What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    dankind wrote:
    Lesson learned from Dman --I forget which bar and which night, but "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns" was playing.

Me: Would it kill Eddie to hammer home the 'KICK IT!' just once?
    Dman: No, it wouldn't.
    Me: He's just too cool for that?
    Dman: No, he doesn't do it out of respect.

I like this.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    dankind wrote:
    Lesson learned from Dman --I forget which bar and which night, but "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns" was playing.

I like this.

Me, too. I never saw it that way.

Sorry that I didn't get to meet you, Kimmiebyrom. I was very much looking forward to it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    With the right motivation, box turtles can scale sheer cliffs to get to the other side. :D

Goo Gone does wonders removing house paint from automotive paint and whats a little scratch between freinds.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    callen wrote:
    With the right motivation, box turtles can scale sheer cliffs to get to the other side. :D

Goo Gone does wonders removing house paint from automotive paint and whats a little scratch between freinds.

Goo Gone! today I was supposed to google what gets paint of the wife's car. She hits walls and poles all the damned time, completely sober too.. :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    i learned that maybe things do actually happen for a reason..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    callen wrote:

Goo Gone! today I was supposed to google what gets paint of the wife's car. She hits walls and poles all the damned time, completely sober too.. :fp:

So, she's fits right in down in my home state.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    callen wrote:

:lol: Yeah sober on my side as well. The key is forgiveness...its just a car.......my beautiful car....that I polish, and change fluids and park away from everyone else...but it is just a car...its just a car. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    callen wrote:
    callen wrote:

:lol: Yeah sober on my side as well. The key is forgiveness...its just a car.......my beautiful car....that I polish, and change fluids and park away from everyone else...but it is just a car...its just a car. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol: My wife just got her rear passenger side door repaired/painted because she hit a wall. Then she hit the pole. :fp:

Why you dont selling a NERF car, toyota? :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    i also learned that i don't say "i love you" often enough. like i never used to say it at all.

i have been saying it to everyone important to me since i got back from chicago.

it all started when drinking with speedy's crew.

i am thinking they may have brought that out of me.

• LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    I am tired of people's BS.
    dankind wrote:
    dankind wrote:

I like this.

Me, too. I never saw it that way.

Sorry that I didn't get to meet you, Kimmiebyrom. I was very much looking forward to it.

Me too, Dankind, I really was!! Time completely slipped through like water this trip. Way too quickly. I could have withstood at least another 24 hours of that crowd!! Those people are so amazing and kick ass!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

i also learned that i don't say "i love you" often enough. like i never used to say it at all.

i have been saying it to everyone important to me since i got back from chicago.

it all started when drinking with speedy's crew.

i am thinking they may have brought that out of me.

That is awesome!! They are a great bunch of people. I'll never, ever, ever forget the hospitality and welcome they showered on me. Tip o' the Hat to the Chicago 10c crew! You know who you are!! ;)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    not all tartar sauces are the same...
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    My eyes are not as pretty as Speedy's.
    I lost a bet...
    That is awesome!! They are a great bunch of people. I'll never, ever, ever forget the hospitality and welcome they showered on me. Tip o' the Hat to the Chicago 10c crew! You know who you are!! ;)
    yeah i know! they are great people and i am so glad to have gotten to hang out with them. i am never ever going to forget the day/night after the show just hanging out all night until sunrise. it was the highlight of the trip for me in so many ways.

we fit 7 people in a small cab. imagine me, speedy, my 6'3 friend bill, the driver, and 3 women crammed into a regular sized taxi. unbelievable!

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    yeah i know! they are great people and i am so glad to have gotten to hang out with them. i am never ever going to forget the day/night after the show just hanging out all night until sunrise. it was the highlight of the trip for me in so many ways.

we fit 7 people in a small cab. imagine me, speedy, my 6'3 friend bill, the driver, and 3 women crammed into a regular sized taxi. unbelievable!

Was that after Giordano's or the Claddagh Ring? It's all run together it seems :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Was that after Giordano's or the Claddagh Ring? It's all run together it seems :lol:
    that was going to claddah ring. i think by that time you had already gotten into a different, much more spacious cab...

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    that was going to claddah ring. i think by that time you had already gotten into a different, much more spacious cab...

:lol::lol: You snooze you lose!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    :lol::lol: You snooze you lose!!!!
    story of my life my friend ;)

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

All that yoga finally paid off!

Quite the memorable adventure.

:P
    Nice shirt.

I can imagine it, but my mind needs a good scrubbing now!! :lol:
    Sounds like you had the time of your life!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

It seems cramming a bunch of a people in a car is becoming a tradition... after the Missoula show, I believe 9 of us squeezed into Heisenberg's rental car... :lol: :fp:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I should have gone to Wrigley. :fp:
    I win.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Yes, you should have. :fp: ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hgpjam11 wrote:

me too :fp:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    We should start a Pearl Jam City/State/Country.
    #FHP
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

Wait, what??? I thought I met you! .... Who the fuck was that guy?? :? :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Horos wrote:
    We should start a Pearl Jam City/State/Country.

Will there be taxes on the merch? Will seniority count? What will be our state vegetable?

:corn:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    hgpjam11 wrote:

Wait, what??? I thought I met you! .... Who the fuck was that guy?? :? :fp:

probably some douchebag

;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    that Angels do exist..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”