Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    DeNovDeNov Posts: 2
    Signed.

I, too, would like to humbly request more copies of the PJ20 Deluxe version be available.
    I've no fear but for falling down.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter to a scalper. They are smart enough to know that pj limited edition will go for some good $$ at some point. They can at least double their money so they get on it right away. Its their profession so they do not need to wait for funds......they put money up front and profit on back end. I watched scalpers bring car fulls of kids to get in line and buy 4 tix to concerts.......they are scumbags. Not saying I didn't have my fair chance......just disappointed that the real fans from 90/91.......some are getting screwed. Like I said before, I am not looking to get limited edition versions.......just the deluxe version. If I want or wanted limited edition then I can pay the extra on ebay.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Maybe friend's of the seller help raise the prices. It happens.

quote="Cradles Broken Glass"]That is insane and exactly why Ten C needs to regulate sales just a bit. I cannot believe that 60 people are willing to support greed.[/quote]
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    please do... deluxe DVD....though :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    +1 signature
    Post edited by Professor Earthtones on
    1998: Alpine night 2
    1999: Alpine Tibetan Freedom Concert (ed)
    2000: Tampa, Jones Beach x3, Alpine, Chicago, St. Louis, Cincy, Seattle x2
    2003: Champaign, St. Louis, Chicago, Alpine, Indy, KC, Council Bluffs, Philly x2
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Chicago x 2
    2010: Indy
    2011: Alpine x 2
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Gvn2fly wrote:

I believe that confirmation has been made numerous times. Email from 10 club has been posted saying that they will not be making more and also stated that that was bands decision. If you simply email them u will get your answer. It's time to accept the fact that some of you missed out and its time to move on guys.

Thanks for your concern the idea of the petition is try to get the 10c/Band/Cameron Crowe to take notice and perhaps think hey there is a demand for this, lets do more..
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Don't quite get those that don't want more released.....are you hoping to score some bucks? Do you not want others to enjoy? Either way suxs you wouldn't want other pj fans to get copy.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Gvn2fly wrote:

I believe that confirmation has been made numerous times. Email from 10 club has been posted saying that they will not be making more and also stated that that was bands decision. If you simply email them u will get your answer. It's time to accept the fact that some of you missed out and its time to move on guys.

And yet no one has answered a much more important question.

WHY?
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    Kat, Santos, Tim, 10C... band..? can we finally get an answer why this was limited in the first place? :?
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    Keep it on page 1 bump
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    sign me up, Im in
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    DP15DP15 Posts: 12
    I only get paid once a month, at the end, so it would be great if we could again have the opportunity to purchase the DVD. Thank you.
  • Options
    I'd like to add my name to the petition. I wanted to get more information on the exact content of the release before dropping so much money on two discs of extras that (apparently) could easily have been included as bonus features on a single PJ20 disc. I really don't understand why 10C needed to be so tight-lipped about it when many on this board repeatedly asked about it. And who would have thought that they would so underestimate the demand for the centerpiece release of their anniversary?

It saddens me to say, but as a music retailer with 30 years of experience I am left scratching my head far more than I like over these 10C customer service/public relation snafus. Honest communication is key! ...And I am available to trouble-shoot. ;)

On a related note... if there isn't a repress, anyone have a handy link to explain how to transfer the iTunes download to DVD-R/BD-R?

Rich
    * Oscar Mayer Theater - 1991 * Eagle's Ballroom 1991 * R and R Station - 1992 * Marquette University 1992 * World Music Amphitheater - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 2000 * Aladdin Theater x2 - 1993 * Chicago Stadium - 1994 * New Regal Theater - 1994 * St. Louis x2 - 1994 * Ann Arbor - 1994 * Bridge School - 1994 * Summerfest x2 - 1995 * Summerfest x2 - 2006 * Soldier Field - 1995 * Molson Park - 1998 * United Center - 2006 * United Center - 2009 * Cleveland - 2010 * Alpine Valley x2 - 2011 * Winnipeg 2011 * Saskatoon 2011 * Wrigley 2013 * Phoenix 2013 * Wrigley 2016 x2 *
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:
    I'd like to add my name to the petition. I wanted to get more information on the exact content of the release before dropping so much money on two discs of extras that (apparently) could easily have been included as bonus features on a single PJ20 disc. I really don't understand why 10C needed to be so tight-lipped about it when many on this board repeatedly asked about it. And who would have thought that they would so underestimate the demand for the centerpiece release of their anniversary?

It saddens me to say, but as a music retailer with 30 years of experience I am left scratching my head far more than I like over these 10C customer service/public relation snafus. Honest communication is key! ...And I am available to trouble-shoot. ;)

On a related note... if there isn't a repress, anyone have a handy link to explain how to transfer the iTunes download to DVD-R/BD-R?

Rich

iTunes video is protected by DRM, there is no "legal" way to remove it and use the video you now own in the way you see fit (sounds fair, huh?).

That being said if you Google "itunes video DRM removal" you'll probably find some tips. Don't pay money for any program that claims to do it though, there are always free alternatives.
  • Options
    Is it true that anyone and their grandmother could have ordered these Limited Edition sets? (And was there a cap on the quantity ordered?)

If so, they should have initially been made available only to Ten Club members, as a pre-sale opportunity. Then maybe after the official release, the product would be opened up to the general public.

I mean, the major reason to be a part of any fanclub is for the perks...the most up-to-date info on the band, pre-sale tickets & merch, and the possibility of the best seats in the house. But if the club is going to start opening up the good stuff to the general public, then that lessens the exclusivity of being in the club.

It's honestly pretty sad that enough of these sets weren't produced so that someone who would need to wait until the next pay period wouldn't have a chance in hell to get one.

Guess I'll be scoping out ebay everyday for now...i'm sure some non-fan "Top Rated Seller" is drooling over the dough they're gonna get from a true fan. :roll:
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:

Rich

Well said.
    Is it true that anyone and their grandmother could have ordered these Limited Edition sets? (And was there a cap on the quantity ordered?)

If so, they should have initially been made available only to Ten Club members, as a pre-sale opportunity. Then maybe after the official release, the product would be opened up to the general public.

I mean, the major reason to be a part of any fanclub is for the perks...the most up-to-date info on the band, pre-sale tickets & merch, and the possibility of the best seats in the house. But if the club is going to start opening up the good stuff to the general public, then that lessens the exclusivity of being in the club.

It's honestly pretty sad that enough of these sets weren't produced so that someone who would need to wait until the next pay period wouldn't have a chance in hell to get one.

Guess I'll be scoping out ebay everyday for now...i'm sure some non-fan "Top Rated Seller" is drooling over the dough they're gonna get from a true fan. :roll:

That is true. No limit to how many ordered and not limited to just club members. This is allowed to happen yet when people order more than one white Backspacer, their order is cancelled. I'm not saying that multiple orders of the LE should be cancelled (cause some members do purchase for gifts/friends and not for scalping purposes) but there should at least be some consistency with the way the goods section is run.

Plus, you're dead on about the "perks" with the club. What's the point in paying membership fees when most of the stuff can be bought without being a member? And we all know the ticket presales are useless these days anyway so it really makes you think why bother.
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:

Rich

iTunes video is protected by DRM, there is no "legal" way to remove it and use the video you now own in the way you see fit (sounds fair, huh?).

That being said if you Google "itunes video DRM removal" you'll probably find some tips. Don't pay money for any program that claims to do it though, there are always free alternatives.

Thank you, LT. :thumbup:
    * Oscar Mayer Theater - 1991 * Eagle's Ballroom 1991 * R and R Station - 1992 * Marquette University 1992 * World Music Amphitheater - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 2000 * Aladdin Theater x2 - 1993 * Chicago Stadium - 1994 * New Regal Theater - 1994 * St. Louis x2 - 1994 * Ann Arbor - 1994 * Bridge School - 1994 * Summerfest x2 - 1995 * Summerfest x2 - 2006 * Soldier Field - 1995 * Molson Park - 1998 * United Center - 2006 * United Center - 2009 * Cleveland - 2010 * Alpine Valley x2 - 2011 * Winnipeg 2011 * Saskatoon 2011 * Wrigley 2013 * Phoenix 2013 * Wrigley 2016 x2 *
  • Options
    And if anyone has problems with burning their legally bought iTunes version of The Kids are Twenty then shoot me a PM and I'll offer some help.
  • Options
    I too went to buy the PJ20 Blu-ray box set...and was very disappointed to see that it was sold out. It doesn't make any sense to me that 10C would limit this release.

There are thousands of fans in a similar situation. We all want the box set. Make it happen 10C!!!
  • Options
    If 10c doesn't make more Deluxe Blu-Rays, then can we at least get a new membership t-shirt...?

I'm Digital
    I'm Analog

And the all-new...

I'm Sh*t-Out-Of-Luck
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Magnitude supports this petition!

Occupy the 10 club!

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:

Rich

Well said.

That is true. No limit to how many ordered and not limited to just club members. This is allowed to happen yet when people order more than one white Backspacer, their order is cancelled. I'm not saying that multiple orders of the LE should be cancelled (cause some members do purchase for gifts/friends and not for scalping purposes) but there should at least be some consistency with the way the goods section is run.

Plus, you're dead on about the "perks" with the club. What's the point in paying membership fees when most of the stuff can be bought without being a member? And we all know the ticket presales are useless these days anyway so it really makes you think why bother.

If you don't like the "perks" that your $20/$40 gets you, don't renew!!
    And put that extra money towards buying a deluxe edition on the secondary market.

In all the years I've been buying tickets, I've never been shut out through Ten Club.
    It's not easy by any means but it's far from "useless".
  • Options
    It's taken me a few days but as expected the deluxe dads sold out before i got paid too. so I goes I'm SOL unless Pearl Jam decides to do another run or at the very least they could send an email to ten club members asking if they'd be interested in ordering a copy of bluRay or Dvd of the deluxe edition and gauge how many more they need based on that. The Delluxe editions definitely should have been members only with a limit of 3permember tops that would've allowed the true fans the opportunity to buy them and still buy up to two as gifts or more likely one for viewing, one not to be opened, and one to be gifted.
    Columbus 05/06/2011
  • Options
    And put that extra money towards buying a deluxe edition on the secondary market.

In all the years I've been buying tickets, I've never been shut out through Ten Club.

I've actually only been shut out once but I mean the "useless" term more in the sense that there's no point when all the club does is give you a pre-sale link that comes with no extras (i.e. no pit pass wristband for GA tickets). Why bother buying it from them when I can just go to Ticketmaster and buy it (for the same price)there. The presales could be still useful for seating tickets but I have never got a seated concert ticket in my life so that wouldn't affect me.
  • Options

I've actually only been shut out once but I mean the "useless" term more in the sense that there's no point when all the club does is give you a pre-sale link that comes with no extras (i.e. no pit pass wristband for GA tickets). Why bother buying it from them when I can just go to Ticketmaster and buy it (for the same price)there. The presales could be still useful for seating tickets but I have never got a seated concert ticket in my life so that wouldn't affect me.

I'm not sure what country you're in but all the european shows that I've been to are mostly GA.
    Ten Club tickets are allowed in 15 minutes early.

Wish they would bring back GA shows to the states, so much more fun...
    And this is coming from someone whose never gotten worse than 8th row from Ten Club.
    Usually 3rd or 4th row.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    im in...not sure if it helps, but im all in!
  • Options
    im all in!!!
    i wish i was the verb to trust, and never let you down
  • Options
    JeffSide wrote:

I'm not sure what country you're in but all the european shows that I've been to are mostly GA.
    Ten Club tickets are allowed in 15 minutes early.

Wish they would bring back GA shows to the states, so much more fun...
    And this is coming from someone whose never gotten worse than 8th row from Ten Club.
    Usually 3rd or 4th row.

I've only been to European shows and first one (Dublin 06) I got wristband/early entry which was great. Well worth it. The next show (London 09) had thousands of 10c ticketholders plus there was no defined pit area so the early entry was fairly pointless. I was just as well getting in a queue with the non-club ticketholders. Last show didn't get any 10c tickets so can't compare. I just find the 10c tickets pointless when it's a huge arena, there's no pit area and thousands of 10c tickets are sold. As I said, it's still useful for non-GA shows but I wouldn't be in that situation.
  • Options
    moFoEdmoFoEd Posts: 5
    Im all in if they restock, sucks I missed out on this
  • Options
    jmanjman Posts: 29
    SIGNED!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."