***Glen Hansard Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Glen's new video and first official single from the new record is up:

Glen Hansard
    'Love Don't Leave Me Waiting'
    APRIL 17, 2012

In his new video, Irish musician Glen Hansard goes tropical, finding warm bliss and plenty of sunshine in the clip for "Love Don't Leave Me Waiting." Reveals director Heidi Rose, "It's like going out on a trip to an exotic island: It's summer, it's full of hope, it's exciting, it's alive, it makes you want to dance and sing along. That is what Glen's 'Love Don't Leave Me Waiting' feels like. We shared this feeling with a group of young men and women, who very spontaneously and generously got involved in the making of our video." The Swell Season member and Frames frontman will release his solo debut, Rhythm and Reponse, on June 19th through Anti-.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new- ... z1sKvcByLP
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Glen's new video and first official single from the new record is up:

Glen Hansard
    'Love Don't Leave Me Waiting'
    APRIL 17, 2012

In his new video, Irish musician Glen Hansard goes tropical, finding warm bliss and plenty of sunshine in the clip for "Love Don't Leave Me Waiting." Reveals director Heidi Rose, "It's like going out on a trip to an exotic island: It's summer, it's full of hope, it's exciting, it's alive, it makes you want to dance and sing along. That is what Glen's 'Love Don't Leave Me Waiting' feels like. We shared this feeling with a group of young men and women, who very spontaneously and generously got involved in the making of our video." The Swell Season member and Frames frontman will release his solo debut, Rhythm and Reponse, on June 19th through Anti-.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new- ... z1sKvcByLP

Totally had a crappy day but this just made it......There is nothing Glen can't do.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    This song is now on available on itunes. get it:)
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,303
    I just learned about the tour dates via Glen's Facebook page and bought tickets to his show at the Beacon. :D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    in case you missed the other one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2kxnn1XBYY
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Very bummed out to miss Glen playing in London by 3 weeks. Damn. I'd so hoped a show would maybe co-incide. :(
    http://www.glenhansardmusic.com/songofg ... ?page_id=4
    Fab for peeps who can see him of course. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Someone took a pic of Glen playing tonight in New York and Bono made a special appearance!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    JM87242JM87242 Posts: 7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yikg49t0hf138or/Photo%20May%2008%2C%206%2031%2027%20PM.jpg[
    Was at the show at the living room last night. Show will be broadcast on Sirius "The Loft" (they do a regular series from the Living Room)

Super fast but incredible set, the new album material is great
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    A rare, intimate evening with songwriter Glen Hansard.
    June 12: Bookstore Cafe, NYC

http://www.housingworks.org/events/deta ... en-hansard
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    Glen n bono..One of them knows the words, one of them does not..it's soon apparent..
    http://vimeo.com/41819199
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2012/05/live-from-sxsw-glen-hansard.html

Glen and Jake Clemons doing 'Low Rising'...awesome.

Can't wait for the Beacon show! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

So good!

I was bummed about not being able to see him at the Beacon (traveling to Prague for PJ), but got tickets for the show he's doing at the Bookstore Cafe next month so it all worked out in the end. Very excited.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    hey folks...glen is appearing on the late late show tonight, irelands main chat show(and longest running chat show in the world actually) hes playing and being interviewed i think, you can go to rte.ie and find their iplayer, it should be up about an hour after the show, or definitely will be by tomorrow. if it region fucks you, which i dont think it will, im sure itll appear on youtube at some stage. hope yer all well:)
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

So good!

I was bummed about not being able to see him at the Beacon (traveling to Prague for PJ), but got tickets for the show he's doing at the Bookstore Cafe next month so it all worked out in the end. Very excited.

Oh, man, I wish I had seen this earlier. I got tickets for the Beacon show but my son, who is the biggest Glen Hansard fan in the family, will be away at camp on the 29th. He would have loved to go to this show.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    On a related note, my son wrote a song the other day inspired by "Falling Slowly" and Bach's Suite for Solo Cello No. 1; I'm biased, but it's really an amazing piece, and I hope he will let me share it with people at some point. :)
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    hey folks...glen is appearing on the late late show tonight, irelands main chat show(and longest running chat show in the world actually) hes playing and being interviewed i think, you can go to rte.ie and find their iplayer, it should be up about an hour after the show, or definitely will be by tomorrow. if it region fucks you, which i dont think it will, im sure itll appear on youtube at some stage. hope yer all well:)

:thumbup:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

:thumbup:
    Ooh, yeah, that will be cool to see. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    If anyone has a spare ticket to the Bookstore Cafe appearance in NYC on June 12th, PM me, please! I would love to be able to get my young man in there.
  • Options
    If anyone has a spare ticket to the Bookstore Cafe appearance in NYC on June 12th, PM me, please! I would love to be able to get my young man in there.

There aren't actually tickets - it's a guest list kind of thing (though, someone could just bring your son in as his/her guest if they had a spare of course). Maybe you can go that night and if there are no shows they'll let you buy a "ticket" to go in?
  • Options
    I'd say go along early with the little fella and try explain to the staff or catch Glens eye on the way in. You never know.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, both of you. :)

He's not that little, LOL -- just thirteen, but a very big guy, nearly six feet tall.

If you're reading this, and the guest you were taking on the 12th cancels on you, consider my young man (I'll wait outside); he's a completely awesome kid -- sweet, mature, very well-behaved (excellent concert manners!), a total music geek and a Glen Hansard fan. I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom, either; you won't regret helping this kid. :)
  • Options
    In case you missed it, a beautiful new one from last week on the TV ere....
    Song Of Good Hope
    it's a beauty:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27ud3LDyas
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    In case you missed it, a beautiful new one from last week on the TV ere....
    Song Of Good Hope
    it's a beauty:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27ud3LDyas
    Cool. Thank-you. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I need June 19th to get here asap.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Looking forward to the L.A. show at the Wiltern.

For those who are wondering, he is performing with a band, as opposed to solo acoustic.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Looks as though he will be doing an in-store performance at the Union Square Barnes and Noble on June 28 at 7:00.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I AM SEEING GLEN OCTOBER 3rd AT THE MOORE THEATER!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm strongly considering catching his Toronto show.
  • Options
    I'd go. That'd be a great night out.
  • Options
    curmudgeoness - He's doing a show in Philly in September (at Union Transfer). Tickets still available.