Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    If I missed this idea please disregard.

Has anyone thought about taking this petition to Mike via Twitter? It seems that he is the most accessible member of the band and might be able to help. Just a thought...

I tweeted Mike and Cameron Crowe a couple of times over the last month about this.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,590
    I know I started this petition but Id be so pissed if 10c did re-stock the Blu-Ray purely because I splashed out on the DVD box set after the blu rays went out of stock!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    I know I started this petition but Id be so pissed if 10c did re-stock the Blu-Ray purely because I splashed out on the DVD box set after the blu rays went out of stock!

I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'd say the chances are slim of another printing. And if there is, I'm sure you'll be able to offload your DVD copy fairly quickly.
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    skanji32 wrote:
    nothing yet?

Nope. I don't know what's more disappointing - not getting it or the lack of acknowledgement from the club on this matter.

The lack of acknowledgement. In my 15 years with Ten Club, I've never been this peeved.

Our only hope is through Cameron Crowe.

they have acknowledged? they said x amount were made. x amount were sold. how is that not an acknowledgement?

(so wish I was allowed to drop bombs on this. its becoming a joke)
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    they have acknowledged? they said x amount were made. x amount were sold. how is that not an acknowledgement?

So then why allow this petition to continue?

What about the acknowledgement from 10c that more should have been made?

What about the acknowledgement from 10c that this should have never been made a LE set?

What about the acknowledgement that alternate solutions are being met to meet the demand?

What about the acknowledgement that if no other options exists to purchase for 10c members, that fans can go and trade the set freely?

Again, why this pisses so many of you off who don't believe in the cause continues to surprise and amaze me. But i'm sure we amuse you as much as you amuse us...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    hostis wrote:

So then why allow this petition to continue?

What about the acknowledgement from 10c that more should have been made?

What about the acknowledgement from 10c that this should have never been made a LE set?

What about the acknowledgement that alternate solutions are being met to meet the demand?

What about the acknowledgement that if no other options exists to purchase for 10c members, that fans can go and trade the set freely?

Again, why this pisses so many of you off who don't believe in the cause continues to surprise and amaze me. But i'm sure we amuse you as much as you amuse us...

Exactly! Great points made.
  • Options
    So then why allow this petition to continue? - its easier to keep one big thread than 500 small annoying ones
    What about the acknowledgement from 10c that more should have been made? - they said x amount were made and x amount sold
    What about the acknowledgement from 10c that this should have never been made a LE set? - they said the band requested it to be limited edition
    What about the acknowledgement that alternate solutions are being met to meet the demand? - the bluray disc can be purchased from best buy
    What about the acknowledgement that if no other options exists to purchase for 10c members, that fans can go and trade the set freely? - you can trade in lost dogs. "You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site. No flipping* posters, or selling illegal items such as illegal bootlegs from bootleggers, homemade CDs and DVDs, items purchased marked "not for resale", etc."
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    So then why allow this petition to continue? - its easier to keep one big thread than 500 small annoying ones
    What about the acknowledgement from 10c that more should have been made? - they said x amount were made and x amount sold
    What about the acknowledgement from 10c that this should have never been made a LE set? - they said the band requested it to be limited edition
    What about the acknowledgement that alternate solutions are being met to meet the demand? - the bluray disc can be purchased from best buy
    What about the acknowledgement that if no other options exists to purchase for 10c members, that fans can go and trade the set freely? - you can trade in lost dogs. "You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site. No flipping* posters, or selling illegal items such as illegal bootlegs from bootleggers, homemade CDs and DVDs, items purchased marked "not for resale", etc."

The LE BluRay including the 3rd disc cannot be purchased and is at the root of this issue - please stay informed.

Not to start a further argument as I agree with Kat on this once I was informed, however I received a warning a couple of weeks ago regarding copying the bluray:

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
    This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=4&p=3991168#p3991168 .

POST DETAILS
    If anyone can rip the BluRay, I'll pay what it cost you.

I liken this to sharing tapes in the good ol days, except wait...you could actually buy tapes in stores.

Now that the 3 BluRays are sold out, I'm game to buy since I have no other option to get the 3 BluRays.

Please PM me directly. Again, really interested in a BluRay of the 3 discs.endquote

****Encouraging bootlegging is not ok. See Posting Guidelines.****
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    The LE BluRay including the 3rd disc cannot be purchased and is at the root of this issue - please stay informed.

LIMITED EDITION.
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

LIMITED EDITION.

...and therein lies the problem with your solution:

...not a solution.

So we can't buy the LE, can't copy the LE, can't trade the LE....see the problem here?
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

...not a solution.

So we can't buy the LE, can't copy the LE, can't trade the LE....see the problem here?

where theres a will theres a way.
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

...not a solution.

where theres a will theres a way.

no question - agreed there. I guess my point is, I want 10c to understand and recognize the situation that so many members that have signed this petition are in.

If 10c was in our position who missed out, what would they do? Chalk it up to bad timing and move on even though this is the definitive visual history of the band on 3 discs? Would they submit to not copying the discs (which, having received the warning will definitely adhere to)? Or would they continue to make their voices heard?

It goes back to my original point - an acknowledgement of our frustrations would be nice. Even acknoledgement that Cameron Crowe is looking into this matter (which we know for a fact he is), would alleviate so much frustration with the 10c around these parts.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    SIGNED! I WANT A COPY!!!
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    ME91059ME91059 Posts: 49
    Oooooh. I know how to ease all the disgruntled fans that missed out on the LE box sets..... Update the News with an awesome version of Not for you. Just so we know exactly what we missed out on!

How about the next new News Item;

A MESSAGE FROM 10C, PEARL JAM AND EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED THE KIDS ARE TWENTY

.....Suck Eggs!

Quote ShareThis

I am still so angry about this!!!!!!!
  • Options
    theanswersarefataltheanswersarefatal Posts: 239
    edited October 2011
    Is it true that anyone and their grandmother could have ordered these Limited Edition sets? (And was there a cap on the quantity ordered?)

If so, they should have initially been made available only to Ten Club members, as a pre-sale opportunity. Then maybe after the official release, the product would be opened up to the general public.

I mean, the major reason to be a part of any fanclub is for the perks...the most up-to-date info on the band, pre-sale tickets & merch, and the possibility of the best seats in the house. But if the club is going to start opening up the good stuff to the general public, then that lessens the exclusivity of being in the club.

It's honestly pretty sad that enough of these sets weren't produced so that someone who would need to wait until the next pay period wouldn't have a chance in hell to get one.

Guess I'll be scoping out ebay everyday for now...i'm sure some non-fan "Top Rated Seller" is drooling over the dough they're gonna get from a true fan. :roll:
    That is true. No limit to how many ordered and not limited to just club members. This is allowed to happen yet when people order more than one white Backspacer, their order is cancelled. I'm not saying that multiple orders of the LE should be cancelled (cause some members do purchase for gifts/friends and not for scalping purposes) but there should at least be some consistency with the way the goods section is run.

Plus, you're dead on about the "perks" with the club. What's the point in paying membership fees when most of the stuff can be bought without being a member? And we all know the ticket presales are useless these days anyway so it really makes you think why bother.

Glad someone agrees with me.
    Post edited by theanswersarefatal on
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    theanswersarefataltheanswersarefatal Posts: 239
    edited October 2011
    Is it true that anyone and their grandmother could have ordered these Limited Edition sets? (And was there a cap on the quantity ordered?)

If so, they should have initially been made available only to Ten Club members, as a pre-sale opportunity. Then maybe after the official release, the product would be opened up to the general public.

I mean, the major reason to be a part of any fanclub is for the perks...the most up-to-date info on the band, pre-sale tickets & merch, and the possibility of the best seats in the house. But if the club is going to start opening up the good stuff to the general public, then that lessens the exclusivity of being in the club.

It's honestly pretty sad that enough of these sets weren't produced so that someone who would need to wait until the next pay period wouldn't have a chance in hell to get one.

Guess I'll be scoping out ebay everyday for now...i'm sure some non-fan "Top Rated Seller" is drooling over the dough they're gonna get from a true fan. :roll:
    That is true. No limit to how many ordered and not limited to just club members. This is allowed to happen yet when people order more than one white Backspacer, their order is cancelled. I'm not saying that multiple orders of the LE should be cancelled (cause some members do purchase for gifts/friends and not for scalping purposes) but there should at least be some consistency with the way the goods section is run.

Plus, you're dead on about the "perks" with the club. What's the point in paying membership fees when most of the stuff can be bought without being a member? And we all know the ticket presales are useless these days anyway so it really makes you think why bother.
    Jeff side wrote:
    If you don't like the "perks" that your $20/$40 gets you, don't renew!!
    And put that extra money towards buying a deluxe edition on the secondary market.

In all the years I've been buying tickets, I've never been shut out through Ten Club.
    It's not easy by any means but it's far from "useless".

Speaking for myself, I do like the perks. What I don't like is them being indirectly given to non-members. And in all the years I've been buying tickets, I've also never been shut out through the Ten Club. I love the Ten Club. I ordered a sticker once and they sent me three. They answer my emails in a day. But we're not talking about tickets or stickers or emails here. We're talking about a Limited Edition set being offered to non-members w/no cap on the quantity ordered, thereby reducing members' chance at getting one, which makes great business sense but in terms of servicing the true fans doesn't make much sense to me or most of the people posting here. The point is that in this merchandising venture, the members of the club were not put first, and that's a huge drag.
    Post edited by theanswersarefatal on
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    VedHead2VedHead2 Posts: 112
    I want one!!
  • Options
    EGrover88EGrover88 CT Posts: 30
    Signed
  • Options
    smoke20smoke20 Posts: 50
    sell more for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

Im sure u wouldnt have trouble selling it at face..
  • Options
    Jeff side wrote:
    That's all anyone had to do to buy it in the first place...

Nice avatar Jeffside...

bumpity Bump
  • Options
    hostis wrote:

Whats becoming a joke?
  • Options
    JM82124JM82124 Posts: 14
    Wow, I can understand limited edition box set...but why not release a plain 3 disc set...or at least "The kids are 20" single disc like on itunes. Why can itunes have a copy but not us? We can have a file...not a DVD?
    This makes no sense.....
  • Options
    hostis wrote:

Kat has locked other threads, there arent 500 annoying threads...
    Its obvious Kat and others dont mind this thread continuing ....
    Go stalk some other thread if u dont support our cause..
    We aren't bothering anyone..
  • Options
    ME91059 wrote:
    Oooooh. I know how to ease all the disgruntled fans that missed out on the LE box sets..... Update the News with an awesome version of Not for you. Just so we know exactly what we missed out on!

How about the next new News Item;

A MESSAGE FROM 10C, PEARL JAM AND EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED THE KIDS ARE TWENTY

.....Suck Eggs!

Quote ShareThis

I am still so angry about this!!!!!!!

:lol: I was just thinking bout that the other day. What if the club uploaded the Manilla Not for You performance from The Kids Are Twenty.
    aus_suz wrote:
    hostis wrote:

Kat has locked other threads, there arent 500 annoying threads...
    Its obvious Kat and others dont mind this thread continuing ....
    Go stalk some other thread if u dont support our cause..
    We aren't bothering anyone..

So true. This thread isn't bothering anyone so anyone with negative comments or "get over it"s, etc should just stay out. Unless you're a scalper/flipper, I can't understand why you would be angry with fans for requesting more copies.
  • Options
    I think some other ppl need to "get over" their issues...

I wonder if some ppl purchased heaps and are worried what they are going
    to do if more are released.. that would be too funny hey?
  • Options

Totally agree with your post,... perks for 10C members is where its at,... I keep shelling out the cash to be in the club,...so that would have been expected. Presale to "members only" at least until after the PBS special aired would have been appreciated.

About the limited thing,..are these sets actually numbered? Doesn't make sense to me,..its a brand new movie production,..why limit a good thing about a band that has inspired of for so many years. Plain and simple,..we want to see it!

I could actually understand a limited release of the MTV unplugged or something like that. They were sold in mass production with the Ten Reissue,...go figure.
  • Options
    nc_jammer wrote:

Totally agree with your post,... perks for 10C members is where its at,... I keep shelling out the cash to be in the club,...so that would have been expected. Presale to "members only" at least until after the PBS special aired would have been appreciated.

About the limited thing,..are these sets actually numbered? Doesn't make sense to me,..its a brand new movie production,..why limit a good thing about a band that has inspired of for so many years. Plain and simple,..we want to see it!

I could actually understand a limited release of the MTV unplugged or something like that. They were sold in mass production with the Ten Reissue,...go figure.

Yeah limiting the amount of ppl that view it doesn't make sense...
    Im not sure if they were numbered or not..
  • Options
    bump back onto first page
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    Is there an actual petition or are we just adding our two bobs worth here??

I ssssoooooooooooooooooooooo want the Deluxe Ltd ed DVD...no, I need it. I don't think I need to explain myself at all. Please 10C, please. I've seriously been down about it eversince I found out it has sold out. I'm no psycho, materialistic, hard-core collector, but I have my reasons for wanting this one PJ item very badly :?

Come on 10C...we don't mind waiting...take your time and make some more. SO many of us have missed out on so much (thanks in part to effin' flippers!), don't you think we deserve a fair chance?
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?