worst NFL announcers

Comments

• I don't mind Joe Buck as much as a I used to.....and I used to HATE Joe Buck.

I also have always liked Colinsworth. 
    I'm with you here.  I've done a complete 180 on Joe Buck....used to hate him but now I really like him.  I've heard a bunch of interviews with him on some podcasts and Howard Stern that have really changed my opinion of the guy.
    Joe Bucks false outrage towards Phil Mickleson after he whacked that moving ball sealed the deal for me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I don't mind Joe Buck as much as a I used to.....and I used to HATE Joe Buck.

I'm with you here.  I've done a complete 180 on Joe Buck....used to hate him but now I really like him.  I've heard a bunch of interviews with him on some podcasts and Howard Stern that have really changed my opinion of the guy.
    Joe Bucks false outrage towards Phil Mickleson after he whacked that moving ball sealed the deal for me.
    Well who does that in the US Open though? That's a weekend hacker move and here is a hall of famer doing it on the game's biggest stage. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Well who does that in the US Open though? That's a weekend hacker move and here is a hall of famer doing it on the game's biggest stage. 
    Yes I know.  I'm aiming it towards how Buck reacted to it.  I don't like Joe Buck.  Never have.  His reactions were forced at best during his reporting of the incident.
    edited October 2018
    I don't mind Joe Buck as much as a I used to.....and I used to HATE Joe Buck.

Yes I know.  I'm aiming it towards how Buck reacted to it.  I don't like Joe Buck.  Never have.  His reactions were forced at best during his reporting of the incident.
    YOU were forced at best during his reporting of the incident.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread/p4
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

YOU were forced at best during his reporting of the incident.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread/p4
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! Got me!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    buck and aikman must refer to "the edge" about a thousand times per game :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Haven''t listened to him yet bt i do know a lot of people don't like Jason Witten on MNF.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Haven''t listened to him yet bt i do know a lot of people don't like Jason Witten on MNF.

he’s better than booger mcfarland :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Buck has never irritated me as much as some. I actually disliked Tim McCarver more than Buck when they did MLB because Tim was such an arrogant ass to listen to.

Whoever said Matt Millen is right on. I could never stand him and he always did the Vikes games unless we were the national game. Bradshaw sucked back in the day too. Annoying as hell during games, but it works in the studio.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Buck has never irritated me as much as some. I actually disliked Tim McCarver more than Buck when they did MLB because Tim was such an arrogant ass to listen to.

Whoever said Matt Millen is right on. I could never stand him and he always did the Vikes games unless we were the national game. Bradshaw sucked back in the day too. Annoying as hell during games, but it works in the studio.
    I think the opposite is true of Bradshaw. I just hate the Fox pregame show with a passion. How many people in the studio are they up to now? 14? All you need is Brent, Irv, and Jimmy The Greek.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergs said:

I think the opposite is true of Bradshaw. I just hate the Fox pregame show with a passion. How many people in the studio are they up to now? 14? All you need is Brent, Irv, and Jimmy The Greek.
    Jimmy the Greek?  Really?  You want to throw in Al Campanis too?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    tbergs said:

Ahhh, the pre-game show of our childhood!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    tbergs said:

“YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT VETERANS STADIUM!”

Everything about those pregame shows was better back then. Even the music. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    anyone said beth mowins yet?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    anyone said beth mowins yet?

sexist.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tbergs said:

“YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE AT VETERANS STADIUM!”

Everything about those pregame shows was better back then. Even the music. 
    Dammit... Got me again...

I liked Howard Cosell.  I was very young when I heard him but he was a fun announcer.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    tbergs said:

agree. i don't watch any of the pre game shows anymore. it's like 5 guys all yelling and laughing over the top of each other.  they are all bad.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Witten and that other dude were the best espn came up with?

I heard Brett Favre was interested years ago....he bombed his TEST....at least some dumb ignorant shit that would make me laugh would come out from time to time

These guys are literally the C team for division 3 CFB
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    pjhawks said:
    tbergs said:

agree. i don't watch any of the pre game shows anymore. it's like 5 guys all yelling and laughing over the top of each other.  they are all bad.
    Maybe I'm being too nostalgic on my memories from the late 90's and early 00's. Haven't watched the pregame shows in over 15 year now and I at least found them entertaining then, but all Fox was interested in doing was having JB, Howie and Terry drool over Jillian Barberie during her segments.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    "Mom
    Mooooom?
    Mom!
    Can you make me a baloney and cheese sandwich, and cut off the crusts?
    And, can Jimmy come over?  We are going to watch football."

Damn, I was 9 years old again
    "Mom
    Mooooom?
    Mom!

Nice. For me it's running from the car to the house after we got back in church so I wouldn't miss anything. Those damn 11:15 masses back in the day!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    "Mom
    Mooooom?
    Mom!

Nice. For me it's running from the car to the house after we got back in church so I wouldn't miss anything. Those damn 11:15 masses back in the day!
    Oh, for sure I went to mass on Sunday mornings...but we lived about 1/2 mile from church so 11-11:45 was not too much to handle.
    "Mom
    Mooooom?
    Mom!

Oh, for sure I went to mass on Sunday mornings...but we lived about 1/2 mile from church so 11-11:45 was not too much to handle.

did either one of you hav3 a creepy priest?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    "Mom
    Mooooom?
    Mom!

did either one of you hav3 a creepy priest?
    When I was at Catholic School the head priest was a guy I thought was pretty cool, for a priest.
    Years later he was accused of being 'the head priest' by some people who were in school the same time as me.
    That is creepy.
    you must not have been his type.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    you must not have been his type.
    Correct.  I was confident and aware.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Not NFL but still the best sports intro ever IMO.  Especially during the Jordan years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnl1ulaG5k
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • I sometimes listen to the radio broadcasts on Sirius when I’m travelling.
    Some of those guys are awesome.  Off the top of my head:
     The best - play-by-play for Bengals, Vikings, KC, Bucs
    The worst - colour for the Bengals, play-by-play of Giants (Bob Papa is an arrogant prick), and Steelers play-by-play
    How tall is Jay Glazer?  Saw him stand next to the other guys on FOX and he looked like a midget :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD