2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Sucks to be a Canadian subscriber of cable/satellite because they'll use this to drive up the already overprice cable/sat fees Canadians pay, I do love it that TSN lost hockey, now maybe they'll sell the hockey night in Canada theme song back to CBC :lol::lol::lol:.

CTV bought the theme song

I was hopeful CBC would get it back.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I was hopeful CBC would get it back.

i wonder how much money she wanted that cbc didn't want to renew it back in 2008
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    RoughMix wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Bob Probert ... Wish he was around for this game.

Probie would have loved this!
    Man,what a treat watching him play.
    I was at this game.One of the best fights I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FAReX5k9cA

thats a famous one for sure...

Hate the Rogers deal. Fuck Rogers.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    thats a famous one for sure...

Hate the Rogers deal. Fuck Rogers.

i echo your sentiments but can i ask how a yank comes to this conclusion?
    I love HNIC. As a kid, when options were limited, we would watch on Saturday night, often using an antenna to grab the French broadcast.... Nostalgia. even now, Saturday night hearing the Coach's Corner music it brings me back.

I have grown to like TSN. great sports coverage, I frequent their site for NHL news and CFL information. I also watch their CFL coverage on NBC Sports here in the US. I also like their WJC coverage (which is unchanged). I have the NHL package which often times broadcasts TSN coverage.

Rogers represents everything wrong in television. They have the same model as Comcast here. Buy everything in site and squeeze the customer to pass on the cost (while keeping everything they bought exclusive to their subscribers). It is an evil empire and they even have a fixing to buy the Buffalo Bills and steal them from Buffalo.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I love HNIC. As a kid, when options were limited, we would watch on Saturday night, often using an antenna to grab the French broadcast.... Nostalgia. even now, Saturday night hearing the Coach's Corner music it brings me back.

I have grown to like TSN. great sports coverage, I frequent their site for NHL news and CFL information. I also watch their CFL coverage on NBC Sports here in the US. I also like their WJC coverage (which is unchanged). I have the NHL package which often times broadcasts TSN coverage.

Rogers represents everything wrong in television. They have the same model as Comcast here. Buy everything in site and squeeze the customer to pass on the cost (while keeping everything they bought exclusive to their subscribers). It is an evil empire and they even have a fixing to buy the Buffalo Bills and steal them from Buffalo.

ahhhh ... that's without having to deal with them and their tv/phone BS ... hahaha ... hopefully, the crew from tsn will move over to sportsnet ...
  • Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was a joke at first, and I'm still holding out hope that it is:

http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=494264
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
    SK359828 wrote:
    Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was a joke at first, and I'm still holding out hope that it is:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    SK359828 wrote:
    Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was a joke at first, and I'm still holding out hope that it is:

holy f'king cheese.... brutal :lol: :fp:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    TSN and Sportsnet its all the same to be me, they are both part of big media conglomerates here in Canada. All this monster deal means is that cable/sat subscribers (which I am not 1 of, so I was glad CBC stayed on board) here in Canada will see their monthly bill increase. Some of what I read in the past was that TSN wanted all the hockey and cutting CBC out and if this was true then that would be bad, not everyone wants to pay ridiculous monthly fees to cable/sat companies.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

according to this article it doesn't sound great for CBC either.

NHL agrees to 12-year, $5.2B rights deal with Rogers

http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/364089

edit ... so from what I've read CBC essentially has no say ... they pay nothing to broadcast Saturday night hockey and also receive no money from the advertising. So I'm guessing here, but I would almost think that the regional saturday games in the Canadian markets will be broadcast on sports net, leaving CBC with maybe Florida and Columbus ;):lol::lol:. So glad I'm not dependent upon Saturday night hockey or any hockey for that matter. Another reason the nfl is leaps ahead of all the other major sports, I can still watch plenty of great football without paying for cable or satellite.

So either way TSN and Sportsnet were going to take control ... too bad the CBC executives don't have balls and said no deal.

they are saying salary caps can go up like $3 million just based on this deal alone ... in watching the production of games - i definitely prefer cbc then tsn ... sportsnet definitely on the bottom ...
    I prefer cbc ... sounds like cbc will be out of the hockey business in 4 years, thats a damn shame ... but I doubt anyway has ever accused the nhl of knowing what there doing which is alienating people like myself who only get cbc ...

• jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Nami wrote:
    SK359828 wrote:

holy f'king cheese.... brutal :lol: :fp:

Reminds me of this:

http://youtu.be/tX5ZRE26YWM. NSFW

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,683
    SK359828 wrote:

why did it have to be the Leafs in the highlite package :fp:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    The new deal with Rogers will be better for hockey fans in Canada who subscribe t0 satellite and cable. They are eliminating regional broadcast so you'll be able to watch a game in any market in Canada ... I'm always in favour of choice. I just didn't like the NHL cutting CBC out of the picture.

lukin2006 wrote:
    The new deal with Rogers will be better for hockey fans in Canada who subscribe t0 satellite and cable. They are eliminating regional broadcast so you'll be able to watch a game in any market in Canada ... I'm always in favour of choice. I just didn't like the NHL cutting CBC out of the picture.

president of radio canada was on metro morning ... at the end of the day, cbc will still be showing hockey games ... the style and framework is still to be worked out i guess ...

i agree with you tho ... cbc was by far the best produced hockey show ... tsn a close second ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

president of radio canada was on metro morning ... at the end of the day, cbc will still be showing hockey games ... the style and framework is still to be worked out i guess ...

i agree with you tho ... cbc was by far the best produced hockey show ... tsn a close second ...

Unfortunately for CBC its only 4 years ... but they have absolutely no say in which game they get and how its produced. I suspect in 4 years time there will be no NHL over the air, you'll either have to have satellite/cable or whatever. One of the reports said Rogers wanted this deal so they could attract cable cutters back to pay for tv again. Hate to break it to Rogers it'll be a cold day in hell before i'll ever subscribe to cable/satellite again in this country.

This is going to seriously hurt TSN. When I did have satellite Rogers and TSN were in separate packages, so I suspect many people will drop TSN and pick up Rogers. I think it's another bullshit move by Bettman towards Canada ... I think they could have easily split the NHL up with Sportsnet, TSN and CBC.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Unfortunately for CBC its only 4 years ... but they have absolutely no say in which game they get and how its produced. I suspect in 4 years time there will be no NHL over the air, you'll either have to have satellite/cable or whatever. One of the reports said Rogers wanted this deal so they could attract cable cutters back to pay for tv again. Hate to break it to Rogers it'll be a cold day in hell before i'll ever subscribe to cable/satellite again in this country.

This is going to seriously hurt TSN. When I did have satellite Rogers and TSN were in separate packages, so I suspect many people will drop TSN and pick up Rogers. I think it's another bullshit move by Bettman towards Canada ... I think they could have easily split the NHL up with Sportsnet, TSN and CBC.

i think most of the providers now include both tsn and sportsnet in their sports package ... i'm with bell and I get both those channels ...

in the end - rogers offered A BOAT LOAD of money for the exclusivity ... what's good for the fans is obviously secondary ...
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    SK359828 wrote:

why did it have to be the Leafs in the highlite package :fp:

Because this is Uhmurica, dagnabbit!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i think most of the providers now include both tsn and sportsnet in their sports package ... i'm with bell and I get both those channels ...

in the end - rogers offered A BOAT LOAD of money for the exclusivity ... what's good for the fans is obviously secondary ...

If you have the basic bell package all you get is TSN ... so this deal will force hockey fans to add a package so they can get sports net. I really don't care whether TSN or Sportsnet has the NHL ... I really don't like CBC being cut out of hockey the way they were ... I know it'll be on the air for 4 more years, but that doesn't guarantee the cup finals will be broadcast on CBC. In 4 years there will be no over the air hockey ... and I'm currently a Rogers phone subscriber so I will be switching over as soon as possible.

As for over the air ... I know plenty of people who just have antenna.

How Rogers hockey deal compares with other sports

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e15614190/

The NFL just WOW ...

• damn, my beloved blues are looking pretty good right now. steen and halak are playing out of their minds.

just wait, we are gonna get devoured by the injury bug, as we do every year.

:fp: :fp:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • With Crosby's awesomeness continuing to heat up, I'm sure there's a puck to the face around the corner, a strange carom off the boards perhaps?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Anyone have a video stream link for the Devil/Ranger game that's going on right now?
    Not on my tv and listening to it on the radio is lame... :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, got one on my normal site, finally.. 8-)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    In other news, it is believed that the cap for next year will be at 71 Million.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    Datsyuk returns tonight!!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
    that Neal knee to the head of Marchand was despicable, and in my opinion was more dangerous and severe than both the Bertuzzi incident and the McSorley/Brashear incident. Considering he is a repeat offender, 5 games is a joke.

Thornton on the other hand. Slew-foots a guy from behind and pounds his face/head into the ice with a gloved hand. And you have Roenick and Jones on air last night defending him.

Then you have John Scott administering a borderline hit on Erickson (who needs to learn to keep his head up by the way), and that walking Penis Pierre McGuire flips out and starts some sort of lynch mob to run John Scott out of the NHL. Mike Milbury went on for 3 segments basically calling for every person ever to be involved with the Sabres be tarred and feathered for this.

Where is the outrage for this? It is 100x worse than John Scott's incident and he got 7 games, and had no prior history
    MayDay10 wrote:
    that Neal knee to the head of Marchand was despicable, and in my opinion was more dangerous and severe than both the Bertuzzi incident and the McSorley/Brashear incident. Considering he is a repeat offender, 5 games is a joke.

Thornton on the other hand. Slew-foots a guy from behind and pounds his face/head into the ice with a gloved hand. And you have Roenick and Jones on air last night defending him.

Then you have John Scott administering a borderline hit on Erickson (who needs to learn to keep his head up by the way), and that walking Penis Pierre McGuire flips out and starts some sort of lynch mob to run John Scott out of the NHL. Mike Milbury went on for 3 segments basically calling for every person ever to be involved with the Sabres be tarred and feathered for this.

Where is the outrage for this? It is 100x worse than John Scott's incident and he got 7 games, and had no prior history

The people involved with the NHL should be embarrassed ... Not week goes by when guys don't get suspended ... A guy gets rocked by a clean hit and a scrum break out, some knucklehead chases the hitter down, what a joke. There are so many scrums after whistles ... And IMO it's because the NHL should only have between 21-24 teams, most of these 3 rd and 4 the liners are AHL material, and don't be surprised that they don't add Seattle and KC at some point.

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    MayDay10 wrote:

Agreed.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"