Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    Sounds weird when I need to keep asking this club to LET me spend more money on their stuff......and it seems like it's happening more often now.......more Deluxe Blu Ray, more backpacks, more posters, more vinyl, more of everything that SELLS...for evidence just look at the retro shirts released for PJ20 and all the positive feedback that they're offered again - I bought 2 of my fav of all time (Boundless) just cuz I thought it was limited!!!

Please re-stock!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I don't necessarily want them to restock the special edition, I would just like to get a chance to purchase discs 2 and 3. I got the PJ20 Blu-Ray from Amazon here in Europe, and the fact that the disc has a big "1" printed on it means that surely it should be possible to make discs two and three available. I can't even purchase The Kids Are Twenty on iTunes, because it's only available in North America! That just doesn't seem fair...
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    If they don't restock it, they (10C) are just asking for it to be pirated. It would be very stupid, and very bad business not to. Also, there are just gonna be assholes re-selling it on ebay for like $400 bucks or something. This is really, really confusing, and did I mention stupid?
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
  • Options
    Ive been sorta out of the loop with work and wasnt aware that the deluxe edition was limited so i missed it. oh well im sure it will pop up on a torrent site, so ill just grab it there and buy the regular version when i do my xmas shopping.
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    given2jam wrote:
    Count me in. I cannot understand why this item was limited to begin with. It is like being at a show and only a limited part of the crowd becomes one with the band rather than the entire crowd. Does it sound like a good show?

In my opinion, I think any one at any time should be entitled to purchase this item. If you’re at a show and you miss out on getting a poster that day, then that is a different matter. It is funny that it is only the limited edition that contains a disc dedicated to the fans. It just seems like there is something wrong with this picture.

I think when any item becomes limited, the true value of the item is lost and instead becomes more about the money. I guess purchasing it for $500.00 on E bay is reasonable while supplies last. Can you say green disease? It is like the wealth is being spread onto the size of a pin, but still I wonder. Hopefully in writing this, our voices are heard and that our votes will count for something. Really, how much difference does it make?

:clap:
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    JH10467 wrote:
    JH10467 wrote:
    I bought my set and I really don't care if they sell more but I don't think they should. It was marketed as limited, yes I know that could be 1 million but it wasn't 1 million and it sold out. That should be the end of it. I think it would set a bad precident to sell more.

This is a thread to sign a petition.

So if you don't want to kindly support your fellow 10c members who weren't as lucky as you by signing the petition, then start your own thread to protest the petition

would you feel the same way if you didn't get the set? You don't think this is something all paying 10c members should be able to own????

I'd buy the Blu from Best Buy and hope the 10 club sells the other discs later. If not then I'd have no one else to blame but myself. If I knew it was limited and I waited then shame on me. If I wanted a $100 laptop(advertised as limited) on black friday I'd damn sure get in line early instead of showing up the next day and complaining it was sold out.

Good luck with your pettition but as I said earlier in this thread, all people want are the extra discs...why not pettition that they get sold instead of a limited edition item that has sold out? I'd think you'd have better luck with that.

my point is that it SHOULDN"T have been LIMITED
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    I am still just wondering if there was a clause with Best Buy? They are not even selling a blu ray copy on the goods. Hopefully there is something in the pipeline but if there is a deal. Then there is really nothing we can do until the band has the power to release more of the sets and sell them through 10c.
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    hearing this is something worth watching from those who have seen it so

bump.

• Options
    HILDEHILDE Posts: 130
    Signed.

Limited edition (could care less) or not...I just want to see the darn movie extras.
  • Options
    MO195132 wrote:
    $500 on ebay!!!
    Wow, I bought 3 Deluxe DVD sets.
    I should just throw one of those on there.

You bought 3deluxe DVD sets? Am I reading this right? I just want 1 if everyone was buying more than one no wonder they are sold out
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    MO195132 wrote:
    $500 on ebay!!!
    Wow, I bought 3 Deluxe DVD sets.
    I should just throw one of those on there.

Why did u buy 3? ... just curious :)
  • Options
    Sarcastic comment or a flipper or bought early Christmas gifts?

• Options
    redkeeth wrote:
    I am still just wondering if there was a clause with Best Buy? They are not even selling a blu ray copy on the goods. Hopefully there is something in the pipeline but if there is a deal. Then there is really nothing we can do until the band has the power to release more of the sets and sell them through 10c.

If it's a clause with Best Buy and Pearl Jam is remaining silent on the issue then they are huge hypocrites for admonishing big business with one hand and openly embracing the worst aspects of it with the other.
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    I just want the 10c to know: I'm not buying the standard version. It's the deluxe or nothing. Just print more! Supply...demand.

I second that whole-heartedly!
    yeah, same here, I'm really not interested in single version
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    :!: signed
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    As I said before, I can't understand why this wasn't 1 per person. If it was a genuine limited edition then it wouldn't have been. It's the start of a new month now and I don't know why I'm even bothering with this anymore. Still no *official* word from the club. And what I mean by *official* is a message posted here to us, for all of us to read, saying that there will be more or they won't be more. It's still up in goods as well. Why?
    C'mon, just put us out of our misery and tell us, "no, we're not making anymore" or "yes, we're are making another print". At least then I can go through my collection and see what I'll have to end up trading for it... :roll:
  • Options
    redkeeth wrote:

If it's a clause with Best Buy and Pearl Jam is remaining silent on the issue then they are huge hypocrites for admonishing big business with one hand and openly embracing the worst aspects of it with the other.

When exactly was the last time PJ admonished big business? Can we please stop living in 1996? PJ has. It's easy to be idealistic when you're 25 and have very little responsibility. Quite another when your 45 and have a wife, 2 children and a lot of "employees" that depend on you.

There is nothing wrong with growing up.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Hurry, only a little over 7 hours left for the $500 version on ebay!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Guys, aren't you even a little bit tempted??
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    Signed!
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Signed
  • Options
    Signed! 10-Club, please restock! :!:
    10/5/04 St. Louis
    5/3/10 Kansas City
    5/4/10 St. Louis
    8/28/10 Little Rock - EV solo w/ guests
  • Options
    gw246601gw246601 Ontario Posts: 17
    +1
  • Options
    Signed
  • Options
    Please restock it tenclub, please

Slane 93

Dublin 96

Dublin 00

Hamilton 05

Dublin 06

Poland 07 London 07

West Palm Beach 08 Tampa 08

Berlin 09 Manchester 09 London 09

Dublin 10 Belfast 10

Manchester 12 1+2

Leeds 14 Milton Keynes14

EV Manchester 12

EV Dublin 17

Mirrorball Dublin 95

• Options
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to ship the 3rd disc 'The Fans Are Alright' to ALL active fan club members instead of the LP for that year (seems like that is becoming more difficult each year to get out anyway - I just got mine last week and if it's a xmas single it's almost 1 year late anyway).

Those are the only people in the world that actually want to watch 80+ min of fan love for a band.

Then sell double discs (in blu ray and dvd) as the only version for sale to all.

Am I right on this? Or wrong?

Ten Club you should hire me as fan consultant (and I'll work for free as well).
  • Options
    bump (375 people now signed)
  • Options
    bump!

i'll never give up.
  • Options
    bump back onto the first page
  • Options
    signed!
    2009 - Shephards Bush, Manchester, London
    2010 - Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 - Manchester 1+2, Berlin 1+2, Stockholm, Oslo