Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    I prefer Balls In My Mouth
    we know

Ole!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Oh my fucking god... this is an absolute kick ass punch you in the face rocker. Fuck YEAH!!!!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Just got home a bit ago...on the 6th listen.

I fucking LOVE. THIS!!! Kicks my ass up and down the street. Excellent.
  • Options
    Reallllly like it!!!
  • Options
    I'm very pleased to hear Jeff's bass coming forward in this one. I feel like there's a little pandering in this one, but at the same time I have to respect the South American crowds for seemingly leaving quite an impression on the band. It has a bit of an Undone feel to me and I certainly hear the Oasis similarity upon having it pointed out. Overall though, it's a fun song to me in sort of a similar vein to Big Wave.
  • Options
    McCreadys solo is out of this world... fucking love when he wails like that.

• Options
    uglybabo wrote:

this is gonna be sick live!

i hope they pull this out in to
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    was awesome guys live..awesome..gonna love it...ole!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Wait a second. You come to the US for PJ20 and before you leave you're privy to the world premiere of a new PJ song? Holy Shit! Unbelievable! What luck you have, good for you dude!
    Ole!!!!!!! :D
    You should play the lottery!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    I took at the stab at the lyrics. It's a new thread. Corrections appreciated.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Song is killer!!!
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    Needs more boom. :twisted:
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Put it on the album!!!

cheers
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    i hope the track is one the holiday single.
  • Options
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    I hope not.. not that its a bad song but that way the holiday single would be another surprise!
  • Options
    PK1115PK1115 Posts: 113
    edited September 2011
    Love it now!

Is this from a

Xmas single
    B-side
    Outtake to backspacer.
    Post edited by PK1115 on
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    I heard the holiday single was something from the vaults.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I hope that this is the first single off their new album. This song kicks ass, but I guess just like with Backspacer, there is always going to be haters out there. Haters gonna hate.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    I hope that this is the first single off their new album. This song kicks ass, but I guess just like with Backspacer, there is always going to be haters out there. Haters gonna hate.

I'm one who has some major issues with Backspacer. To me, it felt like there was an intruder on most of the songs. That intruder was the phantom band member named Brendan O'Brien. He added foreign soft touches, and weirdness to way too many songs. As I keep listening to Ole, I'm not hearing any of that and I'm here bobbing my head despite the lyrics that I'm not in love with.

This song is taking me a bit back to some of the quirky songs that surprised me but that still grooved from some of their older records. I'm digging it sort of in the same way I liked Habit back in the day. It was different, but it had hook. "Never thought you'd habit" seemed just about as odd back then as "Ole" is seeming to me right now, but I got used to it just as I'm sure I'll get used to Ole. I'm hearing some of the groove and some unpredictability back in this Ole song that I'm liking. And I'm obviously much happier with this sort of production than what was on a lot of Backspacer.
  • Options
    The song is OK, definitely not something that I want to see on the next record but hey its free so I'll take it.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Just heard the Fallon performance. I'm not gonna lie - that's probably the worst thing I've heard Pearl Jam do. Makes Backspacer sound good.

I'll download it tonight and see if my opinion changes.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    boyo79 wrote:
    Just heard the Fallon performance. I'm not gonna lie - that's probably the worst thing I've heard Pearl Jam do. Makes Backspacer sound good.

wait till u see it live..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    boyo79 wrote:

Backspacer is good.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    boyo79 wrote:

Yeah but Dimi, you like EVERYTHING Pearl Jam do! I've never heard you criticise one thing about PJ....everything they do can't be awesome.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    It's... okay.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Yeah but Dimi, you like EVERYTHING Pearl Jam do! I've never heard you criticise one thing about PJ....everything they do can't be awesome.
    But that doesn't mean he CANT enjoy everything they do, maybe he just honestly loves what the band has put out, this song included
  • Options
    JT214511JT214511 Los Angeles Posts: 36
    Soulfire42 wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:

I'm one who has some major issues with Backspacer. To me, it felt like there was an intruder on most of the songs. That intruder was the phantom band member named Brendan O'Brien. He added foreign soft touches, and weirdness to way too many songs. As I keep listening to Ole, I'm not hearing any of that and I'm here bobbing my head despite the lyrics that I'm not in love with.

This song is taking me a bit back to some of the quirky songs that surprised me but that still grooved from some of their older records. I'm digging it sort of in the same way I liked Habit back in the day. It was different, but it had hook. "Never thought you'd habit" seemed just about as odd back then as "Ole" is seeming to me right now, but I got used to it just as I'm sure I'll get used to Ole. I'm hearing some of the groove and some unpredictability back in this Ole song that I'm liking. And I'm obviously much happier with this sort of production than what was on a lot of Backspacer.

I totally agree with this. Especially the unpredictability comment. I was not a fan of Backspacer at all. This song has an edge to it that no song on BS had.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    But that doesn't mean he CANT enjoy everything they do, maybe he just honestly loves what the band has put out, this song included

It's impossible to LOVE everything that Pearl Jam puts out. Enjoy it, sure....hell, I even enjoyed The Fixer live in 2009 and that song is crap by PJ standards....but LOVING everything and not being able to criticise a single thing, that's not healthy.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Reminds me of a weak ass defensive mechanism usually extended exclusively to easily manipulated tools bought off by wannabee gamblers..either that or bull fighters avoiding impalement in a spanish arena..

still, cant wait to see it live
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

see it live and then we talk about it..and no,i dont love everything..and i skip songs..i still think Supersonic is their worst songs..
    i just dont give a shit about negativity..pj has so great positive things and im focus on that,,thats how im..
    thats how i live my life..try to find good on things..and the song rocks..i was 2 metres away from the band..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Reminds me of a weak ass defensive mechanism usually extended exclusively to easily manipulated tools bought off by wannabee gamblers..either that or bull fighters avoiding impalement in a spanish arena..

still, cant wait to see it live
    LMFAO! :lol: