What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• I Learned I'm just crazy enough to commit to Jumping out of a plane next Saturday.

My first skydiving experience!!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • that you can do better than that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    lazloblue wrote:
    I Learned I'm just crazy enough to commit to Jumping out of a plane next Saturday.

Oooooo! Have fun!! I'm kind of jealous that you're doing that next weekend! I wish! I did it a couple of years ago, and it was AMAZING!! And terrifying!! :lol: Once all is said and done, it is well worth the stress that you might experience during the process, trust me. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    lazloblue wrote:
    I Learned I'm just crazy enough to commit to Jumping out of a plane next Saturday.

Oooooo! Have fun!! I'm kind of jealous that you're doing that next weekend! I wish! I did it a couple of years ago, and it was AMAZING!! And terrifying!! :lol: Once all is said and done, it is well worth the stress that you might experience during the process, trust me. :)

Cool!!
    This was a last min, friend of friend who needs to fill a plane to get everyone the "discount" price. So, I just said why the heck not. I have said for years and years I wanted to do it. I figure why not NOW. And I'm so busy with work I wont have 2 mins to ponder the stress triggers between now and then. So for me its just going to be --show up and JUMP!!

:thumbup: Thanks for the encouragement!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I didn't so much learn as much as be reminded that I am at my best when I have someone to bounce off. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • lazloblue wrote:

Holy crap!! That's amazing! I just couldn't do it - too scaredy of heights!! You are now known as bad ass to me!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Exactly how grateful I am that there was no such thing as Facebook ten years ago. I feel so sorry for teenagers having to grow up with that shit.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    duska3419 wrote:
    Exactly how grateful I am that there was no such thing as Facebook ten years ago. I feel so sorry for teenagers having to grow up with that shit.

Seriously been debating closing my account the last couple of months... only reason it's still up is so friends can reach out to me if they're in town....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    duska3419 wrote:
    So true
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    duska3419 wrote:
    I agree. Facebook is pretty cool for adults who discover it after they've developed a social life and have developed in the face-to-face world, but it really doesn't seem like a good thing for young people to be using and growing up with. I worry what that kind of thing does to young, impressionable, developing minds... I think it could warp some of their ideas and abilities when it comes to social interaction.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • duska3419 wrote:
    true
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    shep wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

Seriously been debating closing my account the last couple of months... only reason it's still up is so friends can reach out to me if they're in town....

I recently considered closing my account as well but when I really looked at it I realized I mostly use it for info about PJ other bands, TV shows, non-profit orgs, news orgs, and a variety of other entertainment and world news related shite. By deleting the account I would also be completely severing contact with some people. I had noticed a number of friends deleting their accounts, and decided I didn't really want to do that.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    I agree. Facebook is pretty cool for adults who discover it after they've developed a social life and have developed in the face-to-face world, but it really doesn't seem like a good thing for young people to be using and growing up with. I worry what that kind of thing does to young, impressionable, developing minds... I think it could warp some of their ideas and abilities when it comes to social interaction.

Very recently a teenage girl came to live with my brother's family, making her sort of my niece. I have witnessed this first hand, there definitely is some kind of affect though I can't exactly say what it is. I read something recently addressing the affects of '#selfie' (that's the nickname given to photos one takes of oneself and posts to facebook, like vanity shots) on teenagers and it said that the more selfies they take the more it desensitizes them to the idea of their info/image floating around the internet.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    *I am addicted...to cable/internet. I have been without either since the 26th of August-I just got internet today. :|
    *moving from a big house to a smaller house is exhausting-even though we have one bedroom filled with stuff to donate.
    *when a 2000 capacity hydraulic jack falls down on you, that hurts!
    *people in my new neighborhood are friendly! :D
    *people in my old neighborhood like to rifle through my recycling bin and take shit. :nono:
    *my new neighbors are quite randy, and very vocal (it took me a while to figure out no, she is not laughing, or crying :oops: :lol:)
    *old houses have unfortunately placed windows-see above, my living room window faces my neighbor's bedroom window :?
    *Comcast will send out a tech to hook up cable and he will spend SIX HOURS re-wiring my house for cable, and still leave me without cable. :evil:
    *Lincoln Park is a great place to spend the day, the actual park, not the band's concert. <
    granted I have not seen them since the first album.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Hey!! ^^^ Welcome back! :wave: Congrats on the move!
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    A dog show is much more interesting (and seemingly organized/glamorous) on tv vs in person. We went to one this wknd just out of curiosity... What a strange deal.
    I win.
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    A dog show is much more interesting (and seemingly organized/glamorous) on tv vs in person. We went to one this wknd just out of curiosity... What a strange deal.
    Dog show people are a strange breed indeed!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    24 year olds :fp: :fp: :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hey!! ^^^ Welcome back! :wave: Congrats on the move!

:wave: thanks!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    27 year olds :fp: :fp: :fp:

Fixed
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    the damage a little leather shoelace can do to a pair of jeans.... :shock:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Expectation really is the root of all heartache.
    I lost a bet...
    so true.

hope you are alright.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    so true.

hope you are alright.

Yeah, I'm doing okay. Thanks. :)

I also learned that Truck can catch a baseball careening towards him with one hand like it is no big deal.
    I lost a bet...
    That a friend of mine eats with his mouth open and makes a lot of gross noise when he eats breakfast in a restaurant. :? :? I was a bit shocked and sickened but couldn't bring myself to say anything. I thought for sure he'd have better manners than that!
  • That time is flying by and my closing on my new house is next week :o
    :fp:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    lazloblue wrote:
    That time is flying by and my closing on my new house is next week :o

Congrats!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    lazloblue wrote:

Congrats!!

Thanks!! it's funny it seemed so far away last week. Now I'm freaking out.
    lazloblue wrote:

yay! another 'new house'! It's so exciting isn't it?!?!?

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    lazloblue wrote:

yay! another 'new house'! It's so exciting isn't it?!?!?

Exciting and scary at the same time.

Just so many things to purchase to get it started. I gave up way too much from my last relationship.
    oh Well, New Start is the best thing!!!

Congrats on yours. How you settling in?
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    dying is a bitch but if you got key lime pie it's better
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway