Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    It was pretty fucking ridiculous with the dead brother....I was actually a lot more interested in what the other characters were doing instead of Dexter.

"Rudy" throwing a trash bag while Dexter was walking away, "Rudy" eating a burger, "Rudy" disappearing behind the car, "Rudy" in the mirror at the store while waiting for Dex.... :? Not sure what they were thinking with this episode.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    just download it..ready to watch.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Better Dan wrote:
    It was pretty fucking ridiculous with the dead brother....I was actually a lot more interested in what the other characters were doing instead of Dexter.

"Rudy" throwing a trash bag while Dexter was walking away, "Rudy" eating a burger, "Rudy" disappearing behind the car, "Rudy" in the mirror at the store while waiting for Dex.... :? Not sure what they were thinking with this episode.

I know...it was a little much. In the one scene, "Rudy" was sitting there eating a cheeseburger wearing a 'Nebraska is for lovers' t-shirt. I don't know what the hell the writers were thinking...
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Better Dan wrote:

I know...it was a little much. In the one scene, "Rudy" was sitting there eating a cheeseburger wearing a 'Nebraska is for lovers' t-shirt. I don't know what the hell the writers were thinking...

I guess had the camera moved really fast to the right like it did in that barn we would have seen it was really dexter eating the burger, despite the fact that he was walking towards the door... :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I actually thought that scene was great. I think it just means his dark passenger controls him more then you think is all.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I didn't really like this episode as much - it seemed a little contrived - maybe a little of Rudy would have been okay, but there just seemed too much of him. But I guess Rudy in this was kind of like the guy in Fight Club who 'starts' fight club, but was really part of the main guy. (I forgot their names!) I like the religious plot with Travis and the professor better.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I'm starting to hate Dexter. He's becoming a fairly unsympathetic character.
  • Options

I agree after last night. And it's been renewed till season 8.

I'm starting to think Deb's on to something with him.

It's obvious LaGuerta is covering for Mathews.

This season is sort of losing it now...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    My daughter out of the blue last night told me she thought that Gellar was like the guy in Fight Club, ie., that Travis is really the main killer and Gellar is an imaginary character. Her point was that no one else has seen Gellar. It weirded me out a bit since I mentioned Fight Club last week. I wanted to say okay who chained Travis to the floor then, but....I liked this week's episode better than last. Rudy needs to be gone for good - he was interesting in the first season, but he's done at this point IMO.
  • Options

Yeah, I don't know about 2 more seasons after this one (which has been pretty bad so far).

I was thinking that LaGuerta is covering for Angel...but Matthews does have that history w/ prostitutes.
  • Options
    love how this goes..hehe
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    SPOILER

Didn't think Dexter would get out of that basement as quickly as he did...at least based on the previews from last night.
  • Options
    downloading now :D
  • Options

Yeah, I don't know about 2 more seasons after this one (which has been pretty bad so far).

I knew that LaGuerta was covering for Mathews...but I don't think the season is losing it. I thought it was a nice twist with Gellar and the boyfriend has the hand...creepy. I guess that is what I like the creepiness to it. I don't think Deb is on to anything really. I just think she is finding out about herself. I think this season is better than last but nothing beats Trinity this far. :D

I was thinking that LaGuerta is covering for Angel...but Matthews does have that history w/ prostitutes.
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • Options
    Yea season 6 is really starting to lose it... Way way to much going on with the different characters.

• Options
    cool..lets see now how it goes..hehehhehe..
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    JaneNY wrote:
    My daughter out of the blue last night told me she thought that Gellar was like the guy in Fight Club, ie., that Travis is really the main killer and Gellar is an imaginary character. Her point was that no one else has seen Gellar. It weirded me out a bit since I mentioned Fight Club last week. I wanted to say okay who chained Travis to the floor then, but....I liked this week's episode better than last. Rudy needs to be gone for good - he was interesting in the first season, but he's done at this point IMO.

seems like your daughter was kinda right..
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:

seems like your daughter was kinda right..

Yeah, it sounds like she was right on. I did not see that coming at all...
  • Options
    torrent downloading now :D
  • Options
    awesome..love see Dexter so angry :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Ok, that was a much better episode than the last few!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Completely agree. That sort of grabbed me again. How many do we have left this season? 2 or 3?

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    mca47 wrote:

Completely agree. That sort of grabbed me again. How many do we have left this season? 2 or 3?
    According to the previews for next week, just two left
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    paraphrased cause I can't remember exactly:

"come on, give me something I can use"
    (opens drawer and finds pink dildo)
    "gimme something else"

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Release Me wrote:
    paraphrased cause I can't remember exactly:

"come on, give me something I can use"
    (opens drawer and finds pink dildo)
    "gimme something else"

:lol::lol::lol:
    :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Nice episode. I want to know 1) is Matthews going to get taken down by Deb? 2) What's going to happen with Masuka's intern and now 3) Batista, and 4) does Travis end up on 'the table'? There's a lot of stuff to tie up in just 2 episodes.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    JaneNY wrote:
    Nice episode. I want to know 1) is Matthews going to get taken down by Deb? 2) What's going to happen with Masuka's intern and now 3) Batista, and 4) does Travis end up on 'the table'? There's a lot of stuff to tie up in just 2 episodes.

i finally caught up. good god please let deb finally catch onto dexter. show would be better if they sprinkled just a little bit of reality into it.

how bad of an actor is the guy who plays quin? he's actually worse than the actress who plays deb.

what is the deal with masuka's intern? what are the odds that 2 interns in a row have a fascination with the ice truck killer? :?

to the person (or her daughter) who called the whole "fight club" thing--well done! i did not see that coming. i always wondered why gellar would be out and about in broad daylight without anyone noticing.

the laguerta/mathews thing was obvious to me right away. i think deb will move forward on the case regardless if she finds out about them or not.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    by the way...i caught up by watching 5 episodes in the last 4 days on dvr.

that is how i originally got into the show. absolutely love watching shows like that...but when you're so used to watching whenever you want, it sucks to have to wait until sunday to see the next one :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    by the way...i caught up by watching 5 episodes in the last 4 days on dvr.

that is how i originally got into the show. absolutely love watching shows like that...but when you're so used to watching whenever you want, it sucks to have to wait until sunday to see the next one :lol:

Thats how I started w/ Dexter. My fiance and I started watching it in January of this year and finished up the 5th season by the end of February. We were hooked. It definitely sucks waiting an entire week for each episode. Plus, this season has been the weakest of them all so far.
  • Options
    to the person (or her daughter) who called the whole "fight club" thing--well done! i did not see that coming. i always wondered why gellar would be out and about in broad daylight without anyone noticing.

That was me :)

Totally agree about watching a bunch of episodes at a time! But now I'm up to date and have to wait while they're doled out along with everyone else. And then we'll have ages till season 7 :evil: