Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Tomorrow!! I can't wait! I might even watch it when it debuts, rather than watching on my DVR!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Yarden wrote:
    tomorrow :)

Dexter and Homeland! :thumbup: 8-)
    Can't wait!! Been watching the Homeland marathon today. Yay
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,740
    Really liked the season premiere last night. I was happy that Deb figured out everything in the first episode...I kinda thought that was something that they were going to drag out for the whole season.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    holy shit!!!!!!!!what an episode!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    That was crazy!!
    I honestly felt uncomfortable the entire episode!!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    That was crazy!!
    I honestly felt uncomfortable the entire episode!!

That was pretty awesome. Last 2 seasons have been pretty underwhelming so hopefully this is a good sign for this season!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Great start. Good to see the mannequin hand on the table at the end. I was wondering what the hell happened to it after the end of last season.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Pretty dark episode for sure. I like it when it goes that route. When Dexter is actually Dexter...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Wicked start to the season, shit has well and truly hit the fan!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    This, so far, has the elements to top Season 4 which I feel is the best season of this show.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    This, so far, has the elements to top Season 4 which I feel is the best season of this show.

Season 4 was the best by far. This season appears very promising.
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

Definitely. I re-watched season 4 last week over a couple of days, John Lithgow was incredible.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Really liked the season premiere last night. I was happy that Deb figured out everything in the first episode...I kinda thought that was something that they were going to drag out for the whole season.

me too. i was really impressed. they didn't take the easy way out. i have not liked either of the last 2 seasons, but now it appears the show is back on track. couldn't have asked for a better premier.

laguerta thinks doakes is alive :lol: ...they better not take the easy way out with that story line either!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

me too. i was really impressed. they didn't take the easy way out. i have not liked either of the last 2 seasons, but now it appears the show is back on track. couldn't have asked for a better premier.

laguerta thinks doakes is alive :lol: ...they better not take the easy way out with that story line either!

Competely agree. The last 2 seasons were not good compared to the rest of the series. A ton of lazy writing. Hoping the show goes out on a high note with these last 2 seasons.
  • Options
    so next season is their last? is that confirmed?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I know they renewed it for seasons 7 and 8. Most assumed it would be the last 2, but I don't think it has been confirmed yet. It is Showtime's most popular show by far so I wouldn't be suprised if they tried stretching it out more. I hope not.
  • Options

I know they renewed it for seasons 7 and 8. Most assumed it would be the last 2, but I don't think it has been confirmed yet. It is Showtime's most popular show by far so I wouldn't be suprised if they tried stretching it out more. I hope not.

okay. yeah it has been stretched out far too long, though this season looks incredible...it just should have happened in season 5.

i know i said this last year, but i hate how all these amazing shows come on during sunday night football! i dvr them and all...and depending on the game, i may watch 2 of them on sundays. i just hate waiting an extra day or two to watch them, knowing other people have already seen them. gotta avoid multiple conversations at work to not get any spoilers. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i know i said this last year, but i hate how all these amazing shows come on during sunday night football! i dvr them and all...and depending on the game, i may watch 2 of them on sundays. i just hate waiting an extra day or two to watch them, knowing other people have already seen them. gotta avoid multiple conversations at work to not get any spoilers. :lol:

It's brutal. Homeland, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and then The Walking Dead starts in a couple weeks. I do the same thing with the SNF game. My fiance's friend usually comes over to watch Dexter so I usually just end up watching that with them because I can't handle being in the other room while they are watching it.
  • Options

It's brutal. Homeland, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and then The Walking Dead starts in a couple weeks. I do the same thing with the SNF game. My fiance's friend usually comes over to watch Dexter so I usually just end up watching that with them because I can't handle being in the other room while they are watching it.
    i watch torrent style the next day :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

I canceled my HBO and Showtime so that's what I'm gonna start doing again. :D Still need to watch Sunday's Homeland and Dexter. I have a pretty good reason for missing them though. :mrgreen:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I canceled my HBO and Showtime so that's what I'm gonna start doing again. :D Still need to watch Sunday's Homeland and Dexter. I have a pretty good reason for missing them though. :mrgreen:
    true,,great shoes! :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    this is going to be one hell of a season
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

confirmed:

"Deb’s revelation of Dexter’s true self was originally going to kick off the series’ final season this year. However, speaking with TV Guide, Executive Producer Sara Colleton says Showtime ultimately convinced them to wait until Dexter season 8 (next year) to end the series.Though Showtime bosses hope otherwise, Colleton confirms that Dexter will definitely be ending next year."

So, 12 episodes this season & another 12 next year to end it for good.

source: http://screenrant.com/dexter-season-7-f ... co-182569/
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

confirmed:

"Deb’s revelation of Dexter’s true self was originally going to kick off the series’ final season this year. However, speaking with TV Guide, Executive Producer Sara Colleton says Showtime ultimately convinced them to wait until Dexter season 8 (next year) to end the series.Though Showtime bosses hope otherwise, Colleton confirms that Dexter will definitely be ending next year."

So, 12 episodes this season & another 12 next year to end it for good.

source: http://screenrant.com/dexter-season-7-f ... co-182569/
    cool..thanks
  • Options
    Still hope he gets caught at the end of the season. Then next season will be the trial. Could do a series of interviews with him, which could get into flash backs etc...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    They should have wrapped it up at the end of this season.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

My initial thought is to agree with you....they're gonna have to come up with a crazy storyline now, considering what Deb knows now

I have faith, though
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

My initial thought is to agree with you....they're gonna have to come up with a crazy storyline now, considering what Deb knows now

I have faith, though
    my thought too
  • Options
    Still hope he gets caught at the end of the season. Then next season will be the trial. Could do a series of interviews with him, which could get into flash backs etc...

Nothing personal, but that is an awful idea. The last season being a trial??? They'll come up with something better than that.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Nothing personal, but that is an awful idea. The last season being a trial??? They'll come up with something better than that.

If this season ends with him being caught, next season should be him escaping and fully succumbing to his dark passenger with no friends or family to keep him "human"
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City