Options

A MYSTERY POSTER SALE w/ PJ20 Backpack & BS White Vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    Got mine a couple of days ago...THANKS my friend...Never seen or heard of most of them!! lol...Although I have heard of the distillers, I think! Got 5 total...Thanks again for doing this....all kinds of fun...Much appreciated!
    Pics?
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    edited October 2011
    I received my tube on Friday :) thanks so much! Some cool looking posters-I especially dig the Brad one! :D

Here is what was in my tube:

Ted Leo and the Pharmasists- SLC 03. Artist: Leia Bell; S/N 25/75

IS.php?id=8530&t=mi

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/8410

Heille Le Laid- Seripop 2004. Artist: Serigraphie Populaire; 5/50 (signed, stamped and dated on back)

IS.php?id=33430&t=mi

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/28817

Brad- Houston 02. Artist: Jermaine Rogers; S/N 9/50

IS.php?id=2012&t=mi

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/2203

Adopt a Greyhound 2004. Artist: Diana Sudyka; S/N 35/90

IS.php?id=21393&t=mi

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/18868
    Post edited by GivenToLukinKP on
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    Nice, Kelly!!! If you ever want to trade your Brad poster, just let me know! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    why did my images show up, and now they don't?

anyone know what that's all about?
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Nice, Kelly!!! If you ever want to trade your Brad poster, just let me know! :D

I sure will! did you get a tube?
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    Nope...had to sit this sale out, unfortunately. We've been spending a lot lately.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036

I noticed that when I refreshed my browser or erased my history images would disappear...If you follow your links and then go back to your post they should return...i think :lol:

Nice prints btw! Dig the Brad and the Greyhound!
    MLMF Det
  • Options

I noticed that when I refreshed my browser or erased my history images would disappear...If you follow your links and then go back to your post they should return...i think :lol:

Nice prints btw! Dig the Brad and the Greyhound!

thanks! it worked! I didnt erase my browser history but I did "edit" the post, which was probably enough to erase them. weird.
    thanks! :)

I like the posters I got too. I am only familiar with Brad, but I think they are all great. The greyhound one is very pretty-and its not a band (I dont think?) if anyone is a greyhound fan I would be happy to trade it. I might hang the Brad one (its kinda small and with the colors I thnk it might look good in the dressing area of my bathroom) but any of the others I am open to trading.
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    if anyone is a greyhound fan I would be happy to trade it.

I may take you up on that, we had a rescued greyhound that has since passed but plan on getting another one down the road. I will post what I get when my tube shows up, hopefully tomorrow :)
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Poster delivered in Pennsylvania today.. 5 works of art.

- http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/10990
    Artist:Brian Turner #12/50 ...Love the heavy stock and the whole layout of the piece.. I'll have to check the bands out.

- http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/26860
    #06/100 ... Really like this print and band.

- Two from Seripop
    #42/175 http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/25092 ..There is something about this one that I like, not sure what yet.
    #04/220 http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/25160 ..this one hurts my eyes

- http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/22022
    A/P #05/25 LOVE this one!..The solid colors,the creepy eyes, Jermaine Rogers.

Thanks J and Son... Count me in for the next time you decide to do this... :D
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    that rogers is pretty sweet
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    I think I might like your tube best so far jshin! Nice score!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874

how are you linking to them on ebeans?

i think they want you to use the "discuss remotely" links?
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    When I originally posted this, I purposely left out the reason I was trying to raise money. I didn't want it to be ALL about charity. I really wanted to get my collection (and a few surprises) in the hands of people in this community who mean a lot to me.

Essentially, this was a raffle of sorts. Some people are going to 'win' and some people go home with a 'consolation prize'. I wish we were all winners. But unfortunately, the reality is we are not. My Mother included.

Speaking of my Mom...she is on the list for a pancreas and kidney transplant, the reaon behind my sale. This money will be going to her and the mounting medical bills. A once gainfully employed person, is now blind and crippled by diabetes. She always appeared to be a healthy person on the outside. Not obese. Not a terrible eater with a sweet tooth. Just not a person with 'winning' genes. With this sale, I will be able to put about $3000 towards an improved quality of life. $500 going to Wishlist and $1500 to shipping costs (freight, tubes, paper, tape, etc...).

I apologize if you're underwhelmed by what you receive. It wasn't my intention to underwhelm or disappoint. I guess value varies in the eye of the beholder. I've received a lot of emails and PM's from very happy people. It puts a smile on my face. Just know that you helped do a great thing, or at least I think so.

Thanks again,

JMo
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Ooh, my tube just arrived. I forgot I had given JMo my work address!

Poster #1: Artist: Leia Bell 2004; Apollo Sunshine/Brilliant Stereo Mob/The Fighting Jacks/Drowning by Numbers; S/N #42/74
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/9043

Poster #2: Artist: Cricket-Press 2004; Don Caballero Southgate House; S/N #36/64
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/14663

Poster #3: Artist: Mark Pedini 2004; Shearwater/Will Johnson; signed (not numbered)
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/16703

Poster #4: Artist: Andrew Todd 2004; Dianogah Amsterdam. Unsigned.
    http://www.gigposters.com/poster/27098_Dianogah.html

Never heard of any of the bands but the posters are all kinda cool. My favourite is #3, least favourite probably #4.

Thanks JMo and l'il JMo, this was so much fun.

Also, since I don't know the bands I'm open to trade if someone sees something they want, just send me a PM.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    When I originally posted this, I purposely left out the reason I was trying to raise money. I didn't want it to be ALL about charity. I really wanted to get my collection (and a few surprises) in the hands of people in this community who mean a lot to me.

Essentially, this was a raffle of sorts. Some people are going to 'win' and some people go home with a 'consolation prize'. I wish we were all winners. But unfortunately, the reality is we are not. My Mother included.

Speaking of my Mom...she is on the list for a pancreas and kidney transplant, the reaon behind my sale. This money will be going to her and the mounting medical bills. A once gainfully employed person, is now blind and crippled by diabetes. She always appeared to be a healthy person on the outside. Not obese. Not a terrible eater with a sweet tooth. Just not a person with 'winning' genes. With this sale, I will be able to put about $3000 towards an improved quality of life. $500 going to Wishlist and $1500 to shipping costs (freight, tubes, paper, tape, etc...).

I apologize if you're underwhelmed by what you receive. It wasn't my intention to underwhelm or disappoint. I guess value varies in the eye of the beholder. I've received a lot of emails and PM's from very happy people. It puts a smile on my face. Just know that you helped do a great thing, or at least I think so.

Thanks again,

JMo

Best of luck to you and your mom. That is a great thing you are doing for her. She has a great child which is a reflection of what a great mom she must be.

Just curiousity - how did you end up collecting all these? It's obviously an amazing collection, but it seems there's no way 1 person could have possibly been to all those shows (not that you necessarily have to go to a show to get them - which is what the assumption is - but why then? other than the chance to do what you are doing. Which for a person such as me that's not a real believer in fate - seems like fate.)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:

Thanks again,

JMo

JMo, that was very generous of you to allow us to focus just on the posters alone, and I completely respect that decision even though you didn't have to do that! I'm glad the responses have been giving you fulfillment. Please don't apologize, we all knew the deal when we sent you our money. You didn't call it a mystery poster sale for nothing ;)

I'm sorry your mother is going through all this. I'm sort of in awe of how you've gone about this. You have very very a big heart and I hope the universe will come through with getting your mom the care that she needs.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:

Thanks again,

JMo

This is a great thing you have done JMo, I'm honored to be able to help in some way... I wish your mother and the rest of your family all the best.

• Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    JMo wrote:

Thanks again,

JMo
    WOW...now I am even more happy to have chipped in into this, this is a wonderful thing to do, JMo
    And you and your lucky-handed-son made me really really happy with what I got! (see next post ;) )
  • Options
    spencer958spencer958 Louisville, KY Posts: 279
    Got my tube today with 5 posters in it.

Poster #1
    th_Posters011.jpg
    Have no idea what this is but it's signed and numbered on the back in pencil. Any ideas?

Poster #2
    th_Posters010.jpg
    This poster is signed and numbered 15/58 in pencil.

Poster #3
    th_Posters009.jpg
    Poster is made with felt. Numbered 21/22 on the back

Poster #4
    th_Posters008.jpg
    Signed and numbered 74/380 in pencil

Poster #5
    th_Posters007.jpg
    Signed and numbered 32/50 in pen

This only one I may keep is number #5. Anybody wants to trade or make an offer on the others please PM me.
  • Options
    .....well, this doesn't look like a poster tube, right? :D:D:D

IMAG0003.jpg

seems the backpack just landed in good old Germany!!! Thaaaaaank youuuuuuu JMo!!!!! :thumbup: I actually feel like I won the lottery (which I never do because I'm not lucky when it comes to lotto :lol: maybe I should start to play now!!)
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:

IMAG0003.jpg

seems the backpack just landed in good old Germany!!! Thaaaaaank youuuuuuu JMo!!!!! :thumbup: I actually feel like I won the lottery (which I never do because I'm not lucky when it comes to lotto :lol: maybe I should start to play now!!)

nice!!!! :D:D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:

IMAG0003.jpg

Awesome!

• Options
    RubyJellyRubyJelly Posts: 116
    JMo wrote:

Thanks again,

JMo

I'm glad I could help out, albeit in this very small way.
    I lost both of my parents at a very young age and had no idea the importance of this life until then...
    God bless you and your Mom...
    Still waiting on my tubes, but have no doubts that I will love whatever I receive
  • Options
    Yes, that looks like a box containing a backpack! Congrats!
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words about my Mom.

She is only 50 years old. She had a quadruple bypass at 45, blind by 47. So, this has been a battle for over 5 years.

I started collecting posters, unoffically, in 1993 at my first non-lollapalooza PJ show. It started with Ames and then progressed to everything you see. I did not attend all the shows, but rather supported artists that I liked and art that appealed to me. I've spent a lot more than what I made, but I had a great time doing it. Glad it will be able to help a little.
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:

IMAG0003.jpg

WOW congratulations!!!
  • Options
    and these are the posters I got in the second item, actually this was a poster tube :D
    And I must say, I quite like what I got! Completely different styles and sizes and colours but all heavy stock paper and silk screened :D

Serigraphie Populaire - s/n 4/126 on the back
    IMAG0004-1.jpg

Grzeca 2004 - s/n 17/50
    IMAG0550-1.jpg

J. Vollmar 2003 - s/n 13/35
    IMAG0551-1.jpg

Denny Schmickle 2005 - 03 (or 63, can't tell)/65
    IMAG0552-1.jpg

D. Flattum 2004 - s/n 48/100
    IMAG0553-1.jpg
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:
    and these are the posters I got in the second item, actually this was a poster tube :D
    And I must say, I quite like what I got! Completely different styles and sizes and colours but all heavy stock paper and silk screened :D

Serigraphie Populaire - s/n 4/126 on the back
    IMAG0004-1.jpg

Grzeca 2004 - s/n 17/50
    IMAG0550-1.jpg

J. Vollmar 2003 - s/n 13/35
    IMAG0551-1.jpg

Denny Schmickle 2005 - 03 (or 63, can't tell)/65
    IMAG0552-1.jpg

D. Flattum 2004 - s/n 48/100
    IMAG0553-1.jpg

All very unique! The J. Vollmar one is quite intriguing. You lucky girl! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Got mine today! Very excited!

I got:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/14011
    IS.php?id=15390&t=mi
    beautiful Death Cab/ Jermaine AP 5/25

IS.php?id=17030&t=mi
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/15452
    FME/ Grzeca

3rd was an A.C. Newman print, not sure of the artist, couldn't find it on eBeans

last but certainly not least

IS.php?id=20704&t=mi
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/18354
    Black Rainbow Art Show/ Matt Moroz. Really like this one.

Got a great tube overall! love the Jermaine and Moroz.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    JMo,

Your mom should be proud of you. Giving up an amazing collection to help her out, and also to do it in such a fun way! You could have taken the time to list and sell everything on an auction site, but you chose to spread the love to others here on the board. :D

I wish you and your mom the best. Sending you good vibes and healing thoughts.

71step28-congrats on scoring the backpack! You even got some cool posters to boot! :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless