Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• A big THANK YOU!!! to my secret santa **number1PJfan** (aka Jenny). :D

it arrived yesterday and my husband and parents (who are in town for the holidays) had just as much fun opening it as I did! all the goodies just kept coming! I'd post a pic, but after all this time stil have no idea how to do that on this forum... but here it is in list form.
    First of all...all items were locally made/grown in eastern tennessee (where Jenny is from) which I LOVE!
    *2 moon pies
    *a bag of roasted coffee
    * an assortment of Naked Bee products including lip balm, soap and hand gel
    * paper and notecards made from a local artist and friend of my SS
    * HONEY!
    * an assortment of beers made by a local brewery (I loved the story you told about Thunder Road...very cool...and it explains the label)
    * last by not least a handmade christmas ornament by none other than number1PJfan!

thank you sooooooooo much for everything. we are already down 1 moon pie and 2 beers, ornament is on the tree and the hand gel has been used several times already this morning!

I love this place and the people in it!
    Happy Holidays everyone!

Glad you got it and sorry it was late! Happy holidays and happy new year! Hope you enjoy. :D
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    WOW! AWESOME NEWS!! CONGRATS HELEN!! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!
    WHAT AN AWESOME AND BUSY 2012 YOU'RE GONNA HAVE!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Thanks all :mrgreen: I may need to pass the torch next year if things are too mental... but I enjoy this way too much.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Congrats to you Helen!!! Looks like you'll have a very exciting 2012!

This was my first year participating in the SS, it's so much fun and thanks for organizing it!

I haven't received my gift yet......looks like it'll be a New Years gift now, but I'll be happy all the same when it does arrive. :D

Happy 2012 everyone!! :D
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • Dear SS,

I have not received my package and I'll be flying out tomorrow for vacation, I'll be back in a week so hopefully the package will be here then, I let me neighbor know that I'm expecting packages so she'll keep an eye for it.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

B.L.

A BIG Thank You to Christine Brunelle for my goodies! Once again I'm so sorry for my mix up :(
    I went into the New Year displaying my PJ 20 buttons on my blazer and I love them!!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!!!!
    I don't need drugs to make my life tragic~E.V.
  • Don't loose hope to those who have not yet received there SS, Mine has come and it came all the way from Tasmania, Australia :o
    The package was a bit chewed up on arrival but my long black sleeve PJ shirt was in perfect condition :lol:
    Thank you so much Sarah, I now have a long sleeve PJ shirt and I am ready for the cold weather ahead.

Happy new year!!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I love this, it really demonstrates how good PJ people are.
    Helen, I hope all is well with your pregnancy and continues to be so, exciting times ahead! :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pm sent :D
    Clicking_Heels_Woo_Hoo_Smilie.gif
    Exciting news Helen! Congratulations!! :D
    Don't loose hope to those who have not yet received there SS, Mine has come and it came all the way from Tasmania, Australia :o
    The package was a bit chewed up on arrival but my long black sleeve PJ shirt was in perfect condition :lol:
    Thank you so much Sarah, I now have a long sleeve PJ shirt and I am ready for the cold weather ahead.

Happy new year!!

:D YEAH!! :D
    anticipation...
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Again, many congratulations Helen and thank you for organising this! :mrgreen: xxx

So, I received my present ages ago, it was left for me at the hotel's (hotel for Sian-of-the-dead and audiodave's wedding) reception, which made me feel all VIP. :D

With amazing willpower, after receiving my pressie, I only tore into the delicious chocolate snowman that came with it. :lol: Woving to not open it before Christmas time, I didn't, and out of the several little packages opened only one on the 21st of December. :D Already I felt very spoiled by my Santa.

Then, I went to my family's for the holidays and forgot my SS presents at home. :roll: :lol:

So I've only opened all of them now! And man, I could not be more excited and happy. :) Thank you ever so much, dottles, I love it all! :D

Here's what I got:

488192021.jpg

- A set of colour pencils (in the little tube), which was the thing I opened before Christmas. Super cute and the perfect size to take with me!
    - A set of charcoal pencils. I love these and can't wait to try them out! Derwent is my favourite pencil brand as well.
    - A lovely flower brooch. I'll need to find the perfect spot for this. :D Purple is one of my favourite colours too!
    - A hand warmer. So cute, so useful. Now that we finally have snow (and a proper winter) too, I'm sure this will come in very handy. I love the lil' owl on it.
    - A set of little notepads with cats on them! Cats doing yoga poses! It's no secret that I looooove cats. :D And I used to do yoga too. Seriously loving these, I can never have too many notepads and these are almost too cool to use. :lol:
    - A bar of milk chocolate, handmade in Cornwall. Yum! The actual chocolate (or what's left of it) is in the fridge at the moment, waiting for tea time.
    - A Rosehip notebook. This is gorgeous. And I love notebooks. And the pages are blank so I can draw in it too. :D It's 100% recycled as well, which is always a plus!
    - Last but not least: A Cath Kidston scapbook. Which, again, is gorgeous! And I kid you not, I had been thinking about doing something scrapbooky or something for this year. :D So it's perfect!

Seriously, I'm in awe at this gift. :) This holiday season has been a little blue in places for me, but this present has certainly helped with that. I can't thank you enough!

PS. To everyone/anyone still waiting for their present, don't worry. :D I got mine pretty late one year (was it last time?), but it got here!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Thanks for the email and congratulations on your pregnancy :clap:

SS is so much fun :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    well..my SS recipient finally got his package..I was getting a little worried that it was lost, ...and he posted on FB for me to see.

he looks so happy with it all, which makes me happy! :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    taylork101 wrote:
    THANK YOU RYEZUPSF! I love my goodie bag!
    Today I received my Secret Santa gift!
    I got Fresh Lavender soap, a package of 3 buttons, a GREAT Outhouse calendar, an Easy Street Records sticker, 4 pieces of Poco Dolce chocolate (YUM), a Banana Slug :lol: and an Amoeba Music T Shirt :P
    Merry Christmas, Sara! THANK YOU!
    I will post a pic soon

Glad you got it!! Happy Holidays!!

Thanks Helen, so much, for organizing!! You rock!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    eMMI wrote:
    Again, many congratulations Helen and thank you for organising this! :mrgreen: xxx

So, I received my present ages ago, it was left for me at the hotel's (hotel for Sian-of-the-dead and audiodave's wedding) reception, which made me feel all VIP. :D

With amazing willpower, after receiving my pressie, I only tore into the delicious chocolate snowman that came with it. :lol: Woving to not open it before Christmas time, I didn't, and out of the several little packages opened only one on the 21st of December. :D Already I felt very spoiled by my Santa.

Then, I went to my family's for the holidays and forgot my SS presents at home. :roll: :lol:

So I've only opened all of them now! And man, I could not be more excited and happy. :) Thank you ever so much, dottles, I love it all! :D

Here's what I got:

488192021.jpg

- A set of colour pencils (in the little tube), which was the thing I opened before Christmas. Super cute and the perfect size to take with me!
    - A set of charcoal pencils. I love these and can't wait to try them out! Derwent is my favourite pencil brand as well.
    - A lovely flower brooch. I'll need to find the perfect spot for this. :D Purple is one of my favourite colours too!
    - A hand warmer. So cute, so useful. Now that we finally have snow (and a proper winter) too, I'm sure this will come in very handy. I love the lil' owl on it.
    - A set of little notepads with cats on them! Cats doing yoga poses! It's no secret that I looooove cats. :D And I used to do yoga too. Seriously loving these, I can never have too many notepads and these are almost too cool to use. :lol:
    - A bar of milk chocolate, handmade in Cornwall. Yum! The actual chocolate (or what's left of it) is in the fridge at the moment, waiting for tea time.
    - A Rosehip notebook. This is gorgeous. And I love notebooks. And the pages are blank so I can draw in it too. :D It's 100% recycled as well, which is always a plus!
    - Last but not least: A Cath Kidston scapbook. Which, again, is gorgeous! And I kid you not, I had been thinking about doing something scrapbooky or something for this year. :D So it's perfect!

Seriously, I'm in awe at this gift. :) This holiday season has been a little blue in places for me, but this present has certainly helped with that. I can't thank you enough!

PS. To everyone/anyone still waiting for their present, don't worry. :D I got mine pretty late one year (was it last time?), but it got here!

Emmi, so pleased you liked it :D:D Enjoy!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    bump
  • bump
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Still nothing for me :(

Maybe it will be a lil' prezzie for the 12th night :mrgreen: Better hurry up before the tree comes down though! :D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Blooming heck, just realised I still haven't posted a picture of my lovely pressies. Really must get my arse into gear.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    Still nothing for me :(

*cough*I once got my SS present in February*cough* :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    still nothing for me but I am assured it's on it's way! Stoopid postal people!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    no postman for me either but that's ok
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    JB is waiting also....

and I and my wonderful Secret Santa with him
    "...There's something due any day; I will know right away,
    Soon as it shows...."

no I am not gay because I quoted a broadway show tune...just trying to keep the thread ALIVE!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    "...There's something due any day; I will know right away,
    Soon as it shows...."

no I am not gay because I quoted a broadway show tune...just trying to keep the thread ALIVE!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Nope...but just sayin...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Well... tree taken down, galette des rois eaten - that the official holiday season finished. So no more tree to put a prezzie under. Oh well... who cares about putting anything under a tree! When I get my SS (and I will eventually get it), it's for immediate opening! :mrgreen:
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    GOT MY SECRET SANTA!!!!! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK-YOU GREEN CIRCLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Secretsanta2011.jpg

I'll stop yelling now! ;)

It's gorgeous!! I got a Boston MA t-shirt which I haven't tried on yet but I'm sure it will fit + lovely candles & glass ball & little glass &&&& gorgeous set of boxes covered in FAB PJ pics, including smaller boxes for each band member &&& a Smurf McCready!!!!!! &&&& some PJ20 & an EV solo tour 2011 pins!! & a lovely card signed by the artist &&&& so many lovely things! Thank-you SO much!!

&&&&&& with it arriving a little after Xmas actually worked our perfect because today was my 1st day back at work so what a lovely thing to greet me when I got home! YAY! :D

I hope you had a lovely Xmas & a happy new year too GC!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    morello wrote:
    GOT MY SECRET SANTA!!!!! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK-YOU GREEN CIRCLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Secretsanta2011.jpg

I'll stop yelling now! ;)

It's gorgeous!! I got a Boston MA t-shirt which I haven't tried on yet but I'm sure it will fit + lovely candles & glass ball & little glass &&&& gorgeous set of boxes covered in FAB PJ pics, including smaller boxes for each band member &&& a Smurf McCready!!!!!! &&&& some PJ20 & an EV solo tour 2011 pins!! & a lovely card signed by the artist &&&& so many lovely things! Thank-you SO much!!

&&&&&& with it arriving a little after Xmas actually worked our perfect because today was my 1st day back at work so what a lovely thing to greet me when I got home! YAY! :D

I hope you had a lovely Xmas & a happy new year too GC!!

:oops: :roll: :? Whew!!! so sorry it took so long! I will remember that next year...
    I'm not sure what the " & " stands for :lol: but I'm so so glad you like everything! :D:D
This discussion has been closed.