Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Like is there something up with the new nanny?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Like is there something up with the new nanny?

if you mean another dumb move by dexter, then sure.

why on earth would a serial killer hire one of his work buddies' sister to basically live in his apartment and watch his kid? surely she won't notice anything strange with the odd schedule dexter keeps. surely she won't mention anything to her brother, the lead detective for miami metro pd.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

why on earth would a serial killer hire one of his work buddies' sister to basically live in his apartment and watch his kid? surely she won't notice anything strange with the odd schedule dexter keeps. surely she won't mention anything to her brother, the lead detective for miami metro pd.

Yeah, that did seem like a pretty dumb move to hire Angel's sister as the nanny. I can't tell if this is going to come back to bite him in the ass or if it's just a plot hole. I feel like there have been a few plot holes this season...there is a new showrunner for this season so maybe there isn't enough attention to detail as there has been in the past???
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

I thought something was going to come of the old nanny. I'm certain that something will come up this year...like she discovers something in his apartment, or catches him doing something.
    As far as the weird schedule he has, I'm pretty sure Bautista knows Dex is a strange guy. A good friend, but strange, so even if she told him he'd think it wasn't a big deal.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Yeah, that did seem like a pretty dumb move to hire Angel's sister as the nanny. I can't tell if this is going to come back to bite him in the ass or if it's just a plot hole. I feel like there have been a few plot holes this season...there is a new showrunner for this season so maybe there isn't enough attention to detail as there has been in the past???

if you ask me there are tooooooons of plot holes in just about every episode of this show :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

if you ask me there are tooooooons of plot holes in just about every episode of this show :lol:

Yep. Every episode I can usually count 3-4 "C'mon..." moments.
    mca47 wrote:

Yep. Every episode I can usually count 3-4 "C'mon..." moments.

Yeah, it just seems like it has gotten a lot worse this season....I think it was the 1st or 2nd episode where the guy just magically appeared in the kill room....that was pretty bad.
  • i know there are things to knit pick for for gods sake this show is still top 5 on tv right now! My personal favorite for damn sure! I still have confidence in the fact that this seasons writing will be awesome, which i think it has been pretty good so far
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • mca47 wrote:

I thought something was going to come of the old nanny. I'm certain that something will come up this year...like she discovers something in his apartment, or catches him doing something.
    As far as the weird schedule he has, I'm pretty sure Bautista knows Dex is a strange guy. A good friend, but strange, so even if she told him he'd think it wasn't a big deal.

She already made the comment that Dexter must be stressed, with his late boat rides etc.... I think they sort of due that to make you think about it, even though they have no intent on going on with it.

But I'm wondering if either she is going to have a crush on him, or something like that.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    i know there are things to knit pick for for gods sake this show is still top 5 on tv right now! My personal favorite for damn sure! I still have confidence in the fact that this seasons writing will be awesome, which i think it has been pretty good so far

Totally there- sometimes when watching a show you just have to look the other way with a plot hole. The drama and side stories are shaping up to be good too.

I don't think much is going to happen with the babysitter. Basically since Dexter has a child, there has to be a babysitter, and there has to be a super flexible one that loves kids and doesn't mind all his crazy hours, to free up the story to be about him, and to give him the freedom to come and go as if he was just a single guy.

All that being said, the little guy that plays Harrison has got to be one of cutest little kids ever.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • The scene in the latest episode where Dexter was in the back seat of Travis's car was pretty intense. That shoots straight back to the original book. Dexter forces them to drive to the kill zone.. Really awesome.

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Just caught up on the last two episodes and really enjoyed them. I just wonder why Dexter didn't make Travis drive him to Gellar or at least tell him where Gellar would be.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • HOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

TAKE THAT SEASON 6 DOUBTERS!!!!

I knew the writers would please.....this is so bad ass
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    HOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

8-)

Oh yeah! I'm absolutely loving this season, so far. The ending of tonight's episode was great (I was slightly worried Dexter would choose the light :lol: ) Awesome moment and great shocker with Dexter's new vision.

Previews for next week look great! Poor Travis..Something tells me he may not be around much longer. I don't think Gellar takes disobedience well.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    ready to watch it :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Whoooooooa! Looks like they have some crazy surprises in store!
    awesome episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    awesome episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second best epsiode for me only after the season finale where Rita was killed.
  • Better Dan wrote:

Oh yeah! I'm absolutely loving this season, so far. The ending of tonight's episode was great (I was slightly worried Dexter would choose the light :lol: ) Awesome moment and great shocker with Dexter's new vision.

Previews for next week look great! Poor Travis..Something tells me he may not be around much longer. I don't think Gellar takes disobedience well.
    I've read a theory that Gellar is actually dead and he's pretty much Travis' Harry. When you think about it has anybody other than Travis ever addressed him and how could he walk around in public without people noticing him as the Doomsday killer.
    Better Dan wrote:

I've read a theory that Gellar is actually dead and he's pretty much Travis' Harry. When you think about it has anybody other than Travis ever addressed him and how could he walk around in public without people noticing him as the Doomsday killer.

I've read that too, but if that's the case who tied up the girl Travis liked? I suppose if Travis is crazy he could have blacked out, but I dont know if I buy it just yet..guess we'll wait and see. 8-) The camera also showed Gellar watching Travis have sex...he wouldnt be watching if he wasnt real..unless Travis was imagining him watching.. :? :shock: :geek:

The Gellar being out in public supports that theory though..and so far..I don't think we've actually seen Gellar do anything to anyone or see anyone acknowledge his existence have we? It's always been Travis. Hmmmm....really can't wait to see where all this goes. Again, excellent season so far.
  • Yea the episode was ridiculously good. Especially the last five minutes. Hard to be what is going to happen next besides a road trip!

I like the Gellar theory

Yea the episode was ridiculously good. Especially the last five minutes.
  • This season is so awesome. It amazes me that it just gets better and better.
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • But will it be better then Season 4? That's the question. Has some potential.

• But will it be better then Season 4? That's the question. Has some potential.

You have a point...Season 4 was awesome..=)
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Better Dan wrote:
    Just caught up on the last two episodes and really enjoyed them. I just wonder why Dexter didn't make Travis drive him to Gellar or at least tell him where Gellar would be.

Because at this point I'm not sure they realize Travis is working Gellar, and also, Dexter is kind of working 'on the side', rather than officially with the department knowing.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    No comments on Dexter yet?

I thought last night's episode was one of the worst episodes in a long time...maybe the worst ever. It may be that I was listening to the Buenos Aires show while watching Dexter... :lol: but maybe not. Not sure why Dexter had to go to Nebraska..I mean people are murdered all over the country all the time..why revisit that family's storyline? The episode also didn't really add anything to this season's overall arc...nothing new with the Gellar/Travis storyline...just the same ol' same ol'...it seemed like it was just written to take up a slot rather than move anything along.

I may have to watch it again but that scene where "Rudy" got the rake seemed to be incredibly stupid. Dexter looked kind've far from it and why wouldn't the man just shoot Dexter as he was reaching for the weapon..it seems like Dexter would have had to step back to grab the rake as he was further from it than "Rudy." Also, Dexter decides to leave town for 5 days without any prior notice and the sitter doesnt think its weird and just agrees to babysit the entire time? Didnt seem very realistic to me....

What I am liking this season are the little touches that make Miami Metro more realistic than it has been in prior seasons..like clearing off the homicides from the white board and the lieutenant hearings. Reminds me of the things we saw in The Wire.
    I think the trip to Nebraska and the whole interaction with his brother is setting something up down the line.
    Better Dan wrote:
    No comments on Dexter yet?

I thought last night's episode was one of the worst episodes in a long time...maybe the worst ever. It may be that I was listening to the Buenos Aires show while watching Dexter... :lol: but maybe not. Not sure why Dexter had to go to Nebraska..I mean people are murdered all over the country all the time..why revisit that family's storyline? The episode also didn't really add anything to this season's overall arc...nothing new with the Gellar/Travis storyline...just the same ol' same ol'...it seemed like it was just written to take up a slot rather than move anything along.

I may have to watch it again but that scene where "Rudy" got the rake seemed to be incredibly stupid. Dexter looked kind've far from it and why wouldn't the man just shoot Dexter as he was reaching for the weapon..it seems like Dexter would have had to step back to grab the rake as he was further from it than "Rudy." Also, Dexter decides to leave town for 5 days without any prior notice and the sitter doesnt think its weird and just agrees to babysit the entire time? Didnt seem very realistic to me....

What I am liking this season are the little touches that make Miami Metro more realistic than it has been in prior seasons..like clearing off the homicides from the white board and the lieutenant hearings. Reminds me of the things we saw in The Wire.

It was pretty fucking ridiculous with the dead brother....I was actually a lot more interested in what the other characters were doing instead of Dexter.