Options

worst NFL announcers

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,472
    81 wrote:
    and i hate all the studio shows, regardless of network. they all blow. espn, cbs, abc, fox, nbc...fuck em all. i hate pregame, halftime and postgame shows. hate em all.

How do you feel about pregame shows?

I really liked the NFL Today in the 80s when it was 30 minutes. It seemed like 1:00 took so long to arrive back then. I don't watch any of them now. I usually DVR the 1:00 game and start watching around 2. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    and i hate all the studio shows, regardless of network. they all blow. espn, cbs, abc, fox, nbc...fuck em all. i hate pregame, halftime and postgame shows. hate em all.

How do you feel about pregame shows?

I really liked the NFL Today in the 80s when it was 30 minutes. It seemed like 1:00 took so long to arrive back then. I don't watch any of them now. I usually DVR the 1:00 game and start watching around 2. :lol:

one hour is plenty... plus the talking heads make it painful to watch. Fox's guys are nothing but cartoons in the studio now. ESPN has all these bad ex players. the entire cbs crew blows. can't stand costas and the old espn guy on nbc. they hype the shit of stuff and do all these stupid little side skits.

i don't even turn shit on until 5 after the hour. if it's a championship game, i wait until 15 pass the hour.

i don't need your over payed talking heads to tell me shit i already know.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    i wouldn't mind fox if it was just kurt menafee, bradshaw and howie long. jimmy johnson....eh, he's okay i guess.

absolutely no need to add strahan to the mix.

do they still have a hot weather girl?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

she was/is the only reason it would even be worth flipping thru

i don't know, i've not watched any of these shows for more than a minute or two in the last couple of years.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i don't know, i've not watched any of these shows for more than a minute or two in the last couple of years.

jillian something...always dressed like a whore :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

maybe you'd be better than 0-2 in fantasy if you did watch? :lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    NFL network pregame show isn't too bad...
  • Options
    NoCode416 wrote:
    81 wrote:

maybe you'd be better than 0-2 in fantasy if you did watch? :lol:

funny guy. :lol:

i'm doing aweful in this league...

but in my other two money leagues i'm 2-0 in both. Both have pretty solid looking squads.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,208
    81 wrote:

jillian barberie who was married (belive they are divorced now) to that famous ex-Montreal Expos utility player Bret Barberie.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

shut the fuck up and give me the game. fuck.

Shouldn't it be rat fuck?
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    youngster wrote:

I know he's not an announcer but Shannon Sharpe on the pre-game show sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. Just awful. He was a great player, leave it at that.
    the list of terrible in-studio guys is long, indeed....and sharpe is definitely on it.

Sharpe sounds like the one character on Fat Albert that can only say Dabba Deeba Dabba.

I don't know how anyone can dislike collinsworth and michaels. They are tremendous. Collinsworth gives the best insight of any NFL analyst IMO. He is always well prepared to talk about the game he's doing. And I love the fact that he will call players out when they screw up.

Actually I think most of the big name NFL announcers are decent. I like buck, michaels, tirico, nantz as play by play guys. I really liked bob papa on NFL network, but I think he's gone this year, which is a shame. I guess he's stuck doing Ginas games on the radio now.

The analysts that annoy me are siragusa, dierdorf, and tim ryan. As bad as the NFL product has become, the annoucers are one thing that's good about the league. MLB is the opposite where the on field product is good and most of the annoucers suck (luckily vin scully is back for another year :thumbup: )
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2011
    ...edit
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    So winners by default...Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw are the best?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    The Fixer wrote:

Sharpe sounds like the one character on Fat Albert that can only say Dabba Deeba Dabba.
    always painful to listen to someone who has to try so hard to form intelligible thoughts.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Fixer wrote:
    Mush-mouth was the character's name.....that's what my wife and I call Lou Holtz. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Mush-mouth was the character's name.....that's what my wife and I call Lou Holtz. :twisted:

OK, so sharpe is Mush-mouth. hahahaha. classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMADJcimnds

Lou holtz is Sylvester. He's brutal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhPuH8G5Hg
  • Options
    i agree about lou...he needs to retire.

and as someone else said, colinsworth does a good job, but his voice is lacking.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    i agree about lou...he needs to retire.

and as someone else said, colinsworth does a good job, but his voice is lacking.

I would call it condescending, like he is talking down to the rest of the world, we are not worthy.

Mush-mouth!!! hahaha! hey-buh man-buh!!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Stockton is definitely losing it...always mispronouncing names, calling players the wrong name, etc..

He used to be great, but yeah... he seems to have trouble keeping things in check these days.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Colinsworth is brutal.

Moose, Troy and Brian Billick offer the fairest and most intelligent insight.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Colinsworth is brutal.

Moose, Troy and Brian Billick offer the fairest and most intelligent insight.
    Three of the people you mentioned have a Super Bowl ring(s)....one doesn't...coincidence?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    DewieCox wrote:

I'd like to add Chris Berman and Chris Carter to the list of shitty pre/post game analysts. Berman had it once upon a time, but his schtick is long past due for an overhaul. "THEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAIIDAS!!!" Godamnit, just shut the fuck up and get over yourself.
    Carter....I'd like to kick him in the sack anytime anybody says "Come on man!" He's not as bad when he's on Mike & Mike since he has to spread it out over 4 hours.

Ahh not sure how I forgot about that bunghole. Chris Carter is the absolute WORST.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    worst NFL studio crews:

1st worst....featuring mush mouth sharpe and milli vanilla

46248_nfl_today.jpg

2nd worst...between deion and michael irvin....just shoot me. they got rid of millen and theismann, and it still blows!

img_3534_michael-irvin-excited-about-tim-tebow-stutter-on-nfl-network-after-broncos-vs-jets-game-111711.jpg

Deion-Sanders.jpg

3rd worst...I pity tom jackson for having to put up with these clowns

c4s_countdown091111_190689c.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    imalive wrote:
    worst NFL studio crews:

1st worst....featuring mush mouth sharpe and milli vanilla

Yeah, get rid of MushMouth. I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend but people that can't speak clearly without concentrating shouldn't be on tv talking. Not football obviously, but Jalen Rose is another that they need to cut.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Not football obviously, but Jalen Rose is another that they need to cut.
    he's filling in on mike & mike as we speak :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    god, I hate the golf guy and the hillbilly :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    sims and nantz, patsie ballwashers. sims is the only guy who can comment on the same helmet to helmet hit and one 'tackle' is a "clean-hard hit" and the other is anti-christ. fk him and nancy boy nantz agenda.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    god, I hate the golf guy and the hillbilly :x

I don't mind them. I think it's kinda funny that they take the games so seriously

Nantz is such a drama queen. it's funny in an unintentional kind of way
  • Options
    was just watching a big ten network cbb game between northwestern and mich state. gus johnson was the announcer.

miss him doing nfl games...
    chinese-happy.jpg