Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    it's probably still in the Goods section as a placeholder. it's either going to fall away soon or we'll be told that another batch is in the works. i do think though that the fact it hasn't fallen away yet is a VERY VERY good sign. and if sales do open up again i wouldn't be surprised if there's a structured approach the next time. maybe Ten Club members only, 1 per person, etc....yes yes yes, the way it should have been.

i gotta say though that in nearly all cases the Club will make up for unforeseen mishaps such as this one. it happens and it's happened before.

keeping my fingers crossed that at this very moment the Club admins are working up more of these for us!

TEN CLUB, TEN CLUB, TEN CLUB, TEN CLUB!!!

here's a question: is there any situation in which someone who ordered one or more of these, could somehow cancel their order after the fact, or the transaction be denied somehow, thus cancelling the order and allowing for the product to be re-sold to someone else? i could see Undeliverable Mail being sent back to the Ten Club.......ya never know.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    first page bump
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    as someone who was lucky enough to get the deluxe and has watched it, I really think they should press another round of these. it is a must have for any 10C member and discs 2 and 3 are just as good as the film itself.

good luck everyone.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    thats cool one went for half a G and another one is well on its way god bless the Bay!
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    ive already bought the standard edition blu ray in store, but i would still like the special edition... hear that pearl jam, i will buy it twice!! :P

im signing again
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    first page bump

:D
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    redkeeth wrote:
    thats cool one went for half a G and another one is well on its way god bless the Bay!

To be honest, I'm more disappointed in the people who bid on it than the people who are selling it. Why would anyone feel the need to spend that amount on 3 Blu Ray discs? It's insane. I hope the club see these auctions and feel some remorse for what they've created with this situation.
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    redkeeth wrote:

To be honest, I'm more disappointed in the people who bid on it than the people who are selling it. Why would anyone feel the need to spend that amount on 3 Blu Ray discs? It's insane. I hope the club see these auctions and feel some remorse for what they've created with this situation.

yup
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    redkeeth wrote:

they would rather have the DVD than the $500-you can always earn another $500, but you cant always buy another deluxe set

If I have a couple hundred grand in the bank, why cant I spend $500 if I want to?
  • Options
    Come on 10C ,...hope you're listening !! 1000 posts !
  • Options
    Signed!!! Please PJ/Ten Club, restock for the Jamily!!!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    redkeeth wrote:

they would rather have the DVD than the $500-you can always earn another $500, but you cant always buy another deluxe set

If I have a couple hundred grand in the bank, why cant I spend $500 if I want to?

Even if I was a millionaire, I wouldn't spend $500 on three DVDs. But that's just me.
  • Options
    is there any situation in which someone who ordered one or more of these, could somehow cancel their order after the fact, or the transaction be denied somehow, thus cancelling the order and allowing for the product to be re-sold to someone else? i could see Undeliverable Mail being sent back to the Ten Club.......ya never know.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    I created a post today asking for someone to burn their copy of the deluxe version (all 3 discs) so I can borrow, watch & send back (that way nothing illegal would occur... guessing it's legal to do that lol), however it doesn't look like my post made it through the "North Korean Censor" so I'm hoping they're approach is... "don't bother posting this, we're about to release another batch for the holiday season and give this loyal and honorable fan (and other fans) an opportunity to purchase the set once more..."

PLEASE, LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY TO SUPPORT THE BAND I LOVE MOST!!! :P
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Bump..
  • Options
    Sign me up.
    Please restock the Blu-Ray 3 disc version. It doesn't have to be limited edition this time, we all just want the chance to watch and own these films made for the fans.
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    IMO.. these blu-ray/dvd's should be accessible to ALL fans... ESPECIALLY a fan dedicated video. ??? Making that specific dvd a limited edition makes me scratch my head. I love this fan club, and I understand why some products are "limited". This dvd situation however is senseless and fixable, especially since the Best Buy situation is going on as well. Instead of leaving a bad taste in the mouth of long time fans, isn't there something that can be done to make some peace about the issue?? I urge the 10c to take into consideration..

1) these financial times (at $70..please realize a lot of us were saving up to buy the special edition dvd)
    2) limiting these dvd's will just encourage and increase their piracy

This movie was made to celebrate the legacy of a band we all love. Shouldn't we be doing that together??

Right now, The Fans Aren't Alright. At least not all of them.
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    IMO.. these blu-ray/dvd's should be accessible to ALL fans... ESPECIALLY a fan dedicated video. ??? Making that specific dvd a limited edition makes me scratch my head. I love this fan club, and I understand why some products are "limited". This dvd situation however is senseless and fixable, especially since the Best Buy situation is going on as well. Instead of leaving a bad taste in the mouth of long time fans, isn't there something that can be done to make some peace about the issue?? I urge the 10c to take into consideration..

1) these financial times (at $70..please realize a lot of us were saving up to buy the special edition dvd)
    2) limiting these dvd's will just encourage and increase their piracy

This movie was made to celebrate the legacy of a band we all love. Shouldn't we be doing that together??

Right now, The Fans Aren't Alright. At least not all of them.

3) Also if there was a limit on amout that could be purchased, hate to think how many the flippers bought..
  • Options
    waiting..... :)
  • Options
    I wanted it for Christmas, so I told my family about it...don't know if they got it or not...so sign me up so I can buy one to be safe. Saw the film at a screening in Tucson and it was a thing of beauty...C'mon Aunt Linda, don't ruin my Christmas!!!
  • Options
    ps - if anybody knows the jackholes bidding for them on ebay tell them to stop!!! 600 bucks for a 3 disc bluray??? Not even a vinyl....damn! If you have that much money lying around send some my way!! I'll send you a authentic picture of me and Ed hugging in return!
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
    aus_suz wrote:
    waiting..... :)
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    mrchibbles wrote:
    ps - if anybody knows the jackholes bidding for them on ebay tell them to stop!!! 600 bucks for a 3 disc bluray??? Not even a vinyl....damn! If you have that much money lying around send some my way!! I'll send you a authentic picture of me and Ed hugging in return!

the user is Beautifulflower393 and is US based. they are obviously just a fucking flipper as all they have is PJ stuff to sell and that have not previously traded. bastard. never mind. I'm off to sabotage the bidding as much as i can.... whos going to join me?
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    mrchibbles wrote:

the user is Beautifulflower393 and is US based. they are obviously just a fucking flipper as all they have is PJ stuff to sell and that have not previously traded. bastard. never mind. I'm off to sabotage the bidding as much as i can.... whos going to join me?

Yeah, that's the spirit everyone is talking about! I love it. People talking about how the band owes everyone more blu rays because of the spirit of the community, and using terms like sabotage or threatening to pirate the movies if they don't get their way. Come on!!! threaten the band and 10c, that'll warm them to your cause. Plus people that bought the discs have the right to do what they want with it. I'm not an advocate of flipping, but that's for the market to work out. That's life.

What I Also don't get is why everyone is clamoring for a reissue (which they're already complaining is priced to high) when what matters is the CONTENT of those discs, which is OBVIOUSLY going to be made available LEGALLY through other channels. I mean, that's how they make money!! Some of it is already up on iTunes for Pete's sake. Try directing your energies in a direction that makes sense. A little logic applied here could get far more done, and reflect much better on the community as well.
  • Options
    Flipping is pretty bad, wonder how many he/she bought?
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    Yeah, that's the spirit everyone is talking about! I love it. People talking about how the band owes everyone more blu rays because of the spirit of the community, and using terms like sabotage or threatening to pirate the movies if they don't get their way. Come on!!! threaten the band and 10c, that'll warm them to your cause. Plus people that bought the discs have the right to do what they want with it. I'm not an advocate of flipping, but that's for the market to work out. That's life.

What I Also don't get is why everyone is clamoring for a reissue (which they're already complaining is priced to high) when what matters is the CONTENT of those discs, which is OBVIOUSLY going to be made available LEGALLY through other channels. I mean, that's how they make money!! Some of it is already up on iTunes for Pete's sake. Try directing your energies in a direction that makes sense. A little logic applied here could get far more done, and reflect much better on the community as well.

But, folks prefer the physical discs over storing it on their computer or iSomethings. Movies take up a lot of space. Plus, I think I heard that you are only allowed to have it on one device at a time. So, it's no more portable than a blu ray (amazingly enough).

And is the iTunes version in 1080p? I'm not familiar. My kids probably are. So, maybe, I'll ask them. ;)

And the 3rd disc content has not been available legally as of yet.

So, your complaint about the complainers does not hold water. And even though I personally don't want the thing, I am proud to be the disprover of the complainers' complainer. :lol:

I do agree throwing around conspiracy and hate theories doesn't help. But, the main crux of this thread (the petition) seems fairly legitemate.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    sign me up!
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options

But, folks prefer the physical discs over storing it on their computer or iSomethings. Movies take up a lot of space. Plus, I think I heard that you are only allowed to have it on one device at a time. So, it's no more portable than a blu ray (amazingly enough).

And is the iTunes version in 1080p? I'm not familiar. My kids probably are. So, maybe, I'll ask them. ;)

So, your complaint about the complainers does not hold water. And even though I personally don't want the thing, I am proud to be the disprover of the complainers' complainer. :lol:

Yeah, it does hold water. I'm saying people want to see the content of the extra discs, and that the extra content will no doubt be made available in some form at some point. That is already holding true because some of the content is up on iTunes already before some people who bought the blu rays have even received them! Limited edition in this case simply means early access to content. People who missed out on the early access will still eventually get access to the same content. This is not complicated.
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:

Yeah, it does hold water. I'm saying people want to see the content of the extra discs, and that the extra content will no doubt be made available in some form at some point. That is already holding true because some of the content is up on iTunes already before some people who bought the blu rays have even received them! Limited edition in this case simply means early access to content. People who missed out on the early access will still eventually get access to the same content. This is not complicated.

So, you ignored the fact that folks like to have the physical discs and the fact that the version may not be 1080p (for both visual and audio). (and the fact that nobody's complaining about not having "early entry.")

And you know that disc 3 will become available. Cool. Do you have the date?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    Besides, itunes only concerns the US, not counting the absence of subtitles for non-english speaking people.

But I'm sure that you'll say that those people can f**k off and learn english, or even better, be americans to have access to the content. :mrgreen:

More seriously, as I said before, I don't mind this edition was limited. Apparently, it was the band's idea. But if we had this situation:

- Band: We're gonna release a LE for PJ20
    - Management: Yeah!
    - Band: Wouldn't that be terrific? Something for the fans, that only fans could have?
    - Management: Totally!
    - Band : So, what we're gonna do is limiting one per member and ONLY to 10C members.
    - Management: Awesome!!!

It would've been great. :)

The problem is that it wasn't that, but rather:

Later...
    Management: They asked for a limited edition, so what we're gonna do is sell as much as we can to anybody!