Options

Pearl Jam - Ole

Comments

• Options
    So I think I'm definitely not healthy :lol:

I LOVE this song !!! Jeff part is of the charts, the bass is grooving so hard that it kick my ass by itself :o

Also love the backing vocals. Overall the sound is very powerfull and I like this kind of punky production.

Thanks a lot PJ for this FREE song !!!

Once again it's unbelievable that there's still people complaining even when it's free :shock:
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    see it live and then we talk about it..and no,i dont love everything..and i skip songs..i still think Supersonic is their worst songs..
    i just dont give a shit about negativity..pj has so great positive things and im focus on that,,thats how im..
    thats how i live my life..try to find good on things..and the song rocks..i was 2 metres away from the band..

WHAT?!!? :shock: :o :shock: You SKIP songs?!!!! I'm in shock! :lol:

Hey I don't need to talk to you about it after I've seen it live etc....I never said it was a bad song....I'm not fighting with you about whether it's good or not....I'm just making an observation that you appear to like everything. A lot of people around here appear to like everything and in my opinion, that isn't healthy.

And I saw you in the clip....2 metres away from the band....rocking out! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    PK1115 wrote:
    Its a great song if its

Outtake to backspacer.

Please god do not make this a single...

i was thinking it sounds like a backspacer leftover.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    Very "meh"
  • Options
    To be fair, if I was 2 feet from the band when they played it I'm sure I'd have a different opinion of it.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    see it live and then we talk about it..and no,i dont love everything..and i skip songs..i still think Supersonic is their worst songs..
    i just dont give a shit about negativity..pj has so great positive things and im focus on that,,thats how im..
    thats how i live my life..try to find good on things..and the song rocks..i was 2 metres away from the band..

WHAT?!!? :shock: :o :shock: You SKIP songs?!!!! I'm in shock! :lol:

Hey I don't need to talk to you about it after I've seen it live etc....I never said it was a bad song....I'm not fighting with you about whether it's good or not....I'm just making an observation that you appear to like everything. A lot of people around here appear to like everything and in my opinion, that isn't healthy.

And I saw you in the clip....2 metres away from the band....rocking out! :lol:
    Ole baby!!!O FUCKIN LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Once again it's unbelievable that there's still people complaining even when it's free :shock:

no one is complaining about the cost. you can still have complaints about something that is free. i could kick you in the nuts for free and i'm pretty sure you would have some complaints.

i'm sick of everyone thinking that we should love and worship everything the band does, and if we don't we are some how ungrateful little c***s.

for the record, i don't think it's terrible. but it's not their best either.
  • Options
    i could kick you in the nuts for free and i'm pretty sure you would have some complaints.
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    This is so bad, I thought it was a joke the first time I heard it. I'm actually surprised to not hear more people ripping it to shreds. To each his own, I suppose. As a sidenote, I don't like Big Wave or Supersonic either (though I love Backspacer). Guess certain types of PJ songs just don't "do it" for me. Still going to download it for free though. :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    4 listens in and I'm really liking it. Got a def. Surfer Punk feel to it .... gonna go down a treat here in Oz me thinks.
    TenVsRhys
    1995 - Sydney Mar 10th, Melbourne Mar 18th, Brisbane Mar 21st and 22nd
    1998 - Melbourne Mar 3rd, Brisbane Mar 14th and 15th
    2000 - London May 29th and 30th
    2009 - Sydney Nov 22nd
    2011 - EV Brisbane Mar 12th, Sydney Mar 18th and Mar 19th
    2014 - Gold Coast Jan 19th, EV Sydney Feb 11th, 12th and 13th
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale Apr 8th, Miami Apr 9th
    2017 - EV London Jun 6th and 7th
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    It has been available for two hours and it's amazing how many people have decided that they either love love love it or absolutely hate it. I think I'll reserve judgment at least until, I don't know, the morning.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Very "meh"

Changed my mind.
    Song is terrible.

"Meh" to terrible in 15 minutes. :lol:
  • Options
    Great song.. I feel this way because I aint no fuckin pussy.. which side are you on?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Very "meh"

Changed my mind.
    Song is terrible.

:lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Say Ole' SWEET SONG!
    This is a real foot tapper, I'll bet everyone is yelling this in November. Thanks for the free song!!! :D
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    edited September 2011
    Its great that its a free download. But its not a great song. Its not even a good song.

Probably on a par with Supersonic which is the worst thing Pearl Jam have ever recorded. In my opinion.

I don't get this whole new wave pop punk road Pearl Jam are taking. Its not them. Why try to be something your not?

I fucking love this band and everything it does. Until Backspacer came out and I just didn't enjoy that album.

Maybe its just a Backspacer out-take. Certainly sounds it. I hope the new album doesn't continue in this direction
    Post edited by boyo79 on
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    By the way, Fallon just came on a few minutes ago.
    Why the fuck is this guy on TV? My god!! "Puppy predictors"? Are you f'n kidding me?

Well, I suppose anything is better than Leno! :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

that's exactly what the girl i lost my virginity to said.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    By the way, Fallon just came on a few minutes ago.
    Why the fuck is this guy on TV? My god!! "Puppy predictors"? Are you f'n kidding me?

Well, I suppose anything is better than Leno! :D
    fallon is hysterical. right up there with conan
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    A brand new song given to us, Eddie singing Balls in Your Mouth on TV, a rumour that Pearl Jam will be playing at an Australian music festival next January ... It's all too much in one day. :?
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    A brand new song given to us, Eddie singing Balls in Your Mouth on TV, a rumour that Pearl Jam will be playing at an Australian music festival next January ... It's all too much in one day. :?

Link to BDO rumour?

Zig said the same thing to me earlier, but they are rumoured to be playing BDO every year. it's possible, but every year we seem to have this discussion.
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Its great that its a free download. But its not a great song. Its not even a good song.

Probably on a par with Supersonic which is the worst thing Pearl Jam have ever recorded. In my opinion.

I don't get this whole new wave pop punk road Pearl Jam are taking. Its not them. Why try to be something your not?

Maybe its just a Backspacer out-take. Certainly sounds it. I hope the new album doesn't continue in this direction

Supersonic is much better than Ole. I totally agree with you about this punk kick they've been on of late. Modern/new wave punk is awful...just awful!

"Power chords are the f'n shit!!!" :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

that's exactly what the girl i lost my virginity to said.
    :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Supersonic is much better than Ole. I totally agree with you about this punk kick they've been on of late. Modern/new wave punk is awful...just awful!

i'm with you two 100%

i can only listen to one song off backspacer, and haven't even listened to that song since 09. oh wait i lied, Eddie played it solo at the show i was at, that would have been the last time.
  • Options
    Just when we get comfortable PJ kicks our ass with another rocker! Ole!
    Weary is the mind of one stuck in repetition
  • Options
    Dr. Brainwave, you should post more!
  • Options

I still haven't gotten over the greatness that was Evacuation. :D
    Still can't believe they didn't play it at PJ20!
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

I fucking love this band and everything it does. Until Backspacer came out and I just didn't enjoy that album.

Exactly my thoughts. I think I was partly let down because Of The Earth made me think they were moving away from the Backspacer sound (I thought Backspacer was OK, but I'm ready to move on now) and going to a more straightforward rock sound. Then we hear about this other new song, and it sounds like a step back in the other direction, and sort of like a Backspacer B-side at that. I can't complain too much, I didn't pay a dime for it, and new stuff is better than none, I was just expecting something else entirely.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    E.K wrote:

Link to BDO rumour?

Zig said the same thing to me earlier, but they are rumoured to be playing BDO every year. it's possible, but every year we seem to have this discussion.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/mus ... -egf1.html
  • Options
    All you folks waiting for betterman Pt. 2, step aside!! buy a fucking ramones album and you will get it..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13