• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    i would like to see a show
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,435
    I wish he would do a Frames tour!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Well that was easy!! Cleveland tickets purchased! All GA seating for a tiny 500 seat gorgeous cathedral. Excited in an understatement!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Roll Tide PJRoll Tide PJ Columbus, OH Posts: 27
    I will be at the Cleveland show too. Looking forward to it! Really cool venue.
    1998- Birmingham, AL 2011- East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20) 2013- Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field) 2014- Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    I don't think that this had been mentioned yet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52cuwxwFdQ

the best review of that incredible night is here: http://www.rockol.it/news-617177/glen-hansard-concerto-segreto-lucca-report (in Italian - but long story short: when Glen Hansard met a fan and set up a concert - for free - during his Italian holidays)
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    edited November 2014
    ok, I had some spare time at work... :-\"
    (there will be a lot of mistakes, sorry for that...)

There are unbelievable stories, even some that are hard to tell. Sometimes it’s worth trying. This story starts in a record store in Lucca, the Sky Stone & Songs, whose owner, René Bassani, has a huge passion for Glen Hansard’s music. Not for Pink Floyd, Springsteen or Prince. For Glen Hansard. So much that when the irish songwriter played a concert in Florence back in 2012, from the “town of the walls” (i.e. Lucca) a large group took part of it, and so much that probably, if we make some statistics on the sales data of Hansard’s records, that store in piazza Napoleone would represent the only case in Italy for amount of vinyls and cds sold over the years.
    The Sky Stone will celebrate soon its 20years of activity, and René had already started an almost forbidden dream: to take Glen Hansard to Lucca for a concert celebrating this anniversary.
    […]
    Then the unexpected. One night, during the Nile Rodgers’ concert in the piazza, Glen Hansard stopped at the shop window. Carla, René’s wife, couldn’t believe it: they immediatly tackled him and few minutes later the object of desire was inside the store. Fans took pictures with him, he signed some records, and an immediate feeling started with René (who couldn’t find the courage to reveal his dream to him). He could later on, when the couple met Glen out of a bar.
    “I wish so bad to set up a concert of yours, we’ll find the money, leave us a contact…”
    “Why that? I’ll do it, for free, the day after tomorrow”
    […]
    They look for a location (and they find a beautiful old typography become a painters’ atelier), and they get a piano […]
    Hansard comes back in the store the next day and tells them that, if they don’t mind, he’ll do a 90minutes set, and that, always if they don’t mind, he’ll bring mum, brother, girlfriend and some friends. Seven-eight person overall. “Sure, Glen, bring whoever you want”
    So we meet on July 17, 2014, sixty friends, seated on some wooden boards, in the perfect frame for what’s going to happen.
    […]
    Glen Hansard reaches us at 10p.m., apologizing for the 20minutes delay, and sits behind the mic. He tunes his guitar in thirty seconds, looks around and says: “What a wonderful place to play in”. He starts with “Love, don’t leave me waiting”, and he’s the same old tsunami of dinamism, emotion, enthusiasm, with his voice that explodes after two warm-up songs and makes people jump on their boards. Hansard stays there for more than the promised one-hour-and-a-half, because, after trying to announce the end (as in Florence) with Leonard Cohen’s “Passing through”, he can't resist to the choir “One more tune, one more tune”.
    Shortly before that, when someone passes him a bottle of Irish whiskey he smiled and said: “If you give me this stuff we are waiting for a very long night”. In between is everything: jokes, chats with the audience, a couple of unreleased songs (“I was writing this one this morning in the hotel, I need to read it”). A friend of his joins him on stage, so his mum, singing a song a cappella. In the half-light “Say it to me now”, “Bird of sorrow”, “Lies”, “In these arms”, “Her mercy”, “Revelate”, the traditional “Spencer the Rover” resound.
    Then it comes a request and he starts Bruce Springsteen’s “Drive all night”, with the audience singing the chorus, right before the final jubilation. After the last song, Glen stays there for almost another hour, signing authographs, shaking hands, drinking red wine and thanking all for the opportunity. “To me, playing is such a strong habit – he explains – I wanted to have some rest in Italy, but in the middle of two weeks of relad, find a way to sing with some friends is a blessing”.
    When I leave, at 12.30 a.m., Hansard is still in front of the atelier, talking about the history of Italy, the churhes of Barga and the albums he would like to buy someday. I wave him goodbye, and he says to me for the third time: “I’m sorry that you miss the eels’ concert because of me, I could’ve played a song of them”.
    It’s alright, Glen.
    Post edited by elen on
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    That is so awesome! Glen is a class act! Thanks for sharing and translating!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    edited November 2014
    Tix SOLD

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    elen wrote: »
    ok, I had some spare time at work... :-\" <br />
    (there will be a lot of mistakes, sorry for that...)<br />
    <br />
    There are unbelievable stories, even some that are hard to tell. Sometimes it’s worth trying. This story starts in a record store in Lucca, the Sky Stone & Songs, whose owner, René Bassani, has a huge passion for Glen Hansard’s music. Not for Pink Floyd, Springsteen or Prince. For Glen Hansard. So much that when the irish songwriter played a concert in Florence back in 2012, from the “town of the walls” (i.e. Lucca) a large group took part of it, and so much that probably, if we make some statistics on the sales data of Hansard’s records, that store in piazza Napoleone would represent the only case in Italy for amount of vinyls and cds sold over the years.<br />
    The Sky Stone will celebrate soon its 20years of activity, and René had already started an almost forbidden dream: to take Glen Hansard to Lucca for a concert celebrating this anniversary.<br />
    […]<br />
    Then the unexpected. One night, during the Nile Rodgers’ concert in the piazza, Glen Hansard stopped at the shop window. Carla, René’s wife, couldn’t believe it: they immediatly tackled him and few minutes later the object of desire was inside the store. Fans took pictures with him, he signed some records, and an immediate feeling started with René (who couldn’t find the courage to reveal his dream to him). He could later on, when the couple met Glen out of a bar.<br />
    “I wish so bad to set up a concert of yours, we’ll find the money, leave us a contact…”<br />
    “Why that? I’ll do it, for free, the day after tomorrow”<br />
    […]<br />
    They look for a location (and they find a beautiful old typography become a painters’ atelier), and they get a piano […]<br />
    Hansard comes back in the store the next day and tells them that, if they don’t mind, he’ll do a 90minutes set, and that, always if they don’t mind, he’ll bring mum, brother, girlfriend and some friends. Seven-eight person overall. “Sure, Glen, bring whoever you want”<br />
    So we meet on July 17, 2014, sixty friends, seated on some wooden boards, in the perfect frame for what’s going to happen.<br />
    […]<br />
    Glen Hansard reaches us at 10p.m., apologizing for the 20minutes delay, and sits behind the mic. He tunes his guitar in thirty seconds, looks around and says: “What a wonderful place to play in”. He starts with “Love, don’t leave me waiting”, and he’s the same old tsunami of dinamism, emotion, enthusiasm, with his voice that explodes after two warm-up songs and makes people jump on their boards. Hansard stays there for more than the promised one-hour-and-a-half, because, after trying to announce the end (as in Florence) with Leonard Cohen’s “Passing through”, he can't resist to the choir “One more tune, one more tune”.<br />
    Shortly before that, when someone passes him a bottle of Irish whiskey he smiled and said: “If you give me this stuff we are waiting for a very long night”. In between is everything: jokes, chats with the audience, a couple of unreleased songs (“I was writing this one this morning in the hotel, I need to read it”). A friend of his joins him on stage, so his mum, singing a song a cappella. In the half-light “Say it to me now”, “Bird of sorrow”, “Lies”, “In these arms”, “Her mercy”, “Revelate”, the traditional “Spencer the Rover” resound. <br />
    Then it comes a request and he starts Bruce Springsteen’s “Drive all night”, with the audience singing the chorus, right before the final jubilation. After the last song, Glen stays there for almost another hour, signing authographs, shaking hands, drinking red wine and thanking all for the opportunity. “To me, playing is such a strong habit – he explains – I wanted to have some rest in Italy, but in the middle of two weeks of relad, find a way to sing with some friends is a blessing”.<br />
    When I leave, at 12.30 a.m., Hansard is still in front of the atelier, talking about the history of Italy, the churhes of Barga and the albums he would like to buy someday. I wave him goodbye, and he says to me for the third time: “I’m sorry that you miss the eels’ concert because of me, I could’ve played a song of them”.<br />
    It’s alright, Glen.

I'd forgotten about this!! these guys were so cool and the gig was in the coolest little artist studio!! such a fun night, thanks for reminding me and for the video!!
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Searching for a couple of tickets to the show in Milwaukee in February. Does anyone have a spare pair for sale?
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
  • Options
    loffy81 wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool project. Didn't know of Jason Molina prior, but I enjoy the cover! From Glen's Facebook page:
    "On March 17, Glen Hansard will release 'It Was Triumph We Once Proposed…Songs of Jason Molina,' an EP of material in tribute to his friend and colleague Jason Molina. Jason Molina is the revered singer-songwriter behind the project Songs Ohia, who passed away two years ago this March.

All profits will be donated to a charity in Molina’s honor.

The EP features their friends, the musicians Jeff Panall, Jennie Benford and Dan and Rob Sullivan. These four had known Molina since his days at Oberlin and had toured and performed with him on such key recordings as 'Didn’t It Rain' and 'Magnolia Electric Co.' Rob Bochnik joined this core group for the recording session with Glen.

TRACKLISTING
    Side A
    Being in Love (Stream: http://bit.ly/oc34soundcloud )
    Hold On, Magnolia

Side B
    Farewell Transmission
    Vanquisher
    White Sulfer

LP & CD Predorder: http://bit.ly/oc34preorder&quot;
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    The frames are playing some 25th anniversary shows in Dublin and Cork..
    10487548_756855537731834_1759470541086165052_n.jpg?oh=c8333e73f8d802d93b3ed07091e76297&oe=555FE38A&__gda__=1432560492_08b9ff8ac275698b790e7b00d7ac63c7
  • Options
    also, cant remember if i ever posted this, but i made a Frames compilation of some old&rare songs of theirs..its all live & meant to flow like a live set...all these are downloadable..http://www.orderinthesound.com/old-paintings-a-compilation
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Glen covered present tense the other night :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2TFg9yrxk
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Anyone in DC have any extra tix for tomorrow? 2 would be great but even 1 would be awesome...
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote: »
    Yesssss this makes me even more pumped for Thursday!!! So awesome.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    he nailed it, in fairness:)
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    eldarion75 wrote: »

SPLENDID!!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options

That was awesome.

Really hoping that he plays it again on Saturday night in Milwaukee.
  • Options
    Jason! mail!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited February 2015
    Last night in Charleston, Glenn sang/played Smile at the end of his cover of Astral Weeks.
    Then grabbed his Uke and told everyone to call him Eddie Vedder.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I'm so excited for tomorrow's Cleveland, I am counting down the minutes! I want to leave right now! A good friend of mine saw the DC show last night and said Glen was amazing, per usual! Excited to hit up the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame the next day, too. I've never been there but I assume it will feel just like home for me haha :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    just framed this today
    photo IMG_7979_zpsf21f1fd7.jpg
  • Options
    Just saw Glen last night in MKE and it was seriously an awesome show. I came on here to gush how Glen gave a shout out to Eddie in a story and how also worked in a few lines of Smile into his "Born Again" cover. BUT then I saw the cover of present tense and became way jealous. Awesome rendition! Cheers to Glen and the awesome music he's making!
  • Options

just framed this today
    photo IMG_7979_zpsf21f1fd7.jpg

grá mór..hes always writing that these days :)
    (means big love in irish for my US pals)
  • Options

Just saw Glen last night in MKE and it was seriously an awesome show. I came on here to gush how Glen gave a shout out to Eddie in a story and how also worked in a few lines of Smile into his "Born Again" cover. BUT then I saw the cover of present tense and became way jealous. Awesome rendition! Cheers to Glen and the awesome music he's making!

That songs actually called Astral Weeks fella..van morrison tune
  • Options
    Last night's setlist...great show.

GLEN HANSARD
    February 14, 2015
    Pabst Theater; Milwaukee, WI

High Hope
    You Will Become
    My Little Ruin
    Wedding Ring
    Her Mercy
    Paying My Way
    Winning Streak
    Come Away to the Water
    Renata
    Leave
    McCormick's Wall
    Stay the Road
    Astral Weeks/Smile
    Maybe Not Tonight
    When Your Mind's Made Up
    Talking With the Wolves
    Bird of Sorrow
    Grace Beneath the Pines
    =
    Say it to Me Now
    Gold
    Falling Slowly
    This Gift
    Drive All Night/Feels Like Rain
    The Parting Glass
    The Auld Triangle

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

Last night's setlist...great show.

GLEN HANSARD
    February 14, 2015
    Pabst Theater; Milwaukee, WI

High Hope
    You Will Become
    My Little Ruin
    Wedding Ring
    Her Mercy
    Paying My Way
    Winning Streak
    Come Away to the Water
    Renata
    Leave
    McCormick's Wall
    Stay the Road
    Astral Weeks/Smile
    Maybe Not Tonight
    When Your Mind's Made Up
    Talking With the Wolves
    Bird of Sorrow
    Grace Beneath the Pines
    =
    Say it to Me Now
    Gold
    Falling Slowly
    This Gift
    Drive All Night/Feels Like Rain
    The Parting Glass
    The Auld Triangle

Last night's concert was awesome. Glen always puts on a great show.

Thank you to the 10C members who helped me track down tickets to the show.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

Last night's concert was awesome. Glen always puts on a great show.

Thank you to the 10C members who helped me track down tickets to the show.

Glad you enjoyed it. I was otherwise occupied so I forgot to turn around and say hi.