2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    who would you guys have left off?
    I would have left off Nash, Carter, Vlasic and Luongo ... Replaced by St. Lois, Hall, Seabrook and Harding ... I'm really not thrilled Luongo was choosen ... Really hoping price gets the call in the big games.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

sounds like they wanted 4-4 split on D with shot ... so, Vlasic makes it cuz he's a left hand shot ... Seabrook out because he's a right hand shot ...

i'm not a fan of luongo either ... they are speculating he will play game 1 ...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    edited January 2014
    polaris_x said:

who would you guys have left off?

I really have a hard time finding fault with who made the team. I predict that a forward will get hurt (or Stamkos wont recover in time) and Giroux will get the call. Nash is a tough one for me because he has had a bad season but you can't argue with his past performances on the international stage.

With Team Canada these truly are first world problems.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    edited January 2014
    I miss igotid88
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    So happy for Val Nichuskin for getting selected for Russia's team! Proud of Jamie Benn, too. I know Kari Lehtonen will see very little ice time, but I'm hoping he gets lots of attention while he's at the olympics.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    Steven Stamkos has first morning skate since injury

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/lightning/2014/01/16/steven-stamkos-has-first-morning-skate-since-injury-tampa-bay-lightning/4520551/

Does anyone think Stamkos won't be ready for the Olympic? I said from the start don't count him out ... I am now more convinced he'll play. I also saw on TSN that they are hopeful he'll be able to play in Tampa's last 3 or 4 games before the Olympics.

Our number 1 line Crosby, Stamkos and Kunitz ... not bad :) .... almost as good as the '87 Canada Cup with Mario and Gretzky.

lukin2006 said:

Steven Stamkos has first morning skate since injury

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/lightning/2014/01/16/steven-stamkos-has-first-morning-skate-since-injury-tampa-bay-lightning/4520551/

Does anyone think Stamkos won't be ready for the Olympic? I said from the start don't count him out ... I am now more convinced he'll play. I also saw on TSN that they are hopeful he'll be able to play in Tampa's last 3 or 4 games before the Olympics.

Our number 1 line Crosby, Stamkos and Kunitz ... not bad :) .... almost as good as the '87 Canada Cup with Mario and Gretzky.

i'll admit i didn't think it was possible ... it will be interesting to see how the lines shake out and who the #1 pp unit will be
    Wayne Gretzky 53 today ...

edited January 2014
    Stamkos is playing ... he has practiced with contact already. I only see him not playing is if he has a setback.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    lukin2006 said:

Stamkos is playing ... he has practiced with contact already. I only see him not playing is if he has a setback.

That's good, I have him on my fantasy team, hehe.

The devils/rangers game at Yankee stadium is kinda good (except the rangers have scored like the last 3 goals).

I missed the kings/ducks game outdoors, how did that go in the warm weather?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    well ... it was too good to be true I guess ... hopefully, he didn't prolong his return by starting rehab too quickly ... i'm guessing giroux gets the nod ...
    We'll be fine ... we have plenty of depth, I thought Giroux would be the first choice as well, many analyst seem to think St Louis will get the nod ... either choice will be good and also second guessed.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    We will trade you Bobby Ryan
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I think its Sweden's tournament.

Gold - Sweden
    Silver - Russia (Im going to get burned again)
    Bronze - Canada over Finland

I dont have faith in USA this time.
    MayDay10 said:

I think its Sweden's tournament.

Gold - Sweden
    Silver - Russia (Im going to get burned again)
    Bronze - Canada over Finland

I dont have faith in USA this time.

yeah ... i'm not liking the US or Canada on the larger ice surface ...
    lukin2006 said:

We'll be fine ... we have plenty of depth, I thought Giroux would be the first choice as well, many analyst seem to think St Louis will get the nod ... either choice will be good and also second guessed.

think they will go with giroux as he is a right hand shot ... shortage on the team now
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'm fine with Giroux resting for a couple weeks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    so ... i guess it was st. louis! ... i'm happy for him ...
    polaris_x said:

so ... i guess it was st. louis! ... i'm happy for him ...

I'm fine with that choice, he brings leadership having won a cup so he knows what it takes to win. I'd like to see Tavares on the top line with Crosby.

• jmsjms Posts: 243
    I think Canada's D wins them the tournament. I'm biased being a Nashville season ticket holder but Shea Weber is the best all around defenseman in the World and playing the best hockey of his career this year. You put him with Doughty, Keith and Vlasic and then the two players from the Blues and you have a blueline nobody else in the tournament can match. I wish they had taken Seabrook instead of Hamhuis but that's not a huge difference.

Nobody else has more than 2 or 3 guys that would play on Canda's D.
    jms said:

I think Canada's D wins them the tournament. I'm biased being a Nashville season ticket holder but Shea Weber is the best all around defenseman in the World and playing the best hockey of his career this year. You put him with Doughty, Keith and Vlasic and then the two players from the Blues and you have a blueline nobody else in the tournament can match. I wish they had taken Seabrook instead of Hamhuis but that's not a huge difference.

different ice ... different game ... we'll see tho ... i prefer hockey on the big ice ...
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    polaris_x said:

jms said:

different ice ... different game ... we'll see tho ... i prefer hockey on the big ice ...

It's definitely a different game on big ice and a much better game at that and any of 6 or 7 countries has a goalie that can get hot and win a few games by themselves

It's really hard to predict the medal winners with the way they run the tournament now but I w ill say
    1 Canada
    2 Sweden
    3 Finland
    I think the difference for Canada this time on the big ice is coaching ... Simply Mike Babcock ... I'm not his biggest fan, but to bet that red wing team he had last yeat into the post season and to even have this team this year a in wild card position says a lot to me ... If any Canadian coach can game plan for the difference in ice surface size it's Babcock. With that said when it gets to the medal rounds 1 hot goalie can win the tournament, '98 the dominator. So there are probably 5-6 teams that could win but I like our chances.

No Henrik Sedin for Sweden

Or Daniel I can't keep them straight ... 1 of themselves not playing.

• Man I can 't fucking wait for this olympic hockey tourney to get started. USA!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    lukin2006 said:

Didn't Sweden lose a D-man too?(I don't follow the NHL like i use to).

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Didn't Sweden lose a D-man too?(I don't follow the NHL like i use to).

I'm not sure ... but they may have well lost Daniel Sedin as well. he not nearly as good without his brother ... or at least in any tournament thats not the cup finals.