Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    JeffSide wrote:
    The fact that people had 3 weeks to order is irrelevant.

What's relevant is that there is clearly a high demand for this product and not enough supply. You can't blame people who missed out for not ordering in the 3 weeks because regardless, there simply were not enough copies made.

As others have said, this never should have been limited, for a multitude of reasons.

There's no one else to blame but yourself if you didn't buy one...
    Everyone got the same email from TC that said when it was going on sale and that it's limited.

Thats isnt true, my husband never got one and mine was sent to an email address that hadnt been associated with 10c since June.
    If u read the thread about PJ20 being sold out and other threads that are locked u will see
    many other 10c fans say they never received the emails.
    The Author of this thread never received one..

I hope u enjoy yours
  • Options
    crazygeo wrote:
    Everyone got the same email from TC that said when it was going on sale and that it's limited.

:lol:

AMEN +1 (TO THAT)

Thats isnt true, my husband never got one and mine was sent to an email address that hadnt been associated with 10c since June.
    If u read the thread about PJ20 being sold out and other threads that are locked u will see

I hope u enjoy yours
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    I don't take anything from 10c pulling it down. I get the sense that Cameron Crowe makes the call what happens on the 3rd disc, not 10c.

As emotional as I have been over the bluray le not being available anymore, I respect 10c for allowing us to voice our displeasure here. Doesn't matter if it's one thread. A sincere thanks 10c, at least on that point.
    *like*
  • Options
    JeffSide wrote:

Not trying to be a dick here but "I just didn't have time" isn't a great excuse for something that supposedly means that much to you.
    Everyone is able to find time when tickets go on sale...
    You couldn't wake up 5 minutes earlier or go to bed 5 minutes later? You work 7 days a week?
    Do you get a lunch break? You literally didn't have 5 minutes of "me" time in 3 & 1/2 weeks?
    Sorry, Not buying it!
    If you make so much money just go on ebay and buy one. Problem solved & no need to bitch any further.

It seems obvious from your previous posts here that u dont support this petition so why post here..
    Time to move on..
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    JeffSide wrote:

What's relevant is that there is clearly a high demand for this product and not enough supply. You can't blame people who missed out for not ordering in the 3 weeks because regardless, there simply were not enough copies made.

As others have said, this never should have been limited, for a multitude of reasons.

I hope u enjoy yours

So what you're telling me is that as someone who has posted 8749 times on this board, You had no idea this was on sale till after it sold out?
  • Options
    JeffSide wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    JeffSide wrote:

I hope u enjoy yours

So what you're telling me is that as someone who has posted 8749 times on this board, You had no idea this was on sale till after it sold out?

I have never said I didnt know it was on sale. I said I had the email was sent to another address and my husband never recieved it at all along with other 10c members.

If everyone had purchased it straight away it would have sold out in a day or so and there still would have been ppl that missed out.
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited October 2011
    Well, You're responsible for keeping your email up to date... And you obviously got it even at the other address.
    You don't know how they were handling the sale. You're just making an assumption.
    Maybe they said they would make as many as they could sell through X date. Maybe not, but we don't know.
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options
    To all the people who are okay with all this BS, please stop trying to say how stupid we all were for not ordering the Blu-ray on time. I don't want to hear it. If we all did, then a whole other group of people wouldn't have been able to get it, and THEY would be complaining about it.

The point is that the deluxe editions shouldn't have been limited in the first place! Not just that we didn't get any!

And we can support the band, and love the band even, and still have major issues with how the Ten Club is being run, so stop it already. This is a thread for a petition, so unless you want to make it look like even MORE people are supporting the deluxe edition re-release, please shut up and take your mean-spirited, hate-filed, poor-thought-out comments elsewhere.
  • Options
    JeffSide wrote:
    Well, You're responsible for keeping your email up to date...
    You don't know how they were handling the sale. You're just making an assumption.
    Maybe they said they would make as many as they could sell through X date. Maybe not, but we don't know.

My email was update the email was sent to an address no longer associated with 10c.
    Not all 10c members received the email, I dont think that is the persons fault.

Thats true no one knows how the sale was handled.
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    edited October 2011
    Holy shit people - you disgust me. While I'm a big fan of PJ and have been a member here since 2005, I don't post very often and I don't check the site 10 times a day. I never received an email so had no idea that the DVD/Blu-ray was coming out.

Some of us had the money but were busy with life - working, traveling, burying our grandfathers and honoring the 1 year anniversary of a child that was taken too soon.

Over the past few months I've been a little more active on this board and one of the big draws was the idea that PJ fans were kind, generous people who supported their fellow fans. While that seems to be true when finding concert tickets, it's generally not the case.

As for limited, I believe the 2009 Philadelphia Spectrum LIMITED EDITION Box Set is still available - in fact, the CD's are burn to order.

If you got a copy, sit back and wait for it to arrive. Otherwise piss off and stop shitting on people who are signing a petition :roll:
    Post edited by GoodbyeForNow on
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    To all the people who are okay with all this BS, please stop trying to say how stupid we all were for not ordering the Blu-ray on time. I don't want to hear it. If we all did, then a whole other group of people wouldn't have been able to get it, and THEY would be complaining about it.

The point is that the deluxe editions shouldn't have been limited in the first place! Not just that we didn't get any!

And we can support the band, and love the band even, and still have major issues with how the Ten Club is being run, so stop it already. This is a thread for a petition, so unless you want to make it look like even MORE people are supporting the deluxe edition re-release, please shut up and take your mean-spirited, hate-filed, poor-thought-out comments elsewhere.

There will always be people complaining about something, No matter what way this was handled...
    Who are you to decide if something should limited or not?
    When you're a member of the band or employed by Ten Club, you can have a say.
    No one is entitled to anything. You're lucky this band has a fan club, most don't. Who would you complain to then?
    There are people on this thread calling for Tim to be fired for this! And I'm mean spirited??
    What I'm saying isn't mean spirited or hate filled, It's the truth!
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    Holy shit people - you disgust me. While I'm a big fan of PJ and have been a member here since 2005, I don't post very often and I don't check the site 10 times a day. I never received an email so had no idea that the DVD/Blu-ray was coming out.

Some of us had the money but were busy with life - working, traveling, burying our grandfathers and honoring the 1 year anniversary of a child that was taken too soon.

Over the past few months I've been a little more active on this board and one of the big draws was the idea that PJ fans were kind, generous people who supported their fellow fans. While that seems to be true when finding concert tickets, it's generally not the case.

As for limited, I believe the 2009 Philadelphia Spectrum LIMITED EDITION Box Set is still available - in fact, the CD's are burn to order.

If you got a copy, sit back and wait for it to arrive. Otherwise piss off and stop shitting on people who are signing a petition :roll:

yup.
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I'm convinced the only people who are against this petition are those who just want to have things for themselves and get joy out of others' misfortune. There is just no other explanation for it...
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    I'm convinced the only people who are against this petition are those who just want to have things for themselves and get joy out of others' misfortune. There is just no other explanation for it...

Yeah seems some have forgot the love of the Jamily...
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

I have a copy on the way soon, but I also wish that you guys are able to get your hands on one as well. Good luck with your petition. Cheers.
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    Beneroya44 wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

I have a copy on the way soon, but I also wish that you guys are able to get your hands on one as well. Good luck with your petition. Cheers.
    thank you.
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    Beneroya44 wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

• Options
    If they restocked it I would buy it. I'll buy it right now. I missed it by a week.. Travel and taxes. Sucks.
  • Options
    KJ79633KJ79633 Posts: 13
    I'll buy one for sure...I procrastinated too much not realizing that it was limited :cry:
  • Options
    Heeeeeey folks relaaaaax! :D
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    I dont think there is a lot of footage that would truly benefit from the format, but good luck in getting your wish.
  • Options
    I would love it if they restocked the Deluxe edition. I was sad when I found out it sold out.
    1998-08-28 Camden, 1998-08-29 Camden, 2000-09-01 Camden, 2000-09-02 Camden, 2003-04-28 Philadelphia, 2003-07-05 Camden, 2003-07-06 Camden, 2005-10-03 Philadelphia, 2006-05-27 Camden , 2006-05-28 Camden, 2006-06-01 E. Rutherford, 2006-06-03 E. Rutherford, 2008-06-19 Camden, 2008-06-20 Camden, 2008-06-28 Mansfield, 2009-06-12 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2009-10-28 Philadelphia, 2009-10-30 Philadelphia, 2009-10-31 Philadelphia, 2010-05-21 New York, 2011-06-25 EV Solo Philadelphia, 2011-09-03 East Troy PJ 20!, 2011-09-04 East Troy PJ 20!
  • Options
    Count me in
  • Options
    andyrew46andyrew46 isle of wight Posts: 62
    I'm in... really want this! hopefully high demand will swing a decision in our favour!!
    Probably gonna buy the single disc edition anyway! can't wait!!!
    Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
  • Options
    I'm up for this petition. I had no idea there was a limited edition. I didn't get an email or anything. The only reason I found out was because I was about to order it on Amazon and the reviews were complaining about lack of special features like the limited edition and I check the site and the limited editions were sold out. I would have loved to at least have had a crack at ordering the limited edition.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    SIGNED. They need to make more----THIS IS FOR THE FANS!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Just wondering if this site is legit?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pearl-Jam ... ray/30058/
  • Options
    andyrew46andyrew46 isle of wight Posts: 62
    I found that too.. I believe it's the single disc edition.... delux only available through ten club!!!
    Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
  • Options
    So this is for people who want the deluxe blu-ray set?
    If so, sign me up! I already ordered the single disc from best buy but I want "The Kids are Twenty" in a physical format. I would be all over the deluxe if there was another run...