2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sid only player to win stanley cup, olympic gold, world junior gold, world championships gold, hart trophy, art ross trophy and conn smythe trophy ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    polaris_x said:

sid only player to win stanley cup, olympic gold, world junior gold, world championships gold, hart trophy, art ross trophy and conn smythe trophy ...

Joe Sakic (but add a World/Canada Cup)
    MayDay10 said:

polaris_x said:

Joe Sakic (but add a World/Canada Cup)
    no art ross for sakic
    ah, I thought he did in 01. Missed it by 3 points.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    polaris_x said:

So they basically gave him the Conn Smythe so he could mark it off his checklist. Certainly wasn't on merit.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640

polaris_x said:

So they basically gave him the Conn Smythe so he could mark it off his checklist. Certainly wasn't on merit.
    Someone is really salty today.. maybe this will cheer you up

Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

polaris_x said:

hate can make you blind! ... haha

the award is voted on by the hockey writers association ... not sure there is any agenda on their part ...
    It's ok. My boy has lifted that Cup more times than Sid.

By the way, the word "salty" is so overused it doesn't even have meaning. Even a Pens fan has to agree that there were at least 4 other players wayyyyyyy more deserving of the Conn Smythe trophy.
    I would recommend letting it slide.

The Penguins won the cup last night and Crosby the Conn Smythe. It is an impenetrable argument.
    That's "Cup" with a capital C, my friend! :wink::lol:
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    Great playoff, of course not so dramatic like in 09, but.. i feel sorry for some guys like jumbo joe, marleau, burns (best beard ever). Pens were the strongest team. Congrats to all fans!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Las Vegas will get a NHL team
    I miss igotid88
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

polaris_x said:

It was on merit ... He may not have filled the nets ... But he played a complete game for the entire playoffs and looked great doing it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    igotid88 said:

I see myself taking some trips in the future for Buffalo @ Las Vegas games.
    lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

It was on merit ... He may not have filled the nets ... But he played a complete game for the entire playoffs and looked great doing it.
    He was a -2 for the entire playoffs. Kessel got robbed. Murray got robbed. Couture got robbed. Pavelski got robbed.
    MayDay10 said:

igotid88 said:

Not sure how I feel about a Vegas team. The NHL obviously has not learned anything from the other desert franchise.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

MayDay10 said:

igotid88 said:

Not sure how I feel about a Vegas team. The NHL obviously has not learned anything from the other desert franchise.
    That team is going to have an unfair advantage because every visiting team will get shit-faced.
    Early 2017 odds: Penguins favored to repeat, followed by Blackhawks, Caps, Blues.

With the way the Penguins are currently built, I could see them going on a Blackhawks-type run for the next 5 or 6 years. They have a good core locked up with Malkin, Crysby, Kessel, & Letang and plenty of young talent. Barring injuries and the young guys shipping out via trades or FA, they have a good formula for the coming years.

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

He was a -2 for the entire playoffs. Kessel got robbed. Murray got robbed. Couture got robbed. Pavelski got robbed.
    I'm pretty sure Kessel or Murray don't feel robbed ... after all they are cup Champs. And very seldom does a player from the losing side win the Conn Smythe and theven 2 you mentinned just didn't do enough in a losing effort to warrant the conn Smythe.

Crosby would be the first to tell you that he'd be more than happy to share the award with those 2 teammates of his you mention, he'd probably share the award with his entire team ... because he knows it took an entire team effort to win the championship...in the end that is all that matters to Crosby.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Finally rid of Bickell :smile: ... at the expense of Teravainen. :frowning:
    Does anyone else find it strange that Sidney Crosby never has any sort of girlfriend/wife/etc?

They won the cup and his mom and dad were out there with him, while all the other players had their GFs, wife, kids, etc...

Anyways, odds are very much against a Penguins repeat. IMO they really needed to get this cup because their window is closing. Probably a couple more kicks at the can... but it is never easy.
    MayDay10 said:

Does anyone else find it strange that Sidney Crosby never has any sort of girlfriend/wife/etc?

They won the cup and his mom and dad were out there with him, while all the other players had their GFs, wife, kids, etc...

Anyways, odds are very much against a Penguins repeat. IMO they really needed to get this cup because their window is closing. Probably a couple more kicks at the can... but it is never easy.

his girlfriend is in the pictures with him with the cup
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by Jason P on
    MayDay10 said:

I'm beginning to think a back to back champions would take a monumental effort from any team. No back to back champ in nearly 20 years. Detroit was the last.

RIP Mr. Hockey. Saw part of his funeral on our local tv.

• so who will land stamkos?
    threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light shine on you crazy diamond

so who will land stamkos?

given even odds to tampa then 4-1 Toronto
    He would pay a lot more in taxes in Toronto, but he could make it up with Poutine endorsement deals.

I say he goes to Detroit because that would be super rad.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    The NHL just approved the Las Vegas expansion team. Will be interesting to see what a Vegas hockey game/hockey crowd is going to be like.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    polaris_x said:

so who will land stamkos?

given even odds to tampa then 4-1 Toronto
    If he's a FA on July 1 then I give toronto the odds to land him ... a 7 year deal and knowing who your coach will be the next 7 years as well might be enticing enough, then add the number pick this year, mitch marner possibly coming in next year and now a number 1 goaltender, that might be all it takes ... and then the opportunity to play in front of hockey crazy people. Win a cup I Toronto and he's a hero.