2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    lukin2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

boooooooooooooooooo

I think it's cool ... especially since he shot the puck, and a pretty good shot for a goalie at that ... :thumbup: :thumbup:

All that off season golfing finally pays off. ;)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    drivingrl wrote:
    All that off season golfing finally pays off. ;)

:lol::D

:clap::clap:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Since Teemu Selanne is my favourite player, I couldn't say no when I found a good ticket for tonight's Leafs/Ducks game. Gotta go and give the man a standing ovation tonight.
  • John Scott at it again last night. What a fucking goon.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    NBC Sports went embarrassingly over the top demonizing him and the Sabres. Milbury went full retard and was a few steps less professional than Jerry the King Lawler. Keith Jones (cyclops) wasnt much better.

5 years ago, that hit was celebrated.

Mike Milbury also attacked fans with a shoe and also recently verbally assaulted a pee wee hockey player.

NBCSports also billed this as "rivalry night" and played/looped/glorified clips of the Lucic on Miller hit. The hit where they criticized the Sabres to no end for not responding... yet the Bruins were smart and classy for not responding to this hit.

All sorts of contradiction everywhere. NBC Sports is a joke.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    NBC Sports went embarrassingly over the top demonizing him and the Sabres. Milbury went full retard and was a few steps less professional than Jerry the King Lawler. Keith Jones (cyclops) wasnt much better.

5 years ago, that hit was celebrated.

Mike Milbury also attacked fans with a shoe and also recently verbally assaulted a pee wee hockey player.

NBCSports also billed this as "rivalry night" and played/looped/glorified clips of the Lucic on Miller hit. The hit where they criticized the Sabres to no end for not responding... yet the Bruins were smart and classy for not responding to this hit.

All sorts of contradiction everywhere. NBC Sports is a joke.

Milbury is a clown. But at the same time, Scott is an even bigger clown.
    Is he?

He was on the Blackhawks for awhile. He is a good fighter, big guy... But they are acting now as if he is some unhinged uncontrollable monster who has a long history of maiming innocent players.

The ironic part, is the Sabres signed Scott in response to the Bruins and their garbage play and the refusal of the NHL to do anything about it.

And his game really isnt as bad as the flak he is getting.

So do we and the NHL want to get rid of goons overall? I have always liked goons. It was always the first thing I would check on the lineup sheet going to games: Which fighters the opposing team has. Media though works themselves into fits of rage though when the both "support" and rail against violence.
    I do wish there was some way to limit the size. It was much better before goons started to get well above 6'2".
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Is he?

He was on the Blackhawks for awhile. He is a good fighter, big guy.

The ironic part, is the Sabres signed Scott in response to the Bruins and their garbage play and the refusal of the NHL to do anything about it.

So do we and the NHL want to get rid of goons overall? I have always liked goons. It was always the first thing I would check on the lineup sheet going to games: Which fighters the opposing team has. Media though works themselves into fits of rage though when the both "support" and rail against violence.
    I do wish there was some way to limit the size. It was much better before goons started to get well above 6'2".

I remember him well from his stint with the Blackhawks. I couldn't stand the guy. He brings absolutely nothing to the table besides fighting. The guy can barely fucking skate. I don't know if I'm anti-goon or not, but it just drives me nuts when your team dresses a guy who has zero offensive ability and only plays 5-6 minutes. Such a waste. Sure, it was nice to watch Scott beat the shit out of someone every now and then, but I'm not sure if winning a fight outweighs the benefits of having a competent player out there.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hockey is such a beautiful game and sport ... even the crappiest players must be able to skate, think, be strong and fit and have good hands ... i don't think there are many sports that match up to hockey ... the fighting is a distraction from what is truly special about hockey ... we have boxing, ufc and wwe if people want to see people get pummeled ... outside of the pros - it's not part of the reason anyone plays the game ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    the nhl used to be a great league up until the ridiculous expansion from 21 teams ... now every team has 3 or more players that belong in the minors ... imho.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Is he?

He was on the Blackhawks for awhile. He is a good fighter, big guy... But they are acting now as if he is some unhinged uncontrollable monster who has a long history of maiming innocent players.

They need to do away with instigator rule and a lot of that garbage will end. Before they brought in the instigator rule some of those so called goons were some of the most popular players in the league.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

MayDay10 wrote:
    Is he?

My incredibly biased two cents - being that I'm a Stars fan, a big fan of Loui Erikkson, and not a fan of fighting - is fuck that goon. :evil:
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Is he?

My incredibly biased two cents - being that I'm a Stars fan, a big fan of Loui Erikkson, and not a fan of fighting - is fuck that goon. :evil:

Since you are a Stars fan, then what do you think of this from a few days ago?
    10x worse than Scott's IMO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnVHnfYSCbs
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Since you are a Stars fan, then what do you think of this from a few days ago?
    10x worse than Scott's IMO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnVHnfYSCbs

It's terrible. I saw the hit as it happened and I yelled "What the hell was that for?!" I really am not a fan of the fighting.

Next!"

Next!"
    Islanders acquire Vanek from Sabres

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/2 ... rom-sabres

I think the sabres did alright in this trade...

lukin2006 wrote:

where will Miller go........
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Lets go wild

Beat those hawks again :corn:
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    MayDay10 wrote:

Goonery is very overrated. There's not a player on the ice that can't at least defend themselves in the corner. Goons are simply guys who will take it to the next level and go after someone after the whistle.

John Scott played for the Wild. I also got to watch him as he played in the WCHA for Michigan Tech. He's never been a dirty player, but simply a big kid and so it's assumed he's a fighter. He plays the role, but I don't think there's anything exceptionally dirty about his style. Yet, he'll be made an example of by the league.

NHL politics aside, fighting is extremely overrated. Fans have convinced themselves that fighting adds an element to the game that's not already present, so they conveniently don't have to wonder why they enjoy it so much. Legal, physical play in the corners and on the boards sends just as much of a "message" as a fist after the whistle. Fights after the whistle only encourages players to ignore the rules, and that's how injuries happen. You get guys who aren't normally cheap swinging sticks (ahem, Mr. Kessel). You get guys driving defenseless players into the ice, face first (that's you Mr. Bertuzzi). You get elbows up high. You get concussions. You get injuries. You get below-average players with no particular violent streak in them literally "fighting" to keep a job. Fighting in the league encourages escalation of dangerous play and penalties, both among "enforcers" and among players who want any role on an NHL club, even one they're not used to (think: Adam Burish catching on as a fighter for Chicago in 2007).

I think fans love it out of bloodlust, pure and simple. There's very little strategic value, and as injuries mount from the league's toleration of it, it's ridiculous that it continues.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

not edmonton ... i work with felloww and he was disappointed we he heard miller list edmonton as a team he will not go to, i guess he has listed 8 teams. Pittsburgh?

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

if I am the oilers, i calling buffalo right now. i heard that Miller has a list of teams that he will not accept a trade too. I don't know if that was ever reported.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lukin2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

not edmonton ... i work with felloww and he was disappointed we he heard miller list edmonton as a team he will not go to, i guess he has listed 8 teams. Pittsburgh?

I don't see Pitts as a team interested. maybe the islanders?
    fife wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

if I am the oilers, i calling buffalo right now. i heard that Miller has a list of teams that he will not accept a trade too. I don't know if that was ever reported.
    1. I highly doubt that information would get out there
    2. It is reasonable to assume Edmonton is on there.
    3. It may be reasonable to assume Miller may want to GTFO no matter where at this point and with UFA status.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 wrote:
    1. I highly doubt that information would get out there
    2. It is reasonable to assume Edmonton is on there.
    3. It may be reasonable to assume Miller may want to GTFO no matter where at this point and with UFA status.

i thought i read that a trade to edmonton would at least get him closer to his wife in LA? ...
    Lets go wild

Balls. :lol:
    Lets go wild

Balls. :lol:

haha, how did that taste ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:

Salty
    smarchee wrote:

Salty

appropriate then
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Doesn't sound good. :(

Semyon Varlamov arrested in Denver on domestic violence charges

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24163060/report-semyon-varlamov-arrested-in-denver-on-domestic-violence-charges

Next!"
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

I don't see Pitts as a team interested. maybe the islanders?

Until Pens dump Fleury, they aren't going to trade for Miller, don't have the cap room to make the move without jettisoning Fleury, and probably don't have what Buff would want in return if they are looking for a trade similar to the Vanek deal. Pens have a glut of D prospects but practically no real F prospects, so they aren't going to give up a Beau Bennett or similar NHL ready prospect to get Miller.
    PLAY THE SOUTH