Options

***Glen Hansard Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
    I'm really really hoping that he decides to release Lucia as a bonus track soon. It's by far my favorite song by him and it's a shame it didn't make it on the album.
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I'm really really hoping that he decides to release Lucia as a bonus track soon. It's by far my favorite song by him and it's a shame it didn't make it on the album.

I loved seeing that song live when I first saw it. If you buy the deluxe version of his album there is already two bonus songs and it isn't it... :(
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I'd go. That'd be a great night out.
    I didn't like the selection of tickets an hour into the presale, so we'll see what happens tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    curmudgeoness - He's doing a show in Philly in September (at Union Transfer). Tickets still available.

Thanks for the tip! That actually fits into the boy's schedule, too. :)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Glen is going to be on Jimmy Fallon's show on Monday!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Better Dan wrote:

I sent in my request for the band bench.
    Not sure when I find out if I got them though. :?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    I'd just like to say that that was the quickest, smoothest ticketing process I've yet to experience. :shock:

I'm not just referring to 10C ticketing issues, I'm including Ticketmaster, the byzantine New York Philharmonic website (You think "Oops! You ripped our face off!" is bad? Try, uh, investing in season tickets to NYPhil only to have the system repeatedly freak out and screw up your order.), theater websites, small clubs/venues, etc. I'm impressed.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Awesome, can't wait to watch! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Alright, I spent a lot of time on YouTube last night listening to his Frames stuff and was blown away. I just bought a ticket for his Toronto show. Hopefully I'll have a good view from my second-row aisle seat :D .
  • Options
    Alright, I spent a lot of time on YouTube last night listening to his Frames stuff and was blown away. I just bought a ticket for his Toronto show. Hopefully I'll have a good view from my second-row aisle seat :D .

Yay! Glen is amazing in anything he does (Frames, Swell Season, solo) and anytime you have a chance to see him live, see him!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    They're here :) (and it's brill)
    cc283476.jpg?t=1339257718
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

Yay! Glen is amazing in anything he does (Frames, Swell Season, solo) and anytime you have a chance to see him live, see him!!! :mrgreen:
    Can I hold you personally accountable if I'm disappointed?

I really doubt that could happen, but still...
  • Options
    He has a song called disappointed. that might be the only disappointed you'll encounter on the night :)
    and even that's unlikely 'cos he rarely plays it solo :)
  • Options
    So you're saying there's very little chance of getting disappointed that night, eh?
  • Options
    Zero chance. You're gonna love it:)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Bird of Sorrow and Storm are standouts after the first listen. Song of Good Hope is of course amazing, but I'm disappointed that Lucia didnt make the cut.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 379
    Jnich2424 wrote:

I'm only half way through the first listen, but man, it's giving me goose bumps!

So excited to go see Glen in Vancouver in October, I'm taking my parents. And my husband and I are seeing him again at the end of Oct at the rescheduled EV Vegas shows.
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Jnich2424 wrote:

Listening now. A couple tracks in. Brilliant. I'm not sure I'm going to able to wait until September 22.
  • Options
    I am completely loving this - it is pushing my listening mind - I love that!!!

Two words = HEAVY ROTATION :D
  • Options
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    eldarion75 wrote:

Awesome live footage 8-) . Check out "High Hope" where he breaks a string and doesn't miss a beat. Can't wait for the pre-order to ship and, moreso, to see him open for Ed.
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    And ONCE also won the Tony Award for Best New Musical last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6-HdfvWZQ
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I just watched tonights performance on Fallon, and it was great. You can feel Glen's passion for his craft even through television signals.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Oooh yay! Now to find out when it'll be available to buy here...... :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
  • Options
    If you're reading this, and the guest you were taking on the 12th cancels on you, consider my young man (I'll wait outside); he's a completely awesome kid -- sweet, mature, very well-behaved (excellent concert manners!), a total music geek and a Glen Hansard fan. I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom, either; you won't regret helping this kid. :)

Bump... Anyone have a change in plans??
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    eldarion75 wrote:

Thanks for sharing....Anyone know who the opener is for him on his current tour?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Rhythm and Repose LP/CD just arrived in the mail :D . I've a feeling this one is going to settle into the rotation for a while.