Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,291
    JaneNY wrote:
    to the person (or her daughter) who called the whole "fight club" thing--well done! i did not see that coming. i always wondered why gellar would be out and about in broad daylight without anyone noticing.

That was me :)

Totally agree about watching a bunch of episodes at a time! But now I'm up to date and have to wait while they're doled out along with everyone else. And then we'll have ages till season 7 :evil:

i've been meaning to watch all season of the wire to see if it lives up to the hype. so that will be my next multiple episode show.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    by the way...i caught up by watching 5 episodes in the last 4 days on dvr.

that is how i originally got into the show. absolutely love watching shows like that...but when you're so used to watching whenever you want, it sucks to have to wait until sunday to see the next one :lol:

Thats how I started w/ Dexter. My fiance and I started watching it in January of this year and finished up the 5th season by the end of February. We were hooked. It definitely sucks waiting an entire week for each episode. Plus, this season has been the weakest of them all so far.

i think the one before trinity was worse. the one with jimmy smits. i didn't like last season either.

still love the show...i just think it will be a whole lot more interesting when deb or someone catches onto dexter and that becomes the focus of the show instead of the subplot to yet another serial killer in miami. that city has to have set a record in the last decade :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

i think the one before trinity was worse. the one with jimmy smits. i didn't like last season either.

still love the show...i just think it will be a whole lot more interesting when deb or someone catches onto dexter and that becomes the focus of the show instead of the subplot to yet another serial killer in miami. that city has to have set a record in the last decade :lol:

Up until this season, season 3 w/ Jimmy Smits was definitely the worst. I didn't mind last season w/ Julia Stiles. A little different than the standard Miami serial killer....like you said, that city sure has bad luck when it comes to serial killers.

And would you please watch the wire already! You'll finish that in no time...
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o8-)
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    holy crap! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Its about freakin time!

I hate this whole "wait an entire year for 12 more episodes" thing :x :x :x :x
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Up until this season, season 3 w/ Jimmy Smits was definitely the worst. I didn't mind last season w/ Julia Stiles. A little different than the standard Miami serial killer....like you said, that city sure has bad luck when it comes to serial killers.

And would you please watch the wire already! You'll finish that in no time...

I finally saw The Wire early last year. I'll second what this guy says...that show is awesome!! Probably my favorite TV show ever!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    Holy friggen crap!!!!! :shock:

Wow! It was a matter of time but still!!!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

this is what i've been waiting for! i could care less about the doomsday killer. everyone knew it would end the way it did. but i've been rooting for deb to finally catch onto dex. FINALLY!! i cannot wait until next season.

is she going to turn him in?

will dex confess everything and will they now work together (sort of) to get catch the bad guys, thus helping deb's career?

so many directions they can go. if done right, next season could be the best.

....what the hell was dex thinking killing him in the church though? deb knew he was going to be there. :? pretty sloppy dex! either way---i love that it happeneded the way it did :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Deb is in love with another serial killer!

That was pretty crazy. Great way to end the season....definitely setting things up for these last 2 seasons. Hopefully the show can finish up strong..
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Deb is in love with another serial killer!

That was pretty crazy. Great way to end the season....definitely setting things up for these last 2 seasons. Hopefully the show can finish up strong..

there is definitely 2 more?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, it was renewed for 2 more seasons a few weeks ago. They haven't said for sure these would be the last 2 seasons, but it probably will be. 8 seasons will be more than enough..
  • Options

Yeah, it was renewed for 2 more seasons a few weeks ago. They haven't said for sure these would be the last 2 seasons, but it probably will be. 8 seasons will be more than enough..

well that leads one to believe that maybe deb won't turn him right away...interesting.

it kind of seemed that the show had run it's course. but now it could have a totally different feel to it. a much fresher take on the same storyline.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    same as homeland..download torrent now,.. :D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.

:o :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options

....what the hell was dex thinking killing him in the church though? deb knew he was going to be there. :? pretty sloppy dex! either way---i love that it happeneded the way it did :thumbup:

My thoughts exactly!

Sometimes Dexter seems to get so carried away in satisfying himself and his need to have someone on his table that he lacks good judgment. But, he has more of a distraction now than he did in the earlier seasons in Harrison.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    I might be one of the few, but I thought the episode was "meh."

As soon as Deb told Dexter to go to the church to have another look around I knew the episode would end with Dexter killing the DDK and Deb witnessing it. It just seemed out of the blue..."days after we find the crime scene...go back and clear everything dexter..its so important that you have to do it right after the pageant"

I was also distracted by the fact that no detectives or unis went into the house to view the crime scene and check the house before Dexter did. You would think they would check the house to make there weren't any other bodies or that someone wasn't in there or just review the crime scene... Then when Dexter got there, they still aren't interested in reviewing the crime scene..giving Dexter enough time to hammer in the painting of course :roll: I couldn't stop thinking about this throughoug the episode.

I thought this season started okay, but it went downhill for me starting with the "rudy episode." I really, really hope things can pick up again for the last 2 seasons....but the fact that they are going to drag things out another 2 years doesn't appeal to me...
    and the last 2 seasons haven't been that good IMO.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    Better Dan wrote:

I was also distracted by the fact that no detectives or unis went into the house to view the crime scene and check the house before Dexter did. You would think they would check the house to make there weren't any other bodies or that someone wasn't in there or just review the crime scene... Then when Dexter got there, they still aren't interested in reviewing the crime scene..giving Dexter enough time to hammer in the painting of course :roll: I couldn't stop thinking about this throughoug the episode.

Yeah, that doesn't happen. The first thing the police would do is to secure the crime scene. They'd have to do that by going through each room to assure nobody was still there and that their investigators were safe. They'd never allow forensics to go in first under any circumstance. Once swept, they'd still go in with the forensics team. Ooooh well.

It's kind of unfortunate that we know this show has two more seasons. By knowing this it also made this season's ending less dramatic. Deb is clearly going to have to cover for him or turn a blind eye because you can't have a show about a guy in prison.
    I also got a hunch that she'd find out this season especially when she started to realize her new-found "love" for him.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't happen. The first thing the police would do is to secure the crime scene. They'd have to do that by going through each room to assure nobody was still there and that their investigators were safe. They'd never allow forensics to go in first under any circumstance. Once swept, they'd still go in with the forensics team. Ooooh well.

It's kind of unfortunate that we know this show has two more seasons. By knowing this it also made this season's ending less dramatic. Deb is clearly going to have to cover for him or turn a blind eye because you can't have a show about a guy in prison.
    I also got a hunch that she'd find out this season especially when she started to realize her new-found "love" for him.

The writing has definitely been a little sloppy this season w/ plenty of plot holes.

I'm hoping the fact that Deb has found out about Dexter revitalizes the show.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

That's another problem I have witht he Deb loving Dexter plotline that was just introduced. It's just too convenient that she realized this a few episodes before she saw him killing someone. I really hope the writers don't take the easy route..but with two seasons left, I don't think the "status-quo" will be changed too much. Either Deb is conflicted about what to do because of her feelings and covers for him / turns a blind eye or the writers really take the easy way out and she faints or something, thinks its a dream, and her therapist tells her it's because her mind is having trouble accepting her feelings for Dexter. They already set up another "big bad" for next season so it seems like it may just be the same formula again...Let me guess..the intern will be killed by Dexter in the season finale (just like in every season). I really hope not and they go for something new.

I think next season's premiere should really be an indication of where things are going and show whether the Dexter's writing will improve. This season had just too many plot contrivances and and instances of sloppy writing. Another thing from a few episodes ago -- Dexter called 911 to leave an anonymous tip about DDK, but didn't disguise his voice in any way and called from his personal cell phone. I find it hard to believe that the Lieutenant or lead detectives on the case wouldn't listen to the 911 phone call themselves or try to figure out what number called it.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :shock: :shock: :shock: wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Another thing from a few episodes ago -- Dexter called 911 to leave an anonymous tip about DDK, but didn't disguise his voice in any way and called from his personal cell phone. I find it hard to believe that the Lieutenant or lead detectives on the case wouldn't listen to the 911 phone call themselves or try to figure out what number called it.

Yet another good point. My girlfriend brought this up and I thought it was a really good observation.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    Another thing from a few episodes ago -- Dexter called 911 to leave an anonymous tip about DDK, but didn't disguise his voice in any way and called from his personal cell phone. I find it hard to believe that the Lieutenant or lead detectives on the case wouldn't listen to the 911 phone call themselves or try to figure out what number called it.

Yet another good point. My girlfriend brought this up and I thought it was a really good observation.

Yeah, I said the same exact thing when that happened. That's just lazy writing right there...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I don't really care about the Deb/Dexter thing - I just want to know how super-non-corrupt Deb is going to reconcile what she saw Dexter do in the last 10 seconds. That is the real question IMO. And now we have to wait till September again :evil:
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Yeah, I said the same exact thing when that happened. That's just lazy writing right there...

this show has featured lazy writing since season 3. just gotta look past it and accept the show for what it is.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

That's another problem I have witht he Deb loving Dexter plotline that was just introduced. It's just too convenient that she realized this a few episodes before she saw him killing someone. I really hope the writers don't take the easy route..but with two seasons left, I don't think the "status-quo" will be changed too much. Either Deb is conflicted about what to do because of her feelings and covers for him / turns a blind eye or the writers really take the easy way out and she faints or something, thinks its a dream, and her therapist tells her it's because her mind is having trouble accepting her feelings for Dexter. They already set up another "big bad" for next season so it seems like it may just be the same formula again...Let me guess..the intern will be killed by Dexter in the season finale (just like in every season). I really hope not and they go for something new.

i believe deb finds out about dex in the books and they sort of work together. i haven't read them yet but this is what i've been told. for years i've been wanting them to go this direction. now that they finally are it seems like they're embracing the show's roots in a way. if done right, this could really rejuvenate the show.

i've always thought it would call to see everyone's reactions to finding out about dex's dark passenger. looks like we might get that next season...or in the last season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

why didnt deb put 2 and 2 together when dexter "fell off his boat" and swam to shore the same night that the ring of fire was seen in the ocean in the middle of the night? It never even crossed her mind.
    Then, the fact that dexter sets ddk up in a hotel room, gets him a cell phone, and then calls/texts/and video messages him?
    Didnt dexter ever think that phone might be found by police? how would he explain that one?

i guess he didnt worry about that because he knew the writers would just ignore it all. :lol:

in real life-- that shit never would happen. he leaves a lot of shit and does a lot of stuff that no normal person would get away with. all the breaking and entering into peoples homes for clues and proof?

another thing i find interesting is something I was thinking about last night---the beginning of season 1 of this show, they played dexter out as this serial killer who only goes after the "bad" guys, the one the police didnt catch or the that slipped through the court systems. That has gone entirely out of the picture. now he tries to beat the police to it, he kills any "bad guy" before due process; before the police or court system ever get a shot at them. i realize that was a point lost a long time ago, but i just realized it now.

i know its pointless, but just an observation.

personally, my favorite season was the "bay harbor butcher" one. but I actually liked this one too. It was a litte more interesting with the whole religious aspect thrown in.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

i believe deb finds out about dex in the books and they sort of work together. i haven't read them yet but this is what i've been told. for years i've been wanting them to go this direction. now that they finally are it seems like they're embracing the show's roots in a way. if done right, this could really rejuvenate the show.

i've always thought it would call to see everyone's reactions to finding out about dex's dark passenger. looks like we might get that next season...or in the last season.

In the books Deb knows by the 2nd book, but she is never really "excited" for it. She kind of ignores it. Of course I only got to the third book and stopped halfway because of how horrible it was.

Didn't like the Deb in love crap. Thought that was more bizarre then anything. Deb seeing Dexter annoyed me only because they teased it last year. But I'll still watch it. Still want him to get caught for real before it's over, and go through a trial.

And the waiting at the crime scene to enter after Dexter was horrible, considering every other crime scene they show, Dexter shows up late and everyone is doing their thing.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    anyone think trinity didnt kill rita???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

what's your theory?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

what's your theory?

that the neighbour did it.

when quinn spoke to him he was terribly eager to paint dex as an absent husband/father. later when he spoke to dexter he made it a point of telling dex how much hed have to sacrifice for his his kids now rita was dead, just like he himself had to do. it mustve killed him to have pretty little rita living next door alone night after night while dex was off killing people and working and rita so devoted to her husband(even tho they kissed). where is his wife anyway??? did she die from disease or in a accident or did she 'just leave'?

my theory was that the neighbour made advances towards rita and she rebuffed him and in a fit of anger/jealously he killed her. but if that was the case thered have been evidence of more violence than a simple cut to her femoral artery. tho maybe he smothered her and cause they all think she died of exsanguination they didnt bother to check her eyeballs for petechial haemorrhaging. she looked so peaceful just lying there in her bath of blood. i might of missed it but was there any discussion about the findings of her autopsy?? any discussion how the killer immobilised her enough so she bled out?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say