Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,969
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

There is luck involved (poor officiating, injuries, etc) but I believe you make much of your own luck. If your team is put together right sometimes things just click.

Maybe sometimes, but with hockey I've seen too many teams that are put together right, like you said, only to run into a crazy hot goalie, or lose a game on an odd man rush after hitting a post... all sorts of freak stuff nobody sees coming. All about being at the right place at the right time.
    I mean when was the last time Brent Burns - one of the league's premier defensemen - just dropped his stick? Happened to be in the corner at the end of the game, hagelin slides the puck to Bonino and the pens take game 1. If Brenter had his stick that goal never happens. Totally a fluke
    The hot goalie has cost a lot of very good teams championships and have won their teams championships ... One of the greatest runs by a goalie Patrick Roy '93 ... That run may never be matched ... How many playoff games did Hasek, Brodeur, Dryden, Parent, Richter etc..win their teams.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Oh wow James And Kirk are playing the national anthem......GO SHARKS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    Kirk needs to trim that lettuce.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Fuck that whiny bitch captain that can't grow a beard. HATE. THE. PENGUINS.

how do you really feel?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    A goalies nightmare avoided 2 on 0 breakaway.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    TORONTO ... TORONTO ... TORONTO ...

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    haha!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,969
    Fucking right! If there is someone in PGH with a hookup on tickets for Game 5, please let me know!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Like that the Sharks are up against it. Want to see them get stepped on -- no making it back for a game 7. Kick them in their collective balls, end it!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    The Penguins really needed this. They are aging and Rutherford has stripped the cupboard bare (and Shero before him). The window is/was closing. This could be it, so enjoy it
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,629
    g under p said:

Peace

Looks like San Jose's chances are starting to Fade To Black...

Heyooooooooooooooooo
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    I hate the Pens ... But it's Phil Kessel
    RS151862 said:

g under p said:

Peace

Looks like San Jose's chances are starting to Fade To Black...

Heyooooooooooooooooo
    The Sharks need to remember to Hit the Lights off after they clean their lockers out!
  • Options
    Phil Kessel is the thing that should not be.
  • Options
    Just because ...

• Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Jason P said:

Just because ...

I need to unsee it
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    If you’re looking to get into one of these games I have some advice for you. Work it, work it and work it. The Warriors ticket was easy. They had Ticketmaster drops all week. So I took advantage of that.

The Sharks tickets were harder to come by. Never had a drop, but found plenty on the resale market (so I knew there was inventory). I showed up 4 hours early to the venue and went directly to the box office, nothing on sale. They said maybe at 4PM. I asked where to wait and was first in line. While waiting watched about 20 different people ask the box office the same question as me. Most walked away, only one other couple stuck around. At 2PM a suit walked into the box office with a list. I am called over and I score! So did the couple that waited maybe a minute. All those other people that left…

If I had felt my chances at the box office were nil, I would have either worked the biggest parking lot or better yet a transit stop. People always show up with an extra or two. Very seldom am I denied and pay face value or close to it.

WOW! What a great couple of days.

Good Luck to the seekers!

photo finals2016_zps1qyf8e4z.jpg

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options

Fuck the Penguins. Fuck Crosby.

Wah and wahh! Pot and the kettle with the whiny thing.Pretty sure crosby has grown a more full and luxuriant beard than ovechkin or giroux . But even if he hasn't, beards obviously don't matter.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Glad you got to see your team in the Cup Finals. I went in 2012 and would have gone again in 2014 but my wife was past due date for our boy and I could not risk being @ MSG watching Kings Cup Chase when she went into labor.
    Having been to Super Bowl, World Series, BCS Championship Game, and SCFinals, I thought the SCFinals was the most fun. (Not a basketball fan.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    edited June 2016

Fuck the Penguins. Fuck Crosby.

Wah and wahh! Pot and the kettle with the whiny thing.Pretty sure crosby has grown a more full and luxuriant beard than ovechkin or giroux . But even if he hasn't, beards obviously don't matter.
    I don't like Ovie or Giroux, either.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    edited June 2016
    edwho said:

If you’re looking to get into one of these games I have some advice for you. Work it, work it and work it. The Warriors ticket was easy. They had Ticketmaster drops all week. So I took advantage of that.

The Sharks tickets were harder to come by. Never had a drop, but found plenty on the resale market (so I knew there was inventory). I showed up 4 hours early to the venue and went directly to the box office, nothing on sale. They said maybe at 4PM. I asked where to wait and was first in line. While waiting watched about 20 different people ask the box office the same question as me. Most walked away, only one other couple stuck around. At 2PM a suit walked into the box office with a list. I am called over and I score! So did the couple that waited maybe a minute. All those other people that left…

If I had felt my chances at the box office were nil, I would have either worked the biggest parking lot or better yet a transit stop. People always show up with an extra or two. Very seldom am I denied and pay face value or close to it.

WOW! What a great couple of days.

Good Luck to the seekers!

photo finals2016_zps1qyf8e4z.jpg

wait, does that say the face value of those tickets was $650 and $705 to sit in the upper level???
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

wait, does that say the face value of those tickets was $650 and $705 to sit in the upper level???

Yup, two rows from the spiders.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options

Glad you got to see your team in the Cup Finals.

It had been awhile since attending a hockey game, forgot how cold it gets inside the venue. My first live game was standing room at the Chicago Stadium, Madison Avenue.

Just happen to have a little memento :)

photo cbha_zps3fsr5loz.jpg

I went to a playoff game also, but never the finals.

Saw the Sharks early on at temporary home SF Cow Palace. Finally hockey in Northern California!

photo cbhb_zpselexhx68.jpg

To me hockey (like car racing) just isn’t the same on TV. You just don’t get the true excitement until you experience it live. The fast pace and the sounds just don’t translate to TV, you miss so much. The excitement of the rush or a slap shot has to be experienced. The sound of the puck hitting the glass, goal post or a stick after a pass adds a lot. A hard hit against the boards and just the skates on ice, it’s so much better live.

Bay Area sports are hot the last bunch of years with the Giants winning three World Series, the Warriors in it again and now the Sharks. And the Super Bowl was played in Santa Clara this past February. Very happy to call it home.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    wow! :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WTF? am I watching arena football?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,789
    Wobbie said:

WTF? am I watching arena football?

Not a bad start here. 4 goals in 5 minutes!! And after all that, it will probably be a 3-2 final.
  • Options
    spot on, ed who, about hockey and motorsports being so much better in person.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16