Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Chris Collinsworth blows

I don't understand the hate for him. He is fantastic

He was pretty annoying yesterday.

Agreed.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Chris Collinsworth blows

how so?

I think he and aikman are the best TV analysts. Collinsworth goes into more in-game detail than anyone. and I love the fact that he will call guys out when they screw something up. Most announcers just want to tell you how great every player is (especially gruden...I cannot stand him)
  • Options
    I like Aikman..
    But yesterday?
    Someone needed to kick him right in the balls.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    The Fixer wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

how so?

I think he and aikman are the best TV analysts. Collinsworth goes into more in-game detail than anyone. and I love the fact that he will call guys out when they screw something up. Most announcers just want to tell you how great every player is (especially gruden...I cannot stand him)

i think Collinsworth has great insight and analysis, he just comes off as being very condescending at times, almost whiney
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    i think Collinsworth has great insight and analysis, he just comes off as being very condescending at times, almost whiney

it's the voice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Aikman yesterday?

That was a blown call
    They missed that call
    They didnt get that call right
    That call was wrong
    That was a missed call

STFU Troy!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Aikman yesterday?

That was a blown call
    They missed that call
    That call was wrong
    That was a missed call

STFU Troy!!!

in fairness, that was the worst reffed game of the week, at least of the games that i saw.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Aikman yesterday?

That was a blown call
    They missed that call
    That call was wrong
    That was a missed call

STFU Troy!!!

:lol:

What drove me nuts is how they focused so much time on talking about the missed block in the back call on the Packers...yet the 49ers had TWO false starts in a row that the refs didn't call...hardly a mention at all about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's an excuse...just irritated me at how biased they were.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Aikman yesterday?

That was a blown call
    They missed that call
    That call was wrong
    That was a missed call

STFU Troy!!!

in fairness, that was the worst reffed game of the week, at least of the games that i saw.
    Cant argue with you.

But Jesus Christ Troy..
    WE GET IT!!!!!!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Also would try to downplay it when the Michaels(?) would bring up his playing days, but then would seemingly bring them up the next possible chance he got.

Maybe different strokes for different folks. I'll never understand why so many people hate on Joe Buck.
  • Options
    maybe the ref union slipped troy a few bucks to discuss blown calls all game...i mean, it's not like he won't do anything for money (rent a center sums it up for me)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Also would try to downplay it when the Michaels(?) would bring up his playing days, but then would seemingly bring them up the next possible chance he got.

Maybe different strokes for different folks. I'll never understand why so many people hate on Joe Buck.

they should have like a 5 year max broadcast career. after 5 you are out the door. too many annoucers become cartoon's of themselves.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    maybe the ref union slipped troy a few bucks to discuss blown calls all game...i mean, it's not like he won't do anything for money (rent a center sums it up for me)
    Ya know..
    I was thinking Troy had some type of agenda..

He just wouldnt STFU about the refs...
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

they should have like a 5 year max broadcast career. after 5 you are out the door. too many annoucers become cartoon's of themselves.

Yea agree..I like seing those old school highlights (like the ones in black in white)..the announcers describe the action and then are silent until the next play.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think collinsworth talks about his playing days much at all. theismann was the worst with that stuff

I agree on Joe Buck. Like I said, for as shitty as the nfl product is their announcers are pretty good.

gruden is the one I can't stand (dierdorf too). he makes MNF unwatchable
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Ya know..
    I was thinking Troy had some type of agenda..

He just wouldnt STFU about the refs...

You have to admit that they were awful though. If the refs in the Bears game missed all those damn calls you KNOW you would be bitching about it too!!!!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

no way man

I still miss pat summerall
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

no way man

hahhah is last few years was great comedy!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

no way man

pat summerall 25 years ago....yes
    pat summerall 10 years ago....no

if i could bring any single annoucer back, i'd bring back Keith Jackson for college football..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

no way man

pat summerall 25 years ago....yes
    pat summerall 10 years ago....no

if i could bring any single annoucer back, i'd bring back Keith Jackson for college football..

there you go.

the old school announcers are the best. brent musberger is tremendous for cfb.

love just hearing their voices...you know it's a big game
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

You have to admit that they were awful though. If the refs in the Bears game missed all those damn calls you KNOW you would be bitching about it too!!!!
    Like I said yesterday

Personal foul #56 on the return team.
    Oh wait! Nevermind!!

You Packer fans cant bitch about the refs!!! hehehehehe
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Like I said yesterday

Oh wait! Nevermind!!

that was one of the worst flag pick ups ever. how do you miss that one....

ifr you throw a flag, have the balls to make the call. these refs seem scared.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Like I said yesterday

Oh wait! Nevermind!!

Hey, I'll admit it worked out in our favor a couple times. Either way THESE REFS SUCK!!! If Thursday's game comes down to a blown call I'm swearing the damn season off until they get the real refs back!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't think collinsworth talks about his playing days much at all. theismann was the worst with that stuff

I agree on Joe Buck. Like I said, for as shitty as the nfl product is their announcers are pretty good.

gruden is the one I can't stand (dierdorf too). he makes MNF unwatchable

He didn't a ton, but when his partner would bring it up he'd try to play it cool and it seemed like the next play he would be bringing it up himself. He's better as an analyst on Inside the NFL.

Gruden is awful and for as bad as his color commentary is his analysis on stuff like Sportcenter or Prime Time is atrocious. Somebody please hire that guy as a coach.

Dierdorf during the Colts game yesterday was about the most annoyed I've ever been during a football game. I gave him a pass since the Colts are my team and I loathe the Bears and all their bandwagon fans around here.

Somebody mentioned Herm Edwards earlier in the thread too. Add him to my list if I haven't done it already. He would definitely fall under 81's 5 year rule. His schtick was funny the first few times I seen the Coors light commercial. I'm embarrassed for ESPN that they put him on so many shows.
  • Options
    i don't mind dierdorf :leaving:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    these refs seem scared.

For sure...In the games I watched there were alot of calls that they seemed guilted into.

Alot of them seemed to have the "Ricky Bobby I'm not sure what to do with my hands" thing going on when they would step up to announce a penalty, which I thought was pretty entertaining.

I don't think they've actually done that bad of a job. There have a been a few real head scratchers combined with a bunch of calls that the regular refs could miss.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I always enjoyed Madden, Summerall and Al Micheals
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    81 wrote:
    these refs seem scared.

For sure...In the games I watched there were alot of calls that they seemed guilted into.

Alot of them seemed to have the "Ricky Bobby I'm not sure what to do with my hands" thing going on when they would step up to announce a penalty, which I thought was pretty entertaining.

I don't think they've actually done that bad of a job. There have a been a few real head scratchers combined with a bunch of calls that the regular refs could miss.

i agree for the most part they have been fine, the gb/san fran crew excluded.

agree on the ricky bobby thing. they don't seem to have a clue what the hand motions are or what they are suppose to say.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Hey, I'll admit it worked out in our favor a couple times. Either way THESE REFS SUCK!!! If Thursday's game comes down to a blown call I'm swearing the damn season off until they get the real refs back!

yeah, the nfl makes BILLION$ but fuck the "real refs." they already make $128K per year for an awesome parttime job and they want a pension plan that no (full time) nfl employee gets :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    The Fixer wrote:
    there you go.

the old school announcers are the best. brent musberger is tremendous for cfb.

love just hearing their voices...you know it's a big game

I love Musberger. Like you said....when you hear a voice like his, you know it's a big game.