Options

*** Pearl Jam - PJ 20 Show 2 Fanviews Here ***

Comments

• Options
    That was my favorite PJ concert ever by far. The mood was incredible. I really didn't care at all what they played. Each song was performed so well and with so much energy. It's so great to see that many people focused on the same thing, singing the same lines, pointing to the sky at the same times, etc. It's a beautiful thing! What a great band, and what great fans. We seem to have lucked out in getting hooked on PJ. Other band-fan relations just don't seem to compare. Something about PJ's music got us hooked in a way that I think is unique. The connection is very deep. This concert, more than any other I've attended, really highlighted the amazing relationship between the band and its fans. I'm so proud of both.
    And war,.... Break the sky and tell me what it's for
    I'll travel there on my own.

SLC: 11/02/95, 06/21/98 - LV: 10/22/00, 06/06/03, 07/06/06 - Seattle: 11/06/00 - Bridge: 10/21/01 -
    Denver: 04/01/03, 07/03/06 - SD: 06/05/03 - Chi: 05/16/06, 05/17/06
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    drsluggo wrote:
    AndiM wrote:
    Brilliant show. The only minor (!) complaint: I would have traded "Hungerstrike" and "Reach Down" for "All those Yesterdays" and "Crown of Thornes", after they were skipped yesterday. Playing Hungerstrike two shows in a row ... Don't know. Seems to take the mythic aura a bit away from it. But anyways: Great show, good setlist and a lot of fun.

Me too... anyone know what got skipped from the setlist tonight? I know they skipped at least one...

My highlights were Wash, Love Boat Captain, Habit (awesome seeing him play with Liam on Habit both in Liam's set an PJ's), Pilate, All Night, Nothingman.

Very nice weekend - good mix of rare and greatest hits and the ToTD reunion was awesome even if today's was a bit of a repeat in the encore.

Real Me and Crown Of Thorns got skipped from 2nd encore
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    Im simply happy to see the band have such a blast while still performing perfectly as usual. I honestly dont know why im posting when i laugh at these negative posts. Its not worth anyones time even arguing because these folks obviously dont get the band no matter how many shows theyve been to. I did feel it was important to write something positive about this weekend. The reality is that it was incredible and i hope those that couldnt go to the shows get the bootlegs and check the boys out in canada or south america. We wont have em forever although i can dream.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    That was my favorite PJ concert ever by far. The mood was incredible. I really didn't care at all what they played. Each song was performed so well and with so much energy. It's so great to see that many people focused on the same thing, singing the same lines, pointing to the sky at the same times, etc. It's a beautiful thing! What a great band, and what great fans. We seem to have lucked out in getting hooked on PJ. Other band-fan relations just don't seem to compare. Something about PJ's music got us hooked in a way that I think is unique. The connection is very deep. This concert, more than any other I've attended, really highlighted the amazing relationship between the band and its fans. I'm so proud of both.

Spot on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Jeff and Mike chasing each other in a tight circle during Spin the Black Circle, then Mike doing many circuits of the whole stage, at one point almost smashing into Jeff's base. Jeff blowing a kiss to Stone and he responding by pretending to feel Jeff's boobs, with Eddie adding "now you know what Jeff's had to deal with".

Thanks for confirming was wondering if I actually saw that, or was just seeing double from the bright lights! And the Jeff/Stone romantic exchange was hilarious!
  • Options
    Whole festival was amazing. A little disappointed with Liam Finns band - he was a world better when it was just him + EJ on the aussie tour. People complaining about the setlist need to look outside the box - there is more to a show than just what is written down. I was amazed by the 'party' feel to every set. Jeff rocking up to play bass with joe arthur and then mike/matt joining in. Liam starting the set today with habit with eddie (was unreal to watch, eddie was playing some drums and they were swapping instruments a lot as Liam set up the loops). He played the intro to Habit yesterday alone and finished it today, guess he was practicing! This would probably be one of the biggest highlights of the show for me beside the temple of the dog / mother love bone stuff. Seeing the strokes and qotsa getting each other on stage - you could see the PJ love being spread around. QOTSA put on an awesome set today too.

And of course the PJ sets. Cornell was amazing. Speachless. I could watch him play those temple of the dog songs all day. I don't care if a couple were played both nights, you'll most likely NEVER see them play together like that again. Cornell was saying it had been 20 years or so since they last played TOTD songs. And of course all the banter and talk was great. Everyone was so happy. Stone grabbing Jeffs boobs lol!

The only fuck up was running out of time on night 1. Would have loved to see a full 2nd encore. Apart from that I cannot complain, loved every minute of it. I have spent a small fortune coming over from Australia for this concert and I would do it all again in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. Haters can hate - don't come next time so I get 1 seat closer :p
  • Options
    I can't believe the songs I'm seeing on these setlists. I will green with envy indefinitely. I don't post here often but I hope everyone who went had the most awesome time, which no doubt you would have. And I really hope there is a bootleg, I wanna hear In The Moonlight with Josh so bad.
  • Options
    these setlists make it a lot easier to swallow that I was unable to attend.
    now i can sleep easy.

people can go on and on about the (energy) but for the hyped 20 anniversary. these are very weak setlists.
    14 or so cover songs over 2 nights, give me a break.

comicbookguy.gif

This poster who talks about swallowing and sleeping easy is an insult to any simpsons character. Im convinced its adam levine or paula abdul.
  • Options
    eladder wrote:
    People calling these shows "epic" "perfect" and the "greatest musical experience of my life" give me a break. If you have seen this band 10 times I guarantee 8 of those ten shows were better than these last 2.

I have, and they weren't.

SLC: 11/02/95, 06/21/98 - LV: 10/22/00, 06/06/03, 07/06/06 - Seattle: 11/06/00 - Bridge: 10/21/01 -
  • Options
    SM10080SM10080 Posts: 234
    eladder wrote:
    People calling these shows "epic" "perfect" and the "greatest musical experience of my life" give me a break. If you have seen this band 10 times I guarantee 8 of those ten shows were better than these last 2.

I have, and they weren't.

So they weren't epic and perfect?
  • Options
    SM10080 wrote:
    So they weren't epic and perfect?

I have seen this band 10 times, and 8 of those ten shows weren't better than these 2.

• Options
    This is to all those pissing and moaning about...blah blah setlist on night one wasn't as good as..blah blah..not worth the money..blah blah...YOU chose to go and this amazing band chose to put this show on for YOU. If you are going cry about oh I wish they played a bit more of Binaural or 'gee i wish they hadn't played Hunger Strike twice...SUCK IT UP.

I am in Australia and an happy to watch dodgy youtube clips and look forward to the screening of the doco.

PJ20
    LOVE IT.
  • Options

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    andrewdel wrote:
    This is to all those pissing and moaning about...blah blah setlist on night one wasn't as good as..blah blah..not worth the money..blah blah...YOU chose to go and this amazing band chose to put this show on for YOU. If you are going cry about oh I wish they played a bit more of Binaural or 'gee i wish they hadn't played Hunger Strike twice...SUCK IT UP.

I am in Australia and an happy to watch dodgy youtube clips and look forward to the screening of the doco.

PJ20
    LOVE IT.

So agree with you. Being able to see some of the songs on t'internet yesterday morning made my weekend. Its sad that after such an event for the band and fans that so called fans on here can only moan cos Corduroy didn't get played and TOTD played a few songs. I do wonder why some people are part of this fanclub why they only have negative views about the band.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    WOW!
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    WOW!

Dude. Double 'WOW'
  • Options
    hedavehedave Posts: 201
    There are no words. There are so many reasons said and not said. To the most profound, impassioned and entertaining band on Earth today, I thank lyou for a weekend more personal than I could have possibly considered. During Chris' four-pack of Temple songs, I saw Ed in the back offering background vocals. It was clear the stage was surrendered for a moment. In a gesture of simple humility, Ed happily consigned himself behind the drums. I saw then his love for music and his passion to change the lives of those thousands who came to greet him during the last two days. Thank you, guys. Thank you so very much.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    Sea wrote:

ENCORE BREAK 1
    19. Eddie improv/new song (performed solo by Ed on acoustic guitar)

What was the new song like? Any videos?
  • Options
    Well I guess til you start your own band, make great records, play to adoring fans across the globe and do this for 20 years.....When you have done that, maybe then you can tell them how to play a show..

Anyway, I'm done. You spent $1300 on PJ20 and you're not happy. I'm sorry it didn't live upto your expectations.[/quote]

Thanks for the apology! That's all I really wanted.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    I agree 100% with this post....band and fans became one tonight!

It was, by far, the greatest musical experience of my life. That's what happened. Maybe you just had to be there. It was like the biggest fan club only show ever.

I said it after Night 1, and I'll reiterate it after Night 2, if you somehow went to PJ20 and left unfulfilled, it's just time to quit listening to live music. Nothing will ever be good enough for you.

And if you can't at least enjoy your favorite band looking so fucking happy, you're probably just a miserable prick who hates his life.

If you're just following setlists, looking at the names of songs on a computer screen, you have no idea what went down here this weekend. None. And, I guess, we can't explain it to you. But you missed out.[/quote]
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I am not am overly emotional guy but as I sit here @ o'hare waiting for my flight home from this weekend I can't help but have a lump in my throat.
    My eyes are a bit moist (it maybe the lack of sleep)
    I have yet to wrap my head around the enormity of this weekend and I feel blessed to have bared witness.
    I have been a faithful fan for 18 years. Pearl Jam is one of the longest relationships I have ever had.
    I am still speechless and overwhelmed.
    Thank You for everything
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain. Oh, somehow.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    This is a weekend I will take to the grave with me. Met so many great people, and brought a friend who is floored by said great people. The fans really represented pj well, as I spoke with security personnel at the hotel and venue who loved the fanbase and the common courtesy.

How about that tense minute when the floating tealight torch got stuck under the all wood amphitheater roof?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Thread is closed so it can be cleaned up. The Fanview threads are for people who went to the show so they can share their experience. Please find the set list thread to comment on that and other existing threads for some comments. Everyone doesn't need to start a new thread of their own. Sharing is good.

Thread is now reopened for Fanviews from those who attended the show.

Please see the Posting Guidelines to be sure they're being followed. They are for everyone. Thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Well I had to leave this night before the 2nd encore, but I was just exacted & having fun by myself on the lawn. The real highlights for me was Liam Finn on HABIT & John Doe's message of hope. Also McCready being all over the stage during SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE!! :)
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    and if you guys wanna search best even flow version.....just wait for the bootleg of tonight.....

Bar none my favorite Even Flow. This version rocked. Hard.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Neil Bruce wrote:
    Sea wrote:

ENCORE BREAK 1
    19. Eddie improv/new song (performed solo by Ed on acoustic guitar)

What was the new song like? Any videos?

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_m5qPLkZsM

It was an ed solo/acoustic song, basically about the longevity of the band and their friendships, based on a line he said came to him the night before: "I'm so glad we made it, to when it all got good."

I doubt it shows up on the next studio record or anything. But, in a way, it completely framed the weekend. This song is what PJ20 was celebrating.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    hedave wrote:
    There are no words. There are so many reasons said and not said. To the most profound, impassioned and entertaining band on Earth today, I thank lyou for a weekend more personal than I could have possibly considered. During Chris' four-pack of Temple songs, I saw Ed in the back offering background vocals. It was clear the stage was surrendered for a moment. In a gesture of simple humility, Ed happily consigned himself behind the drums. I saw then his love for music and his passion to change the lives of those thousands who came to greet him during the last two days. Thank you, guys. Thank you so very much.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    All I have to say is that I'm glad I hitched my trailer to this band's wagon back in the winter/spring of 1992.
  • Options
    I am sititng here in Dublin, Ireland reading all thee positive/negative responses about the 2 setlists. i have seen Pj live 9 times and i counted 19 songs that i have never heard in any of my 9 shows. That is not including TOTD. The pressure on Ed to come up with the 2 setlists must have been enormous, He pulled it off. He knew the gigs would have been full of massive fans and i think the sets reflected that. he could easily have bottled it and played all the hits but he pulled it out of the bag. these type of sets wil never be heard again. those that were there, i am so jealous. When i saw what was played, it brought a big big smile to my face. This was a once off. YOu jammy bas***ds. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    Oh and adding to my review last night. Even as someone who attended:

WE WANT BOOTLEGS! WE WANT BOOTLEGS!

:). Otherwise: Even after a night's sleep, I'm still incredily hyped about that past weekend. And so sad I can't make it to the Canada tour due to commitments at home. :(