+10/03/05+05/13/06+05/24/06+
    05/25/06+ As many more as possible
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    JQ65309 wrote:
    It's so frustrating - and a lot of us are in the same boat (been a 10c member for 10-11 years). I take responsibility for my reason's I couldn't preorder this in time (although I wasn't aware of it's contents, or it's non-limitations for purchasing (and *how* limited it actually was)).

I think, though, the most unbelievable part is a lot of dedicated fans missed out on this Deluxe Edition which contains "The Kids Are 20" - which was Cameron Crowes ORIGINAL IDEA FOR THE FILM. This was NOT common knowledge (as far as I know) during the presale. This, imho, is inexcusable. (I have other issues with no limits, not having to be a 10c member, etc. But 10c has the right to sell however they choose). But not making 10c member aware of the situation for this release, makes this feel really not fair to 10c members. I can't buy every deluxe edition - and it's great all the special stuff the 10c puts out there for us - but the one historical release for this band and so many 10c members shut out...how can this be???
    (and no, I'm not interested in paying iTunes $17.99 to watch it on my computer - and I don't have Apple TV. The sound and quality (Blu-Ray) is how this was intended (similar to a theater) - like the screenings)

There's got to be a way to make this right for 10c members...begging to buy this wonderful celebration of 20 years of PJ - their (our) band.

my .02
    Thank you.

Awesome 7th post well spoken :)
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    JQ65309 wrote:

my .02
    Thank you.

Awesome 7th post well spoken :)

It was abundantly clear what The Kids Are 20 was about long before Ten Club listed it...
    It was in many of his interviews too.

If it's any consolation the video quality in a lot of parts isn't up to snuff.
    Lots of digitized video footage, even some of HD shot stuff. End of Bu$hleaguer is horrible at best!

Disc 3 is almost unwatchable a second time cause of the content, except for Hunger Strike which is unreal!!
    I wanna stab myself in the face listening to that Dr. give his statistical analysis which is flawed with errors.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Jeff side wrote:

It was abundantly clear what The Kids Are 20 was about long before Ten Club listed it...

Lots of digitized video footage, even some of HD shot stuff. End of Bu$hleaguer is horrible at best!

Disc 3 is almost unwatchable a second time cause of the content, except for Hunger Strike which is unreal!!
    I wanna stab myself in the face listening to that Dr. give his statistical analysis which is flawed with errors.

Are you being serious?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Jeff side wrote:

Are you being serious?

Yes
  • Options
    PurlyjemPurlyjem Posts: 126
    If this is an official petition to get the deluxe DVD's back in the goods again, please count my vote!
    I know the DVD was available for nearly a month, but some of us just don't have the money right away to buy these things. I already spent thousands of dollars on Pearl Jam goodies over these last 20 years. Now there are lots of other costs to consider. But, I still would love to have all 3 discs in some official release, so it would be great if these come in stock again in the future. In the mean time, I am happy with just the normal DVD movie!
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    Jeff side wrote:

Welcome Back Jeffside....
    hahaha @the Dr stuff saw that on FB awhile ago... time I will never get back..
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Jeff side wrote:

Welcome Back Jeffside....
    hahaha @the Dr stuff saw that on FB awhile ago... time I will never get back..

Hey, I never left... Just took a 2 day blu-ray break.

Let me clarify, disc 2 is awesome but you guys ain't missing much on disc 3.
    I'll wear out disc 2 while disc 1 & disc 3 will just collect dust.
  • Options
    Jeff side wrote:
    Hey, I never left... Just took a 2 day blu-ray break.

Let me clarify, disc 2 is awesome but you guys ain't missing much on disc 3.
    I'll wear out disc 2 while disc 1 & disc 3 will just collect dust.

Well, I would like to be able to watch each disc

• Options
    as i sit here and click through the several ebay listings, i'm just feeling very discouraged and sad. descriptions of the dvd say that disc 3 is for the "die hard fans". the whole package is for the die-hard fan. i just can't believe this was offered to everyone and their grandmother before it was exclusively offered to the club members first. in general i can't knock someone for high-balling the sale of their item but it's pretty eye-opening to realize that i'd have to pay upwards to 4 or $500 for this item. i feel very let down by the club.

ok that's all, time for work.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    BB29347 wrote:
    And is the iTunes version in 1080p? I'm not familiar. My kids probably are. So, maybe, I'll ask them. ;)

Just FYI the PJ20 Blu-ray is 1080i, not 1080p.

What? Are you sure? Then, why bother? Wow. Just saved folks some money. Now folks can just buy the DVD and have it up convert via a Blu Ray with the same effect.

I find that hard to believe. Can someone confirm? Perhaps just the extra stuff is 1080i (which would still seem weird). There is a 1080p version of the base movie. I saw it via pay per view.

My BluRay copy from BestBuy plays at 1080p. Original poster may have his settings wrong or his display only handles 1080i. By the way i stands for interlaced. Meaning the lines of pixels interlace to project the image. At 10' the human eye cannot discern between 720p and 1080
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    Up to 394 signatures now. At this stage, I'm not even pissed off or disappointed anymore about missing out on it. I've just got a very sour taste in my mouth from the whole Ten Club "experience".
  • Options
    RVCJJ3J wrote:
    What? Are you sure? Then, why bother? Wow. Just saved folks some money. Now folks can just buy the DVD and have it up convert via a Blu Ray with the same effect.

I find that hard to believe. Can someone confirm? Perhaps just the extra stuff is 1080i (which would still seem weird). There is a 1080p version of the base movie. I saw it via pay per view.

My BluRay copy from BestBuy plays at 1080p. Original poster may have his settings wrong or his display only handles 1080i. By the way i stands for interlaced. Meaning the lines of pixels interlace to project the image. At 10' the human eye cannot discern between 720p and 1080

Thanks for that clarification. I figured that. However, on my 60"/240Hz TV, I can tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p (let alone 720) from 15+ feet away. I've seen both versions of PJ20 (p on pay per view and i on pbs), there's a difference on my tv. On smaller tv's, I agree. Sometimes on my 22" tvs, I can't tell the difference between 480 (or whatever that lowest on is) and 1080 (I may be exaggerating a bit here). But, on a 60"/240Hz tv with a 5 channel bose sound system, you tell the difference in both visual and sound. As with all things in life, equipment (and size) matters. ;):lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Up to 394 signatures now. At this stage, I'm not even pissed off or disappointed anymore about missing out on it. I've just got a very sour taste in my mouth from the whole Ten Club "experience".

U cant even get the kids are 20 on itunes in Australia....

Still wished I hadnt missed out, but even if they came up now I dont even know if I could afford it still....
    I guess this time I would just splurge without thinking I cant afford this atm..
  • Options

Thanks for that clarification. I figured that. However, on my 60"/240Hz TV, I can tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p (let alone 720) from 15+ feet away. I've seen both versions of PJ20 (p on pay per view and i on pbs), there's a difference on my tv. On smaller tv's, I agree. Sometimes on my 22" tvs, I can't tell the difference between 480 (or whatever that lowest on is) and 1080 (I may be exaggerating a bit here). But, on a 60"/240Hz tv with a 5 channel bose sound system, you tell the difference in both visual and sound. As with all things in life, equipment (and size) matters. ;):lol:

I'd be happy to watch it on my 9yr old Samsung telly that weighs a tonne.....