Options

PJ womens tees :(

Comments

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    bionicamy wrote:

I feel for whoever has to make these decisions on merchandise.
    I wonder if it's a guy that is doing the womens stuff, I do feel sorry for whoever it is.

Right now there are no ladies new tees, not that I remember seeing. I've been looking through all the goods the past few days :oops: There are some in the sale stuff or limited, I can't remember which.
    They may think well womens tees don't sell, but they would if they fit better :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    mindi wrote:
    I love the second one and the swirly scoop neck.

The first one :lol: I couldn't wear because the design would stick out. Maybe down at the bottom would be cool on one of them.

:lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing...I'm also in the 'my boobs get there before I do' club. But the design tool wouldn't let me make the logo smaller :P I think if it were almost tiny and discreet, it'd look nice...or down the bottom like u said.
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    sickofit wrote:
    mindi wrote:
    I love the second one and the swirly scoop neck.

The first one :lol: I couldn't wear because the design would stick out. Maybe down at the bottom would be cool on one of them.

:lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing...I'm also in the 'my boobs get there before I do' club. But the design tool wouldn't let me make the logo smaller :P I think if it were almost tiny and discreet, it'd look nice...or down the bottom like u said.
    Or put one on each boob :lol:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:

I feel for whoever has to make these decisions on merchandise.
    I wonder if it's a guy that is doing the womens stuff, I do feel sorry for whoever it is.

Right now there are no ladies new tees, not that I remember seeing. I've been looking through all the goods the past few days :oops: There are some in the sale stuff or limited, I can't remember which.
    They may think well womens tees don't sell, but they would if they fit better :mrgreen:

Their reasons are their own as to which I can again only assume. But my own clothing collection and this board it seems fit is a big factor and women moving away from buying the ladies shirts and buying men's would do it.

The new Matt drum shirt comes in women's.... But other that like you said there are 4 older shirts that's it..... I think there are 2 hoodies. but sizes are limited if you want most of thus stuff

Better things will come we just cracked the first 20 years with the band.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    bionicamy wrote:

Being taller at 5' 8" I am going to reqest longer length again simply because once it is gone it can't be put back BUT sleeves can be rolled and if the material is right a shirt can be longer without looking like a sack.

I think sports shirts for the ladies even if in very limited numbers would be appreciated!

Yes!! I'm also 5'8" and length is always an issue.

I would love ladies sports shirts, as well... oh, and fitted hoodies and more colours! Black tees are for boys! :-P It really would be amazing if there were more fashionable options for us ladies.

After reading what some of you girls have done with your shirts, though, I am inspired to get out a pair of scissors and a thread and needle and see what I can do. I've just always been afraid of butchering my shirts, but I may as well give it a try.
  • Options
    The MC shirt does have womens, but there are no measurements. :(
    I'm tempted to buy a womens and a youth xl and see which one fits, but neither might fit. And out of the womens PJ tees I have right now, the sz Large is way bigger than the XL and even teh XXL I have. So I really have no clue what size to order.
  • Options
    sickofit wrote:
    Here are my ideas.....had fun making these in spreadshirt.no ;)

V-neck tee:
    6192298513_93855b4723.jpg

Fitted Hoodie:
    6192815778_c284108c1d.jpg

Boat-neck sweatshirt:
    6192298409_b6d773a308.jpg

Scoop-neck tee:
    6192248659_759c376bbe_m.jpg

edit to add this 3/4-sleeved hoodie:
    6192395279_e70231e941.jpg

Love these all...especially the boat neck, I could get away with it on casual fridays. :D
  • Options
    I made a sorta tutorial for the Stone tee to a dress for my 6 year old. (and I will deny that that is stacks of fabric behind her :oops: )
    2011-04-29_17-06-45_52-1.jpg
    It's the first 8 or so pictures here. Says what I'm doing in the description. I think tonight I'll do a mens tee to ladies and can do another tutorial.
    Anyway here is what I did, and you don't have to add the tutu, unless you want to.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mindid/fabric/

Here's another shirt I made, and yes I do like making jerseys/raglans :mrgreen: they only have 4 pieces to sew together, goes together so fast.

The sleeve fabric really does match, since the image on the front is kind of shiny it made it brighter than the sleeves.
    618025262_photobucket_87432_-1.jpg
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    bionicamy wrote:
    Hey sickofit I really like the v neck and scoop.
    Nice job

Me too! The v-neck especially!

I received an email today from 10C about this thread, basically all it said was "please stay tuned for any updates".
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    sickofit wrote:

V-neck tee:

Fitted Hoodie:

Boat-neck sweatshirt:

Scoop-neck tee:

oh ouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOVE LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    sickofit wrote:

V-neck tee:

Fitted Hoodie:

Boat-neck sweatshirt:

Scoop-neck tee:

Wow, :o these are really great! Love the V neck and the scoop! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    bionicamy wrote:

Being taller at 5' 8" I am going to reqest longer length again simply because once it is gone it can't be put back BUT sleeves can be rolled and if the material is right a shirt can be longer without looking like a sack.

I think sports shirts for the ladies even if in very limited numbers would be appreciated!

Yes!! I'm also 5'8" and length is always an issue.

I would love ladies sports shirts, as well... oh, and fitted hoodies and more colours! Black tees are for boys! :-P It really would be amazing if there were more fashionable options for us ladies.

After reading what some of you girls have done with your shirts, though, I am inspired to get out a pair of scissors and a thread and needle and see what I can do. I've just always been afraid of butchering my shirts, but I may as well give it a try.

Yes please! We need cool looking, fitted hoodies and longer shirts for the taller ladies. I'd love something like this...

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clot ... nd-hoodies
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    I love the V-neck! I usually cut up my shirts anyways. I will try to find pics to post. I always get asked where I get mine, but I have to tell them that I either made them or had them made.
    ~ * ~ * 12/7/03: Long live YIELD night!! * ~ * ~

i've got scratches all over my arms....one for each day since i fell apart. i did what i had to do....if there was a reason, it was you...
  • Options
    [/quote]

Yes please! We need cool looking, fitted hoodies and longer shirts for the taller ladies. I'd love something like this...

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clot ... nd-hoodies[/quote]

Yes! Sweet! Minus the price tag, though :?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    when i log in is the 1st thread i read...well done ladies...

and i love the ideas and the new designs!!!

hey,10c this thread need to be sticky!!!!

Best thread ever..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Carey wrote:
    bionicamy wrote:
    Hey sickofit I really like the v neck and scoop.
    Nice job

Me too! The v-neck especially!

I received an email today from 10C about this thread, basically all it said was "please stay tuned for any updates".

ooh! *off to check my inbox* :)
    when i log in is the 1st thread i read...well done ladies...

and i love the ideas and the new designs!!!

hey,10c this thread need to be sticky!!!!

Best thread ever..

:) thanks for the support :thumbup:
    Post edited by sickofit on
  • Options
    :S no email for me ...nvm :|

But it's good news that someone's paying attn and there's a possibility of smthg in the works. Yay, us!!

Been looking around a bit today and both American Apparel and Continental Clothing (British, I think) have great choices when it comes to a more feminine fit. Continental even has a collection called Earthpositive, which is manufactured using only sustainable energy generated from wind and solar power. The 'tunic t-shirt' would be great for those of u concerned abt length.

6194297161_04979e7e38_m.jpg

Continental also has some cool looking hoodies. I agree the men's sizes PJ has available now aren't flattering. Although I did borrow the Alpine Valley hoodie (with wrong dates & state) off myra for a while (in size XS) and it was a comfortable fit; a little loose but not so much as to make me look like a sack of potatoes :D But u can't beat a hoodie that's meant for us lay-dies (say it like Emily & Charlotte off Little Britain!) :lol:
  • Options
    sickofit wrote:

But it's good news that someone's paying attn and there's a possibility of smthg in the works. Yay, us!!

Been looking around a bit today and both American Apparel and Continental Clothing (British, I think) have great choices when it comes to a more feminine fit. Continental even has a collection called Earthpositive, which is manufactured using only sustainable energy generated from wind and solar power. The 'tunic t-shirt' would be great for those of u concerned abt length.

6194297161_04979e7e38_m.jpg
    :mrgreen: I hope they are considering something for us. How cool would that be!

Love that longer shirt. I've had 8 kids, including a twin pregnancy, no one needs to be seeing my belly ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sickofit - I would by most of the offerings from Earthpositve. My preference tends to shy away from the higher more traditional tee but other than that... I'm a pretty happy shopper :lol:

I think I mentioned this in another post and someone said it here.... A shirt people can get away with wearing on casual work days since we bring our love of the band into our work environments.

I do have the klausen polo but it's just a collectable item for me. Not sure why ;)

Whatever 10C brings us I will be excited to see and buy. I can never resist!
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    Crystal the PistolCrystal the Pistol Houston, TX Posts: 140
    I am a bigger girl but want to wear girl shirts... I have never found one that fits properly and because of this most of my PJ shirts are men style shirts.
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • Options
  • Options
    CGM81 wrote:
    I am a bigger girl but want to wear girl shirts... I have never found one that fits properly and because of this most of my PJ shirts are men style shirts.
    After I had my twins I was about 80 lbs heavier :? There was no way I could fit into any of their womens clothes. So I bought a lot of mens L & XL. Now I'm chopping them all up and making them into womens tees, or I might make myself a nice big snuggly blanket.

Women NEED stretchy, we have curves. We look horrible in the mens tees and hoodies. Do you guys want us to wear baggy clothes or nice form fitting stuff ;)
  • Options
    Yes, as I told MaxGoldenrod,

Rock that Rack!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    mindi wrote:
    Women NEED stretchy, we have curves. We look horrible in the mens tees and hoodies. Do you guys want us to wear baggy clothes or nice form fitting stuff ;)

YES!! Stretchy and I personally prefer longer tees, v-necks would be great. What an awesome thread!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    PJ needs to team up with Victorias Secret PINK line of clothing. They make awesome fitting womens clothes for the NFL and MLB!
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    sickofit wrote:
    Continental also has some cool looking hoodies. I agree the men's sizes PJ has available now aren't flattering. Although I did borrow the Alpine Valley hoodie (with wrong dates & state) off myra for a while (in size XS) and it was a comfortable fit; a little loose but not so much as to make me look like a sack of potatoes :D But u can't beat a hoodie that's meant for us lay-dies (say it like Emily & Charlotte off Little Britain!) :lol:

'A little loose' - That's un understatement ! But I agree it's very comfy and warm. The good thing is that you can totally 'layer it' with another sweater underneath :lol: . Hope you'll get to find one for you, still bummed that it was sold out on sunday when we went to get you one :(

Love your suggestions by the way. Especially the V neck one. I think a 'regular' design, only with a V-neck that possibly 'cuts' into the design on the front would look cool as well, if that makes sense. With a snuggly fit like the Ames bros shirts, that keep some length regardless of being snuggly.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    sickofit wrote:

'A little loose' - That's un understatement ! But I agree it's very comfy and warm. The good thing is that you can totally 'layer it' with another sweater underneath :lol: . Hope you'll get to find one for you, still bummed that it was sold out on sunday when we went to get you one :(

Love your suggestions by the way. Especially the V neck one. I think a 'regular' design, only with a V-neck that possibly 'cuts' into the design on the front would look cool as well, if that makes sense. With a snuggly fit like the Ames bros shirts, that keep some length regardless of being snuggly.

Well I'm am a little more gifted in the boob dept., so it was only a little loose on me :P :lol: And I thought the quality was great unlike the 'correct' ones everyone described as thin and flimsy. Must. Have. A. Wrong. PJ20. Hoodie!! (in an XS, if anyone wants to sell me one)

Did u notice the "eddy" (for Eddie) swirl design....hehe!

And I too would like designs and fits that we can wear to work....don't need anything dressy, since I'll be working as a teacher (went to an interview today!! Yay!)...but regular t-shirts can sometimes look too casual. And myra needs something to wear under her robes!! :lol:
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 443
    I can just imagine what you ladies are going through. I'm a guy that normally wears Lg t-shirts and there's plenty of room and are comfortable. I bought a Lg red Canadian tour shirt in Toronto and when I wear it I feel like a rolled up sleeping bag.

Whatever brand was used for the EV Volcom t-shirt...I wish 10C would use for all.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
This discussion has been closed.