Options

worst NFL announcers

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I've got the NFL package, so I hear 'em all....and 90% of them drive me crazy.

MY worst two (and I know they're highly regarded)....michaels and nance :x
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i watch the games on mute and put the stereo on :P
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    all of them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I hate Chris Collinsworth, I rarely watch the Sunday night game b/c his voice.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'll go the other direction. I like Phil Simms.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I hate Chris Collinsworth, I rarely watch the Sunday night game b/c his voice.

+1
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    imalive wrote:
    I've got the NFL package, so I hear 'em all....and 90% of them drive me crazy.

MY worst two (and I know they're highly regarded)....michaels and nance :x

agree not a huge fan of those two.

as for commentators Brian Billick did the Eagles game last week and was awful. i think he messed up at least 5 names.

Simms is good. Darryl Johnston is pretty good as well. Aikmen and Jaworski are great.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738
    Joe Buck is the worst. Phil Simms and Dick Stockton and pretty brutal as well.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,420
    I miss Pat Summerall.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Joe Buck is horrible, but does try to be funny. Simms just sucks. The know it all thinks his shit doesn't stink. I remember a time Stockton was ok, but I think he's senile now.

I'm a Rams fan, so I get Ron Pitts and John Lynch 14 times a year. Tirico tonight though!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Joe Buck is horrible, but does try to be funny. Simms just sucks. The know it all thinks his shit doesn't stink. I remember a time Stockton was ok, but I think he's senile now.

I'm a Rams fan, so I get Ron Pitts and John Lynch 14 times a year. Tirico tonight though!!

Simms just sounds like a complete moron half the time.

Stockton is definitely losing it...always mispronouncing names, calling players the wrong name, etc..
  • Options
    Gus Johnson should be the lead play by play guy on Fox.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Joe Buck, the fact that he does Football and Baseball, is sad.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options

I forgot that he's not on CBS anymore. Is he doing any NFL games at all this year? I thought I remember hearing something about him doing a few games for FOX...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601

I forgot that he's not on CBS anymore. Is he doing any NFL games at all this year? I thought I remember hearing something about him doing a few games for FOX...

He did the Syracuse-USC game on FX Saturday, so it would make sense if he did some Fox games this year.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He did the Syracuse-USC game on FX Saturday, so it would make sense if he did some Fox games this year.

Hopefully. It's not going to be the same with Gus Johnson not calling NFL on CBS and the NCAA tourney...
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    Kenny Albert, marvs lil boy kinda sux

Looks like his neck is gonna explode too
  • Options
    Trent Dilfer. I never thought it was possible for a human being to be wrong about everything. If he didn't try to predict what every single play was going to be and say it in such a matter-of-fact way, like he knows everything about football, then he wouldn't have to spend half the broadcast explaining why the teams didn't do what he claimed they were going to do. He doesn't comment on the action, so much as he always tries to predict it. I know all commentators do it to some extent, but he does it constantly, which leads to constant backtracking.

Even though I hated his guts as a player, Troy Aikman is probably my favorite. As far as color commentators go, he isn't that colorful, but he knows his shit and sticks to the facts. He says something when he has something to say, not just to hear is own voice like so many of them. And I find him pretty funny at times.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'll go the other direction. I like Phil Simms.
    :wtf:
    I miss Pat Summerall.
    :mrgreen:
    gus is the man!

too bad aikman is stuck with buck. buck and mccarver, on the other hand, were fucking made for each other :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Surprised to see 3 people already say they dislike Buck. I actually switched games yesterday because I didn't like the announcers in the game I was watching, so I went to the Saints/Bears game just because Buck and Aikman were commentating. I like the Sunday night guys too; SNL do a funny parody of them.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

He's the, like, 6th play-by-play guy for Fox. Coming soon to the next Seahawks-Cardinals game near you. :roll:

• Options
    Surprised to see 3 people already say they dislike Buck. I actually switched games yesterday because I didn't like the announcers in the game I was watching, so I went to the Saints/Bears game just because Buck and Aikman were commentating. I like the Sunday night guys too; SNL do a funny parody of them.

I think Joe Buck does a good job. He knows his shit about football & baseball, doesn't say shit that is wrong without trying to correct himself shortly thereafter, and adds a subtle dry wit at times.

Aikman, obviously I hated the player. I loved when he went on and on about Tom Coughlin getting frostbite in Green Bay. It looked like the guy's face was gonna fall off. :lol: I guess he does a decent job. He's still a... wait we can't use gay slurs anymore. Well, you can guess. :mrgreen:

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    yeah, i don't get all the hate for Buck. he does a fine job. a like him more than al michaels or trico.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Yeah, I agree with those wondering about the hate for Joe Buck. He's not as good as his old man, but nobody is.

They do a great job on his makeup, too. Seen him at the St Louis show last year and almost coulda walked right by him without recognizing him.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    There are only a few that aren't horrible. The rest are miserable!
  • Options

i like Gus Johnson to but i think he is on cbs

dan fouts is bad and so is dan dierdorff
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Kenny Albert, marvs lil boy kinda sux

Looks like his neck is gonna explode too

Yeah Marv sucks at calling football games so the apple doesnt fall far i guess. Simms and his man crush on Brady gets old. Lastly Joe Theisman he sucked.

Honorable mention Dennis Miller
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Honorable mention Dennis Miller

If you're going to go back that far, might as well toss in Rush Limbaugh as well. And probably Jimmy The Greek. I've never actually heard his commentating (other than the infamous one) but since then anytime somebody in sports, be it a commentator or whoever, says something stupid, especially if it's racially insensitive, it's called a "Jimmy The Greek Moment".
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Lastly Joe Theisman he sucked.
    you mean Mr. "when I played"? Mr. "I woulda"? :lol:

I think that asshole may still be around on the NFL Network.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Lastly Joe Theisman he sucked.
    you mean Mr. "when I played"? Mr. "I woulda"? :lol:

I think that asshole may still be around on the NFL Network.

Oh he was the WORST. I was so sick of him rooting for the Redskins vs. the Eagles on MNF all the fucking time.

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I miss Madden - he would make me laugh

don't care for Buck or anyone with a voice like that.

Collingsworth is smart, I like what he says, but he has such a smarmy voice it can get annoying.