What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    eating chicken wings, onion rings, and countless beers will slow a man down about 67% after mowing the lawn.
    But, it was juuuust enough to help me forget that PJ tickets went on sale.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PJam82PJam82 Posts: 107
    I learned that you can love a pet so much that their loss is easily on par with losing a close loved one in your life.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    PJam82 wrote:
    I learned that you can love a pet so much that their loss is easily on par with losing a close loved one in your life.

Very sorry for your loss. :cry:

I will likely need to check myself into a mental institution when my cat dies.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    eating chicken wings, onion rings, and countless beers will slow a man down about 67% after mowing the lawn.

Yaaaa, i remembered around 2 in the afternoon :fp:

Yaaaa, i remembered around 2 in the afternoon :fp:

:fp: oh man, so did you even try? :(
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Naw, it was Sunday
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    the seller is awesome, he re-plumbed with copper instead of PEX...you rock dude! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    the seller is awesome, he re-plumbed with copper instead of PEX...you rock dude! :D

sounds dirty...
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I learned that its not bad to make the first step in reconciling...

AND reconciling is a VERY good thing.

it was a good weekend.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • :lol::lol: Work Drama > gunfire

I've fallen asleep while on the phone with my mother and she's been so immersed in what she's saying that she doesn't even notice. Half the time my husband can't even tell that I'm on the phone because I say absolutely nothing. Our conversations are really her just having a monologue. She would have been just as clueless to any ensuing chaos. :fp:

Exactly! That's what got us off the phone an hour later, actually. She realized she was just "jabbering".
    duska3419 wrote:

:shock: :wtf: I see it's not just me then.

Nope, there are at least two others. Good luck with yours. ;)
    I carried a watermelon
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I learned that fixing a gas clothes dryer is super duper easy and any one with a basic tool kit, youtube, and half a brain could fix a gas dryer (it is my first dryer I ever owned and my first attempt at fixing one, but I am an ASE certified mechanic.. but seriously is was stupid easy..)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Caveeze wrote:
    I learned that fixing a gas clothes dryer is super duper easy and any one with a basic tool kit, youtube, and half a brain could fix a gas dryer (it is my first dryer I ever owned and my first attempt at fixing one, but I am an ASE certified mechanic.. but seriously is was stupid easy..)
    All part of being VGL!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    we need to go back...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    :lol::lol: Work Drama > gunfire

I've fallen asleep while on the phone with my mother and she's been so immersed in what she's saying that she doesn't even notice. Half the time my husband can't even tell that I'm on the phone because I say absolutely nothing. Our conversations are really her just having a monologue. She would have been just as clueless to any ensuing chaos. :fp:

Exactly! That's what got us off the phone an hour later, actually. She realized she was just "jabbering".
    yours realizes it sometimes :? :lol:

Today I learned never to wake up early for unreliable people :fp: Never again :nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    My cat loves caramel!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    My cat loves caramel!
    I'm thinking that could be a disastrous sticky mess :shock: :lol:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    My cat loves caramel!

She sat there cleaning her face for 2 hours afterwards. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    My cat loves caramel!

She sat there cleaning her face for 2 hours afterwards. :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    TIL that there is a hotel in Honolulu which is only for military personnel or their dependents, and the prices are super reasonable.

http://www.halekoa.com/accommodations/accommodations/rates.html
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I learned that some of the friends I had were shitty...but I also have some friends that are seriously amazing...I couldn't get through without them!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I learned that I gotta keep better track of the lizards outside. One snuck in when I opened my door. Little bastards are quick to catch...especially with a cat chasing after it! :lol:
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I can really get a lot of shit done when certain people are out of town.
    I win.
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    I learned it is very hard to trade for cards when you have nothing to trade! :lol:

Can't buy what I want....cuz it's (kinda) free!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

can't change stupid
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I can make a mean beef broth :shock: :mrgreen:

When we cannot find the kitty anywhere, she is sleeping inside the chaise near the window. The underside has a zipper that was open, and she seems to like it down there :lol:

I love "Rival".
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    can't change stupid

and stupid can be stupider
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    The Pump Room is overrated.

Tight red pants seems to be a current trend for men.
    I lost a bet...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Staying out until 4 am 2 nights in a row makes for a shitty Monday. :fp:
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Summer temps in the mountains of Colorado at night (below 40) are lower than my coldest nights during the winter in southern Florida. No ac needed here that's for sure :clap: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    2013 just needs to go. Its just a bad year.