Options

*** Pearl Jam - PJ 20 Show 2 Fanviews Here ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    Glad we made it.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ......Glad you made it....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ......from all over the fuckin planet...
  • Options
    Ladies and Gentleman....
  • Options
    PEARL JAM....

.....The Best Band on the Planet.....
  • Options

Yes, we are. Still a crappy ending to an otherwise perfect song.

Mike's been playing it that way for years in homage to Jimi. Just go with it. I'm sure he would have added your national anthem, as well as the anthem of every other nationality represented at PJ20, but they had already long since blown by curfew.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    and if you guys wanna search best even flow version.....just wait for the bootleg of tonight.....
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    who was onstage for RITFW???
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options

Yes, we are. Still a crappy ending to an otherwise perfect song.

Mike's been playing it that way for years in homage to Jimi. Just go with it. I'm sure he would have added your national anthem, as well as the anthem of every other nationality represented at PJ20, but they had already long since blown by curfew.

Would have preferred no national anthem no matter what country I was in, but I didn't think about the homage part :-)
  • Options
    No Coder wrote:
    who was onstage for RITFW???

Half the population of East Troy, Wisconsin.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Besides the awesome show by the band tonight, I felt like the people and energy was much more positive than night 1.

It was also cool to meet more 10 clubbers tonight. I had really cool people around me including a 4 year old at her first show. She was rocking out and dancing to the Strokes and even knew to ask her parents for a bathroom break during Even Flow. Plus the kid was a Cubs fan.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Perfection.

I am speechless otherwise.

I cannot believe I got my Wash!! Love Boat Captain gave me chills. The grin on my face from Liam Finn's excitement on Habit may never leave. I love this band, I love these shows and most importantly I love these fans!! The dude whose ticket I ended up with ended up finding me at the seat and we BOTH enjoyed the 10th row. So happy for him and I!

A bigger review will def follow...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Here's to hoping PJ21 is 3 days long :thumbup:
    Great fuckin show by both the band and the crowd. This weekend was incredible.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    and if you guys wanna search best even flow version.....just wait for the bootleg of tonight.....

that was rockin....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Wash, rich and smooth.
    Habit. Liam carved it up.
    Jeremy sing along.
    Gtf at the proper tempo.
    Great vibe from band and crowd.
    It's fucking ok.
    The museum
    Free food in the expo centre
    Hansard and smile

Public image. Meh
    Does world. Meh
    Maybe 2 too much Cornell?
    No binaural :(
    No yesterdays :(
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    What a grand celebration!

Loved it all and was stoked to hear "It's Ok" and "No Way"!

What an incredible weekend! Met the most wonderful people ... pure enjoyment! Sleep calls ...
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Wash, rich and smooth.
    Habit. Liam carved it up.
    Jeremy sing along.
    Gtf at the proper tempo.
    Great vibe from band and crowd.
    It's fucking ok.
    The museum
    Free food in the expo centre
    Hansard and smile

Public image. Meh
    Does world. Meh

I forgot about It's OK. How fucking nuts did the place get during that?
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Agreed on these three... Yesterdays was on yesterday's setlist but left off (probably to make room for more Chris Cornell)...

BTW - so glad they wound up playing No Way after Stone wanted to drop it. It really IS all Stone's fault! :)

Anyone know what was on the setlist but skipped tonight?
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Maybe it was the communal energy of the whole place ... especially in the pavilion. Every crowd participation moment was amplified tenfold. The energy was unbelievable, on stage and off.

Mike running laps behind the drum riser during Spin the Black. Ed and Jeff coordinating leaps during various songs. Stone refusing to play No Way, before finally being goaded into it by the fans. Ed's improv song, which was basically about the band lasting for so long ("I'm so glad we made it, to the part where things got good.") Chris Cornell knocking the TOD stuff out of the fucking park. Matt fucking Cameron. The tailgating in the parking lot where, amid the beer and brats, you heard Ed's voice emanating from every single car stereo system. The hug exchanged between Jeff and Ed behind the riser after the show that kind of brought a tear to my eye.

There really was a true anniversary vibe running through the whole affair. From the choice of songs, to the special guests, to the remarks Ed made ...it really was a celebration of how lucky we are that the band we all love, the band that's gotten us all through so much shit, the band that's been there for the down times, and the deaths in the family, and the breakups and the marriages and the births of our children, the band that always seems to be there when we need them, that in many ways has been the most stable relationship in our lives ... that band is still around, even after all these years.

It doesn't happen to every band. We are damn lucky it happened to ours. Every second of this weekend underscored that fact to me.

That's why you had to be there. And why some standard show in Saskatoon, while sure to be awesome, just won't be the same.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but if you weren't here this weekend, you missed out on a special experience that won't be repeated. Not until PJ40, at least.

Slightofjeff, a tip of the cap to you for capturing just about everything I felt tonight.

The only things I'll add is how cool it was to watch Stone rocking at the side of the stage to Call Me a Dog, all by himself and just being a fan... And how truly great No Way was. Definitely a song I under appreciated until tonight.

Crowd was so into it, second night in a row that I was surrounded by likeminded people.

This weekend was the experience of a lifetime, from the time I arrived at Logan Airport and started seeing PJ shirts through the preparty, the tailgates, the shows, meeting 10c friends from around the world, and just rocking the fuck out.

Thank you, Pearl Jam.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Agreed on these three... Yesterdays was on yesterday's setlist but left off (probably to make room for more Chris Cornell)...

BTW - so glad they wound up playing No Way after Stone wanted to drop it. It really IS all Stone's fault! :)

Anyone know what was on the setlist but skipped tonight?

All Those Yesterdays would have completed Yield for me, after I also got Push Me, Pull Me and No Way this weekend.

Habit completed No Code for me.
    Satan's Bed completed Vitalogy (minus the goofaround songs).
    Deep completed Ten.

All in all, a productive weekend for yours truly.
  • Options
    what Mike did during Spin The Black Circle...
    this guy is unreal...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Gosh, simply amazing! Can't wait to listen to the boot to relive it. And DVD, perhaps? Loved the energy, Ed and Mike especially. Didn't think it was possible but I think Mike might have been running around more tonight than he was last night. One of those super bright lights was in my line of sight the entire time, so I couldn't always see what was going on but at one point was Jeff chasing Mike in a circle and then Mike took off running around the stage? Or maybe that was all Mike.

Can't believe they played the It's OK tag, been waiting forever for that one! Only thing I can name missing this weekend was Crown of Thorns, I had it in my head that it was a given that they would play it, so of course I ended up being disappointed. When he was talking about Brendan O'Brien, I totally thought it was Crown of Thorns, almost died but it turned out to be Unthought Known which I guess Brendan convinced Ed to record?

Also love those moments when Ed was acknowledging the magnitude of the event, thanking various people and such. At one point during one point during one of Mike's solos (might have been Yellow Ledbetter, actually), Ed and Jeff were kinda in the back of the stage talking and I saw them hug for a really long time. This is clearly an emotional time for them and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.

Strokes were fantastic tonight too! I wasn't that into them yesterday but loved them today.

The other important part that made this weekend epic for me are the people I befriended/who befriended me. Came to this by myself knowing that I did not want to bring along someone with me just to have someone to hang out with (none of my friends are huge fans) and it was absolutely the best thing I ever did.

Man, how do I go back to normal, mundane life? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Too tired to read other reviews, sorry for repeats.

As much as yesterday's show was crazy and wonderful, tonight was Kick Ass. The band seemed so alive and joyful. Some memories (must have video, the audio only will miss so much):

Jeff and Mike chasing each other in a tight circle during Spin the Black Circle, then Mike doing many circuits of the whole stage, at one point almost smashing into Jeff's base. Jeff blowing a kiss to Stone and he responding by pretending to feel Jeff's boobs, with Eddie adding "now you know what Jeff's had to deal with".

So many musical highlights. Habit. Jeremy so powerful. Pilate.

Ok, you can have Leatherman, I find it boring. Personal taste and all. So I spent the time looking around at 30,000 die hard fans who know the words to every song, from every country in the world, completely focused on the music. Crap.

The end of Black where the crowd wouldn't let it go, the band looking around like "how the he'll do we stop this?" with Eddie finally clapping to get everyone to quit singing.

A nice shout out to uncle Neil before introducing Harrison on Elderly Woman. He apparently wasn't there but I didn't come to see him.

For all the Cornell haters, more video was taken at that moment than probably any other time in the show. You should have seen the sea of cameras. The crowd that was there loved him. Ok, I wasn't a fan of the repeats, but Call me a Dog was spot on and beautiful.

And, redundant if you've been there, getting out if Alpine with your car SUCKS.

Never saw the museum, the line was out of the building and up the hill today. Hopefully that stuff will be available again somewhere.

Thank you ten club for my seats, the awesome fenced areas, and the overall fan-friendly vibe.

Can't wait for the movie and Vancouver!
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    SM10080 wrote:

Actually, I was hoping you could explain it to me. If you were there, take me through why it was so good.

Maybe it was the communal energy of the whole place ... especially in the pavilion. Every crowd participation moment was amplified tenfold. The energy was unbelievable, on stage and off.

Mike running laps behind the drum riser during Spin the Black. Ed and Jeff coordinating leaps during various songs. Stone refusing to play No Way, before finally being goaded into it by the fans. Ed's improv song, which was basically about the band lasting for so long ("I'm so glad we made it, to the part where things got good.") Chris Cornell knocking the TOD stuff out of the fucking park. Matt fucking Cameron. The tailgating in the parking lot where, amid the beer and brats, you heard Ed's voice emanating from every single car stereo system. The hug exchanged between Jeff and Ed behind the riser after the show that kind of brought a tear to my eye.

There really was a true anniversary vibe running through the whole affair. From the choice of songs, to the special guests, to the remarks Ed made ...it really was a celebration of how lucky we are that the band we all love, the band that's gotten us all through so much shit, the band that's been there for the down times, and the deaths in the family, and the breakups and the marriages and the births of our children, the band that always seems to be there when we need them, that in many ways has been the most stable relationship in our lives ... that band is still around, even after all these years.

It doesn't happen to every band. We are damn lucky it happened to ours. Every second of this weekend underscored that fact to me.

That's why you had to be there. And why some standard show in Saskatoon, while sure to be awesome, just won't be the same.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but if you weren't here this weekend, you missed out on a special experience that won't be repeated. Not until PJ40, at least.

What to know what sums up this weekend? See above........
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suziemay wrote:
    The other important part that made this weekend epic for me are the people I befriended/who befriended me. Came to this by myself knowing that I did not want to bring along someone with me just to have someone to hang out with (none of my friends are huge fans) and it was absolutely the best thing I ever did.

Man, how do I go back to normal, mundane life? :mrgreen:

:lol:

agreed. it was great meeting up with so many of the friendly board members that we bullshit with.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    holy crap. amazing. AMAZING! people complaining about the setlists obviously weren't there because the stories about the 90s and making it 20 years were amazing. and the way they executed all the songs was amazing. the best versions of habit, black, jeremy, red mosquito, etc i've ever heard. the fact is, these were songs people grew up with, songs they got them into pearl jam in the first place, and without them they wouldn't have made it to their 20th anniversary. it was amazing to see where they came from and how they evolved, especially for someone like me who was barely alive when pearl jam formed. god i love this band!!!

AMAAAAAAAZINGGGGGGGG!!!!
    oh yeah. i cried during love boat captain.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    what Mike did during Spin The Black Circle...
    this guy is unreal...

I was trying to get into the song ... and I couldn't stop laughing. It made my stomach hurt.
  • Options
    SM10080 wrote:

This weekend was the experience of a lifetime, from the time I arrived at Logan Airport and started seeing PJ shirts through the preparty, the tailgates, the shows, meeting 10c friends from around the world, and just rocking the fuck out.

Thank you, Pearl Jam.

What the hell ever happened to 'not being that guy?'

Not sure what you're doing here, but I never typed what you've attributed to me above. You've screwed up the quote function. Maybe detox a bit, then come back to the board when you're a bit more coherent?
  • Options
    The end of Black where the crowd wouldn't let it go, the band looking around like "how the he'll do we stop this?" with Eddie finally clapping to get everyone to quit singing.

Forgot about that. That was awesome. So many great moments.
  • Options
    I got emotional during RITFW. These concerts were so perfect. I am so floored by the shows and people I met.

I feel so fortunate to have witnessed and experienced this amazing weekend. Tonights show was the best ever.

EVER.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2