Options

A MYSTERY POSTER SALE w/ PJ20 Backpack & BS White Vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    cross7806 wrote:
    The waiting is driving me mad! Nothing here in Central Illinois yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Nevermind the big brown truck just dropped the tube off. Yippie! :D Now to see whats in it. :?:
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    ST279453 wrote:
    Tube arrived in Central IL. Pics to come later.
    cross7806 wrote:
    cross7806 wrote:
    The waiting is driving me mad! Nothing here in Central Illinois yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Nevermind the big brown truck just dropped the tube off. Yippie! :D Now to see whats in it. :?:

WELL????? :lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    Well I received 4 posters.
    1.http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/17102
    2.http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/20648
    3.http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/32965
    4.A.C. Newman Austin,Texas
    They are all S/N prints. I cant find the A.C. print on Ebeans. They are pretty cool prints. I'll trade If someone likes them. Thanks for the mystery sale it was/is fun watching what everybody gets.
  • Options
    Anybody else see the "mystery posters" trending on Expresso??? :shock:
    The Jermaine "Kermit" and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs poster are both up there right now!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    ST279453 wrote:

Gosh, I haven't gotten mine but I might have to trade you something for this one if you're willing to give it up. A buddy of mine is/was in a band called Fake Brain, I wonder if it's one and the same!!
  • Options
    Well....I can say that there hasn't been a set yet where there wasn't at least 1 print I liked. :mrgreen:
    Good score guys! Thanks for posting pics everyone!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    100% McRib Free!

air.jpg

IS.php?id=16181&t=mi

IS.php?id=30818&t=mi

IS.php?id=7877&t=mi

Thanks again JMo
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    100% McRib Free!

air.jpg

IS.php?id=16181&t=mi

IS.php?id=30818&t=mi

IS.php?id=7877&t=mi

Thanks again JMo
    I'm only seein' the first one.
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Will post more info later but one of my tubes had a 96 Randall's Island poster
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:
    Will post more info later but one of my tubes had a 96 Randall's Island poster
    If you want to sell or trade it let me know.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    cross7806 wrote:
    Well I received 4 posters.
    1.http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/17102
    2.http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/20648
    3.http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/32965
    4.A.C. Newman Austin,Texas
    They are all S/N prints. I cant find the A.C. print on Ebeans. They are pretty cool prints. I'll trade If someone likes them. Thanks for the mystery sale it was/is fun watching what everybody gets.

VERY nice. like that elephant one a lot. and to the other person, that Frogs poster is a GREAT design!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    So, here are the prints I got!

DSC01220.jpg

S/N
    DSC01219.jpg

S/N
    DSC01218.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

S/N Variant or test Press
    DSC01216.jpg

The last one has got to be a Rob Jones variant or something, because the original is different.
    Here is the original, look:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/34684

I like two of mine, they are cool. This mystery sale was really fun. Thanks for putting it on! It was a great lottery and well worth the gamble. I do have a question regarding this statement:

"These tubes will contain at least $100 worth of posters."

3 of my 5 are not even on expressobeans and there is no info on the Rob Jones variant. I am not doubting you, just wondering how I can be sure, I got what I put my money in for? Not Bitter, at all, just wondering if you have another source or some history to look at on these?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    I'll try to get a pic up of the A.C. Newman leter this weekend.
  • Options
    wow, so i deciphered rob jones' autograph and numbering system on the print and its 1 of 5! extra cool....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    First off, a HUGE thank you to JMo for pullin this whole thing off and hooking me up, and everyone else, with some phatty posters.

Now, I am not, and have never been, a poster collector so I don't know if what I've got is rare or awesome or valuable or what. I just enjoyed the whole mystery-surprise thing, plus it sounded like Jmo had some good intentions with this. Some of these look fantastic.

:arrow: Vandermarks July 2 Montreal 4/180 has someone's autograph
    :arrow: Mike Watt & the Secondmen - May 2, 2002 Nashville 33/100 and has someone's autograph in pencil :arrow: http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/14756
    :arrow: Yeah Yeah Yeahs Marh 1, 2004 Kentucky 33/40 has initials :arrow: http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/13836
    :arrow: The Charlatans June 1, 2004 Nottingham, U.K. 39/80 Tara Bell autograph :arrow: http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/14811
    :arrow: Some Girls - Daughters - The Chinese Stars - March 12 Anaheim 4/20 autograph :arrow: http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/24644

So there ya have it. I know of Mike Watt and The Charlatans (but the Charlatans I'm thinking of are the original psychedelic Jug Band from San Fran in the mid-60's!!). And I've "heard" of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs I think.

Much gratitude to JMo once again :thumbup:
    Post edited by -.- Glorified GnothingMan -.- on
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    First off, a HUGE thank you to JMo for pullin this whole thing off and hooking me up, and everyone else, with some phatty posters.

Now, I am not, and have never been, a poster collector so I don't know if what I've got is rare or awesome or valuable or what. I just enjoyed the whole mystery-surprise thing, plus it sounded like Jmo jad some good intentions with this. Some of these look fantastic. I've never posted pics at these sites before though I know it's doable but it's been a long night tonight after a great Foo Fighters show so I won't be attempting any of that right now. I got:

:arrow: Mike Watt & the Secondmen - May 2, 2002 Nashville 33/100 and has someone's autograph in pencil
    :arrow: Vandermarks July 2 Montreal 4/180 has someone's autograph
    :arrow: Yeah Yeah Yeahs Marh 1, 2004 Kentucky 33/40 has initials
    :arrow: The Charlatans June 1, 2004 Nottingham, U.K. 39/80 Tara Bell autograph
    :arrow: Some Girls Daughters (?1 band or two?) The Chinese Stars - March 12 Anaheim 4/20 autograph

So there ya have it. I know of Mike Watt and The Charlatans (but the Charlatans I'm thinking of are the original psychedelic Jug Band from San Fran in the mid-60's!!). And I've "heard" of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs I think.

Much gratitude to JMo once again :thumbup:

wait you got a print from 60's ?????? THATS BAD ASS .... i have always wanted an old print
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    wait you got a print from 60's ?????? THATS BAD ASS .... i have always wanted an old print
    Yeah. With the Grateful Dead and Bill Hicks and His Hot Licks as the openers. I thinkin of trying to lick it and see if there's some residual California Sunshine blotted on it.... :P
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    if you ever feel like selling/trading that mike watt print let me know. thanks!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    joe2468 wrote:
    Yeah. With the Grateful Dead and Bill Hicks and His Hot Licks as the openers. I thinkin of trying to lick it and see if there's some residual California Sunshine blotted on it.... :P
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    What's the farthest east someone has received their posters so far?
    Still waiting patiently in the D. :angel:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    Grand Rapids, yesterday.
  • Options
    quimby20 wrote:
    Grand Rapids, yesterday.
    :mrgreen: That's pretty darn close... What'd ya end up with?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    i live near syracuse, ny and recieved my tubes on thursday
  • Options
    :shock:
    UPS or USPS?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    UPS or USPS?

P.O. Boxes = USPS
    Physical address = UPS
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    UPS or USPS?

P.O. Boxes = USPS
    Physical address = UPS
    I know... I was asking JK36392 because they are farther east than me.
    Thanks though! :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    usps to my pobox
  • Options
    JK36392 wrote:
    usps to my pobox
    There it is. That must be the difference.Thanks! :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Got mine a couple of days ago...THANKS my friend...Never seen or heard of most of them!! lol...Although I have heard of the distillers, I think! Got 5 total...Thanks again for doing this....all kinds of fun...Much appreciated!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12